Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,402 comments
Imagine opening a roulette ticket on the 31st and getting a Fit RS jumpscare.
1667303941461.png

View attachment 1204900
No 2010 Veyron Super Sport yet, no. Plenty of livery replicas and probably a tune for it, though. Perhaps this Novembaru we can see the return of one of these Premium WRXs, 5 years absence has been tough.
The gap with nothing in between the ‘99 WRX and the ‘14 WRX is one of the weirdest things about the GT7 car list. These cars are JDM icons and there are none from the decade in which they started to gain a lot of international recognition.

The gap with nothing in between the ‘99 WRX and the ‘14 WRX is one of the weirdest things about the GT7 car list. These cars are JDM icons and there are none from the decade in which they started to gain a lot of international recognition.
Yeah, I think it’s similar with the Lancer Evolution, and I’d argue the Honda Civic Type R, too. But at least I think the datamined car list had some WRX STI and Lancer Evolution models that’d bridge the gaps.

Honestly, I’d also love to see - and either in GT7 or GT8 - the various tuned WRX STI models that start with an S and then three digits. I think one of them was in GT6. I also really want the Legacy B4 Blitzen that was designed by Porsche, but then again, this isn’t a wishlist thread…

Last edited:
Yeah, I think it’s similar with the Lancer Evolution, and I’d argue the Honda Civic Type R, too. But at least I think the datamined car list had some WRX STI and Lancer Evolution models that’d bridge the gaps.
I find it easier to excuse the Lancer Evolution lineup though, as we have the IV, V, VI and X.

Last edited:
Hey, there's never enough Evos, alright? We still in dire need of CT9A body, and VIII/IX are indeed in datamine. However, the third one was only a leftover and not actually being worked on (from my understanding), which is a shame.

Hey, there's never enough Evos, alright? We still in dire need of CT9A body, and VIII/IX are indeed in datamine. However, the third one was only a leftover and not actually being worked on (from my understanding), which is a shame.
I wouldn't assume it's not getting worked on. You just never know with this stuff.

The incomplete Subaru lineup is especially weird considering that one of the key cars we're missing is flaunted in front of us as the weight reduction/widebody (and more) car. Really weird.

Also, I wouldn't take the datamine as hints for anything they aren't working on. We're many months down the line from that and that's many months of cars being developed and released (as we have seen with some recent cars released that hadn't appeared in it), and also many months for cars in development to be scrapped.

As time goes on, its reliability will falter.

Also, I wouldn't take the datamine as hints for anything they aren't working on. We're many months down the line from that and that's many months of cars being developed and released (as we have seen with some recent cars released that hadn't appeared in it), and also many months for cars in development to be scrapped.

As time goes on, its reliability will falter.
Fully agreed. There very well may be other cars that are coming that were absent from the datamined list.

Last edited:
The incomplete Subaru lineup is especially weird considering that one of the key cars we're missing is flaunted in front of us as the weight reduction/widebody (and more) car.
Aren't those just reused from GT5/6 (don't remember which one it was)? One of those had that Subaru as a "base car" for those icons and animations as well.

Aren't those just reused from GT5/6 (don't remember which one it was)? One of those had that Subaru as a "base car" for those icons and animations as well.
Yeah, I think I remember that, too.

EDIT: I also don't understand the reasoning behind the world map changing the time of day. It doesn't feel like it does anything for me, especially since it feels random. But you know what would be neat? If they simply made the time of day in the world map correlate to what time it is on your console. It'd add a bit more immersion, for sure, even if you ultimately go racing and the venue is at a different time of the day.

EDIT2: Another thing is that I think I know why Emily Jones isn't among the AI drivers. Simply put, there's no female model. But I think there really ought to be, especially since Burnout Paradise was able to include female riders for its motorcycle expansion - and that was over a decade ago!

Last edited:
This is actually one of the weakest points in GT7's car list now. An entire gap of important generations missing in the case of some cars, like the Impreza and the Evo. Another good example is the Mazda Roadster, we have the NA, then straight to the ND... and guess what? They've added another ND last month and infuriated everyone. Sure this is because it's easier to add, but with the car list in its current state, this preference shouldn't happen. We're not at 1200+ cars anymore.

This is actually one of the weakest points in GT7's car list now. An entire gap of important generations missing in the case of some cars, like the Impreza and the Evo. Another good example is the Mazda Roadster, we have the NA, then straight to the ND... and guess what? They've added another ND last month and infuriated everyone. Sure this is because it's easier to add, but with the car list in its current state, this preference shouldn't happen. We're not at 1200+ cars anymore.
I think the NB is on the data mined car list.

I think the NB is on the data mined car list.
The NC, too.

Yes, they are. So is the Evo VIII, the Evo IX, the '04 Impreza and the '10 Impreza as well, I know that. My point is that they're giving preference to alternative versions of existing cars. Just watch PD add a 2018 WRX STi Type RA before adding a Blobeye '04 for example.

