Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,373 comments
I feel you're exactly right, we only have the first 3 of an expexted 6+ tiers of payments.
  • There's Pre-B events, where you make peanuts but it's enough to get sports computers for your hatchbacks.
  • B License events in the 15,000 Cr range, where you can quickly buy an Evo
  • A License events, 30,000 short, up to 75,000 long (including Gr.3 racing maybe a bit early)
[GT7 ends here so far for some reason]
  • IB events I'd expect to be 40-75km with payouts over 125,000 (where I thought WTC800 would be and would pay), also road car endurances, Trial Mountain 2 hours?
  • IA events in the 200,000+ Cr range, Gr.2, Gr.1 championships, a place where one can make 2 million per hour. Race car endurance races.
  • S events, Formula racing, Dream Car Championship, one-make events for the VGTs for goodness sake, 2.4 Hours of Le Mans, 4 hours of Nurburgring (if we get Type-V) McLaren F1 as a prize car or something :D
  • Hypothetical seventh tier, spicy seasonals with payouts like the GT5 Ferrari F1 events so we can afford to shop at Hagerty. Or, since every part of this game is online and somewhat seasonal, just make IA and S events pay that well.
The amount of credits per mile is quite off between the two events

5 lap Daytona Oval Pickup truck race (easy) 30,000cr, track length 2.5mi x 3 laps = 7.5mi / 30,000 divided by 7.5mi = 4,000 credits per mile

10 lap at Daytona GT Cup GR.3 (hard) nets 75,000cr, track length 3.56mi x 10 laps = 35.6mi / 75,000 divided by 35.6mi = 2106.7 credits per mile

Your making less credits per mile doing the more demanding race

If the GR.3 event was getting paid the same amount as the truck race per mile the payout would be 142,400cr

Anyone seen this yet?

"Meanwhile, Jaguar was further looking into the all-electric future with a 1,005-horsepower Roadster concept designed and developed for the pleasure of Sony’s Gran Turismo 7 aficionados."

Maybe this is a sign of an upcoming car to be added to the game?

Anyone seen this yet?

"Meanwhile, Jaguar was further looking into the all-electric future with a 1,005-horsepower Roadster concept designed and developed for the pleasure of Sony’s Gran Turismo 7 aficionados."

Maybe this is a sign of an upcoming car to be added to the game?
That's just someone's personal project, I think they're referring to the Jaguar VGT when they mention GT7.

Interesting method, but I don't like the idea of using that much electricity for farming.
Lol. This is what happens when they make a game with content that people want to use but playing the game to get it isn't actually fun. Humans are ingenious little critters.

1648000796825.png

Just a little update on that score.

Imagine review-bombing a game because you can't obtain an unnecessary car easily...
Please read this.

Please read this.
I did read it. A few days ago actually.

You do not need to buy them to ‘complete’ the game, but this game was very much meant and marketed as a car collecting game.

PD nerfed our payouts (trust me, dev teams operating at much smaller scale than PD do an insane amount of playtesting). The ONLY reason they nerfed those payouts is because the mtx were not selling as they’d hoped.

And then, to add a cherry on top, two days in a row PD dangles shiny 18m cars right in front of your nose, which not a single player is meant to be able to afford at this stage.

Why is it then, that the Hagerty offerings, which has very been carefully curated beforehand, offer TWO of these extremely pricey. What kind of masochism is that?

We know full well the car list and which are implemented into the game. If there was any good intention, at all, they’d ease up and start us off with cheaper, more obtainable Hagerty cars.

If this is something you cannot grasp, I’m afraid nobody can save your soul.

Last edited:
To complete the collection, in a game that absolutely pushes the idea of car collecting being a major goal, yes.
No you don't need it to complete the game as it stands. The purchase is purely optional because there's no use for the car. Why buy it if it's just going to be taken out for 10 minutes and then stuffed into the back of the garage?

Perhaps I have this ability to block out all the negativity and look at the positives. I won't let these issues ruin my fun.
And I’ll very much applaud you for that, if you can see past these issues and you are having fun - by all means do so!

But, do not belittle players who are leaving genuine, constructive complaints just because you can’t personally sympathise with them. It’s kind of a bad look.

And I’ll very much applaud you for that, if you can see past these issues and you are having fun - by all means do so!

But, do not belittle players who are leaving genuine, constructive complaints just because you can’t personally sympathise with them. It’s kind of a bad look.
It's OK to make genuine complaints, I understand how frustrated people are but some of the claims are just ridiculous. That's what annoys me and I want to try and reverse that by getting people to look at the positives. I agree that the economy is stingy and you need to be a hell of a lot more frugal than in the past. You know my way of dealing with it? I drive, modify and race the cars that the game has given me for free, and buy more "budget friendly" vehicles.
......yes, as of right now, you don't need it. What are you going to do when Gr1 races get added? Or historical races?
Crack the s***s

Last edited:
It's OK to make genuine complaints, I understand how frustrated people are but some of the claims are just ridiculous. That's what annoys me and I want to try and reverse that by getting people to look at the positives. I agree that the economy is stingy and you need to be a hell of a lot more frugal than in the past. You know my way of dealing with it? I drive, modify and race the cars that the game has given me for free, and buy more "budget friendly" vehicles.

Crack the s***s
Exactly, everything has its good side. Naysayers and whiners everywhere. Imagine GT7 at 1.7 - pathetic the game is amazing

You do not need to buy them to ‘complete’ the game, but this game was very much meant and marketed as a car collecting game.

PD nerfed our payouts (trust me, dev teams operating at much smaller scale than PD do an insane amount of playtesting). The ONLY reason they nerfed those payouts is because the mtx were not selling as they’d hoped.

And then, to add a cherry on top, two days in a row PD dangles shiny 18m cars right in front of your nose, which not a single player is meant to be able to afford at this stage.

Why is it then, that the Hagerty offerings, which has very been carefully curated beforehand, offer TWO of these extremely pricey. What kind of masochism is that?

We know full well the car list and which are implemented into the game. If there was any good intention, at all, they’d ease up and start us off with cheaper, more obtainable Hagerty cars.

If this is something you cannot grasp, I’m afraid nobody can save your soul.
Or they know the game is incomplete and they thought "well, no one is going to buy them anyway so let's push out those 18m car already and get over with it".

I don't know what are their intentions, but I do think we gonna see only expensive cars rotating until the next update, with 3-5 million cars here and there.

With that being said, I'm still worried about the cap for credit/hour. Let's just imagine that in a couple updates there's 20 events for every class, every PP and every circuit. Good! But also, now every payout is reduced and the best event gives you 300k/h. Now that... that could be something!

I'm really curious about what could be the rewards for Gr.2 and Gr.1 events.

Back