Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,092 comments
so you have to wonder just who at PD is in charge of these things.
The same way you have to wonder who in their right mind greenlighted Concord the way it was.
1. a game that hops onto the hypetrain when it already is 2 stations ahead
2. with a pricetag that none of the competition comes with

In all fairness, the person at the head of the project should be fully liable for all damages (im form of development cost), the only reason I see to still say "develope and release with these conditions" would be that one person wanting a game for only one player ever to see. There is no catching up to a playercount of millions when you dont offer anything dramatically different or new and just copy a well established formular.

But as this is a GT discussion thread:
simply let Kaz do his thing and some will like it while other wont, which a constant fluctuation between both groups.
To me the game was good for a while even though it had its set of flaws that I cant understand or dont see how things have turned out the way they did. My current pendulum has swung into "dont play because physics" and it all can come back some time in the future, or not, and I am fine with both.

glory seeking narcissists that want to succeed in online competition
Bit much.

I've met most of them, and in general they're a humble bunch despite being among the best in the world at what they do. I wouldn't say there's too many that exhibit any obvious arrogance, and I'm not sure there's any about whom I'd say they were narcissitic - although obviously they're not uniformly nice and friendly, because that can't really be said about any group of people, but even if I would name names (which I wouldn't) I'd struggle to do so.

While your point that what's good for the best players in the world may not exactly mesh with what the other few million want/need is accurate, I think it can be done without this kind of comment.

So I think the players can offer legitimate inputs, because PD themselves do not seem to understand the exact reasons why their older game designs generally were more loved than their more recent approaches.
Some of that can simply be nostalgia. But sometimes instead of building on something, it seems they eliminate it. Where tune sharing abilities go? Track editor/maker? Gifting cars? Missing tracks… especially original ones you need no licensing for?
He did just not in the way we thought he would because he did it the way he wanted to.
Something he mention was about following a road map and always looking to the future. I find this hilarious because he idea of a sufficient way of sharing tunes is to screenshot two pages (which have missing info regarding widebody and tire widths and aero) Filling up your harddrive with screenshots to send to friends in a PS chat is 100% not ideal. The future for sharing tunes was in 2003 or 2004 in GT Legends… want my tune? Sure. Sent. Got it. Loaded. Let’s race. Took like ten seconds and you could apply the setup in the lobby.

In all fairness, the person at the head of the project should be fully liable for all damages (im form of development cost), the only reason I see to still say "develope and release with these conditions" would be that one person wanting a game for only one player ever to see.
I'm sorry but what a dumb take. What bugs me in this industry is that all talented gaming companies are playing on safe. Release a new IP? No wait, lets release a remaster of a remakte or release sequel number #12.

I we are going to hold persons reliable for failed IP's that would take away even more creativity.

Also, Concord was not made because 1 personen wanting a game. Thats just nonsense.

Some of that can simply be nostalgia. But sometimes instead of building on something, it seems they eliminate it. Where tune sharing abilities go? Track editor/maker? Gifting cars? Missing tracks… especially original ones you need no licensing for?
There’s always some nostalgia attached to good things from the past, but GT1 - GT4 had engaging campaigns where you had to be strategic about how you managed and expanded your car collection. In GT4 there were weeks of gameplay like this. In GT7 there’s hardly a campaign and it’s all so linear, almost like it’s an interactive ad for the car manufacturers.

Part of the blame can be attributed to how modern games get released in an unfinished state, because the developers will just add stuff later via updates. This sort of fluidity may create long term player engagement, but the core design also suffers because nothing is set in stone from day one. In the old days they printed a disc and from that moment the game was effectively done and dusted. It had to be good, as the “we might add it later” option was nonexistent.

There’s always some nostalgia attached to good things from the past, but GT1 - GT4 had engaging campaigns where you had to be strategic about how you managed and expanded your car collection. In GT4 there were weeks of gameplay like this. In GT7 there’s hardly a campaign and it’s all so linear, almost like it’s an interactive ad for the car manufacturers.

