Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Pro Update: 8K Graphics, Real-Time Ray-Tracing On Track

• Thread starter Famine
  • 509 comments
All OLED screens are LG displays and only Samsung make the QLED, which is the best I've seen on a TV you can buy off the shelf

Both samsung and sony have good images too. I just found that they both put too much of a look onto things for me. Lg seemed more reflective of how things were shot

I see that little comment about the Lexus minivan in the article. Is it just that twitter user referring to the Alphard, or is something going on here?

I wouldn’t recommend that one as it doesn’t support 60fps - the 2024 model does I believe

Edit: any models with the Gen2 or Gen3 processors support more than 50fps at 8k - but I can't find one on Amazon for less than £2,000
I dont think they offered the 55" in the 2024 D series.
If you search YT you can find videos of how with PC even the B series models supported 8K 60Hz
Needs to be a specific HDMI socket and "Game Mode" IIRC

I own the B series, livingroom but have not tried it with PC as use that with the 57" G9 monitor (Dual 4K) in spare room.
In UK the 55" C series is available for @£800 they dont sell that well, hench why the price drops. Most dont know it can be a 8K monitor though.

It is unlikely GT7 update via PS5 PRO renders at native 8K but clearly will show improved detailing over the original version of the game which also likely renders below 4K and then upscales to that. So its possible that now the PRO update renders at 4K (without RT) but is then output at 4K native or then upscaled to 8K.

That would mean it can be experienced also on 4K Tvs to offer some additional increase in image sharpenss but, still should look sharper on a 8K TV.

Sony do not have an affordable 8K TV nor does LG.
The Samsung 55" C is your best option currently and if sellers get a wiff of increased demand, then expect prices to rise.

Last edited:
Plenty of TVs have 4 HDMI 2.1 ports, including all LG OLED TVs from the past few years.
Be sure to read the manuals carefully before you purchase a TV. often certain settings have to be setup and only certain ports have full capabilities.
1727748962839.png

For those who can afford the Pro, great for you.
I have no bad feelings towards you for it.

Personally, I am perfectly fine with the ways things are right now with GT7 graphically.

I will get GT8 whenever it comes out....
But I hope it doesn't come out until late 2027,
And if it comes out earlier, great for you all, I will not upgrade until 2028, because honestly I am have upgrade fatigue. It's just me.

For those who can afford the Pro, great for you.
I have no bad feelings towards you for it.

Personally, I am perfectly fine with the ways things are right now with GT7 graphically.

I will get GT8 whenever it comes out....
But I hope it doesn't come out until late 2027,
And if it comes out earlier, great for you all, I will not upgrade until 2028, because honestly I am have upgrade fatigue. It's just me.
I hope there is never another version, having to restart is the only thing that fatigues me. If they keep adding features, quality, enticements to attract more players who aren't playing, and occasionally a new car or track, I'd be much happier and be fine paying even for a subscription.

But paying money to have to start grinding all over again, that's really worse than work. People pay me money to work. I will gladly pay others to make me happy. Things have gone sideways recently and folks seem to miss this simple basic understanding.

I'd gladly restart if the game had the open-ended early game like older GTs. Picking your starter car and making your way through the early sections is my favorite part, and the railroading at the beginning of GT6 and the entirety of GT7 was a letdown for me.
Same for me. It was the open world that made GT GT. I think Kaz has forgotten that.

Just how good is GT 7? Worth getting a PS5 Pro just for it?

Better than FM23 in terms of car audio and physics? Graphics I don't care about much. Both have good visuals.

GT7 is my only game for the ps5, for me it was great and worth it until I "finished the career mode".
Since then I'm feeling a little bit of buyers remorse (ps5 & wheel, less for the tv since I can use it for movies etc.) and disappointment (gt7 single player content) :D

Whoa, the new PS4 Pro is really making GT7 look better.....opps sorry I meant PS5.

Oh...wait...this is PS5 Pro. Right..........

Jokes aside, I'm still playing GT7 PS4 version on my PS5 since I hate the dualsense and the graphics look plenty good for me. I don't see the appeal of better graphics anymore. The focus should be about making fun games like Astrobot and Frame rate.

I'd gladly restart if the game had the open-ended early game like older GTs. Picking your starter car and making your way through the early sections is my favorite part, and the railroading at the beginning of GT6 and the entirety of GT7 was a letdown for me.
THIS!!! Call it my fault if need be, but I was mislead into believing this is what GT7 was going back too. Fake cafe's and menu books are NOT a return to the original concept.

Whoa, the new PS4 Pro is really making GT7 look better.....opps sorry I meant PS5.

Jokes aside, I'm still playing GT7 PS4 version on my PS5 since I hate the dualsense and the graphics look plenty good for me. I don't see the appeal of better graphics anymore. The focus should be about making fun games like Astrobot and Frame rate.
How comes you don't like the DS5?

Better than FM23 in terms of car audio and physics? Graphics I don't care about much. Both have good visuals.

If you view gt7’s single player as a warm up to online racing, then yes. Its great fun. I only play gt7,and only in vr with a wheel and enjoy playing daily for about a year and a half now. Is online perfect? Gosh no. Is it a little dirty. Sure sometimes..but it doesn’t look much worse than a wec or imsa race.

