Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,373 comments
The whole game at its core is about car collection how can you tell someone to not collect cars with a straight face
Because he said he didn't want to play the game for "thousands of hours." If you don't like the game that much then don't play it that much. I'm sure I will eventually have nearly every car in the game and I don't "grind." If it felt like a job I wouldn't play. I enjoy every lap because it's a fun game to play.

Anyway, its been 5 days since 1.08 is up and game access is restored. I expect the next 2 days or maximum another week there will be another update.

What to be needed by now for me
  • Increase all race credit rewards by 1.75x or better 2x
  • Increase multiplayer race credit rewards by...ugh...25x !!!!
  • Sell cars (it would be better if we could resell 75% of its value, unlike Sport, you only get 50%)
  • New mission races
  • New world circuit events
I hope PD team could do something meaningful this time.

Anyway, its been 5 days since 1.08 is up and game access is restored. I expect the next 2 days or maximum another week there will be another update.

What to be needed by now for me
  • Increase all race credit rewards by 1.75x or better 2x
  • Increase multiplayer race credit rewards by...ugh...25x !!!!
  • Sell cars (it would be better if we could resell 75% of its value, unlike Sport, you only get 50%)
  • New mission races
  • New world circuit events
I hope PD team could do something meaningful this time.
I would expect new content on April actually. But they should do something with those low rewards... :/

1h 20min of having fun in WTC800
I don't like fixed PP races with a bit useless AI. My fun is to choose any from slow cars and prepare weather exactly like I want. In that case the game is unbeatable. After payout, you need to leave some true review on MC.

How on Earth could they think we prefer these stupid "start 30+ seconds behind the leader" races over the grid start and close rolling start ones in career mode? The 2 chili pepper Gr.3 race at Suzuka was legit pretty fun because I was actually racing the A.I. and they weren't afraid of side by side battles. Same goes for the 4 pepper Clubman race at Tsukuba. The A.I. probably have some kind of boost or assists to make them faster than they really were but I still much prefer this over what 95% of these races are.
I legit think GT7 is the worst “racing” game of all modern racing games. It’s a great driving game physics and graphics wise etc but in some races you start 40 seconds behind the leader with 3-5 laps to catch and pass them. That’s approx 10 seconds a lap quicker than the lead car! In what motorsport, amateur or professional would these cars be allowed in the same race apart from multi class racing? These cars are of the same class in GT7! Quite unbelievable.

Then they have “Missions” where you have to do the same thing in a few corners or a lap. They’re just masking their inability to create good AI and pretending like it’s the history of GT games.

Unfortunately I think PD needs a massive shake up, including moving on Kaz, because I think he’s well out of touch with the series’ fans.

After PS5 system software update (by Sony just today), some users cannot do online play -- in context of PS plus verification failures. The PSN itself still operating normally.

Last week PD hit by "rare circumstances never seen during QA".

Looks like God is not doing any favors to Sony gang.

I don't think they have boosts. They use the track limits aggressively and are probably the same "PP" as they limit players to. The AI is also very good at maintaining their tires by not oversteering and good with fuel by not always going full throttle. The chase the rabbit races are meant for new and average skill players. I agree that the two race series you mentioned along with other high chili races are more enjoyable but the game isn't only meant for high skill players. They want average skill players to be able to beat the main campaign. Could also be why they cut the final menu races so that the harder series aren't required to "beat" the game. Custom races can also be very challenging if you set the AI to professional.
I hope you're right, but I have not found this to be the case. I've done a custom race against the AI on Professional where we were in the exact same car (GT-R 34 at ~600PP) right from my garage, around the Nurburgring 24h. By the time we hit the Nord, I was 1.5 seconds ahead; about 30 seconds later I was up by well over 3 seconds and climbing fast.

I hope you're right, but I have not found this to be the case. I've done a custom race against the AI on Professional where we were in the exact same car (GT-R 34 at ~600PP) right from my garage, around the Nurburgring 24h. By the time we hit the Nord, I was 1.5 seconds ahead; about 30 seconds later I was up by well over 3 seconds and climbing fast.
There is high rubber-banding. Don't trust any AI with it. It's all fake.

Beware the Mangusta for now IMO. Got it and tried it out in an online lobby and it was undriveable - severely bugged. Somewhat better in 'arcade' mode.
Oh god, it's hillarously bad.

Just gave it a go.

Me: I'd like to turn a corner please

It: You mean oversteer wildly?

Me: No, turn a corner.

It: Oversteer wildly, at 35mph, on a steady throttle. Got it.

