Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,222 comments
Definitely a lot of GT5 Prologue going on here. Love to see some of the gaps being filled, the Scuderia has been on my list for a while and the Gallardo so between those and the M3, it'll make some model ranges look fuller. The VGT obviously you can take or leave, the Impreza is fun to see, and the RUF is a wildcard but glad to see they're not left out over Porsche, so some hope of the Yellowbird remains.

Eiger was never my favourite track because of the jump and the hairpins but it looks to have had some layout changes, and plus the physics will have changed by now so will give it another chance. Guessing leader boards will now be reset on account of those changes. I'd love some new racing hard tyres that don't suck.

Must admit I wasn't expecting the community to react as positively as it has done for Eiger Nordwand, since it's essentially a tarmac rally stage.
Was expecting more of the "We only want real circuits that are FIA Grade 1 or 2" reaction.

Happy to be proven wrong on that for the most part. :D
Well, it's been on the wishlist for a lot of people wasn't it? I do want it the most tbh because I love it since GT5.

Last edited:
Must admit I wasn't expecting the community to react as positively as it has done for Eiger Nordwand, since it's essentially a tarmac rally stage.
Was expecting more of the "We only want real circuits that are FIA Grade 1 or 2" reaction.

Many battles in PP lobbies were fought on these roads, everyone worth their salt knows this track was heat for racing.

Had a thought. Wouldn't it be neat if Eiger Nordwand had a higher average wind speed, since it's on a mountain.
Last time it was in the game we didn't have wind mechanics, and this could be a novel way to showcase them more.
I feel like this could've been something done for Grand Valley too given its new cliffside coastal proximity.
For all I know it might already be like that. Haven't ran any testing.

Last edited:
Finally got some new wheels. If that’s everything they showed, it looks like unfortunately only 5 new wheel designs but at the very least all 5 designs look fire and are different than anything we have.

When I see “new tires” in the article I got excited for a minute thinking they were gonna allow/unlock all tire brand stickers for all cars finally. But unfortunately, from some stills, it looks like only Michelin branding.

Last edited:
I'd love to have more details about the GT Sophy portion of the update, if we can run longer races with them, or if they can use more of the car roster.

I know I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, looking at the trailer I think they only showed a three lap race at Lago Maggiore...

I'd love to have more details about the GT Sophy portion of the update, if we can run longer races with them, or if they can use more of the car roster.

I know I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, looking at the trailer I think they only showed a three lap race at Lago Maggiore...
No not yet , Sophy update is only for 2 added tracks that can be used on Lago and Nords at least from what we know

Last edited:
Neither was the E36. People should start ignoring the old datamined list because it's horrendously out of date.
The Ruf and the Gallardo were both in the list though. The datamined list will continue to be relevant as an indicator of some of the cars yet to come to the game, as over 2 years worth of updates’ precedent has proven up to this point.

Last edited:
The circuits weren't accurate, Eiger was indeed leftover code as the new version has a new ID and is a separate entry.

Maybe saying to ignore it was too strong but rather don't treat it as gospel, there's still a ton of unknown IDs that even I don't know the names of that won't have been in the datamined list.
I know and understand you're not gonna tell us what's in the new datamine precisely, but can you tell approximately how many cars left in the recent one? Considering some will be probably kept until GT8 and a few cars not included in datamine will be added though GT7 life, it can help us knowing how many GT7 updates are left

I know and understand you're not gonna tell us what's in the new datamine precisely, but can you tell approximately how many cars left in the recent one? Considering some will be probably kept until GT8 and a few cars not included in datamine will be added though GT7 life, it can help us knowing how many GT7 updates are left
I don't think this works how you think it works.

Stuff gets added to and removed from the game files all the time.

Last edited:
Now that the Murcielago LP 640 and Gallardo LP 560 are back together, I'd really hope to see the older pre-facelift models come some day.

But what worries me in this update would be that tire branding on race tires will likely be on road cars by default, should you choose to fit such tires on them.

Last edited:

I can't complain, this is a good update, and I will have fun with Eiger Nordwand (Whoop hoop, another circuit experience)
But I always prefer driving on real circuits anyway :D

Not Dead yet BUT in Coma!
A willfully stupid comment, well done.

I'm very much looking forward to tackling Eiger in VR. Having slept on the cars, I'm pleased with the number of them and thrilled by the E36 and Gallardo. I find it hard to be too excited by the rest but perhaps that's just me; the F430 is puzzling, did we really a need another F430?

Excited nonetheless. :)

Not Dead yet BUT in Coma!
200w.webp

Assuming the data I have only concerns GT7 and doesn’t contain anything that’ll be held back for a future game (which may be a stretch to be fair), we have a good few years left at the current rate of additions

Assuming the data I have only concerns GT7 and doesn’t contain anything that’ll be held back for a future game (which may be a stretch to be fair), we have a good few years left at the current rate of additions
Wow, a few years of updates still? Considering 3 cars per month? Without leftover from past games? That's impressive. Anyway it's safe to say some will not be added in GT7 and some cars will despite not being in database.
Some questions if I may:
-Does the list change very often? Does some cars gets deleted and then re-added later?
-Anything about Endurance races? We're supposed to get some but still nothing (Or maybe they consider Human Comedy Missions as endurance, which would be a shame)

Wow, a few years of updates still? Considering 3 cars per month? Without leftover from past games? That's impressive. Anyway it's safe to say some will not be added in GT7 and some cars will despite not being in database.
Some questions if I may:
-Does the list change very often? Does some cars gets deleted and then re-added later?
-Anything about Endurance races? We're supposed to get some but still nothing (Or maybe they consider Human Comedy Missions as endurance, which would be a shame)
  • Never seen anything removed and re-added, but there are plenty of entries that are numbers without names, so cars might be changed or cut before I ever see what's there
  • Info is only usually added just in time for each next update, so I can't really comment on anything beyond that, but I've seen nothing about endurances
Also bear in mind that "without leftover from past games" isn't necessarily true as we've seen the likes of the 2009 TTS show up recently.

Last edited:
The Enigma machine has nothing on you. 👍🏼
:lol: I took inspiration from James May, and how he got fired from Autocar, so a little below the standards of professional cryptographers.

It's actually the third(ish) time I've done it, although the first was in an April Fool's article so not actually anything of any importance. The second was another hint at an update's contents, some time last October. I've sneaked another couple of initials into previous articles, but not quite a full acrostic.

I'm going to retire it now though; there was an additional point to doing it these last two times but in general I don't like doing the whole teasy, look what I know and you don't thing (per the sentiment of that post).

We get a lot of info which we can't share, through embargo or privileged conversation: I went to a Genesis event at the Nurburgring in June and had steak in the Pistenklause restaurant afterwards with Genesis personnel (I sat next to Luc Donckerwolke and shared his birthday cake!), therein learning about the Gran X Racer and its arrival in a pleasant natter with the expectation of privacy. Naturally that could not be shared directly - it's rude and unethical - and is an example of how, sometimes, we learn stuff we just can't talk about and have to watch people speculate utter arse gravy in complete frustration.

By no means do we always know everything ahead of time (while third-party studios almost always send embargoes releases out, first-party studios are surprisingly resistant to it; I can think of only a couple of occasions for both PD and T10/PG where it's been done), but it should be assumed we do know something most of the time and just... can't say.

Until SIE does embrace the idea of embargoed press releases, you should also assume we know less than @TheAdmiester, because we only get what the people tell us and they're less comprehensive than his methods! :lol:

Latest Posts

Back