Part of the blame can be attributed to how modern games get released in an unfinished state, because the developers will just add stuff later via updates. This sort of fluidity may create long term player engagement, but the core design also suffers because nothing is set in stone from day one. In the old days they printed a disc and from that moment the game was effectively done and dusted. It had to be good, as the “we might add it later” option was nonexistent.
I agree with most of that. The only thing I’m partial to is the car collection campaign strategy. I faintly remember GT Legends campaign, you had to win championships to unlock the next class of group of cars. Working your way to the faster cars.

Not saying it was perfect but I like that better than buying a car and tuning it and retrying races until you tune appropriately. GT Legends was simply about getting better. I’ve grabbed cars in GT7 which I thought would be capable but they weren’t. I had to tune a specific way to win and it was more annoying than anything.

Demo thing for GT7 announced on the latest PS Blog.

1725548993858.png

I'm looking at this as a bit of a litmus test of whether the team at PD know what makes GT special, what classic events mean to them.

Personally, the ship has kinda sailed for me in terms of them understanding what 'fans' are looking for from GT (speaking from a single player perspective) so it'll be interesting to see what events they add into this My First GT

Might just be me, but "my first GT" is like those preschool books.

Also, why announce this now? It sounds like a bad Christmas sales bump Hail Mary play

Last edited:
That feels pretty do-or-die for the hypothetical PC port people speculate about. If they don't put whatever this is on PC then I feel pretty comfortable saying it's never happening.
There is one issue with porting console games to PC. We play COD on DMZ and it is an absolute hack fest. Most PC gamers don’t understand how to play the game as intended. Can see it now… unlimited grip off track, undetected extra hp and traction or bypassing lobby settings. Which in all fairness I’ve ran across that before. 500pp limit with comfort soft tires. Race starts and some bozo takes off like a lightning flash and laps up once in a five lap race.

I’m not sure what benefit bringing GT7 to PC would bring.

Might just be me, but "my first GT" is like those preschool books.

Also, why announce this now? It sounds like a bad Christmas sales bump Hail Mary play
That seems to be the intention, or part of the intention at least.

"attract a diverse players of all skill levels"

They want to attract a more mainstream audience including children.

Anyone know what this My First GT will be? Curious... Some 3 lap events in GT7 for content?
The article says it's a free trial version of GT7, seems like it's basically a separate demo with a few cars and tracks. I don't think any content in GT7 will come from it.

Even if it’s just a GT7 demo with no differences, I’m still excited to see it. While I understand why spin-offs and demo versions aren’t made with the same frequency as in the PS2 era, I do miss it (even if I wasn’t aware of them at the time) and it’ll be a cool novelty as time goes on. Much like the GT Academy demo for GT6.

"This upcoming release will include some of the favorite cars, tracks, and race events that evoke the nostalgia and excitement of the very first GT experience."

Hmmm... 🤔 might be a good time to get Autumn Ring back
I will need the help of GT historian, but I find weird to see the Countach used as "My first GT" while it wasn't in the original carlist. And sorry if i'm wrong 🤔
I don’t think “first” is intended to be a reference to GT1. I think it refers to the shared characteristics of people’s first experiences with GT in general.

That seems to be the intention, or part of the intention at least.

"attract a diverse players of all skill levels"

They want to attract a more mainstream audience including children.
If they want everyone, including children, then it is probably that will be quite shallow. Still, maybe not.

"This upcoming release will include some of the favorite cars, tracks, and race events that evoke the nostalgia and excitement of the very first GT experience."

Hmmm... 🤔 might be a good time to get Autumn Ring back
Also even Special Stages Routes 5 and 11. Would be best to have them set around Los Angeles, specifically near the Santa Monica Pier, to make sure there's consistency with Special Stage Route X being set in San Diego.

Curious to see what it will be but not setting any hopes too high 😅

I see it as a GT7 demo (and I am curious to see what it will contain, and I doubt there will be anything that is not already in GT7)

Last edited:
Don't expect much other then MAYBE 3 cars and one track from a previous GT Game. Not expecting a whole bunch other then that.

Back