Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Pro Update: 8K Graphics, Real-Time Ray-Tracing On Track

• Thread starter Famine
  • 482 comments
All OLED screens are LG displays and only Samsung make the QLED, which is the best I've seen on a TV you can buy off the shelf

Both samsung and sony have good images too. I just found that they both put too much of a look onto things for me. Lg seemed more reflective of how things were shot

I see that little comment about the Lexus minivan in the article. Is it just that twitter user referring to the Alphard, or is something going on here?

I wouldn’t recommend that one as it doesn’t support 60fps - the 2024 model does I believe

Edit: any models with the Gen2 or Gen3 processors support more than 50fps at 8k - but I can't find one on Amazon for less than £2,000
I dont think they offered the 55" in the 2024 D series.
If you search YT you can find videos of how with PC even the B series models supported 8K 60Hz
Needs to be a specific HDMI socket and "Game Mode" IIRC

I own the B series, livingroom but have not tried it with PC as use that with the 57" G9 monitor (Dual 4K) in spare room.
In UK the 55" C series is available for @£800 they dont sell that well, hench why the price drops. Most dont know it can be a 8K monitor though.

It is unlikely GT7 update via PS5 PRO renders at native 8K but clearly will show improved detailing over the original version of the game which also likely renders below 4K and then upscales to that. So its possible that now the PRO update renders at 4K (without RT) but is then output at 4K native or then upscaled to 8K.

That would mean it can be experienced also on 4K Tvs to offer some additional increase in image sharpenss but, still should look sharper on a 8K TV.

Sony do not have an affordable 8K TV nor does LG.
The Samsung 55" C is your best option currently and if sellers get a wiff of increased demand, then expect prices to rise.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back