Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.23 Now Available: Adds New Cars, Menu Books, Races, and Scapes

• Thread starter Famine
  • 805 comments
I don’t know how many times it needs to be said. PD are delivering monthly updates as agreed with Sony’s marketing department. We can set the clock by them and largely know how many cars are coming. Even what month tracks & track variations are due.

Forza Horizon 5 released in November ‘21 and had it’s first major (paid) update in July ‘22. ACC released in February ‘22 and will get its first major revision (and probably last) in September ‘22.

GT7 has been on the market for 6 months. We have no idea how extensive PD’s work is with regards to future updates. Spec 2.0, paid DLC, PSVR2, PC, movie tie-ins. All are highly probable. None would be expected so early in the games lifespan.
Do you not think any of these other companies would actually respond to user feedback and communicate with their playerbase, perhaps slightly increasing short-term update content to appease people?

There is no way Horizon 5 would let player outrage stay this high for so long. There is no way ACC would survive or remain as popular if they were running cars that were generations older than what they were supposed to be representing, as GT7 is doing.

They can do as little as add 2 more cars per month or, even easier, simply add some more events to appease a large portion of the masses. The fact they choose to do otherwise (especially with the events) is deliberately negligent of the player base at worst, and quite frankly, sheer incompetence at best.

Not a fan of EV's, but after a little research I'm looking forward to the ID.R.. And the S14 for the customization aspect and possible swap.

Momma said "If you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all" .. I'm trying momma!

Last edited:
For sure the worst update since game release.

No circuit and apparently nothing more substantial.

The silvia it's a nice addition, i prefer other S14 models but this is good, some regular non sport or hyper cars for the game.

The VW IDR, where is the Golf family, Jetta/passat, beetle last model? Maybe some people love the IDR, but for me this is just a random car with no sense in the game, useless, 2 o 5 laps in a time trial in some circuit, some photos and custom races maybe.

Porsche VGT...nothing more to say

Last edited:
Even EA with UFC 4 listens to the fanbase more and still gives free new content updates 2 years after, ****ing hell it isn't that hard.

Should sticky a thread:
HEAVENS TO MURGATROYD! THIS IS NOT THE PIKES PEAK ID.R. IT'S THE DANG GOODWOOD/NURBURGRING ID.R.

I stopped playing GT7 3 months ago and I used to do over 10 000km/month since release...while hoping the next update would make things better or as it was supposed to be in regards to cars and track at the minimum, at least in my mind or compared to some other games.

I got tired of getting disappointed monthly, so I stopped playing the game.

I still follow threads and news on GT planet in hopes things will get better.

Unfortunately the more it goes, the less the pattern changes in regards to updates.
Exact same boat I'm in. I really have no faith anymore, and it's gotten draining seeing the same routine every month where people say "maybe this month we'll get more than 3 cars and a track variant" like Charlie Brown thinking this time he'll finally kick the football.

Doesn't this just leave a bad taste in your mouth?

1664398621382.png

I'll be the combo breaker of this Thread.

I appreciate PD & Sony, & GT7 for what we can get. This game is about discovery, and challenging yourself to better that discovery. be it a track, a mission, a lap, a sector , a car , a (mis-)tune , a music replay , a gold drift time on a controller , a nope , a reservation for later, a random trophy earned, and more.

as a casual player on weekend mornings, I already have almost every car. yes I took some advantage back in the day to earn Tokyo credits in a Dodge fantasy car, but it also lent to knowing the Japanese track at the back of ones' hand for most all other cars to victory. Why do people that have more available time for this game than me, feel the need to sell in game cars? hone your driving skills, and collect circuit experience or weekly TT money. looking forward to every little update, and my only wishlist is for improved controller support, more focus on braking/throttle trigger inputs, and steering angles with the dualsense. wondering if the VW ID.4 will allow for a sub 2 minute LaSarthe laptime or not, (compared to Tomahawk)

Last edited:

I appreciate PD & Sony, & GT7 for what we can get. This game is about discovery, and challenging yourself to better that discovery. be it a track, a mission, a lap, a sector , a car , a (mis-)tune , a music replay , a gold drift time on a controller , a nope , a reservation for later, a random trophy earned, and more.

