Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,367 comments
First Online races yesterday. I always looked at kudosprime in GTS. Is there such a compagnion in GT7?

Installing GT7 i saw my rating from GTS: DR: C/SR: A. After the first race it switched to E/C. Is this normal?
Everybody hatin, instead of answering my question!? ;-)

Majority of races done in Daytona Road Course.

Initial power at 580 cv.

First level at 500 km. Only -4 cv. Impact on performance is slightly noticeable
yGW5XsP.png

2nd level at 700 km. I noticed some minor issues with acceleration. Nothing major, but I could see that my car on exits was slower than the rest of the players/AI
F3S1uBb.png

also, it's possible to stay on the same level and still get your power lower. Above is 573 cv, below is 570 cv
R84JHMK.png

The last level at 1.500 km. You still can get top speed but it will take a while. About 2 seconds to get there, I'd say. Even the AI had a slight advantage on slow turns exits.
E593MHZ.png

I say this is the last level because I hit 2.650 km and nothing changed. Now don't quote me on this, but I have a feeling that with new oil the car sounds better!

You guys have no idea how happy I am to change the oil again in a GT game. It feels good, like the good ol' days. :D

Last edited:
Majority of races done in Daytona Road Course.

Initial power at 580 cv.

First level at 500 km. Only -4 cv. Impact on performance is slightly noticeable
yGW5XsP.png

2nd level at 700 km. I noticed some minor issues with acceleration. Nothing major, but I could see that my car on exits was slower than the rest of the players/AI
F3S1uBb.png

also, it's possible to stay on the same level and still get your power lower. Above is 573 cv, below is 570 cv
R84JHMK.png

The last level at 1.500 km. You still can get top speed but it will take a while. About 2 seconds to get there, I'd say. Even the AI had a slight advantage on slow turns exits.
E593MHZ.png

I say this is the last level because I hit 2.650 km and nothing changed. Now don't quote me on this, but I have a feeling that with new oil the car sounds better!

You guys have no idea how happy I am to change the oil again in a GT game. It feels good, like the good ol' days. :D
From this state, does the car return to full power after an oil change?

I am starting to soon go against the stream and bomb metacritic with 10 point reviews. 😁 *Laughs in multiple email accounts.

I hope this makes you negative people incredibly mad, just "let the hate flow through you" - Darth Sidious 😈😈

Get over the issues, just a game. I am sure many of you review bombers will not change to a better vote, once fixes the issues or at least some of them. Yes, I think GT7 needs to improve, but 1.8 is not correct at all or whatever it is now.

Edit: Changed my mind. Review bombing another company I have had personal issues with in the past and they don't have many reviews 😈 Maybe GT7 now has more pressure to improve, due to metacritic 🤔 Or maybe they don't care.

Last edited:
How on Earth could they think we prefer these stupid "start 30+ seconds behind the leader" races over the grid start and close rolling start ones in career mode? The 2 chili pepper Gr.3 race at Suzuka was legit pretty fun because I was actually racing the A.I. and they weren't afraid of side by side battles. Same goes for the 4 pepper Clubman race at Tsukuba. The A.I. probably have some kind of boost or assists to make them faster than they really were but I still much prefer this over what 95% of these races are.

How on Earth could they think we prefer these stupid "start 30+ seconds behind the leader" races over the grid start and close rolling start ones in career mode? The 2 chili pepper Gr.3 race at Suzuka was legit pretty fun because I was actually racing the A.I. and they weren't afraid of side by side battles. Same goes for the 4 pepper Clubman race at Tsukuba. The A.I. probably have some kind of boost or assists to make them faster than they really were but I still much prefer this over what 95% of these races are.
I don't think they have boosts. They use the track limits aggressively and are probably the same "PP" as they limit players to. The AI is also very good at maintaining their tires by not oversteering and good with fuel by not always going full throttle. The chase the rabbit races are meant for new and average skill players. I agree that the two race series you mentioned along with other high chili races are more enjoyable but the game isn't only meant for high skill players. They want average skill players to be able to beat the main campaign. Could also be why they cut the final menu races so that the harder series aren't required to "beat" the game. Custom races can also be very challenging if you set the AI to professional.