Is online perfect? Gosh no. Is it a little dirty. Sure sometimes..but it doesn’t look much worse than a wec or imsa race.
Are you joking? Think of us poor B and C drivers who have to put up with people who have forgotten where the brake pedal is or left/right as soon as the race starts! Online races are dirty in GT7 and in my experience the winner is the one who can escape the most penalties

Are you joking? Think of us poor B and C drivers who have to put up with people who have forgotten where the brake pedal is or left/right as soon as the race starts! Online races are dirty in GT7 and in my experience the winner is the one who can escape the most penalties

Not at all.

And i spend a good amount of time in b and c, as i prefer to keep my hobbies, hobbies, and not a job which needs time and management put in. Anyway, most of my races are decently clean in the b and c lobbies. Crossover races, for example breaking into the b’s has always been sweaty but sticking to race c dodges many of the dirty try hards. You have to accept that short races practically encourage dirty driving as the likely hood of recovering from a wreck is unrealistic. Hence, the most efficient way to win in B is to cheat(wreck). That said, recently ive had some of my best, cleanest, and most exciting racing fighting for 6 or 7th after being crashed out of 2nd early on. Then again, i just enjoy tight racing with people and don’t really care about dr except as a matchmaking device.

Probably worth mentioning that I only drive in vr and subsequently have good spatial awareness. I find when you drive with respect you usually get it. That said, if someone pops me in the nose im not above returning the sentiment with a haymaker.

Anyway, that was a long winded way of saying that there are plenty of respectful, fun races every day in dr c as well as b. And honestly, even bad races beat the pants off of single player which pretty much teaches people to be doorbanging jackwagons.

GT7 is my only game for the ps5, for me it was great and worth it until I "finished the career mode".
Since then I'm feeling a little bit of buyers remorse (ps5 & wheel, less for the tv since I can use it for movies etc.) and disappointment (gt7 single player content) :D
Get yourself into the dailies! I literally race one track all week and by the time the weekend comes, your knowledge of the track evolves and races are immensely enjoyable and close 👌

I find that sport races, while variable at times, often reflect your own style of trying. I'm not saying you do, and I do think the euro lobbies are worse that the Americas lobbies - perhaps due to some national rivalries, but if you drive like a complete gorilla then other players will often treat you the same. Conversely, driving firm but respectfully, will often yield respect from others if they understand that you are a driver they can trust.

The caveat here is that driving is very dependent on time of day and week. I tend to avoid anything after 9pm of a Friday/Saturday now. They often never end well....
GT7 isn't worth buying any console for
I disagree. GT7 is the only thing I play on PS5 and I ordered the PS5Pro, again only for GT7.

The key with GT7 is that it is very accessible, particularly in PSVR2 which I use exclusively now. With the PSN outage yesterday I tried to use Automobilista2 on PC which I also have and I tend not to use it as the interface and navigation is awful and the VR is just hard to use. It is not accessible for a new user. Perhaps it is better in the long run when figuring it out but I don't want to have a phD in tuning or peripheral set up in order to drive a Porsche around Road America, or have 50 different configurable settings that won't work with the limited buttons on my wheel..

Consequently, I keep going back to GT7... Anyway when GT8 comes out, or if they have a Sport version again or a Prologue, I will probably get those...

Last edited:
GT7 isn't worth buying any console for
My nearly 800 hours spent would respectfully disagree. Each to their own but despite the flaws this has been some of the most fun I've had in a GT.

I've also become the proud owner of a Pro preorder. Now to find a disc drive from somewhere.

Edit: if anybody in the UK needs a disc drive, John Lewis are back in stock.

Last edited:
I find that sport races, while variable at times, often reflect your own style of trying. I'm not saying you do, and I do think the euro lobbies are worse that the Americas lobbies - perhaps due to some national rivalries, but if you drive like a complete gorilla then other players will often treat you the same. Conversely, driving firm but respectfully, will often yield respect from others if they understand that you are a driver they can trust.
it's very easy to blame me, for others' bad driving. But even when I watch YouTube videos of races I'm not in, I still see it. I've yet to see/enter a race at Monza without a collision at the first corner - which is a shame as it's one of my faves. Or turn 3 (and somewhat 4) at Red Bull Ring. I'm chasing 3 invite cars, am a working dad so can rarely spare more than an hour a day and usually stop after I've got my 42km and I'd love to spend that online rather than the chase the rabbit races but alas... I'm drifting way off topic

You can upgrade for 10 bucks to the ps5 version. It’s worth it. Ps5 version runs in native 4K with around 80-90 fps (if your tv supports it). Even the dualsense features are absolutely worth it.

Last edited:
I will most likely upgrade to the ps5 pro but GT7 as much as I like this game isn’t one of the reasons for it. The real time RT reflections are a nice tech showcase but it’s not worth the new console.
I’m looking for the upgrades and a more stable framerate like Jedi Survivor, Dragons Dogma and Alan Wake 2 for example.
Furthermore it will be the best console to play GTA 6 after it‘s release, not talking about all the ports coming the generations ahead :)

Back