Last edited:
Yes, they are. So it's the Evo VIII, the Evo IX, the '04 Impreza and the '10 Impreza as well, I know that. My point is that they're giving preference to alternative versions of existing cars. Just watch PD add a 2018 WRX STi Type RA before adding a Blobeye '04 for example.
I actually think the Type RA is pretty neat, so I wouldn't mind it.

Why's no one talking about the generations of mustangs and camaros missing? And also missing gens of DB Astons... Truth be told this game seems selective with its list tending to favor 2010s cars while forgetting newer cars and forgetting staple classics. I'm surprised we even got a GTO to be honest seeing as a PD tends to overlook American classics. Same story for the DB5 too.

Last edited:
Why's no one talking about the generations of mustangs and camaros missing? And also missing gens of DB Astons... Truth be told this game seems selective with it's list tending to favor 2010s cars while forgetting newer cars and forgetting staple classics. I'm surprised we even got a GTO to be honest seeing as a PD tends to overlook American classics. Same story for the DB5 too.
I’m surprised we didn’t get the Judge in the past. We had the Chevelle(yes, it’s seen in the datamine). All the GM G-body cars should have been present. I mean, we got the Cuda, Challenger, Charger brigade.
I mentioned the fox-body GT in the new cars thread. Those SN95s would be sweet to include for sure. Imagine a fully rendered Cobra R.

Gran Turismo 7 Cycle
Days of month : Notes
1-5 : These added cars are pretty cool!
6-10 : I wonder what's next
10-15: It's not next month yet, pondering...
16-20: Hey, it's nearly next month!
21-25: Update announcement soon!!
26-31: Update announced and released, fairly satisfied but there's still no Daihatsu Midget II D-type / Honda City Turbo II / Mercury Cougar XR-7, and there still isn't Pikes Peak / El Capitan / Rome

Repeat
All this car update pondering and it's only the 2nd! I'm sorry for my role in that, the early update in October really threw the cycle out of whack.
That said, I'm guessing October won't be an outlier and they've shifted the next few updates forward a week, so they can release the December one before the holidays.

It's one of many weird things about the car list. Here are some more confounding omissions:
-No BMW M5's
-No 2016 Audi R8
-No Audi RS3
-No 1973, 1986 or 2000 Toyota Celica
-No Dodge Challenger Hellcat
-No Aston Martin DB7 or DB9 (I'm not counting the DBR9)
-No 1985 or 2002 Toyota MR2
-No MKII, MKIII, MKIV, MKV or MKVI Golf GTi
-No 2nd generation Dodge Charger
-No Audi RS4's or RS6's
-No Ferrari 488

PD should get round to adding all these cars now.

Last edited:
It's one of many weird things about the car list. Here are some more confounding omissions:
-No BMW M5's
-No 2016 Audi R8
-No Audi RS3
-No Toyota Celicas
-No Dodge Challenger Hellcat
-No Aston Martin DB7 or DB9 (I'm not counting the DBR9)
-No Toyota MR2's
-No MKII, MKIII, MKIV, MKV or MKVI Golf GTi
-No 2nd generation Dodge Charger
-No Audi RS4's or RS6's
-No Ferrari 488

PD should get round to adding all these cars now.
There is a '94 Celica and a '97 MR2.

I’m surprised we didn’t get the Judge in the past. We had the Chevelle(yes, it’s seen in the datamine). All the GM G-body cars should have been present. I mean, we got the Cuda, Challenger, Charger brigade.
I mentioned the fox-body GT in the new cars thread. Those SN95s would be sweet to include for sure. Imagine a fully rendered Cobra R.
As much as I want a Foxbody, I have zero faith they're gonna put it in the game.

EDIT2: Another thing is that I think I know why Emily Jones isn't among the AI drivers. Simply put, there's no female model. But I think there really ought to be, especially since Burnout Paradise was able to include female riders for its motorcycle expansion - and that was over a decade ago!
Polyphony channelling mid-00s there are no girls on the internets energy.

Up next - Gran Turismo 8: Chesticles or GTFO Edition.

As much as I want a Foxbody, I have zero faith they're gonna put it in the game.
For sure. 25 years and we’re just now getting the ‘69 Mustang. Yet, it’s the same team that gave us the Shelby KR. I will never get what PD are doing. It’s not about doing surprises well either. They’re so unorthodox in debuting models.

Last edited:
I'd much rather see PD fill up the holes in the BMW 3 series lineage before adding a bunch of Imprezas that aren't all that much different from the ones we already have.

Last edited:
For sure. 25 years and we’re just now getting the ‘69 Mustang. Yet, it’s the same team that gave us the Shelby KR. I will never get what PD are doing. It not about doing surprises well either. They’re so unorthodox is debuting models.
I feel like maybe Foxbodies aren't popular to Japanese people so they might not be bothered to put one in.

I was thinking of buying gt7 since i think gran turismo has the best representation of the p1 gtr and i want the best version of this car.

But i have a question looking at the ps5 store it says 188GB is that right?

Latest Posts

Back