Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,402 comments
How do you save a ticket until the next update?
You can redeem a ticket to find out what it contains but the game won't register that you've used it until you leave the garage. So, if you just close the game without leaving the garage the tickets will be back in your inventory once you've booted up the game again.

Last edited:
You can redeem a ticket to find out what it contains but the game won't register that you've used it until you leave the garage. So, if you just close the game without leaving the garage the tickets will be back in your inventory once you've booted up the game again.
I didn’t know that, thanks!

Last edited:
Actually, he also did compose a few pre-race songs for GT7. American-style rock. Just go to any event in the Americas and you'll hear them.

They're called "Out West" and... I forgot the name of the others. lol

So yeah, it's both car audio and the soundtrack.
Oh, my bad, I had no idea. But you mentioning that does ring a bell.

I just realized that this isn't entirely accurate. I just got a 370Z through a 4 star ticket. After receiving the car I left the ticket selection screen and selected "Change Car" to view the car in my garage (though I did not actually switch to another car). Then I closed the game without leaving the garage but the ticket did not return when I rebooted the game and the 370Z was still there as well. So it seems like you can't leave the ticket selection screen at all.

Last edited:
Do i get the thing about the tickets right?:
If you open a ticket and close the game immediately it is unopened the next time i start the game. But whats in the ticket does not change as long as there is no game update so it only makes sense if you hold the ticket until the next Update?

If you open a ticket and close the game immediately it is unopened the next time i start the game. But whats in the ticket does not change as long as there is no game update so it only makes sense if you hold the ticket until the next Update?
Yes. Be aware though that tickets have a 30-day expiry date on them, so be sure to redeem them if the next update definitely won't come before that. Also note that about 80% of the tickets won't change at all.

You don't have to close the game immediately. You can confirm receiving your reward with X and navigate around, redeeming all the other tickets as well. You're safe as long as you don't back out of the ticket selection screen with O.

People said the same thing about Pikes Peak...in 2017....we are still waiting. Nothing is ever certain.
I am not convinced the current game engine is able to handle point-to-point races at all.
(correct me if I'm wrong, but afaIk, there were no ptp events in GTS either, and it's apparently the same code base, just stretched to/over its inherit capabilities with 4k/60fps and the new features like dynamic weather).

Let alone Pikes Peak, with the vast difference in altitude/ambient air pressure between start and finish and the effects this has on driving physics (combustion engine power output, downforce).

Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong, but until then I wouldn't hold my breath for Pikes Peak.

Anybody know if the website,gran turismo.com,is down in the uk? Cant access it for the last few hours.
Works fine here. Also:

Downdetector is showing issues in the UK for BT right now, and lots of BT customers reporting PSN issues, so if you're a BT customer that might cover it.

Last edited:
I am not convinced the current game engine is able to handle point-to-point races at all.
(correct me if I'm wrong, but afaIk, there were no ptp events in GTS either, and it's apparently the same code base, just stretched to/over its inherit capabilities with 4k/60fps and the new features like dynamic weather).

Let alone Pikes Peak, with the vast difference in altitude/ambient air pressure between start and finish and the effects this has on driving physics (combustion engine power output, downforce).

Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong, but until then I wouldn't hold my breath for Pikes Peak.
I'm fairly certain GT6 to GTS was the same code base but GT7 is a rewrite. I don't see what would cause a problem though, they could surely manage it if they desired.

Works fine here. Also:

Downdetector is showing issues in the UK for BT right now, and lots of BT customers reporting PSN issues, so if you're a BT customer that might cover it.
Im with BT so that figures,cant login on any device even my mobile,thats on EE but is part of BT.Strangley psn is fine,ive not tried the game yet though.......................

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. With a game series like GT, the codebase will have never been 100% re-written from scratch. There will be elements of GT7 that were in GT1, code wise, I'm sure. As such, GTS/7 will share much of the codebase of GT5 & 6, where it was possible.

Besides, even if it wasn't, they've had the exclusive license for FIVE years now. They certainly could/should have added that functionality by now, and would have known that when they signed the deal.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. With a game series like GT, the codebase will have never been 100% re-written from scratch. There will be elements of GT7 that were in GT1, code wise, I'm sure. As such, GTS/7 will share much of the codebase of GT5 & 6, where it was possible.

