Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,556 comments
I believe we have had essentially every Le Mans and Nurburgring 24 winner added to the franchise, going back quite a few years. At least a decade for sure.

I'd wager it's a safe assumption the 499p and 296 GT3 come to the game eventually because of that alone - it has always seemed they respected the prestige of winning these events and selected cars accordingly.

I really believe we will see most of the Hypercars sooner or later. Maybe not in GT7 but GT8 or something but those will be available. The top le mans classes are very well represented in GT7
Well represented for old cars but very out-of-date for new ones, like the rest of the game. Of the hyperclass from this year's race they'd need to add the Ferrari 499P, Porsche 963, Cadillac V-Series R, Lamborghini SC63, Peugeot 9X8, Isotta Fraschini Tipo6-C, Orica O7, BMW M Hybrid V8, Alpine A424. The only one is the game in the Toyoya GR010.

Chances of even a few of those coming to this game or GT8 are pretty remote. If you want to race them, you're better off with Le Mans Ultimate, Forza, iRacing, etc.

Last edited:
While I think some LMDh hypercars will eventually come, I'm not confident we'll get the 499P specifically, just because of how the licensing situation seems to be for the current crop of hypercars.

LMDhs seem fairly easy to get the licenses for, probably from IMSA partnerships - the Porsche, Cadillac, Acura and BMW seem pretty common across multiple sims. But for LMHs, I'm pretty sure the GR010 in GT is the only non-mobile, non-Le Mans Ultimate appearance of one so far. And PD don't have the relationship with Ferrari that they do with Toyota.

I believe we have had essentially every Le Mans and Nurburgring 24 winner added to the franchise, going back quite a few years. At least a decade for sure.
In terms of Le Mans, we've ended up with most of the winners from the last 10-15 years, but I can't help that's more of a reflection of their not being many different winners (with 5 years being Toyota, so .. y'know PD gon PD), rather than any intention or indication that they're any kind of priority.

I can see the 499 getting added in the medium term, as much because PD seem happy enough to license Ferraris as because it's a two time LM24 winner now - but I wouldn't hold out any expectation of any other LMH/LMDh cars.

I think the various LMDh/LMH racers are a shoe-in for either updating various Gr.1 entries, or providing new ones altogether, so I'd imagine that pretty much every car from these classes - perhaps aside from the entries from Glickhaus, Vanwall, and Isotta Fraschini - will come to the series, even if they didn't even win a single round of the WEC. Honestly, I'm at least as excited for more DTM cars to come join the Audi in Gr.2, namely those from Aston Martin, BMW, and Mercedes-AMG. I think the 2024 GT500 trio is highly likely, too.

However, what I'd like to see in addition to both of these potential expansions of Gr.2 and Gr.1 would be a way they could be featured in the Manufacturers Series, where the field is much likelier to be more diverse. After all, if people are always going to pick something like a Group C racer when the race is at Le Mans, I think the idea of expanding these groups suddenly loses a lot of appeal. Or, alternatively, this could be something tacked in the next installment, where a PS5-only title could allow for larger fields and thus multi-class racing, potentially leading to concurrent championships held at the same venues, just like what we see with the WEC/IMSA SSC.

Imagine a round at say, Fuji, where there's both a round for the Gr.3 and Gr.2 cars, or one at Le Mans/Spa-Francorchamps/Daytona Road Course where Gr.1 and Gr.3 cars race alongside each other. If it's necessary, there could even be ghosting between classes, not unlike when you're coming up on a car that's been blue-flagged.

Last edited:
No doubt. I have done it in PC2 and it's fun until the AI rams into your back and destroys your rear wing 🤣 .

The new Toyota livery is fine and i like use this car arround Le Mans 900pp event.

1000006225.jpg

But, what is missing?
Others Hypercars!

While everyone would like the latest race cars to arrive in GT7 sooner. I don’t understand why some don’t believe Le Mans Hypercars won’t feature in Gran Turismo.

For starters, the class debuted in 2021 and has been extended until (at least) 2029. I’d love to know how PD would continue the Gr.1 class without featuring a decades worth of models from what’s acknowledged as a golden era.

As ever with PD, the most likely explanation is they’re holding back content for the next title. GT7 isn’t a GAAS and doesn’t have paid DLC. Unless it’s a special update like Spec III I wouldn’t expect anything particularly exciting.

While I think some LMDh hypercars will eventually come, I'm not confident we'll get the 499P specifically, just because of how the licensing situation seems to be for the current crop of hypercars. LMDhs seem fairly easy to get the licenses for, probably from IMSA partnerships - the Porsche, Cadillac, Acura and BMW seem pretty common across multiple sims. But for LMHs, I'm pretty sure the GR010 in GT is the only non-mobile, non-Le Mans Ultimate appearance of one so far. And PD don't have the relationship with Ferrari that they do with Toyota.
Car licenses are not usually exclusive to the series license. That was also confirmed by the PR/Social Media manager for Le Mans Ultimate. A number of Hypercars that have launched in other titles have WEC/Le Mans branding.

What’s more LMH’s like the Ferrari can compete in IMSA, as the Aston Martin will do next season.

As for relationships with brands, I think anyone who’s produced a VGT is closer to PD than most. If anything PD are the ones with a history of exclusivity clauses which could apply to the GR010.

Last edited:
They need to ramp up the count of cars on track first before that
This is something I really can't understand, GT Sport had that endurance mission with 30 cars on track and it ran just fine. I'm sure GT7 on PS5 can pull that off too, but imagine the nightmare doing Catch the Rabbit races with 40 cars on track :lol:

This is something I really can't understand, GT Sport had that endurance mission with 30 cars on track and it ran just fine. I'm sure GT7 on PS5 can pull that off too, but imagine the nightmare doing Catch the Rabbit races with 40 cars on track :lol:
GT Sport could go over 30 cars but it would obviously struggle - i think originally PS5 only GT7 had a new coding but for whatever reason they reverted the code and we are stuck with 16 cars in MP + some odd framerate issues

i am pretty sure if PD optimized the code properly for PS5 it could run those 30 cars like nothing

perhaps for the future the mesh shaders should also help and better lod system

Last edited:
GT Sport could go over 30 cars but it would obviously struggle - i think originally PS5 only GT7 had a new coding but for whatever reason they reverted the code and we are stuck with 16 cars in MP + some odd framerate issues

i am pretty sure if PD optimized the code properly for PS5 it could run those 30 cars like nothing

perhaps for the future the mesh shaders should also help and better lod system
I think that 20 car limit was made for future Sophy implementation so that we will not be critical about „grid size downgrade”.

Latest Posts

Back