Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,284 comments
Cape Ring I think has a lot more potential.
PD could make Cape Ring into "circuit version" of japanese togue montain roads....

I always felt that this:
1720448888831.png

Was inspired by this:
1720448919296.png

Really hope the next track will be a real race track. We got 3 made up courses in a row now now. One of them being a snow track….

I’m good.
My lucky shot will be a Motegi in around November :D

And Circuit Gilles Villeneuve isn't out of the window only because it wasn't shown on Montreal GTWS event ;) ;)

But after PD did break "american tracks" cycle. I could expect everything now. I wonder is Silverstone a possibility since it was made for GT6... would PD scrap that track after one entry?

But after PD did break "american tracks" cycle. I could expect everything now. I wonder is Silverstone a possibility since it was made for GT6... would PD scrap that track after one entry?
Yeah, licensing and all. Look at what happened to the Top Gear Test Track.

Yeah, licensing and all. Look at what happened to the Top Gear Test Track.
Yes it is one possibility. Especially that GRID 2019 going to GRID Legends also lost Silverstone. Something happened. But on the other hand newest Forza has it. Maybe PD could relicense it some day.

But for now... I think Motegi is the most real now.

And Circuit Gilles Villeneuve isn't out of the window only because it wasn't shown on Montreal GTWS event ;) ;)

If they give us Motegi hopefully they’ll give us ALL the layouts 🙄

No new track until 2025

Last edited:
What if Gilles Villeneuve was just the internal name PD gave Eiger in the files as they worked on it for its release at the Montreal event

Last edited:
I always thought Gilles Villeneuve might have been Lake Luise since they are both in Canada.

EDIT: or not.
There was a generic test_snow_oval that likely became Lake Louise.

Speaking of old datamines reminds me - the really old track ID datamine, the one that came from GT Sport years ago. The one that had the 4 GT1 tracks and Road Atlanta (but not Watkins Glen). Does anyone recall if that had Eiger in it as well?

In 2022 we did get 2 tracks. Watkins Glen amd Road Atlanta
In 2023 we did get 2 tracks. Grand Valley and Lake Louise
Why would 2024 be so special? Some people thought we won’t get any new track at all and here we are :)
See you in 2025, when PD doesn't adds a new track in 2024

Nearly screamed when I saw the new RUF thinking it was an 992 Turbo S, but a new RUF is always welcome. Never though I'd see the Gallardo and Scuderia in a Gran Turismo game ever again, hopefully we can also get the pre-facelift version with that glorious 5.0 V10 sound :lol:

I'm happy to see Eiger again, always had a soft spot for montainous circuits. Here's hoping they can bring back Matterhorn and Cape Ring too.

View attachment 1370895
Matterhorn was the track that made GT6 stand out for me. Now that there’s precedent for Swiss tracks with mountainous backdrops making a comeback on current gen, I would be over the moon to see it return

Maybe one they will make or something. He sometimes change his mind
"Unless some kind of technical innovation happens." Those are his words from that interview.

So unless said tech innovation does indeed happen that'll speed up dev times, we shouldn't expect any.

"Unless some kind of technical innovation happens." Those are his words from that interview.

So unless said tech innovation does indeed happen that'll speed up dev times, we shouldn't expect any.
Perhaps high quality generative AI trained on their Tokyo Expressway building assets? With reference images they took from the real Route 246 for textures? And manual adjustments afterwards if needed. Only way I can see accurate city tracks coming with their level of detail. I know they have procedural city building in the works, but unless they can tune it to produce at least decently location-accurate buildings, I don’t think they’d brother since they are high on making the locations accurate. Which I do appreciate but obviously it does increase dev time.

That said, just did some research, seems AI tools (public ones at least) aren’t great at complex 3D models. Buildings are at least somewhat among the more “basic” shapes for the most part, so maybe their own AI tailored for cities could do the job. I’m sure they could get some great programmers given their budget, and if it’s not doable yet, maybe in 5 years or so? AI is improving at a crazy rate after all.

Last edited:
So how’s the new physics?
According with some spanish youtubers that I follow and are closer friends to some GTWS spanish competitors:

-Suspension changes (specially on dirt surfaces)
-Braking is now more sensisitve (hard braking will cause the car to lose stability)
-Tire degradation o avoid people on still running with tires on red

One of them was even talking some craziness about tire puncture happening if you continue driving with tires on red, but he said to take that with a grain of salt 🤭🤭🤭

Perhaps high quality generative AI trained on their Tokyo Expressway building assets? With reference images they took from the real Route 246 for textures? And manual adjustments afterwards if needed. Only way I can see accurate city tracks coming with their level of detail. I know they have procedural city building in the works, but unless they can tune it to produce at least decently location-accurate buildings, I don’t think they’d brother since they are high on making the locations accurate. Which I do appreciate but obviously it does increase dev time.

That said, just did some research, seems AI tools (public ones at least) aren’t great at complex 3D models. Buildings are at least somewhat among the more “basic” shapes for the most part, so maybe their own AI tailored for cities could do the job. I’m sure they could get some great programmers given their budget, and if it’s not doable yet, maybe in 5 years or so? AI is improving at a crazy rate after all.
AI could help. But seeing that it's so controversial right now (especially in the art/fanart space), it's probably not worth the negative PR. =/

AI could help. But seeing that it's so controversial right now (especially in the art/fanart space), it's probably not worth the negative PR. =/
If they train it on their own data, the ethical debate should be more kind, no? I totally support the artists who are upset with AI being trained on their works when they didn’t consent, but if they train it on studio assets, since they are owned by PD, that side shouldn’t be an issue.

Although I just realised that the individual artists at PD may not want their work used for AI in any way. Which I understand. Maybe hold a studio vote and if it’s unanimously in favour, go ahead with the plan.

It being private data moving towards a singular design goal for the game when it’s otherwise not feasible could maybe change someone’s view as long as it’s not then used in other, exploitative ways. But ultimately that decision of consent rests on the individual and it should be respected.

Latest Posts

Back