Gran Turismo 7 Spec II Revealed: Upgraded GT Sophy AI, New Snow Track, New Cars, and More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,041 comments
Great to see these updates. Stoked for new events.

Personally, I’m a bit irritated at the single track inclusion (a rally stage no less), but on the whole this looks like just what the game needs.

Looking forward to digging in.

#pessimisticoptimism

This update is most definitely a response to the release of Forza Motorsport. The best part is that all the events are grouped together in a much more orderly fashion, so you don't have to stuff around going from track to track in the World Map. PD obviously realised that the menus were far too convoluted. Thank goodness they have because for a while there I though the devs had forgotten what proper game design looks like. This really is a pleasant surprise, apart from a snow track that I hardly care about.

What grid? People seem to confuse early 90’s DTM with the Group A racing of the mid to late 80’s. To my knowledge, the 190E 2.5-16 Evo II never raced outside DTM.

And yes, when it comes to to Group A, we’re missing a few cars. For example, the Volvo 242 Turbo, BMW 635 CSi, Rover SD1 Vitesse, Ford Mustang 5.0 GT and Holden Commodore SS.
Group A was the name of the touring car regulations the DTM used until they switched to the Class 1 formula in 1993, so all DTM cars until that time were Group A cars.

Last edited:
I haven’t been here in a while. As someone who plays GT7 mainly for the single player, this update is going to be great. There’s a lot of races and I am really looking forward in doing the new weekly challenges. I only play this game once a month when a new update drops with new races. Now with the addition of weekly challenges, this will give me a reason to come back more often than before. As for my thoughts on Event Directory menu, this is a huge plus for me because it’s so annoying to forget which new races are in what track.

That info is off the PlayStation Blog post about the update.

As for the last set of questions, the multiplier (which we don't have full details on, though it will be somewhere over 220% for those with maxed-out Collector Levels and Circuit Experience progress) appear to apply to the renamed Quick Races only, no matter the AI or difficulty.
Thanks for the answer Eggstor, I'm a bit disappointed on the increased payouts not including custom race mode, but that's still better than nothing I guess.

I wonder if CE completion as used to compute prize money means # of CE's simply bronzed or factors in the gold and silver medals too?

So after some minutes on X/Twitter, the players more focused on competitive are hating the update and the players more focused on single mode are happy, it feels like a civil war on the responses XD

So after some minutes on X/Twitter, the players more focused on competitive are hating the update and the players more focused on single mode are happy, it feels like a civil war on the responses XD
I've been focused mostly on Sport Mode for the last few months and I still love the additional races (especially the "advanced" ones), license tests, weekly events... It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Good update. I especially can't wait for the Charger and 190E.

My only concern is that Weekly Challenges will become the only way to get new exclusive cars in the future, like Festival Chorelist, but they'll probably never go that route.
In the screenshot on the PS blog, it looks like the weekly challenge reward is a roulette ticket, but I hope that small but nice rewards like this will continue in the future.
Today's games are full of bad style FOMO that "punishes you for not playing the game", but players only have a finite amount of time available to them...

The Starion that was reported on some time ago, had an entry in Australian Group A touring cars.
Other than that, GT2-GT6 have the Opel Hatch and Lotus Carlton road cars, that fit into DTM.

The '88 Supra is in the UCD for those that haven't bought it. Plus, both R32s. The Sprinter Trueno is available as well.

We're just missing the Audi V8 and a proper Holden GrA special. I'll add the R31 Skyline GTS-R, in the datamine.
Ah yessss, the Starion. Of all the cars I forget exists, yet it was my first car lol That'd be awesome. Really hope they put the late production model in and not the narrow body or just the weird rally car. Love the Carlton as well.

And entirely irrelevant to that but I recently realized I'd love to have the 996 Turbo (or I guuuuessss the GT2 would be acceptable lol) in this. Almost got a very fast ride in one the other night. Maybe next time.

Last edited:
So these new weekly challenges…

Are they going to consist of events that are already currently in the game? Or are they going to be seperate, newly curated events…or a combination of both.

And even though it’s a footnote tgat will unfortunately get overlooked. I LOVE what Polyphony Digital has done in regards to changing the “meetup” lobbies into a virtual car meet. I’ll be curious to see if they enable the player to walk around like you can in photo mode, or in the garage in VR. Personally I think this is huge towards spreading and preserving car culture to the younger generations.

Player with no previous automotive culture interaction goes to a virtual car meet and interacts —-> same player starts looking online for real car shows and car meets to attend in person.

Brilliant.
This is why it would be insane to actually have players try one another’s cars in such a meeting place.

Or add a stock early model (narrow body) to the game and allow a wide body conversion to a late model.
Ehhh but then the stock wheels would be different and, I'm not an expert but, I thought the narrow bodies had the early 4G motor and then the late model went to the G54B? At least thats how I think it was in Japan. Did the early ones have a weird digital dash?

..of course, they could always just add both :P

Last edited:
So much hype going on that nobody noticed the Toyota GT-One+35 in the Meeting Place screenshot
Classic Tv Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Good update. I especially can't wait for the Charger and 190E.

My only concern is that Weekly Challenges will become the only way to get new exclusive cars in the future, like Festival Chorelist, but they'll probably never go that route.
In the screenshot on the PS blog, it looks like the weekly challenge reward is a roulette ticket, but I hope that small but nice rewards like this will continue in the future.
Today's games are full of bad style FOMO that "punishes you for not playing the game", but players only have a finite amount of time available to them...
I don't think weekly challenges will become a way to get exclusive cars/liveries. It's likely a response to the trash roulette system

Group A was the name of the touring car regulations the DTM used until they switched to the Class 1 formula in 1993, so all DTM cars until that time were Group A cars.
Sure, but there’s not one specific Group A grid. The grids looked very different over the years, and they varied between different countries/championships.

Last edited:
Looks like a good healthy update with lots of content, personally I’d like some extras in the online if poss, especially with gt sport being killed off in Jan I’d argue we could cope with 2 sets of dailies, because that’s what I’ve had since gt7 came out alongside gt sport. An ice track? Doesn’t excite me at all, either does extra offline stuff. Don’t want to seem ungrateful however 😁

I had completely forgot that I haven't done any of the last few updates new races. Now that my wisdom teeth and my foot feel better, I could finally hop in and do the Formula at Autopolis tonight. That was an excellent race in my motion sim. I am excited for the new license tests though, NGL, probably more excited about this update than I should be.

Jerome

Stand-alone races are meh, I and many others want championships
Yes, because that would help with the boring credit grind at the moment.
If they add 2 or 3 championships in different classes with 5 races, Sophy AI and a nice championship bonus at the end, grinding credits could actually be a lot of fun.

It's 10PM here, maintenance starts at 11. Only 1 hour. ;)

Getting some grinding in beforehand for the new cars. Got 2mil right now, but who knows if that'll be enough what with 7 cars this time.

Last edited:
Back