Besides, even if it wasn't, they've had the exclusive license for FIVE years now. They certainly could/should have added that functionality by now, and would have known that when they signed the deal.
Surely a P2P race is just treated as a single lap event, the AI path not looping back to the start shouldn't be an issue aside from some horrendous coding and deliberately going out of your way to make that an issue. So I have no idea why the game wouldn't be able to handle it from a logic perspective, they just haven't included any P2P stages.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Pikes Peak because I'd be long dead by now if I did. I'm sure it's possible, they just are choosing not to model/include it at this time.

Last edited:
Controversial idea: Could GT7 not move to a Spotify-type model whereby you could download events to your device and play them offline and then re-coup the credit for those events when you're back online? It seems ludicrous to me that this is beyond the wit of PD/Sony, and yet it's common practice with online service providers such as Apple TV, Spotify and many others.

Also, this concept could (and arguably should) be extended to DLC and microtransactions - buy a car online? If PD were really serious about 'realism', then that car should be yours forever - just like a real car or, more accurately, a real model car. I've still got my model cars from when I was an 8 year old kid, and yet cars I spent hours grinding for in GT (6, Sport etc) may as well never have happened.

How about a lifelong 'wallet' of GT content that you can build on/be proud of rather than this frustrating mess?

Controversial idea: Could GT7 not move to a Spotify-type model whereby you could download events to your device and play them offline and then re-coup the credit for those events when you're back online? It seems ludicrous to me that this is beyond the wit of PD/Sony, and yet it's common practice with online service providers such as Apple TV, Spotify and many others.

Also, this concept could (and arguably should) be extended to DLC and microtransactions - buy a car online? If PD were really serious about 'realism', then that car should be yours forever - just like a real car or, more accurately, a real model car. I've still got my model cars from when I was an 8 year old kid, and yet cars I spent hours grinding for in GT (6, Sport etc) may as well never have happened.

How about a lifelong 'wallet' of GT content that you can build on/be proud of rather than this frustrating mess?
A curated "events store" would actually be really interesting. It'd mesh well with the Cafe system, if it let you download curated user menu books that come with their own user-created events.

It's obviously not representative of the progression system that people wanted from the game before launch, but if we're too late to go in that direction now then letting users create and download events and championships from other players at least washes PD's hands of that responsibility and bolsters the replayability by a hell of a lot.

Of course, they would have to give us a lot more freedom in event creation to do that, and I don't think it would ever happen overall, but it's an interesting concept and I think it would mesh well with the game.

Screenshot_20221101-120238.jpg

No 2010 Veyron Super Sport yet, no. Plenty of livery replicas and probably a tune for it, though. Perhaps this Novembaru we can see the return of one of these Premium WRXs, 5 years absence has been tough.

The sector trials in the Nurburgring circuit experience are functionally point to point time trials. Even if there's something weird with the engine that prevents them from doing a true point to point, presumably whatever they're doing with those challenges they could adapt to at least get a point to point track functioning.

They don't have point to point races because they don't want them, not because they can't. They're professional developers working on a game franchise that's 25 years old and has had procedurally generated point to point tracks in the past.

With GTS a point to point track didn't really fit the game style they were going for - they're not great for online competition. With GT7 they chose not to because... we don't know, but it almost certainly wasn't because they couldn't or that it was too hard. If that was the case they wouldn't be competent to make the game at all.
Having Gran Turismo be an ongoing service and your garage be a bunch of cars that you've been building up for years or decades has some merits. It's possible for something like that to be done in a way that is friendly to the player and rewards ownership and attachment without locking people out of experiencing great cars.

But at this point I'd be pretty worried about Polyphony going in that direction, because based on how GT7 turned out I imagine the temptation to go full gacha would be high.

View attachment 1204900
No 2010 Veyron Super Sport yet, no. Plenty of livery replicas and probably a tune for it, though. Perhaps this Novembaru we can see the return of one of these Premium WRXs, 5 years absence has been tough.
The '04 and '10 Imprezas were in the datamines, so here's hoping. Though that could mean they're coming any time from now to GT8's launch.

Does PD not believe in Halloween? Would have loved to get some kind of holiday thing when playing on this day. They do festive music for Christmas, why nothing for Spooky day? 🎃
Imagine opening a roulette ticket on the 31st and getting a Fit RS jumpscare.

Back