Gran Turismo 7 Spec II Revealed: Upgraded GT Sophy AI, New Snow Track, New Cars, and More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,041 comments
A bit disappointed...

New track : It's a new track, but... drive a bit tomorrow, and forget it next week.
Sophy : Not a bad entrance, I saw it is in Arcade mod, but is it available in Custom mod ?

I don't think, I hope I'm wrong, these new "Weekly races" will not pay as much as we expect.

Ok I kind of get you. I don't have such a task based approach to GT. Imo it was never a 'linear' game. Sometimes I just pick a car and take it around Nürburgring, simply because I felt like it.
Oh, absolutely. I know Dragon Trail Seaside like the back of my hand because I hot lapped it so many times. It's probably my favorite fictional circuit since...Midfield? There's too many fictional GT tracks that I adore. :lol:

I like the more classic approach that GT had, even if it's functionally indifferent to the way the game currently is. The presentation is everything to me. Nostalgic? Perhaps.

in other words we need censorship of negative nancies asap, its getting out of hand, there is 0 reason to complain about gt7 anymore with spec ii, and anyone saying bUt SpOrT mOdE should go back to gt sport or realise gran turismo will always be a single player series first and formost and stop trying to ruin gt with more esports, sport mode is the worst and brought in many esports people with no respect for the history of gran turismo so that why they complain here

absolute at this point gt must only focus on single player additions like spec ii and we get everything we ever wanted, let those esports sweats leave and gt will be back to good old days, so far this update is a throwback to good old days of single player gran turismo focus, I praise mr. chef Kazunori-san for delivering the goods
Just be patient and wait for the whole changelog tomorrow. Improvements for sport mode/online mode in general are never to be seen in the trailer or in the news article on gran-turismo.com.

The Weekly Challenges is a great idea, but for 5.000 cr? Or are they gonna change the X Star Roulette ticket = 5.000 cr thing?

we need censorship
we-dont-do-that-here-black-panther.gif

Oh, absolutely. I know Dragon Trail Seaside like the back of my hand because I hot lapped it so many times. It's probably my favorite fictional circuit since...Midfield? There's too many fictional GT tracks that I adore. :lol:

I like the more classic approach that GT had, even if it's functionally indifferent to the way the game currently is. The presentation is everything to me. Nostalgic? Perhaps.
You're nostalgic for a reason though, if they didn't get it so fundamentally right in those classic GT games you wouldn't yearn for it. Also it wouldn't have been replicated by so many wanabe GT clones afterwards. It was a progression system that just worked, and they moved away from that because...I don't honestly know.

Still new to GT7 but loving the QOL updates, some of the things from the past I wasn't fully liking. Also glad to see things like updates to the Photomode, I got ridiculously tired of T10 practically leaving the photomode in their game completely untouched for generations(even reverting features from recent games), it is in need of a massive overhaul for years now, so seeing something as simple as that here ticks the right boxes for me.

Not 100 % sure, but would love if this update also had some new trophies. Although that is properly to much to ask for at this time :-)
I was wondering more whether trophies (like golding all license tests) will include the new license tests, or if one can still get the trophy from golding just the original licenses.

I'd be very surprised if it was the former, as I don't think I've seen an example of changing the conditions for a platinum trophy midway through a game's release.

I was wondering more whether trophies (like golding all license tests) will include the new license tests, or if one can still get the trophy from golding just the original licenses.

I'd be very surprised if it was the former, as I don't think I've seen an example of changing the conditions for a platinum trophy midway ithrough a game's release.
I don't see any new "DLC" trophy list on PSNProfiles. If they would add new trophies to GT7, the list would be known by now since the update comes tomorrow.

So, my own personal thoughts on GT7's Spec 2.0 update based on what we know.