Imagine if the microtransactions worked both ways. Each time you got 5000 credits from a four star roulette ticket, you'd get the option to either use it in the game or to cash it in and get half a cent in real life. After about a year of daily workouts you'd have enough to get an ice cream, or maybe even a very cheap beer 😋🤩

Last edited:
I legit think GT7 is the worst “racing” game of all modern racing games. It’s a great driving game physics and graphics wise etc but in some races you start 40 seconds behind the leader with 3-5 laps to catch and pass them. That’s approx 10 seconds a lap quicker than the lead car! In what motorsport, amateur or professional would these cars be allowed in the same race apart from multi class racing? These cars are of the same class in GT7! Quite unbelievable.

Then they have “Missions” where you have to do the same thing in a few corners or a lap. They’re just masking their inability to create good AI and pretending like it’s the history of GT games.

Unfortunately I think PD needs a massive shake up, including moving on Kaz, because I think he’s well out of touch with the series’ fans.
Perhaps so yes. I hope everything will be professionally handled.

Us fans/players should write a joint letter or do a survey or whatever, so that our opinions are clear. Reviewbombing metacritic is not the correct way imo. Can you even call yourself a fan, if you go on this route (now when I think about it)? This partly ruins the reputation of the game.. GTS went all the way up to update 1.5, started from 1.0X something..

Man some people need to learn to give constructive critics. 🤔 Also trying to pressure/influence others with more positive views to become negative and join the boycott/complainer boat etc. Get a life.

I am sure those rich persons who actually buy MTX are wiping their tears of joy now with dollar bills, reading all the chaos ensuing on forums, while enjoying their drive with 917K and F1, and the rest of the expensive cars (not expensive for them). 😎

Me? A fan and grinder if needed, GT7 just a game, it has both good and bad things, fix the online game modes (sport mode and lobbies), increase the rewards slightly and voila'. It is all sorted out.

Welcome to 2022, where games never work fully at release, this is not the PS2 era anymore I am afraid, MTX considered pretty much a norm these days. This is gaming in 2022.

Side note (a bit off topic): F1 used to be for free in Finland. Now it costs at least like 13€/month to watch it.

Last edited:
Oh god, it's hillarously bad.

Just gave it a go.

Me: I'd like to turn a corner please

It: You mean oversteer wildly?

Me: No, turn a corner.

It: Oversteer wildly, at 35mph, on a steady throttle. Got it.
You guys bought the wrong car. That one is a mistake. You're supposed to buy the "Mangsta".

Imagine if the microtransactions worked both ways. Each time you got 5000 credits from a four star roulette ticket, you'd get the option to either use it in the game or to cash it in and get half a cent in real life. After about a year of daily workouts you'd have enough to get an ice cream, or maybe even a very cheap beer 😋🤩

I always though, since we have to pay for liveries that are made by users, that if I buy the Oreca livery for my Viper for 10,000 (yes, I know I am paying for the paint an wheels) that the person who made the livery should get a kickback. %50 goes to them! It would be another way to make money.

I always though, since we have to pay for liveries that are made by users, that if I buy the Oreca livery for my Viper for 10,000 (yes, I know I am paying for the paint an wheels) that the person who made the livery should get a kickback. %50 goes to them! It would be another way to make money.
That is actually great idea.

Is anyone having issues after updating their PS5 with the latest OS update?

I can't login to GT7, its booted me back to the stupid Music Rally and config screens.
I sat through that awful unskippable intro video again and yep, I'm not connected to the server.

Edit: The card thingy on the PS home screen shows my completion rate and trophies accurately.

*System software version: 22.01-05.00.00.40-00.00.00.0.1

Last edited:
Is anyone having issues after updating their PS5 with the latest OS update?

I can't login to GT7, its booted me back to the stupid Music Rally and config screens.
I sat through that awful unskippable intro video again and yep, I'm not connected to the server.
Some people reported the same. I won't test it until others do. :D

This might sound interesting.

It's an interview with Agustín Cajal, it's on spanish unfortunately... However, the most interesting part is that he spoke about the procedures on how he and GT Drivers made up to GT7. Apparently, their photos were taken back in 2019, and then they were told that they would appear in GT7, which at the time was not announced.

Last edited:
:mad::indiff::banghead:🤬👎🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220323-153726_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220323-153726_Firefox.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220323-154550_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220323-154550_Firefox.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 14
Beware the Mangusta for now IMO. Got it and tried it out in an online lobby and it was undriveable - severely bugged. Somewhat better in 'arcade' mode.
I noted this game has several pretty poor "default tuning settings" in many cars. I mean, some cars you REALLy need to tune them so they can work well.
Happens even in some cheap common hatchbacks, that have ridiculous oversteer on braking, and you need to tune the braking system, which is totally not necessary IRL.

Last edited:
Back