Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,427 comments
This channel has just been inactive because there's nothing of note to really talk about.
Next update expected Thursday 7th November, the same date as the PS5 Pro launch. Besides the PS5 Pro enhancements, no idea what it will include.
It will be the last update before the GT World Series finals in early December, so there's a chance that they will add something that they want to use in the event itself, like they did with Lake Louise last year.

Seeing how quiet are the people that is able to see what they are working on for the next update, I starting to believe that November will be another regular update of 3-5 cars and the Pro improvements, and if they are working on another big update they would reveal it at the worlds finals (like they did for July update in Montreal)

Last edited:
Seeing how quiet are the people that is able to see what they are working on for the next update, I starting to believe that November will be another regular update of 3-5 cars and the Pro improvements, and if they are working on another big update they would reveal it at the worlds finals (like they did for July update in Montreal)
Same thought for me, especially after watching @GT Electro video on the subject, where he points out that in the official reveal of PS5 Pro it was said that "...GT7 will attempt to get an update by the release date of PS5 Pro" (correct me if I'm wrong with the wording @GT Electro ). I'd suppose that the big update will be mid/late January to answer to ACEvo (so it would make sense to showcase something at the GTWS like they did with Spa back in the days)

Same thought for me, especially after watching @GT Electro video on the subject, where he points out that in the official reveal of PS5 Pro it was said that "...GT7 will attempt to get an update by the release date of PS5 Pro" (correct me if I'm wrong with the wording @GT Electro ). I'd suppose that the big update will be mid/late January to answer to ACEvo (so it would make sense to showcase something at the GTWS like they did with Spa back in the days)
Why would they answer to an early access PC game?

I don't remember, but did they even do anything to "answer" when Forza Motorsport released?
That would be a potential gauge as Forza is a direct competitor, even if it's not on PlayStation.
But yeah I doubt they will do anything in response to ACEvo, or even that they have to.

Last edited:
Same thought for me, especially after watching @GT Electro video on the subject, where he points out that in the official reveal of PS5 Pro it was said that "...GT7 will attempt to get an update by the release date of PS5 Pro" (correct me if I'm wrong with the wording @GT Electro ).
The official wording was "targeting" a November release. We covered it at the time:
PS Blog
GT7 is targeting a November release for a new patch that will add several new PS5 Pro-focused rendering modes, including a Raytrace Priority mode that adds eye-catching new car reflections.

I don't remember, but did they even do anything to "answer" when Forza Motorsport released?
That would be a potential gauge as Forza is a direct competitor, even if it's not on PlayStation.
But yeah I doubt they will do anything in response to ACEvo, or even that they have to.
Spec II was the month after, to be fair.

But the realities of AAA game development are such that "answering" an opposing game with your own content just isn't a thing. Assets take too long to make to know for sure you can stack them, and that's even assuming the rival you are trying to "answer" releases when you expect them to (look how many times Forza's release date slipped, for example).

I was expecting them to work in a way similar to what they did with Spec II against FM, which could also be the reason for the recent reduction in update size (at least in terms of car) and "desirability" as if they were stacking fan favourites for a bigger release (similar to what they did with Spec II, I know that it's a bit of hopium on my side).

What cancels out my reasoning is the fact AC is not coming to PS5 in January, I was assuming (dunno why) that it would release on PS as well. Thanks for the info (and I hope to be proven wrong of course with a big PS5 Pro update in November)

Back