Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
30fps is an automatic DQ for driving games.
You're disqualifying a lot of racing games made before oh, 2010 where the push for 60 FPS became truly apparent if you want a game to truly be considered 'the best' by your metrics.

You're also disqualifying every GT game before Sport.

Good luck finding a game that people can agree on!

You're disqualifying a lot of racing games made before oh, 2010 where the push for 60 FPS became truly apparent if you want a game to truly be considered 'the best' by your metrics.

You're also disqualifying every GT game before Sport.

Good luck finding a game that people can agree on!

You claim to be a fan of the series but don't know every GT since 3 has been 60fps? 😭

You claim to be a fan of the series but don't know every GT since 3 has been 60fps? 😭

Uh huh. GT5 certainly was 60 FPS. Absolutely.

So was GT6.

And for good measure, compare GT5 and 6 together and see what happens:

So much 60 FPS goodness. Wow.

This isn't part of the thread, I just find it funny how 'every GT since 3' is definitely 100% true. I agree whole-heartedly.

Last edited:
Hopefully GT7 lives up to all of our grossly unrealistic expectations. And hopefully the ACC PS5 port is good enough for me not to go down the PC route
I'm sure the PS5 version of ACC will have good physics, but I doubt its overall quality will be high and attract many buyers. The PS4/XB-last-gen version of ACC was buggy, unoptimized (terrible frame-rates), and very neglected by the devs (it was many patches behind the PC version). It was a port made by some contractor, and after it shipped it was forgotten.

If ACC genuinely has clean racing that would appeal. Conversely if being competitive is dependent on tuning the cars before every race and micro managing everything then that would be a massive turn off. I think GT has the balance just right, they need to address the issues online quite badly though.

Last edited:
If ACC genuinely has clean racing that would appeal. Conversely if being competitive is dependent on tuning the cars before every race and micro managing everything then that would be a massive turn off. I think GT has the balance just right, they need to address the issues online quite badly though.
I’m the opposite bro, but I understand what your saying. I think they could just lock in the b.o.p like the do now, which doesn’t let you tune the car when competing. I would still want what you get in AC/ACC though it brings in better dynamics when it comes to driving.

I have bad news. The races I have done in the Competition Servers (ACC's equivalent of "daily" races) have been dirty messes, and with multiple-second pace gaps between competitors. And yes, you have to tinker a lot. These are 45' or 60' races and your setup needs to be quick on full, medium and low fuel. Tire pressures are the most important part to tweak for your setup. And you really need to do a lot of testing to get the setup and tires working correctly over the duration of a race. It's pure goodness as far as simulation value is concerned but not everyone's cup of tea. It's pure simulation and you have to put some effort into it.

Some private leagues are big enough that they run multiple servers of 30 or so cars each. That helps to be closer to people of your level and the strict racing standards mean they are cleaner races but there are still huge pace gaps between drivers.

This is on PC. Haven't played ACC on console yet.

EDIT: private league example. After 20 hours of setup and testing, I lost two races in the 2nd split of the league while lapping someone. One from them hitting a curb wrong and losing control and smashing into me while I was passing. Another from them being so desperate to allow the leader through (which is against the rules to change lines and reduce pace while being lapped) that I ended up rear-ending him due to him not following the rules. Result for me: wrecked car and hours of work down the drain. Result for them: wrecked car and grid penalty for the next race which would have them starting 30th instead of 29th. Quite frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, I love ACC. Best sim ever IMO. But I understand why GTS attracts so many players. Just jump in and drive. Driving standards can be atrocious in both games but GTS has less personal stress after a disaster because you put less work into each race.

Last edited:
I totally feel ya mate.

After having my SA rating destroyed from 96 down to the 60s by out-of-control drivers in just a couple o' nights I was over it.

I only race the AI now, starting at the back of the grid on settings of 92+ difficulty & 92+ aggression. Excellent challenge to work your way through the field.

I'll be grabbing it along with GT7 for PS5 'cause so far I've only used it on a borrowed PC that's 15 years old. Waaaay too much tweaking and still haven't got it to run smoothly.

Yeah, I also have ACC on PC and it feels amazing, but you definitely cannot just hop in and play online and have a good experience, mainly because there's no match-making that lets you race people of similar skill. To really enjoy the multi-player racing in ACC, one needs to invest quite a lot of time into finding a community-organized league.

I wish GT7 could improve the physics while still being an accessible online racer.

If you follow that logic, then you must have lost so many amazing racing tittles from the past.

On the ACC conversation.

It's been a while since ACC on PC online got full of crashers. I went from 96 SA to 79 in very few races and got kind of done with it. They also changed SA in a way that it is too easy to lose points and extremely hard to get them back.

I mean I don't follow Kunos logic on this too. They know the game is full of retards right now, yet they make so damn hard rising your SA points now, regardless you have had a good SA record. It's just not fair. Also, the revamped physics ain't making it much easier either, as we again return to Kunos logic of "harder = more realistic" from the first game, which is very very wrong.

Last edited:
It's been a while since ACC on PC online got full of crashers. I went from 96 SA to 79 in very few races and got kind of done with it. They also changed SA in a way that it is too easy to lose points and extremely hard to get them back.

I mean I don't follow Kunos logic on this too. They know the game is full of retards right now, yet they make so damn hard rising your SA points now, regardless you have had a good SA record. It's just not fair. Also, the revamped physics ain't making it much easier either, as we again return to Kunos logic of "harder = more realistic" from the first game, which is very very wrong.
Totally man!

I totally feel ya mate.

After having my SA rating destroyed from 96 down to the 60s by out-of-control drivers in just a couple o' nights I was over it.

