Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,319 comments
I'm still under the impression that our next GT-R is the ORIGINAL R35 spotted in the datamine
66A539C0-611E-4FFB-8B2B-20CCD17E65B0.jpeg

I'm still under the impression that our next GT-R is the ORIGINAL R35 spotted in the datamineView attachment 1393634
If the silhouette is anything to go by, it is 100% the facelifted 2023 R35. The front bumper gives it away. Sorry, but there just isn't any current info that suggests otherwise. You may want the '07 model, but there is zero evidence to suggest this update has it.

Last edited:
One of the colors in the official website can make it resemble the last of its kind: the Takumi edition.
Well, according to GT-R registry, the paint code DAP/Midnight Purple is available for the T Spec, while the Takumi Edition is sold only in Midnight Purple. Another colour "resurrected" from Nissan's R34 palette was the Millenium Jade, exclusive to V Spec II Nür and available at the game and available for the T Spec. I believe that Silica Breath (a R34 M Spec II Nür exclusive) still unavailable.

In fact, the Takumi R35 is a T Spec R35 slightly modified

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, this HiAce is the first playable full-sized (not a Honda Life) van in GT history! Discounting also the HiMedic, T1 Samba Bus and Espace F1, of course. Shall we just say, first Premium work van in GT?

Whatever the technical answer is, it seems fresh, and it'll be of great use for many things, especially Nürburgring runs in the category immortalised by Sabine Schmitz. If it's the 3L, 100kW turbo diesel, it'll be tough to get around under 10:55, I'd guess.

Don't get me wrong, I'll never complain about (mostly) monthly free content... but good lord does this update seem like filler to me
It’s a very small one but at least we get something.
Think it’s not too bad, at least with more tracks for Sophy. But the 3 round limit for Sophy still is intact so it’s a bit meh.

Hope we getting more in November with the update that will contain the ps5 pro settings.

Well, according to GT-R registry, the paint code DAP/Midnight Purple is available for the T Spec, while the Takumi Edition is sold only in Midnight Purple. Another colour "resurrected" from Nissan's R34 palette was the Millenium Jade, exclusive to V Spec II Nür and available at the game and available for the T Spec. I believe that Silica Breath (a R34 M Spec II Nür exclusive) still unavailable.

In fact, the Takumi R35 is a T Spec R35 slightly modified
Are those colors available in GT Auto now or just as color options for the GTR?

May I present something that might scratch the single player itch?

An quick to set up, plug ‘n play arcade mode which uses custom races - inspired by GT3’s arcade mode, a mix of classic GT style events with an Endurance/Formula “endgame”.

Enter the custom race settings for a given Series (which is like a league in classic GT games), save the settings, pick a car which matches the PP limit, or tune a car to one, and then load said custom race settings for each subsequent race in that Series.

The game will randomly generate cars near your PP, and for Endurance events, the “Car Category (Group 1/2/3/4)” setting is used to quickly fill the grid with event-eligible cars.

Endurance/Formula events use Balance of Performance and the One-Make rival car selection options for quick balance and no need to set up a custom grid.

Outside of the Endurance/Formula events, which require a bit more specific settings for each championship, you can use this save/load method for almost every race in each Series, only manually entering in the settings once per Series.

Arcade mode link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/custom-gt7-arcade-mode-plug-n-play-minimal-setup.428740/

-

If you’re looking for something deeper, I have a custom career. This is more of a time commitment (though there is a plug n’ play option, but you lose custom driver names and themed event opponent cars). I’ll paste the blurb from the forum post here as it encapsulates it as succinctly as I can.

• Classic GT style progression with multiple leagues, each a step up in car performance and race length, all leading into high-level motorsport events. Each league uses a league-long championship system, in which each race counts for points, and a championship runs from the first event in the league, until the end. Whoever has the most points after the final race, wins. A league is much like a long motorsport season, in that sense.

• Multiple motorsport series' as you build towards them over the course of your career - competing in them across your license acquisition events, as well. Once you reach the later phases of your career, and have access to the highest level events, you can play on a seasonal cycle, or switch between them, now that you have the required licenses. For example, going from Formula 1 to NASCAR racing, or WEC to Formula X.

• Motorsport licenses see you start from grassroots racing and progress into the elite echelons of the sport, going wheel-to-wheel with your fellow Formula drivers or out-scrapping endurance racers.

• Opponent permeance with drivers you meet in lower leagues potentially racing alongside you at the highest levels, depending on their finishing position in the league standings. Each driver in the mainline leagues (excluding the Endurance League) has a name and backstory, intended to ground them as more than a one-off opponent (not all original driver bios are yet complete. Everything else in the career is finished and final).

• A selection of races outside of the mainline career path which utilise some of the legend and invitational cars in the game. There's also the Maestro League, a league in which you take on legends of the automotive and motorsport world across short, two race series'.

• A Manufacturer League heavily inspired by Gran Turismo 4, to give purpose to many cars in the game which can otherwise be passed by for another in the same category, or ignored altogether.

• Missions, also inspired by GT4, but the missions themselves are a bit more of a deviation from official games. They're more experimental, but I have tested them to ensure that they are possible. The missions also contain a variety of race series with driver lists and premises that would not fit in the mainline events.

• A selection of rally events, but more like a traditional timed rally. You must still beat your opponents and take home the most points, but the events take place on a path across the continent in which the event began.

Custom career link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...aces-motorsport-journey-missions-more.427221/

Last edited:
Back