Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Now Available: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,229 comments

What's your favorite car in 1.36 (by any criteria you wish)?

• Chevrolet Corvette C1 '58

Votes: 50 20.1%
  • Maserati MC20 '20

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Toyota GR Corolla Morizo '22

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Toyota Himedic Ambulance '21

Votes: 72 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure I agree with your track implementation. Are people really not going to buy Forza if GT7 has some new tracks? I don't think GT7 really cares about what Forza is doing as much as people think it does
People who play both are edge cases, if only because most don’t own both machines. Neither do I think PD takes much interest in Forza beyond its technical merits and keeping up with what the competition are doing.

But I do think Sony cares about winning headlines when Microsoft release a major title. Or being in the best position to sell software & hardware at Christmas.

In Aug/Sep the GT movie is generating the headlines. But Oct, Nov, Dec are the most important months for videogame sales. And you need to put your best foot forward.

Disappointed by the lack of a new circuit venue. But the cars, they're lovely additions.

I suspect however the GTWS in Amsterdam will reveal a new track or weather variant. Those reveals were the hallmark feature of the FIA live events back in the GTS era and it would certainly boost viewers if new content reveals are present in the tournament.

Seriously, what is their issue against adding new, real circuits?
Probably something to do with how long it takes to make them?
It feels more like they stopped trying if anything. They were adding 1 new track every 2 months at one point during 2018 after GT Sport's release.

This feels like slacking off.

EDIT: I hate my brain.

Last edited:
Disappointed by the lack of a new circuit venue. But the cars, they're lovely additions.

I suspect however the GTWS in Amsterdam will reveal a new track or weather variant. Those reveals were the hallmark feature of the FIA live events back in the GTS era and it would certainly boost viewers if new content reveals are present in the tournament.

Could honestly be the reason the track isn’t in the trailers, because they want to keep it a secret even to the GTWS players till the very last minute as well. Oooooor, they’re trying to boost viewership for the livestreams.

Either way, I think we’re still getting a new track in this update

Could honestly be the reason the track isn’t in the trailers, because they want to keep it a secret even to the GTWS players till the very last minute as well. Oooooor, they’re trying to boost viewership for the livestreams.

Either way, I think we’re still getting a new track in this update
...the update is before the Showdown though?

At what point are there enough tracks in GT7 and they start making new ones for GT8 only?
I don’t think they’re working like that. The assets being created are being done in 8k so unless GT8 Will be 16k they’ll just transfer over

Not sure I agree with your track implementation. Are people really not going to buy Forza if GT7 has some new tracks? I don't think GT7 really cares about what Forza is doing as much as people think it does
I will, certainly, buy the new forza. But forza might have its own set of problems.
And, yes, PD doesnt care about forza. I think this new update has proven that.
If PD did so little when it comes to the movie, I doubt they'll do anything when forza releases.

The one thing I'd say about the time between tracks is that comparing to early GT Sport's update schedule isn't really a good comparison. They 100% weren't turning around a new track from scratch in two to three months back then; a fair few of those would have been worked on extensively pre-release and perhaps even planned for launch of that game and then slipped back.

The one thing I'd say about the time between tracks is that comparing to early GT Sport's update schedule isn't really a good comparison. They 100% weren't turning around a new track from scratch in two to three months back then; a fair few of those would have been worked on extensively pre-release and perhaps even planned for launch of that game and then slipped back.
And they’re in a lot more detail than GT Sport. In @Jordan’s article from a few years ago he talked about the data from the laser scanning that wasn’t used in GTS. I expect that was used to model the “puddles” etc in GT7

Last edited:
Disappointing that only two cars will be available right away.
As I got started the game eariler last month I felt like the lack of no regulation offline events made the game needlessly grindy.
Missed the days where I can roll into lower tier events and just destroy AI cars with my Escudo or Espace F1, not every offline event have to be tied to some kind of regulation or restrictions.
This also made Vision GT cars pretty useless which is a shame since I liked them and when they did proved useful they nerfed them so much on certain events that you're much better off using real cars.
Jaguar VGT is hilariously useless on Gr.1 event with 10x fuel consumption it drained the battery in like 15 seconds.
I need better payouts and maybe good old log-in bonus from GT5,GT6 so some events won't feel like it barely covers my racing tires expenses.
Again it's not more cars that I want just more good paying events with grid start.
MC20 looks sweet though so that's something and Corvette C1 yoo hoo the car in the intro movie.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what to think at this moment… I thought I’d be excited about the van, hoping it would be available as both a regular civilian and emergency services version, but now I’m thinking it’s probably more likely to be emergency services version only… The Maserati is pretty cool, but I don’t really care for the C1 or the Corolla…

It would be cool and a surprise if they’d add Zandvoort as the new track, since the event is in The Netherlands 😋

I assume the new track we’ll see next weekend is only for September. I guess the update file size will tell us. It could be there but only be released after the event. I don’t remember how long it took before we got Spa after it was revealed at a live event.

So can we finally see that leaking data from the game can have a negative effect to what’s coming?
Think some people were pretty vocal about it previously
Do you have any evidence whatsoever that any "leaks" had any "negative effects" on the contents of this update?

Did the trailer include a new track?
Did the trailer say that they wanted to release a track, but decided not to because of leaks?

The fact that some files are in the game does not mean at all that that content is anywhere close to releasing. It may be an early WIP version of GT8 content for all we know, or something that will never release because of licensing issues

There are two things that I hope they've done with the HiMedic.

First being the ability to toggle the lights and siren on and off at will while driving.

The second being the chase camera set high enough so we can actually see where we are driving. The trucks and the Vellfire have the camera set too low.

Otherwise, GIMME THOSE TOYOTAS! :lol:

I 'member how long it was between the Nurburgring Sprint/Endurance layouts being "revealed" and appearing in game...
There are two things that I hope they've done with the HiMedic.

First being the ability to toggle the lights and siren on and off at will while driving.

The second being the chase camera set high enough so we can actually see where we are driving. The trucks and the Vellfire have the camera set too low.

Otherwise, GIMME THOSE TOYOTAS! :lol:
No fully modelled interior for looking back through/VR2?

Back