Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Now Available: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,229 comments

What's your favorite car in 1.36 (by any criteria you wish)?

• Chevrolet Corvette C1 '58

Votes: 50 20.1%
  • Maserati MC20 '20

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Toyota GR Corolla Morizo '22

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Toyota Himedic Ambulance '21

Votes: 72 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have the impression that this selection of cars was supposed to land in September. Perhaps the movie delay had something to do with this and the order had to be changed. Update was delayed, two presented cars are gifts which will be distributed late August. All this look suspicious...
How is it suspicious? The cars are in this update, they're just locked behind esport nonsense until future updates. One for participating, one for watching and/or doing a quiz.

Where does it say that the movie is delayed? It’s not coming out on the 25th August anymore?
It was originally scheduled for August 11th. It was delayed to the 25th. We wrote about it:

Something about new circuit?
Could be, screenshots from the ambulance announcement show the icon that usually appears with track experience (yellow box with "...")
Screenshot_20230801-141523_X.jpg

MMX
As detailed in our article - and as with the Monaco event last year - it's a multiple choice question. You'll need to watch the stream to find out the answer (likely who qualified on pole, or won race two, or something) so you can provide the right answer.

However it's likely the answer will appear on here very quickly and you could also find out from race reports like the ones we write.

No. Predict the Winner/Bonus Campaign and the Viewers Campaign are different things.
I'm legitimately confused. Nowhere in PD's comms was it mentioned that we just have to answer questions like last year. All I can see is that we have to "watch the stream from this screen to earn an in-game reward."

Last year's screen, for example, specifically mentioned the quiz entry:
i1REDmrRq1betSB.png

Last edited:
I'm legitimately confused. Nowhere in PD's comms was it mentioned that we just have to answer questions like last year. All I can see is that we have to "watch the stream from this screen to earn an in-game reward."

Last year's screen, for example, specifically mentioned the quiz entry:
i1REDmrRq1betSB.png
I agree! The screenshot clearly states “watch live or archived” no mention of answering questions!

unless @Famine has some insider info we don’t?!

Last edited:
Do you think any of these cars will end up in the LCD? I'm off on vacation just before this drops and I would hate to miss a new car to then have to wait 4 months for it to reappear....

Do you think any of these cars will end up in the LCD? I'm off on vacation just before this drops and I would hate to miss a new car to then have to wait 4 months for it to reappear....
Pretty likely the C1 will. Depending on how long your vacation is you might be okay though, they usually hang around for a few weeks when HOT instead of the week or so they normally do.

Remote Play... :D

It's how I kept up with the prize tasks in Monaco (coincidentally) while being in Monaco :lol:

On this occasion I actually have less information than even regular people...

However I'm now also confused, so it's time for... equivocation!
Time to dig deeper into the mystery then

microscope-looking.gif

Pretty likely the C1 will. Depending on how long your vacation is you might be okay though, they usually hang around for a few weeks when HOT instead of the week or so they normally do.
12 day trip...
Remote Play... :D

It's how I kept up with the prize tasks in Monaco (coincidentally) while being in Monaco :lol:
Looks like I will be taking a PS5 controller with me and seeing how the internet lag from the UK to the US is. That should be good for racing right? :D

It'll probably just about manage to log in and allow me to navigate the LCD.. I have 17m cr so I would hope that will be enough.

12 day trip...

Looks like I will be taking a PS5 controller with me and seeing how the internet lag from the UK to the US is. That should be good for racing right? :D

It'll probably just about manage to log in and allow me to navigate the LCD.. I have 17m cr so I would hope that will be enough.
Maybe they’ll bring back B-spec Bob in this update to grind for you?

12 day trip...

You'll need somewhere around a 8 Mbps connection both at home (specifically, uplolad) and on the road (mostly download) to make Remote Play work. I didn't try racing when I had to use Remote Play, but a 4G cellular connection out in the boonies didn't exactly cut it.

If you're going to try to race, definitely take the DualSense. The touchscreen virtual controller was rather wonky on my phone even though I only used it for menu/GUI navigation. If you haven't used Remote Play before, run it at home first, remember to use Rest Mode instead of shutting off the PS5 both before you leave and while you're gone, and make sure you set the PS5 to wake up on LAN.

17 million Cr. should be more than enough. Upthread, I estimated the C1 at 350,000 Cr. and the Maserati at 300,000 Cr., with the HiMedic (which sounds like it won't be available for purchase on the 7th) at 125,000 Cr.

Going anywhere nice, or London?
South to see family, London, Cotswolds, York, Edinburgh. Pretty big trip…

I’m going to get GT7 withdrawal though. 😬

You'll need somewhere around a 8 Mbps connection both at home (specifically, uplolad) and on the road (mostly download) to make Remote Play work.
No worries there. I have synchronous 1GBps fiber.

It’s more where I’m staying….

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back