Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,205 comments
Don't know if "My First GT" will have more shown today, but it crossed my mind that since it's likely to be a smaller scale game/demo, perhaps it could see Sophy A.I. replace the role of the normal A.I. across all gameplay for the first time.
That could be neat, if it happens.
It's confirmed to be on PS4 per the announcement blogpost, so Sophy is unlikely.

So let me get something straight...

If there's ANY new content at all featured in My First GT it'll have to included in an update to the main game, right?
blu1304-meme-2k-v3.jpg

Guy reeks of doomer energy if he does not consider Astrobot "a win".
It’s a win for SIE and fans of old-school platformers. For everyone else it’s just a bit sad that one of the best offerings on PS5 is nothing more than that. While Astro Bot seems like a great game, I feel like much of the hype stems from the fact that four years on PS5 generally lacks in non-remastered and well-integrated PS5 exclusive blockbusters. Astro Bot is a welcome exception with high production standards and nostalgic elements, but I wonder how much attention it would get if circumstances surrounding the current console generation were less dire.

How was the PS5 30th Anniversary edition a "so back" moment, though, considering disc drive being excluded from both Pro/Slim packages (only the cover is included) seem to be a complaint with them?
Because the reception to the anniversary editions has been overwhelmingly positive.

Anyway. It’s a joke. Let’s move on from this.

Gran Turismo 7, latest news and discussion. Let’s go.

Ah ok, thanks for the correction on that.
Still hope we get to see something about "My First GT" though, or anything from Polyphony for that matter.
Just a few hours to go until it starts:

Well that was boring. Nothing for GT7. Are these usually this sucky? Really it was just a bunch of game trailers.

Last edited:
I did enjoy how in the PS5 Pro sizzle reel every other title had a consistent font but GT got to be special and had the logo because of how the replay watermark works, that gave me a little chuckle.

Honestly, had a thought maybe we are not getting any teasers or anything of that kind for the future content because they saved it for this State of Play. Stayed up to watch it. Welp, that's entirely on me.

Not expecting anything during upcoming GTW Round either, because I don't see why they would give us a post about it last time but keep it silent this time. So, one more month then?

I wonder what's happening over there, can PS5 Pro version and MFGT really hold the updates? They do have a relatively small team, but for the guys doing all the modelling all that stuff shouldn't really make a difference. Maybe just their testing team is busy with those other versions and can't test the update. Though, judging by the infamous physics update, I'm not sure if they have a testing team. Actually, maybe they just don't want to release another update until they fix the physics and they are having a hard time actually fixing it without having to roll back to previous version?

One piece of news from the PS Blog roundup of Pro upgrades. I don't think it had been confirmed that 8K was targeting 60fps (though obviously it'd be expected).
“While Gran Turismo 7 was already able to render in native 4K, PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution on PS5 Pro is also effective on 4K sources, allowing for even more detail and higher image quality than ever before. Additionally, we are now able to support ray tracing during races, which was previously impossible. This allows not only for car surfaces to show full reflections of other cars, but also for a car to reflect its own parts, greatly enhancing realism and immersion throughout the whole game.

Furthermore, Gran Turismo 7 will feature experimental support for 8K/60fps output* . Players will be able to see the precisely modeled cars and tracks in unprecedented detail and clarity, with a breathtaking sense of presence. Thanks to these cutting edge developments, Gran Turismo 7 will be able to provide more exciting and visually stunning race experiences than was previously possible.”

– Shuichi Takano, Main Programmer / Polyphony

Back