- I already thought the car selection offered from this update is pretty good and it's the biggest number we were given since back in the December and February updates offered about a year ago each. Yeah, there's no race cars sure, which is a shame as I thought race cars were just as much of an association with GT as their road cars.
  • However, the road cars on offer are an amazing bunch such as the new Porsche 992 GT3 RS, Nismo 400R, 1968 Dodge Charger R/T, and Lexus LFA. I do adore the Porsche 911 and its crazy track variants, so the GT3 RS was a joyful addition for me. The Nismo 400R is a longtime nostalgia trip for me as the ultimate R33 Skyline and one of my favorite Skylines ever. I'm really surprised the Charger is the 1968 model as I expected the 1970 440 R/T from previous games to be picked, but I welcome the 1968 as it's become my favorite. I love the circular taillights that year had plus the cleaner front-end. There's also my love for it as being the baddie car in Bullitt, now PD just needs to add the 1968 Mustang GT as an opponent.
  • The Mercedes-Benz 190E Evo II is going to be a treat to drive like the other Gr.A road going cars in GT7, finally the last rival for the e30 M3 is here. I just hope PD doesn't include it in one of the new license tests and it involves following the GT-R Pace Car around the Nordschliefe. I don't need to go through that again.
- The only car I'm not excited about is the Tesla Model 3, which I know there's people asking for newer Teslas including the Model S Plaid, but I just have never been the most enthusiastic about this brand like how some people can be. EVs are also not my favorite thing in the world. I don't hate them and will drive one, I'm willing to give them a try as I'll probably have to. But I just feel mostly "meh" about them.
- The track choice is also something I'm not that excited about as I haven't cared the most about offroad racing in this game. I only put in the hours I did on Fisherman's Ranch for instance because I wanted to grind for money. Which became obs elate when those 4 events came in plus the circuit experience. I mean, I'm going to give it a try of course and I bet the snowy landscape will be fun for photomode, but I don't think I'll enjoy the driving on it. The last GT game I honestly enjoyed offroad racing was Gran Turismo 3 and I don't think that'll change anytime soon.
- Now having Sophy A.I. being a permanent addition in GT7, that's a great addition even if it's just for Arcade Mode. The bright side of that is that I get more motivation to try arcade mode as I think that'll provide a new fun challenge beyond the chase-the-rabbit races GT7 mostly has.
- The next highlight for Spec II is something I wanted for a while, new ways to earn roulette tickets and the weekly challenges are pretty close to what I had in mind. It'll be a joy to go back and repeat events in an effort to earn some new tickets that may result in better prizes. They remind me a lot of the seasonal events from GT5-6 and that's a good thing.
- Along with that, another thing I was wanting for a while was increased payouts for arcade mode including custom race mode. Once again, the way they're implementing the payout increases is pretty much inline with what I wanted. Making them based on how much circuit experiences I completed and my collector's level is a great idea. My only concern is if it's enough.
- More License Tests, I wasn't asking for them, but I at the same time am willing to take them on. Especially with that meaning I can earn more prize cars. Oh god, I hope there's no 1 lap guide runs.
- The other new features like split-screen multiplayer, the paddock, and improved photo mode options also sound quite nice. I don't know if I'll use them other than the new shutter speeds for photo mode, but I'll take that anyway.
- The menu books are of course one of the most "mid" things about the update, I don't get why they think people would like extra menus versus just making them new career mode challenges, but whatever.

Overall, it's definately the best update they have made in my opinion. I think some of the changes might actually motivate me to play GT7 more often again like I was at launch, but I of course won't truly know until tomorrow. I currently been working from home, so I'll be able to find time to enjoy myself on the update in the morning.

A bit disappointed...

New track : It's a new track, but... drive a bit tomorrow, and forget it next week.
Sophy : Not a bad entrance, I saw it is in Arcade mod, but is it available in Custom mod ?

I don't think, I hope I'm wrong, these new "Weekly races" will not pay as much as we expect.
The Weekly Challenges is a great idea, but for 5.000 cr? Or are they gonna change the X Star Roulette ticket = 5.000 cr thing?
Look at the screenshots. If you complete 1 of the 5 weekly events = 4-star ticket. 3 of the 5 = 5-star. All 5 events = 6-star.
These are cumulative rewards (so completing all 5 events gives you 3 tickets).

Even if you assume the minimum prize for every ticket every time - that's still ~600k for the 5 races. Not to mention the payout you get from the races themselves. How is that bad?

Attachments

• i1HWXCV3y1oB77c.jpg
    i1HWXCV3y1oB77c.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 4
Look at the screenshots. If you complete 1 of the 5 weekly events = 4-star ticket. 3 of the 5 = 5-star. All 5 events = 6-star.
These are cumulative rewards (so completing all 5 events gives you 3 tickets).

Even if you assume the minimum prize for every ticket every time - that's still ~600k for the 5 races. Not to mention the payout you get from the races themselves. How is that bad?
Do you think we get all the tickets when completing all races or just the 6-Star?

I'm guessing the Snowval will be Race A's destination next week, hopefully in rally cars instead of a meme truck or 959 or something.

Do you think we get all the tickets when completing all races or just the 6-Star?
As per the screenshot, it shows the 4* and 5* tickets as 'Acquired' but not the 6*, so that indicates that you will get each one in turn, so completing all 5 weekly events should bag you all three tickets.

I'm delighted with this, but frankly the rewards in the game have been woefully poor since Day 1 and needed to be fixed. This is a good and very welcome solution (unless I'm wrong :lol: )

Last edited:
OK, very quickly.

More variety in races generally, night races, entire wet races, quali before each race, pit times adjusted to allow for other strategies other than no-stopping, improvements to penalty system, improvements to BOP, better race information (who’s on what tyres, how old are they, interval times for the whole grid, etc).

I’d also like to see Sport mode feel more of an event. I miss the GT Sport fly-by of each car at the start. I’d like to see a podium with our avatars, maybe some awards for fastest lap, pole, most positions gained, etc.

Being able to spectate random Sport mode races would be brilliant too. Back in the PGR3 or 4 days, it was always a thrill to see “Your race is being featured on Gotham TV”.

And of course, better payouts for Sport mode.

Last edited:
As per the screenshot, it shows the 4* and 5* tickets as 'Acquired' but not the 6*, so that indicates that you will get each one in turn, so completing all 5 weekly events should bag you all three tickets.

I'm delighted with this, but frankly the rewards in the game have been woefully poor since Day 1 and needed to be fixed. This is a good and very welcome solution (unless I'm wrong :lol: )
Yeah you’re right, thanks👍
This is cool, that gives a motivation boost, the rewards can’t be all **** with 3 of those tickets😀

Back