Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,373 comments
Let me ask you, do you need to buy the Porsche 917 to complete the game as it stands right now?
Who said the reason to buy it is to complete the game? Maybe, folks want to just buy it so they can enjoy it.

After all, that's been half the arguments made defending the unbalanced in-game economy. "I'm not worried about money, I just enjoy driving the cars".
No you don't need it to complete the game as it stands. The purchase is purely optional because there's no use for the car.
If there's no use for the car, or as others argue, "intended to be purchased later on", why is it showing up at this point in rotation? If it has no use, why even show up at all?
Why buy it if it's just going to be taken out for 10 minutes and then stuffed into the back of the garage?
Why bother buying any car in this game, then.

Let me ask you, do you need to buy the Porsche 917 to complete the game as it stands right now?
"You don't have to buy it" is such a weak argument.

People WANT to buy it. They WANT to have fun with it. That's the name of the game, have fun.

You don't have to buy anything. You don't have to buy a PS4/5, you don't have to buy Gran Turismo, that isn't an argument in support of it.

If a store offered bags of human vomit and dog turds for sale, would you defend their right to sell them because you don't have to buy them? What about Swastika flags?

Hyperbole with extreme examples? Yes, but the principle is the same. "You don't have to buy it" is not a solid argument. It's just a poor attempt at dismissal of the issue.

Last edited:
Why does PD even create the Multi Million dollar cars and introduce Mtx if they don`t want you to buy them!
They had multimillion dollar cars in Sport and didn't let you buy them via MTX. Kaz just thinks grinding for a month to buy one car will bring a sense of accomplishment. 😅

They had multimillion dollar cars in Sport and didn't let you buy them via MTX. Kaz just thinks grinding for a month to buy one car will bring a sense of accomplishment. 😅
Actually, they did let you buy them through MTX, and for a price that had me think ‘oh heck, I’ll throw 3 bucks their way for a car’.

GT Sport has microtransactions
GT 7 has nothing remotely micro about their transactions

Above all, I own the right to keep playing with the car I bought in Sport, even if the servers get shutdown. In GT7, you are literally renting them - when its servers gets shut off, you are ****ed.

I can actually rent a car for a full day for less money, in real life.

Last edited:
First Online races yesterday. I always looked at kudosprime in GTS. Is there such a compagnion in GT7?

Installing GT7 i saw my rating from GTS: DR: C/SR: A. After the first race it switched to E/C. Is this normal?

No. But when disappointing things like this happen, a feeling of community solidarity is nice.

And there's always hope that Polyphony aren't as dismissive of their players as it seems they've become. Small hope, but maybe.
Yep. No one expects Sony/PD to take the score or reviews directly to heart; everyone knows the game isn't a 1.8 or whatever it is now.

But, the fact the community is currently unhappy enough to even carry out a review bomb highlights that there is absolutely an issue at hand. And it would be most likely wise to acknowledge it in some fashion soon.

Actually, they did let you buy them through MTX, and for a price that had me think ‘oh heck, I’ll throw 3 bucks their way for a car’.

GT Sport has microtransactions
GT 7 has nothing remotely micro about their transactions

Above all, I own the right to keep playing with the car I bought in Sport, even if the servers get shutdown. In GT7, you are literally renting them - when its servers gets shut off, you are ****ed.

I can actually rent a car for a full day for less money, in real life.

No. You couldn't but the most expensive cars in Sport with real money. It was limited to cars under 2 million credits.

Last edited:
No. You couldn't but the most expensive cars in Sport with real money. It was limited to cars under 2 million credits.
You’re wrong my friend. You couldn’t buy cars over 10m, iirc. Your memory might be from an earlier stage of Sports lifecycle, they changed the limit.

Last edited:
You’re wrong my friend. You couldn’t buy cars over 10m, iirc. Your memory might be from an earlier stage of Sports lifecycle, they changed the limit.
Just checked, as of now we can buy cars up to 10M Cr. meaning there's only 8 cars that can't be bought with real money.

Also a 10M Cr. car in Sport costs 10€, a similar priced car in GT7 costs 100€.

Last edited:
No you don't need it to complete the game as it stands. The purchase is purely optional because there's no use for the car. Why buy it if it's just going to be taken out for 10 minutes and then stuffed into the back of the garage?
But what if someone wants to buy and drive the car but doesn't want to spend hundreds of hours grinding, or hundreds of dollars of their hard-earned cash to do so?

Found this gem on Reddit:

RDT_20220323_0416542867212546990184302.png

You're right about that PD, I sure as hell can't afford it.

I'm finding the review bombing absolutely fascinating. For some reason, according to the community, the PS4 version of the game is much better than the PS5 (glad I had to settle for the superior product). It's also fun to see the people who've mistakenly left their reviews of GT7 on the GTS page.

This game has some issues. Last night my car got stuck in the pits during qualifying for the Manufacturers cup and I was left wondering for a while if I would get to race (I got to start from the back after a long wait). That was annoying, but the racing that followed was awesome.

I'd like better payouts for racing, and I'd like some of the cars to be cheaper, but neither of those things ruin my enjoyment of the game.

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble with there being more races in better tiers that pay way better - but the Fallon Events (TM) don't exactly have great pay-outs either. Hypercar seems about in line with the best paying events we had pre nerf (which is good, we need that level back) but the Gr.1 seems to also be at 70,000 credits, and it's probably a safe bet its 10 laps instead of 5.

View attachment 1127640

Of course, these are subject to change, but just figured I would mention it to stop some maybe unreasonable expectations, lol.
Gr.1 could also be 700k instead of 70k, in which case.. also lol, but for a different reason.
Hypercar and no limits events 😳 How do you unlock those? Completed the menu books and all pre menu book completion races yesterday (gr3 and gr4 cups, dirt champions etc.). Only saw new World touring 600-800pp races out there 🤔

Last edited:
1DB90F05-D65B-4782-9E73-D62A447E531A.jpeg

So it’s evident that when custom wheels are equipped, you can properly see the differences between the widebody kit and stock. :drool:

The 71’CSL AND the Mangusta, both which also dropped today also have widebody options. 👍

Back