as a casual player on weekend mornings, I already have almost every car. yes I took some advantage back in the day to earn Tokyo credits in a Dodge fantasy car, but it also lent to knowing the Japanese track at the back of ones' hand for most all other cars to victory. Why do people that have more available time for this game than me, feel the need to sell in game cars? hone your driving skills, and collect circuit experience or weekly TT money. looking forward to every little update, and my only wishlist is for improved controller support, more focus on braking/throttle trigger inputs, and steering angles with the dualsense. wondering if the VW ID.4 will allow for a sub 2 minute LaSarthe laptime or not, (compared to Tomahawk)
Let me parry your combo breaker and finish you with a special move, this a forum of mostly hardcore players who have mastered all this same content in the previous game, and we've been treated to intense boredom and contrived playing practices by the developer for one reason they wanted to foist MTX on us. Enjoy your GT honeymoon and welcome to groundhog day.

The main proble to me is that we know they are capable of pull 10-7 cars and one track per month from GT Sport era, but definitely they are holding back content sticking to a questionable "live service" plan that has killed the game in less that 6 months, we are seeing the opposite way of GT Sport that went from "boring to pretty good" in a similar timeline :(

I don't care if it is a VGT car coming alongside other 7 cars and is not a cosmetic variation of an existing one, or getting recycled models from GT5/6 if there are other 6 news cars

Last edited:

It’s a great game in many areas. I got gold in everything and finished the solo content in under 20 hours of play time after it came out. It’s a live service game that gets these tiny updates and still lacks additional race events for months now beyond the stupid cafe crap and one time missions.

Last edited:
Even EA with UFC 4 listens to the fanbase more and still gives free new content updates 2 years after, ****ing hell it isn't that hard.
But you're getting free new content with GT7. And it's only been out 6 months. So you're right, it isn't hard because they're doing it...

Let me parry your combo breaker and finish you with a special move, this a forum of mostly hardcore players who have mastered all this same content in the previous game, and we've been treated to intense boredom and contrived playing practices by the developer for one reason they wanted to foist MTX on us. Enjoy your GT honeymoon and welcome to groundhog day.
I will now “Mercy” him from your finishing move, just so I can perform a proper “Fatality”. This game is not about discovery. Unless you’re like everybody else and discovered it’s terrible. It’s by far the most unbalanced, unfinished and broken GT game to date. They don’t even provide enough content for the monthly cars they release. You yourself even admitted to doing the first Tokyo glitch, so don’t act like acquiring the legendary cars is some easy task. This game shoves its middle finger in your face when it comes replay value vs payout. Multiplayer keeps getting worse. Not sure how they managed to pull that off. So we’re stuck with the same 3 races to grind over and over and over and over. And if you’re just a casual player that don’t have a lot of time to play each day, that 10-20 million dollar legendary car is pretty much a pipe dream, because by the time you do save enough to get it, the car list refreshes.

You know five people after this will still bring up the Pikes Peak car. You do know this, right? ;)
Add a zero to that.
A Toyota GR86 Gift for everybody :lol: :lol: :lol:
If they want to be cheap, the go-kart. If they just want to troll, a Fiat 500 F. Oh, and the Silvia S14 will not be taking one of the TWO 500 F slots in the UCD.
[INSERT STILL WAITING MEME HERE]

Jerome
Tom Petty once said the waiting is the hardest part.

And I'm just sooooo excited for the Silvia! Oh yeah baby, S14 mother***** Zenki. What I always wanted. What rival does the ID.R have?
Tomohawk? Laser beam car? Jaguar VGT?
I don't think any real world car(in stock configuration), in this game, will rival it around the 'Ring. Players will try though.

So how much HD space do you figure I need open for this to auto download overnight? Half the time with these updates I get an error message and I have to clear up some space.

Last edited:
We have no idea how extensive PD’s work is with regards to future updates.
This right here is a HUGE part of the problem in my eyes. Putting aside the persistent issues this game has, its the complete lack of communication that I find ridiculous.

There is no road map or communication whatsoever. Shouldn't a live service game give the player base at least a basic idea of what to expect in the future? Not "And update is coming next week".

Right now all the GT fanbase has got was a forced apology and lies. Yes, we did get the human comedy missions (why they are missions is beyond moronic) and the payouts of the latter half of the world circuit events was increased. We still can't sell cars, we (well those that are still playing) are still mechanically repeating the same races over and over, there are still no 24 hour races, and his malarkey about "accurate rewards based on time and completion" is still up for debate because the rewards are so wildly inconsistent across the muddled board that is world circuits.

Back