Gran Turismo 7 Spec II Revealed: Upgraded GT Sophy AI, New Snow Track, New Cars, and More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,041 comments
Quick race only. No career, no custom race. I'm personally really disappointed with this, but who knows, maybe in the future...
I'm guessing Sophy's still learning the intricacies of pit strategy. I will note that, at least on the PS5, the difficulty meter of a custom race can't be maxed out.

not looking for improvements in online you see, for me, this is indication that mr. Kazunori-san can give the people the great updates that gt7 needs, and more of these entrees served by chef Yamauchi would be coming if they finaly abandon the sport mode, just dont bother adding it to gt8, those people have never any respect for the history of gt that is why instead of asking more single player they want bop, or they want every gt3 car in world instead of road cars that gt is known for, and that comment by angel the gt esports player on twitter is even more proof this guy and the other esports sweats have not a ounce of respect for the series. but spec ii is what we needed, only focus on single player
Nonsense.

The forced assists double for each additional player. :lol:
76954dfb-1324-4e03-bb89-3dbcf386d6d7_text.gif

Something for everyone here. Really curious about the specifics of the how the new Paddock system works. Meeting Places were just 24/7 static open lobbies that were available for each track in the World Map. Where does this new "Paddock" system fit within this original setup? Is there still a unique "Paddock" lobby open for each track? Is it still an open racing lobby or is it only this new chat UI now?

Also, does Sophy integration apply to the entire 20 car grid as implied by the trailer? Or is it a mixed grid of Sophy and standard AI? For the 9 supported tracks can do we get full custom race controls like "grid/rolling" starts, variable weather etc? Had Sophy adapted to different types of weather?

I have a lot of questions about this one but I'm supremely excited.

Oh, absolutely. I know Dragon Trail Seaside like the back of my hand because I hot lapped it so many times. It's probably my favorite fictional circuit since...Midfield? There's too many fictional GT tracks that I adore. :lol:

I like the more classic approach that GT had, even if it's functionally indifferent to the way the game currently is. The presentation is everything to me. Nostalgic? Perhaps.
I feel like that new event directory is bringing back that "classic" GT style of managing events, so if you want to build a car for a specific event type you can go and race all of those events, rather than searching across the map for them

I feel like that new event directory is bringing back that "classic" GT style of managing events, so if you want to build a car for a specific event type you can go and race all of those events, rather than searching across the map for them
It basically is which is why I'm pretty happy to see it, though disappointed its not like.. the default way to navigate events. Looks like a sub-menu. But yea, that's how I liked it in GT2. Here are all the Station Wagon races cough Here are all the FWD/RWD/AWD/Euro/American etc etc races. And so you could sooooort've stretch the thought to say its like a championship for those cars, except its just individual races. So its not lol Almost though.

Of course, I wish it was dressed up/organized a little better if it was the default view. Again.. Like GT2. Because its the best. But have a section for

Spec Series (Spec Miata/FRZGR86/E30/Clio Cup/Carrera Cup/Ferrari 355/360/430/458 cups etc, with Club/Regional/International event tiers. Maybe 200-600pp stuff)
Nationals (i.e. SCCA or NASA.. Whatever organizations are in other parts of the world. Club level racing. General series around production-based cars but limited to tracks in their respective area i.e. America/Euro/Japan. Think NASA's American Iron, SCCA Nationals etc. Like 300-600pp stuff)
FIA Racing (Races built around Group A/Group B/Group C/GT-1/Prototypes etc. on a global scale. 500-900pp?)
Exhibition (The weird or I guess very specific stuff. VW vans, truck races, station wagons, AWD, FWD, convertibles etc for the kinky people)
Classic/Vintage or "Goodwood World Tour" etc (Pre-1970s stuff. Trans Am, Vintage GT, Le Mans etc. 200-800pp?)
Formula (Series using different tiers of open wheeled race cars)
Rally (Because they keep trying to do it for some reason)
Endurance (I didn't want people to think I didn't have them but.. I think they would fit better if the races were actually in with their respective series/class menu. So 24 hours of Le Mans would have separate races because obviously its existed for a long time, thus individual races for 60s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, current)

GT2-GTF.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
not looking for improvements in online you see, for me, this is indication that mr. Kazunori-san can give the people the great updates that gt7 needs, and more of these entrees served by chef Yamauchi would be coming if they finaly abandon the sport mode, just dont bother adding it to gt8, those people have never any respect for the history of gt that is why instead of asking more single player they want bop, or they want every gt3 car in world instead of road cars that gt is known for, and that comment by alex lopez the gt esports player on twitter is even more proof this guy and the other esports sweats have not a ounce of respect for the series. but spec ii is what we needed, only focus on single player
Yeah co-existence isn’t possible, all for the holy single player, nothing else matters!

No. Sophy functions in Arcade race, which will now be Quick race, where you only set the time of day.
I suppose this is the next logical step after February's "Race Together" event but still a long way from my dream of being able to race this AI in all conditions. I suspect we won't see that level of integration until GT8 as that would be a really great feature to put on the back of the box.

I suppose this is the next logical step after February's "Race Together" event but still a long way from my dream of being able to race this AI in all conditions. I suspect we won't see that level of integration until GT8 as that would be a really great feature to put on the back of the box.
It seems likely to happen eventually but some way to go yet, no doubt.

