Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Pro Update: 8K Graphics, Real-Time Ray-Tracing On Track

• Thread starter Famine
  • 184 comments
snc
Rt mode with noticable lower res doesnt seem interesting at all, defenitly prefer crisp image quality without rt reflections
I'll have to wait and see it for myself. It's DF's job to nitpick minute graphical details, I don't knock them for it.

At the end of the discussion, they said it's a great implementation. I think it's something that most people wouldn't notice, as their eyes aren't trained to look for it.

I've got one that drifts but that doesn't bother me in any game I play except World of Warships Legends. I have two white pads that came with the console and both of them have broken left triggers.

Timestamped the GT7 portion.
That already makes me very worried about the future quality of graphics quality, which I already was whenever upscaling was mentioned.
Yes, part of the pictures do look better, but others dont, especially "that is lower res" is ticking my dislike boxes pretty hard.
In the end I hope the Pro still offers both of the original PS5 performance modes, so I can simply pick "PS5 quality" and enjoy a higher frame rate than the current console can provide 😵

That already makes me very worried about the future quality of graphics quality, which I already was whenever upscaling was mentioned.
Yes, part of the pictures do look better, but others dont, especially "that is lower res" is ticking my dislike boxes pretty hard.
In the end I hope the Pro still offers both of the original PS5 performance modes, so I can simply pick "PS5 quality" and enjoy a higher frame rate than the current console can provide 😵
A snapshot of an early build months out from release doesn't tell us a great deal. For starters we already know PD will have at least two PS5 Pro modes, 4K/60/RT and 8K/60 (I would hope!). I'd expect an improved 120FPS mode as well. Secondly, we know PSSR has already undergone numerous updates to improve image quality. Lastly, things like internal resolutions will be optimised until the last moment. That's the beauty of an AI upscaler, PD can tailor graphical quality, resolution and framerates to deliver modes ti suit everyones needs.

Back