Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Now Available: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,229 comments

What's your favorite car in 1.36 (by any criteria you wish)?

• Chevrolet Corvette C1 '58

Votes: 50 20.1%
  • Maserati MC20 '20

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Toyota GR Corolla Morizo '22

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Toyota Himedic Ambulance '21

Votes: 72 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
500 cars wouldn’t really change much for the game. 250 events would change a huge amount for the game.
while i agree still it's very unlikely , if it was up to me i would have copy gt sport events into gt7 and it would have worked just fine

There is a game for you!!!!
Called Grand Theft Auto.
This year will be a 10th aniversary!!! It has a GT Online section also to play with other on line players!!!
I want helicopter’s, planes, trains, boats, space shuttles, hover crafts, tanks added in the next update. Is that too much to ask PD?

I'm still waiting for Bikes like they showed in this image back then.:(
View attachment 1276510
Looking at this photo I wonder why PD doesn't release the excellent Formula Gran Turismo 2004!!!! V10 Roars!!!!

Isn't there an ambulance or two in Beam NG Drive? I don't hear anyone complaining about that...

don't forget the Kubelwagen and Shwimmwagen :D
The place where I work is above an oldtimer museum, it doesn't have the "schwimmwagen" but an original, red Amphicar :D
(I'll have to take a look if I have somewhere a photo of it)

Can't really defend the Ambulance, just a waste of development time which will be used once and never be seen.again, if you already had a 1000 cars in the game then ok, it's nether iconic mor useful in a closed circuit racing game.

It's just seems to me that's theirs no plan from PD, cars are just randomly done, Alot of complaints could be silenced, with a simple formula regarding cars, If you're going to release 3 cars a month, a simple formula of one Road car, an iconic car (which could be either race or road) and a race car, would IMHO silence most of the moaning, including from me.

Considering the online portion of the game is built around GT3 there's been as many vans as new GT3, cars, in the last year. Just seems bonkers to me,

Pretty sure the ambulance will be the most popular car in the game for livery creators. We'll also get lots of meme races with 'em.

Personally I haze zero interest in US muscle cars, be it from the 50's upto the present day. But I understand there's a big community for them.

The GR Corolla will be one of my most used cars. The MC20 looks interesting as it's not massively overpowered like so many modern supercars.

For the next update I do think there needs to be a current Le Mans Hypercar, Super GT or GT3. Ideally supplemented by something like the classic GT-ONE. Seeing the wide variety of cars and newer models now coming to GT7. I'm pretty confident all the above will be delivered in the coming months.
I agree with your first couple of paragraph but don't have the confidence of them delivering on your final thoughts. I hope your predictions come true

Not even the Maserati makes you forget the ambulance. For those who use photography, the Hiace will be the car of choice.
Almost certainly there will be daily races with ambulances, a TT with ambulances, ambulances with 1000 HP.
It's just a pity there aren't fire trucks either.
As already mentioned here on the forum, spending resources on an ambulance when cars of another level are required, as for me, I preferred a Celica TA22 2-TG.

Can't really defend the Ambulance, just a waste of development time which will be used once and never be seen.again, if you already had a 1000 cars in the game then ok, it's nether iconic mor useful in a closed circuit racing game.

It's just seems to me that's theirs no plan from PD, cars are just randomly done, Alot of complaints could be silenced, with a simple formula regarding cars, If you're going to release 3 cars a month, a simple formula of one Road car, an iconic car (which could be either race or road) and a race car, would IMHO silence most of the moaning, including from me.

Considering the online portion of the game is built around GT3 there's been as many vans as new GT3, cars, in the last year. Just seems bonkers to me,

I agree with your first couple of paragraph but don't have the confidence of them delivering on your final thoughts. I hope your predictions come true
The last van added to the game got way more use than pretty much any other car added to the game since launch. Definitely not a waste

Update?Not in favor for oldtime player's at least.I don't even care about this "so called back to basic's game" anymore.No career mode,no cars from gt1-6 that many of us loved.So this game is sinking faster than titanic,exxon valdez and estonia.Please sony/pd and the rest of the dev's listen to the player's.....:yuck::grumpy::irked: Guess the only one's who is "buying gt8 alpha/beta" is/will be kid's....
I think you are forgeting that all cars has been made from scratch since gt sport so there is no way it could include cars in likes of gt5 and gt6 witch 800 of cars was ps2 models, so not really a fair complain, i didint see many people complain about gt3 and it had way less cars than gt7, the career is fair complaint through

one thing is for certain , people wont be satisfied unless they get a update with 500 cars and 250 racing events for free and even then you will find somebody complaining about one square being wrong or something :D
Nailed it.

I see the maintenance post is up at its normal Tuesday morning-ish time. I wonder if we get the trailer drop tomorrow at 2pm UTC (the usual time when an update is on a Thursday), or if it waits until Sunday so it's still 18 hours before release.

Ambulance is a perfect addition for Sport mode. All we need is this and we’re set.