Last edited:
It's amazing how so many of the supposed bad things in other racing games come up smelling like roses compared to GT7 in any aspect.
When you think things can’t be more ridiculous.

So let me get this right. People complain about not having access to all cars but then are ok with having to buy cars and tracks separately with real money only?

It actually is, I believe it’s a little over $1500 to own all content.

I appreciate the sentiment, and love me some iRacing, but it’s of course a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. :D
You’re wrong. As of right now you can have all the content in gt7 just by buying the game.

Everybody hatin, instead of answering my question!? ;-)
As of right now, no. I read somewhere kudos is looking into it.

Last edited:
Here are my few cents on GT7.

For context, I've had it since launch, I've invested a lot of money in buying a Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro and a seat.

I haven't finished the menu's quite yet, I've nearly done all the licences, I still have quite a few missions to do. I have played every day but I have not 'gobbled up' the single player content as others have. So I can't comment on the lack of 'end game' content but I completely get that if the game is about collecting cars and the events/roulette tickets don't pay out, people will rightly be unhappy. Meanwhile we are offered the chance to buy credit on a regular basis, people are right to be suspicious of this.

I honestly believe that PD/Sony will hear the complaints loud and clear and these issues will be fixed. I think the issues exist because the game was not finished upon release and is therefore unbalanced upon delivery.
There are plenty of bugs and issues (I won't list them all) which supports this. Also somethings are a step backwards from GT Sport, such as chat in lobbies, which can only be understood as a result of it being unfinished.

I am enjoying the game massively, it's the best driving experience I've had from my front room. I understand Kaz's point about the long-term view of the game, although I appreciate consumers should not have to be so patient. I refuse to burn him for this, you can be sure the Sony machine had a lot of say in regards to delivery and including transactions.

Things will improve as they roll-out some of the things which should have been in the game at point of release.

While I appreciate videos like this that highlight the issues, I am now completely numb to them and just want a damn solution.

A tweet from PD, something...
Bad news for you there... PD have yearlong (i think?) records for radio silence, that's how they operate (though however dysfunctional it seems).

Last edited:
Then don't buy every car in the game? The vast, vast majority of them are cheap enough to buy with a little driving each day.
Ignore him. Some people just want to feel bad about the game and nothing we’ll say is going to change their mind. I just responded because what was said was completely false.

The whole game at its core is about car collection how can you tell someone to not collect cars with a straight face
Acknowledging the fact that this is essentially Car Pokemon goes against the idea that this game cannot be flawed. There is no way to ignore the bad economy, so instead push the blame on the player for wanting to complete game's stated goal of car collecting.

The whole game at its core is about car collection how can you tell someone to not collect cars with a straight face
It is and I get that the rewards/cars cost is quite unbalanced right now but would you say having all cars from the get go or obtainable in 2 weeks is to be considered collecting?

Collecting is not going into a store and buy all the items at the same time. Collecting is a long time hobby and when rushed it removes the most important part of the experience.

I understand some people just want to try all the cars or maybe they just want to buy that one car and are being priced out of it. I get the frustration. But don’t call it collecting. A collector wouldn’t buy all the cars on the first day if they costed 1 usd in real money. They would want to earn them (again in a more fairer game economy).

It is and I get that the rewards/cars cost is quite unbalanced right now but would you say having all cars from the get go or obtainable in 2 weeks is to be considered collecting?
There's a huge gap between the actual expected play time of GT7 right now and 2 weeks. Nobody really wants to turn this game into a long term commitment of 5-10 years (depending on the content you play).

to be honest I prefer, dont know why but in games where ai is quite good and grid start like acc, pc2 or even f1 singleplayer bore me as hell (tough not saying gt7 shouldnt have stronger ai available)

Last edited:
Back