Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Now Available: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,229 comments

What's your favorite car in 1.36 (by any criteria you wish)?

• Chevrolet Corvette C1 '58

Votes: 50 20.1%
  • Maserati MC20 '20

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Toyota GR Corolla Morizo '22

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Toyota Himedic Ambulance '21

Votes: 72 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ya know..from a marketing perspective this release doesn’t make a ton of sense unless it’s a punt because of the SAG strike. Racing, and sim racing, are at an all time high. Subsequently, smart money would have released cars(and track!) which have tie in’s to the movie.
Ie. Watch the movie, buy the game, grab a car you saw in the movie, load up a track from the movie. Don your psvr2…become addicted.

Its literally shooting fish in a barrel.

The update should have been about capitalizing on new blood not the existing community, and a yuppie cruiser, a goofy hooptie, and a weird ambulance don’t make a ton of sense.

That said, if they update the vr’s hud this time and add a more movie centric update at the end of the month things will make more sense.
Totally agree. This is something I'll never understand.
Why they never do updates (cars, tracks, events) that are relevant to a big race/event that took place that month.
2 huge races at Mt. Panorama during the calendar year (12 hours and the 1000)
24 hr le mans
24 Nurb
24 Daytona
12 hr sebring (we need this track!!)
Petit Le mans, on and on...

And, yeah, the HUD thing in VR is so annoying.

GT could benefit from all the current F1 viewership and release a new 1 hour 1.5M high payout race with every update on an F1 track. That would make the users happy and bring in more. Then fix 2 player mode so new users can race eachother with Senna's old F1 car. But wait, that's too efficient of a use of what they already have.

Last edited:
I'm praying for this to be true.
When I was a teenager I lived in Montréal, Île des Sœurs to be exact...an island near the one where the circuit is. Every June I could hear the high pitched F1 cars from my window. And when the circuit was open to everyone, I could just take my bicycle and ride on it. Sweet memories.

I don't have access to the data of existing tracks so maybe this is accurate to how it normally looks, but one thing that makes me doubt that leak somewhat is that the in-game times don't tend to look like that.

They go Early Dawn, Dawn, Sunrise, Early Morning, Late Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Sunset, Twilight, Night, Midnight. Early dawn and midnight make sense as missing, since that would just mean the track lacks full 24 hours, but then it's also missing the two mornings, evening, and twilight.

And in those times, dawn and sunrise are usually separated by about 10-15 minutes, not half an hour.

They're also usually not such clean cutoffs.

I would know, because I sat in a car that had a working clock with time progression set to 0x and logged them all, on every track:

1691085419800.png

(Note that the "time range" column shows the last minute of the track, as the time can still progress past the last setting.)

I don't have access to the data of existing tracks so maybe this is accurate to how it normally looks, but one thing that makes me doubt that leak somewhat is that the in-game times don't tend to look like that.

They go Early Dawn, Dawn, Sunrise, Early Morning, Late Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Sunset, Twilight, Night, Midnight. Early dawn and midnight make sense as missing, since that would just mean the track lacks full 24 hours, but then it's also missing the two mornings, evening, and twilight.

And in those times, dawn and sunrise are usually separated by about 10-15 minutes, not half an hour.

I would know, because I sat in a car that had a working clock with time progression set to 0x and logged them all, on every track:

View attachment 1277350

(Note that the "time range" column shows the last minute of the track, as the time can still progress past the last setting.)
This looks really informative and useful. Do you have a link to the spreadsheet?

This looks really informative and useful. Do you have a link to the spreadsheet?
I don't, it's for personal use it's a bit of a mess overall. I could maybe export a version of this sheet alone, but I'm not sure if I'm entirely comfortable putting it out as if it's 100% accurate. I mean it likely is, but I took some shortcuts on alternate layouts. If one time setting on a layout was the same as the other layouts, they were probably all the same, so I'd only check the most complete layout thoroughly and then a single time from the rest of them. The fact that Maggiore has different times on the East and West layouts gives me a bit of doubt that it's all so identical, but I didn't find any other inconsistencies.

If you don't mind the chance of some layouts being a few minutes off though, I can see about making a public version?

Edit: Here they are. Because Google sucks at hiding personal information, I've exported it as .ods and .xlsx versions. .xlsx for Excel, and recommended for Google Sheets. .ods for OpenOffice/LibreOffice. The .ods has to be in a zip because GTPlanet doesn't like the file extension.

The big "TRUE" and "FALSE" are for Google Sheets checkboxes, I'm not sure of compatibility elsewhere. You should be able to set them all as checkboxes in Google Sheets and have it look normal.

Information in sheets other than Tracks may be incomplete or outdated. Even then, I only discovered today that Dragon Trail Gardens has rain while Seaside doesn't. As the list was mostly made so I could quickly set up random custom races that would always have time progression, not everything was entirely thorough, but it's at worst 99% there.

Attachments

• GT7 Sheets.xlsx
    84.1 KB · Views: 17
  • GT7 Sheets.ods.zip
    60.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
My guess for this car update will be:

Bugatti Veyron Gran Sport Vitesse
Toyota Corolla GR
Japanese Toyota Ambulance
Maserati A6
It's already 99,9999% sure these are the cars. Always check Nenkai's tweets

View attachment 1277350

Could be. I don't know it could also simply be copy-pasted strings of data from this to Word

Last edited:

View attachment 1277350

That's how Vanilla's leaked sky boxes looked like though . The internal values are different than the one's we see because they line up with GT sports fixed time " cards " for whatever stupid reason.