IMG_0234.jpeg

I'm still waiting for the Ford Model T to come back, that thing was hysterical fun.....
Especially on Nurburgring; in stock form it wouldn't go up the hill but I had a cheat disc for my PS2......
Pull the right paddle and instant 300mph!

In a Model T:eek::eek:

I want more quirky/unusual cars.....
I have a high-end PC VR rig for 'proper racing'....

Gran Turismo is 'fun racing'

You forget or ignore, that the livery editor is a very popular an frequently used part of this game (same goes for the photo mode)-and there the ambulance will be one of the most used cars...so you first point is not true, that car will be used a lot!

You forget or ignore, that the livery editor is a very popular an frequently used part of this game (same goes for the photo mode)-and there the ambulance will be one of the most used cars...so you first point is not true, that car will be used a lot!
I doubt it will be used more or less than other cars in the game, Adding cars just for use in the livery editor as much as I enjoy it myself, is a waste of the 3 to 6 months of painstaking work to produce the model, especially the interior, the main focus of the game still remains closed circuit racing.

Any vehicle that’s featured in Best Motoring has every right to be part of Gran Turismo. With the tuning options we have in GT7 even the most mundane car can be transformed.

As for those saying the Ambulance will be forgotten as quickly as it’s released. By all means post screenshots of the trending liveries & videos shortly after release.

It’s a shame Sport mode players and online streamers are more interested in finding the meta car rather than enjoying different race cars on offer. The Subaru GT300 is one of the coolest, most unique, Gr.3 cars. But all you see is people gravitating to the same old models.

I would assume PD tracks car use data. If new Gr.3 cars aren’t getting as much use as new road cars. It’s no surprise they’re prioritising what the community is playing.

With all that said I’ll be happy if we get a few new Gr.3 cars. But there are far more interesting race cars they could add.

Last edited:
Why would Toyota want an ambulance in the game? They don't sell it to the general public. They have nothing to gain here. Kaz wants it in the game.
To showcase their impact on society and strenghten brand awareness. Like I said earlier, Toyota may have paid PD to add it.

Last edited:
The last van added to the game got way more use than pretty much any other car added to the game since launch. Definitely not a waste
One daily race and some admittedly great liveries is not really utilised, but it would be interesting to see what cars get used frequently, But I would put money on the fact the previous van will not be in the top if the list.

Their are a lot of car that gather dust, judge that as you will, but if your going to add something unusual at least make it an iconic model, like an original Ford F150 or a Mk1 Transit, not a ambulance

Any vehicle that’s featured in Best Motoring has every right to be part of Gran Turismo. With the tuning options we have in GT7 even the most mundane car can be transformed.

As for those saying the Ambulance will be forgotten as quickly as it’s released. By all means post screenshots of the trending liveries & videos shortly after release.

It’s a shame Sport mode players and online streamers are more interested in finding the meta car rather than enjoying different race cars on offer. The Subaru GT300 is one of the coolest, most unique, Gr.3 cars. But all you see is people gravitating to the same old models.

I would assume PD tracks car use data. If new Gr.3 cars aren’t getting as much use as new road cars. It’s no surprise they’re prioritising what the community is playing.

With all that said I’ll be happy if we get a few new Gr.3 cars. But there are far more interesting race cars they could add.

I league race, not so much Sports mode.
Your argument could be true, but the reason sport and online players use certain cars is the BOP
I recently run the GR10 in the Gr1 races we do, a new car give it a go, on every track its been slower then LMPs which in reality it is, and usually 2 seconds slower a lap, The fault is not the car, the fault it is shoe Horning together cars that, just should be in different classes. There only so much BOP can do.

Group 3 and 4 is what sport mode and most leagues are built around aswell as the flagship GT series Ironically they have examples of modern GT3 cars at the live events which ate not in the game And driving the same cars as in GTS

I doubt it will be used more or less than other cars in the game, Adding cars just for use in the livery editor as much as I enjoy it myself, is a waste of the 3 to 6 months of painstaking work to produce the model, especially the interior, the main focus of the game still remains closed circuit racing.
Still, that is pretty much a matter of personal taste...

I'd prefer an oddball car like that ambulance any time over just another Gr3/Gr4 or another hyper-sportscar in the game...

And when in comes to serving any taste, this update that we will get is one of the best and most diverse in a long time, because it serves most tastes and prefernces...

At least we now have the Clubman Plus events for a semblance of what a good career mode would look like.

Sport may have had a whole lot more events, but my GOD they were boring.
No, its a random put up mess. Honestly, I can't believe it what a shame most people forget what made GT career good in a first place, not gonna even talk about it, because it's quite frankly obvious

What a load of nonsense. "It's a disaster because new players joined! And complain they dare too in the most foulmouthed manner, unlike us learned elders of 'the holy series'. Slay them wherever you find them, I say! Show no mercy upon the infidels, unless they only play Cafe Mode and Music Rally like the good Lord commandeth!"

Oh well, at least in GT Sport weekly road car races actually counted, unlike in GT7.
GT Sport was my first Gran Turismo, I'm no "elder of the holy series". I have a lot of issues with GT7. Wacky cars is not one of them, because I still understand the series' history.

Back