Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,116 comments
As to why it's not been seen since GT6, Panoz reportedly requires a licensing fee of $1m for the car.
It's figures like a 1m price tag for licensing that make me wonder how those licensing negotiations actually pan out. :lol:

And why we'll probably never see anything from Panoz in the future.

Honestly i don't have any big problems with the new versions of the original tracks , Trial Mountain looks great , High Speed Ring too even the Deep Forrest but i do agree that the last sharp turn does suck especially when you miss the apex :P

also from what i remember Grand Valley Speedway already has sharp turns so i don't think they will change much

Last edited:
I didn't like the new Deep Forest layout at first, but It grew a bit on me.

If and when GVS comes to the game, I'm sure there's probably going to be a chicane added, or some part that's altered, but as long as it's got the essentials from the older games, it'll probably grow on me, too.

The challenge of the last turn was also erased at Deep Forest.

Do you mean that little kink left at the bottom of the hill? As in the very last turn? Personally always found the sweeping left after the tunnel the hardest to gauge!

Do you mean that little kink left at the bottom of the hill? As in the very last turn?
Yup, I can't be the only one that regularly ended up on the grass on the outside when I went in too hot/got buckets of understeer? Now, it's a nothing corner.

The previous corner was also a unique challenge though, indeed. Now it's just a dime-a-dozen hairpin.

I really don't see why they had to mess with the layout. It was perfect for slow to mid-range cars. Not every track needs to be a Grand Prix track, but PD seem to think so these days. Either that, or for them it made it enough to count as a new track since they didn't have any actual 100% new tracks for GT7.

I really don't see why they had to mess with the layout. It was perfect for slow to mid-range cars. Not every track needs to be a Grand Prix track, but PD seem to think so these days. Either that, or for them it made it enough to count as a new track since they didn't have any actual 100% new tracks for GT7.

Probably just more options for tracks to host FIA races on. But it's just a guess.

This is absurd hyperbole lol. They made Trial Mountain a bit longer and changed a chicane, and added a hairpin to Deep Forest.

You can dislike the changes but 90% of the track is literally identical, and the changes they did make may be less aesthetically pleasing but certainly are better for racing.
The changes were to create garages for the numbers of cars in races in my opinion.

There would be no need of change Grand Valley as the pit straight is long enough.

Why though? Everyone uses the same pit garage because it's just a cut scene, there is no real live pit lane that needs all the boxes.
This 100 percent. There isn't much reason to lengthen the straight on any of the classic tracks when the pit boxes aren't actually used in real time. It gives the illusion of realism, but from a logical perspective it isn't a needed change.

One could say that it makes passing easier but I'd counter that by saying it was already easy to pass on Grand Valley.

GT6 was kind of caught up in this, as it appears Nissan had licensed the DeltaWing to PD but Don Panoz was the licensee as the holder of the vehicle's image rights. It was briefly removed from the game before launch, and added later - as the "DeltaWing Sponsored by Nissan at Le Mans" (catchy) - alongside the chrome Petit Le Mans version without Nissan sponsorship, under the DeltaWing marque.
Something I also noticed with the DeltaWing situation is that the Start Your Engines trailer actually has the Nissan DeltaWing with DeltaWing branded driver suit (although it was branded as Nissan in the E3/Gamescom builds) instead of Nissan:
1667572811413.png

That video was dated November 4/5, 2013, and the removal spotting was a day later (accounting for time zones). So it seems that PD staffers already made the rebrand before its initial removal (from the blog post and the game, as it was absent in version 1.00 of GT6).

EDIT: For comparison, the (day one patched) intro version:
1667573150826.png

Last edited:
So the SRT Tomahawk GTS-R VGT. Any good? I've just won one from a four star ticket.
I'm not quite sure, but since some recent changes with PP system it seems that this car is quite weak compared to what it was for farming credits in infamous Tokyo 600 race

Question

Is gt7 a must buy or wait for sale?

Can you turn off the HUD?

How long will it take me to save enough credits to buy the p1 gtr? Hours, Days, Weeks

:)

Question

How long will it take me to save enough credits to buy the p1 gtr? Hours, Days, Weeks

For me I wish I'd have taken my own advice and waited, but I let early reviews influence me. There are a lot of good aspects to GT7 but it's so oddly put together and there are so many issues with the games economy, the time you have to wait for cars to become available and the single player career lacking in events to name a few. I would honeslty wait until it's on a good sale or updates have improved the situation (if they ever do).

Last edited:
Question

Cant answer the first one for you.

Second one yes. Third one hours, its easy to get money at the start, but you run out of quick easy ways and then it gets harder (well, longer)

For me I wish I'd have taken my own advice and waited, but I let early reviews influence me. There are a lot of good aspects to GT7 but it's so oddly put together and there are so many issues with the games economy, the time you have to wait for cars to become available and the single player career lacking in events to name a few. I would honeslty wait until it's on a good sale or updates have improved the situation (if they ever do).

Cant answer the first one for you.

Second one yes. Third one hours, its easy to get money at the start, but you run out of quick easy ways and then it gets harder (well, longer)
Thanks guys im on a really tight budget so i need to be careful what game i buy especially a 70$ game.

Last edited:
Back