Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,221 comments
Something interesting happened...

On June 11, 2024, @TheAdmiester randomly reacted with 🤔 to a GTPlanet's article mentioning this:

This article!

...and I say his reaction was random because the article is from August 2023, and someone like him reacting to it almost a year later is a little suspicious to say the least.

View attachment 1370236

Now, @Nebuc72 , which is also someone that knows what's going on, also reacted with 🔥 to a recent post here mentioning the possible return of Eiger.

View attachment 1370240
So, is Eiger Nordwand the one that's making a comeback?
Welp, I wasn't talking nonsense after all, nice one!

On June 11, 2024, @TheAdmiester randomly reacted with 🤔 to a GTPlanet's article mentioning this:

This article!

...and I say his reaction was random because the article is from August 2023, and someone like him reacting to it almost a year later is a little suspicious to say the least.

View attachment 1370236

Now, @Nebuc72 , which is also someone that knows what's going on, also reacted with 🔥 to a recent post here mentioning the possible return of Eiger.

View attachment 1370240
So I couldn't give up the game too early but yes, you were right. The game will have to change next time just in case :lol:

This article!

View attachment 1370236

View attachment 1370240
This post and the reactions to it of those mentioned just became very funny

Welp, I wasn't talking nonsense after all, nice one!
1720302204276.png

Interesting note from the YT description:

I imagine anything major is announced already, but maybe some Sport mode changes hopium lives.
That's just PD lingo. Maybe some menu books.

Interesting that after New Physics it shows the Impreza on a dirt track. So will the physics be for road or specifically dirt?
Also I wonder if the dirt part of this track is included this time. 🤔

There's a group of rally cars in the code. Would be awesome if they were all added together in a themed rally update.

• Audi Quattro S1 '86
  • Lancia 037 Evo 2 Rally Car '84
  • Lancia Delta HF Integrale WRC '92
  • Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '86
  • Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car '85

Tahiti did return, but only as a Scapes location. Would love to see it return as a circuit one day. Not just the rally ones either, but maybe a reimagined Tahiti Road.

So that Subaru Impreza 22B WRC wasn't one of the rally cars from the datamine list I had from a while ago. Cool addition.

EIGERRRR!!!

Do you know how much time I spent not getting a Fiat 500 up the hill in GT5?

Car and track content looks genuinely great. I was actually hoping more customization parts would be added in updates, I’m glad that is in fact something they’re expanding.

I’m curious what layouts they’ll have, the long mixed-surface layout was also a blast even if offroad physics are a bit goofy.

F430 Scuderia and the Gallardo are probably two of my most wanted cars (not including cars I was hoping for that have already been added!)

Interested to see what the new physics are like. And I hope it’s other new wheels and not just that one brand they showed us!

Am I very out of touch if I say I don't know who that other person is? 😅
I am more in Trouble I don't know either even if one has his name ..there...

DAMN !! DID I just see an E36 !!!
New physics....?!? Wow

Edit:

Whoever said the game is dead....

Man you are the dead one inside....

Go eat your words

Last edited:
Anyone remember this post?
Even if I did have some advanced information (and I often do), there's little I can do to share it. It's often a case that it's privileged (as a private, off-the-record conversation) or shared in confidence - I'm not a dataminer and everything I know comes from professional conversations - and at best all I can do is drop hints in update preview articles.

Generally I can't share, and even if I could it can be frustrating for fans to see the whole "I know something you don't" thing; a lot of people also don't like update spoilers. Even the "dataminers" are sharing less (and less overtly) these days until we get silhouettes. Regardless, having to sit on any info I do have and watching all the hype/doom speculation is also quite irritating :lol:

Nevertheless, what I've heard so far - which isn't all of it by a long shot - I think there's going to be some positive response (although I will couch that a little) and at least one of the cars of which I'm aware has been named in one of the predictions thread posts that I've seen. What I can definitely say is that I'm out from Tuesday morning to very late on Friday/early Saturday and that pretty much guarantees an update on Thursday.
Nobody saw anything odd about the wording? :mischievous:

I'm not doing it again though.

Edit: Here's a clue...

Even if I did have some advanced information (and I often do), there's little I can do to share it. It's often a case that it's privileged (as a private, off-the-record conversation) or shared in confidence - I'm not a dataminer and everything I know comes from professional conversations - and at best all I can do is drop hints in update preview articles.

Generally I can't share, and even if I could it can be frustrating for fans to see the whole "I know something you don't" thing; a lot of people also don't like update spoilers. Even the "dataminers" are sharing less (and less overtly) these days until we get silhouettes. Regardless, having to sit on any info I do have and watching all the hype/doom speculation is also quite irritating :lol:

Nevertheless, what I've heard so far - which isn't all of it by a long shot - I think there's going to be some positive response (although I will couch that a little) and at least one of the cars of which I'm aware has been named in one of the predictions thread posts that I've seen. What I can definitely say is that I'm out from Tuesday morning to very late on Friday/early Saturday and that pretty much guarantees an update on Thursday.

Last edited:
I am more in Trouble I don't know either even if one has his name ..there...

DAMN !! DID I just see an E36 !!!
New physics....?!? Wow

Edit:

Whoever said the game is dead....

Man you are the dead one inside....

Go eat your words
Jimmy Broadbent is a well known sim-racing Youtuber, who in recent years switched to real racing. He won the Praga R1 championship and is currently racing on the Nordschleiffe (including the 24hr 7.5hr)

He's also one of the commentators for the GT live events

Neither was the E36. People should start ignoring the old datamined list because it's horrendously out of date.
Can't entirely ignore it, but it mainly shows that the datamine lists aren't everything. They have other completely unknown stuff too. Updates have been a mix of both.

All of the new circuits have been accurate up to now, even though I considered Eiger Nordwand to be leftover code dating back to GT5.
Apparently it wasn't.

Last edited:
New track: Loved it. Even more than if it was montreal.
The cars:
  • Impreza rally: always nice to see a legend return.
  • ferrari 430 scuderia: already had a 430 in game so dont care that much
  • lambo gallardo: even though it has a special place in my heart from the days of gt5, its another 4wd lambo...
  • bmw m3: always liked the design since back in the days, apart from that...ok...
  • ruf rgt 4.2: liked the surprise. Probably the one I look forward the most.
  • genesis vgt race car: a vgt...at least it looks nice.

New physics: SCARED
I wonder when it comes out.

Anyone remember this post?

Nobody saw anything odd about the wording? :mischievous:

I'm not doing it again though.
Yeah, I kinda skimmed it. Sorry.

Though part of me really didn't want to know what the content was yet right away and just prefer to be surprised.

and I was! Eiger is back and with a new premium Impreza Rally Car!

Back