As long as you have a PS5 - Sophy isn't making it to the last-gen console.
Oh sweet I'll re download it on the ps4 then and delete it off the 5 I'm not a fan of any kind of ai
SOPHY 2.0
Useless.
Give us some Long/Endurance Races...
Hopefully this SOPHY thing will not to be the only Update.
Agreed waste of time and money they still don't get it

I'm guessing Sophy's still learning the intricacies of pit strategy. I will note that, at least on the PS5, the difficulty meter of a custom race can't be maxed out.
Sophy will in all likelihood be trained at specific tracks at specific conditions with specific (default) setups for cars. That's why it will not be able to be used in custom races (too many variables). The way it is described, my guess is that it will select opponent cars depending on the car you're in, and maybe also according to a difficulty you select - it could simply select cars closer to the PP of your car the higher the difficulty.

That's how it was done in the temporary trial earlier this year, and that's how I expect it to work now.

not looking for improvements in online you see, for me, this is indication that mr. Kazunori-san can give the people the great updates that gt7 needs, and more of these entrees served by chef Yamauchi would be coming if they finaly abandon the sport mode, just dont bother adding it to gt8, those people have never any respect for the history of gt that is why instead of asking more single player they want bop, or they want every gt3 car in world instead of road cars that gt is known for, and that comment by alex lopez the gt esports player on twitter is even more proof this guy and the other esports sweats have not a ounce of respect for the series. but spec ii is what we needed, only focus on single player
There is absolutely no reason why both can’t coexist.

Online is the future. Sport mode is a muz imo.

Single player needs to completed in GT7 though.

I only play single player in this game and actually hate online for various reasons but really because I've had such irritating experiences with other drivers. It really boils down to a select few but those few can ruin the whole enjoyment. ....for me at least.

I take that stance with a lot of games as I just don't really care to deal with randoms most of the time which is why I prefer co-op multiplayer vs. PvP. If GT7 had an option to race with friends mixed with say the default or (even better) Sophy AI, I would be all over it.

Now, having said that, I'm going to say you're completely wrong. Sport Mode, like it or not, is now an integral part of Gran Turismo. IMO, there is room enough for both SP and PvP in this game. GT obviously made the mistake with GT Sport going the opposite way with the franchise which is why they made changes to bring back the SP fans. GT7 caters to both which I think was the right call.

In either case, I welcome the challenge Sophy will bring especially for those of us playing solo.

Jim Ryan leaving Sony also correlates with all the studios making ****** GAAS games getting hit with lay offs.

I have always said sony pushed PD to make the game this way but you know.. Detractors here know better and just ignore what's being blatantly pushed by sony in all their other games.

Spiderman god of war , ghost of Tsushima and Horizon all performed gang busters and had no GASS services. Bungie just got hit with layoffs and they openly admit Destiny 2 has been underperforming.
TLOU2 Factions got canceled , it's all but confirmed.

Very excited to see the '68 Charger, as well as having the 400R and LFA returning. The snow course was unexpected, but it's something different so i welcome it.

Last edited:
I recall Nenkai tweeted this a few months ago: "If we do see the track that i'm thinking about you'll be either disappointed and surprised. It's unusual, this is all I can say for now before it get released."

It's good to see a new track after 8 months but I wish it'd have been a track that could be used by all the cars in the game, not just ones that can equip dirt/snow tires.

Detractors here know better and just ignore what's being blatantly pushed by sony in all their other games.
Wait, are we supposed to assume you know better? You've brought up some completely hot takes that have been shut down left and right on multiple area's of this forum, that you've end up abandoning after being proved wrong.
Spiderman god of war , ghost of Tsushima and Horizon all performed gang busters and had no GASS services. Bungie just got hit with layoffs and they openly admit Destiny 2 has been underperforming.
TLOU2 Factions got canceled , it's all but confirmed.
Well I mean that makes sense, no? GAAS seem to target games that, at the very least, have a decent multiplayer focus for the most part it seems. That said, doesn't mean all Single Player focused games are going to be hitting it out of the ballpark just because its not that.

Last edited:
Jim Ryan is now retired so now Kaz can do a game he always wanted. A Single Player oriented game.

Jim was pushing for online content/game as a service.
In its most basic form (a game that is a platform that gets incremental improvements and content over time) PD have been "games a service" since GT5 Prologue in 2008, it's hardly a new or imposed direction for them.

Fantastic looking update. Not only do we (finally) get the LFA, but the 400R, GT3RS and 190 Evo are amazing additions!

And it's good to see Sophy back, makes such a difference.

Very interesting update!

Could have been better though...:D

Just remove the stupid invitation thing!!!!! 🤬
I finally got the Bugatti invite and bought my lovely black and red Veyron. It's been like 19 months of waiting 😅

I really believe this game might be given a second life and that snow track puts me in an early Christmas mood. Lovely ❤️

Last edited:
Really the biggest update so far and very pleased with it! Fingers crossed that we can use special paints on decals and that carbon fiber can also be treated like paint and not material; please be an undocumented change!

(If not it’s ok, won’t diminish this update at all 😊)

Okay, probably a really dumb question but the new Porsche 911 GT3 RS '22 is just the road going car right, and not a Gr.3 car as GT defines them?

Last edited:
Back