Originally we had a custom time slider , as evident in manual reference screen shots, but it was removed. There are also " secret " times . Example In TT on Sardegna you can select a time that goes beyond the time you can pick for a custom race . If you sit there and let time tick they both end at the same time but the TT gets noticably darker than It ever does in custom race.

I don't, it's for personal use it's a bit of a mess overall. I could maybe export a version of this sheet alone, but I'm not sure if I'm entirely comfortable putting it out as if it's 100% accurate. I mean it likely is, but I took some shortcuts on alternate layouts. If one time setting on a layout was the same as the other layouts, they were probably all the same, so I'd only check the most complete layout thoroughly and then a single time from the rest of them. The fact that Maggiore has different times on the East and West layouts gives me a bit of doubt that it's all so identical, but I didn't find any other inconsistencies.

If you don't mind the chance of some layouts being a few minutes off though, I can see about making a public version?

Edit: Here they are. Because Google sucks at hiding personal information, I've exported it as .ods and .xlsx versions. .xlsx for Excel, and recommended for Google Sheets. .ods for OpenOffice/LibreOffice. The .ods has to be in a zip because GTPlanet doesn't like the file extension.

The big "TRUE" and "FALSE" are for Google Sheets checkboxes, I'm not sure of compatibility elsewhere. You should be able to set them all as checkboxes in Google Sheets and have it look normal.

Information in sheets other than Tracks may be incomplete or outdated. Even then, I only discovered today that Dragon Trail Gardens has rain while Seaside doesn't. As the list was mostly made so I could quickly set up random custom races that would always have time progression, not everything was entirely thorough, but it's at worst 99% there.
I kinda wish PD let us set the time directly like in GT6, and have a few presets like Dawn/Sunset/etc. It's also a bit weird that the same location can have different time ranges (e.g. Nords vs N24). Same with weather (DT Seaside vs Garden, Tokyo South's lack of rain). Surely it takes more work to differentiate the settings for each location than just keeping them all the same. If it's different locations I can understand because the skybox (sun, moon, star locations) is completely different.

... Great, I had that wrong in my spreadsheet too...

This is what I get for taking shortcuts lol
Always check every layout. PD has a real penchant for being inconsistent with a lot of things in GT games ;) Next time you know reverse and forward variants will have different settings too :lol:

View attachment 1277350

This is how I see it in course layout sky, there was a last entry that isn't present which likely lists what sky timing preset is being used for the trqck as those test snow entries use Catalunya, test Red Rock Valley uses Highspeed Ring, as did some of those test Grand Valley, iirc.

Attachments

• gt7entries8qi4i.jpg
    gt7entries8qi4i.jpg
    868.2 KB · Views: 42
Guys not getting a track one month doesn't make it more likely the next month. If anything, it sets a precedent that new tracks aren't to be expected.

More Mission Challenges should be the priority IMO, as they have been the best offline aspect of the game by far

Last edited:
Its quite dissapointing if we dont get a new track, then i at least hope for more grinding events, endurance races or more championchips that would proably even be better than a new track, its not impossible considering they added music rally last month

It has working sirens no way I was hoping it would. Nice. Also it wouldn’t be PD without something Nissan related lol. Nah jokes. It’s cool it’s the movie livery.

Guys not getting a track one month doesn't make it more likely the next month. If anything, it sets a precedent the new tracks aren't to be expected.

More Mission Challenges should be the priority IMO, as they have been the best offline aspect of the game by far
When a new track arrives will have been decided well in advance. They don’t just release ‘em when ready.

If PD has one, or optimistically, two more tracks for this year. Sony will want those to be released for greatest impact. IE around Forza Motorsport’s release or Christmas.

I agree more Missions would be most welcome. I actually had two full sets remaining which I totally forgot about. Last night I did the 30 minute Tsukuba race in wet conditions. I only wish they where repeatable with a payout as I’d love to run them with different cars.

Makes you realise what GT7 could be.

When a new track arrives will have been decided well in advance. They don’t just release ‘em when ready.

If PD has one, or optimistically, two more tracks for this year. Sony will want those to be released for greatest impact. IE around Forza Motorsport’s release or Christmas.

I agree more Missions would be most welcome. I actually had two full sets remaining which I totally forgot about. Last night I did the 30 minute Tsukuba race in wet conditions. I only wish they where repeatable with a payout as I’d love to run them with different cars.

Makes you realise what GT7 could be.
Not sure I agree with your track implementation. Are people really not going to buy Forza if GT7 has some new tracks? I don't think GT7 really cares about what Forza is doing as much as people think it does

They're laughing at us! No new track plus another GTR Gr.3 to make it the 9367th GTR Gr.3. What a joke PD is, surely the next update will be the firetruck along with Southeastern Tokyo Circuit at noon.

What a horrible game! One of the worst ever! I can’t believe they can’t give us - the fans, the paying customers(!); what we want when we want it!

Latest Posts

Back