I only race the AI now, starting at the back of the grid on settings of 92+ difficulty & 92+ aggression. Excellent challenge to work your way through the field.

I'll be grabbing it along with GT7 for PS5 'cause so far I've only used it on a borrowed PC that's 15 years old. Waaaay too much tweaking and still haven't got it to run smoothly.
You should really look into the GTS league section the best racing I have ever had! It honestly shows how good GTS is when you are in a controlled group. Clean competitive racing at its best. Those guys with their league’s motivated me to start my own!

Oh, I know about it mate; have followed GTS since the get-go and watched heaps of racing.

I'm still on GT6 'though (no PS4). Chose to wait for the next "full title". Long wait! Hopefully it'll be worth it...

Well, without my personal hands-on experience with GT7, from the streams, looks like GT Sport. However, speaking on handling characteristics of cars, in the trailer, we see the Boss Mustang lifting its inner rear tyre off the pavement, from a sharp turn. If certain aspects of those physics are present(as seen from the fwd economy cars below), it’d make watching replays that much more enjoyable.

Well, without my personal hands-on experience with GT7, from the streams, looks like GT Sport. However, speaking on handling characteristics of cars, in the trailer, we see the Boss Mustang lifting its inner rear tyre off the pavement, from a sharp turn. If certain aspects of those physics are present(as seen from the fwd economy cars below), it’d make watching replays that much more enjoyable.

I think I'm more looking forward to the reviews tomorrow than the game release on Friday. So far, I've read of two wheel users who say the driving feels different but I want more details!

I think I'm more looking forward to the reviews tomorrow than the game release on Friday. So far, I've read of two wheel users who say the driving feels different but I want more details!
I’m on a DS4. So, not getting the full feel as wheel users. If it does feel different for some of us PS4Lifers, that’s great.

I’m on a DS4. So, not getting the full feel as wheel users. If it does feel different for some of us PS4Lifers, that’s great.
I think the DS4 will still be able to convey the feeling of, say, driving through a puddle, like the guy on Facebook was saying.

BUMP

Looking forward to see impressions in this thread. @super_gt , Team VVV and Traxxion have spoken of promising improvements in the physics.

I am eagerly awaiting the unlock with my GT DD Pro and am anxious to hear what everyone else thinks about the latest dynamic model. The GT Planet review called it an iterative, familiar improvement, while others have claimed it is actually quite different in many ways.

BUMP

Looking forward to see impressions in this thread. @super_gt , Team VVV and Traxxion have spoken of promising improvements in the physics.

I am eagerly awaiting the unlock with my GT DD Pro and am anxious to hear what everyone else thinks about the latest dynamic model. The GT Planet review called it an iterative, familiar improvement, while others have claimed it is actually quite different in many ways.
Same here my friend I can't wait to use my GT DD Pro :cheers:.

In the Team VVV video @VVV Mars VG claims the traction control has changed. Watching his video it is quite evident that TC does not bog you down like before. I found it interesting he was able to spin on TC 4. It also looks like TC activates based on tire slip now, while in GTS it seemed to be activated by steering angle.

TC has never been modeled correctly in Gran Turismo. I hope that my interpretation of the Team VVV video turns out to be correct. Gr. 3 racing would be much more enjoyable with a tad of TC just like in Assetto Corsa Competizione. In ACC turning off TC makes you slower (and destroys your tires) and since TC is correctly implemented in that game, it allows you to find the perfect balance between the car, speed and your driving style, as it should be. This has never been possible in GT because the way TC works is wrong.

Really hoping that someone who owns the game and is interested in this topic jumps in the thread with some observations. If not, oh well, only a couple more days to try it myself.

In the Team VVV video @VVV Mars VG claims the traction control has changed. Watching his video it is quite evident that TC does not bog you down like before. I found it interesting he was able to spin on TC 4. It also looks like TC activates based on tire slip now, while in GTS it seemed to be activated by steering angle.

TC has never been modeled correctly in Gran Turismo. I hope that my interpretation of the Team VVV video turns out to be correct. Gr. 3 racing would be much more enjoyable with a tad of TC just like in Assetto Corsa Competizione. In ACC turning off TC makes you slower (and destroys your tires) and since TC is correctly implemented in that game, it allows you to find the perfect balance between the car, speed and your driving style, as it should be. This has never been possible in GT because the way TC works is wrong.

Really hoping that someone who owns the game and is interested in this topic jumps in the thread with some observations. If not, oh well, only a couple more days to try it myself.
Both Team VVV and Super GT have mentioned positive changes to the physics, and I'm looking forward to seeing how much it's changed myself.

Just thought I would post the three videos that mention physics. I am excluding IGN and those types of sites. This is just Super GT, Team VVV and Traxion, and I find all three of them to be pretty fair commentators in general. In other words, of the few reviews out there, so far these are the only three people whose opinions I consider valuable. Keep in mind there are many people on this site and elsewhere whose opinions I also respect but they either don't have the game yet or haven't done a review yet.

Last edited:
I'm curious to if the ballast position in the tuning menu actually does something noticeable

It would allow you to adjust the centre of gravity's forward / backward position, just like in previous GT games.

Noticeable? It'll affect weight transfer and therefore handling.

Last edited:
I'm curious to if the ballast position in the tuning menu actually does something noticeable
Seeing how much the weight transfer affects car behavior I think it’s safe to assume it will play a critical role in fine-tuning cars’ driving properties. After all, even in GT6, it made a significant role.

Skip to 9:05 and pay attention to the drivers’ inputs. Watch as he lifts off and brakes slightly, the car’s weight transfers on the front tyres as he gradually loses control. Incredible.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back