Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Now Available: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,229 comments

What's your favorite car in 1.36 (by any criteria you wish)?

• Chevrolet Corvette C1 '58

Votes: 50 20.1%
  • Maserati MC20 '20

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Toyota GR Corolla Morizo '22

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Toyota Himedic Ambulance '21

Votes: 72 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Strange way to implement the ambulance but I'll take it.
Throwing it in a mission would probably make some sense. Getting to first before the finish line for the gold.. (Tokyo track?) But seeing as though a new mission hasn't been added in a long time.... yeah, nah.

South to see family, London, Cotswolds, York, Edinburgh. Pretty big trip…

I’m going to get GT7 withdrawal though. 😬

No worries there. I have synchronous 1GBps fiber.

It’s more where I’m staying….
I’ve done it on 5G in my phone and it was fine.

You may want to consider getting a prepaid U.K. SIM card (called pay as you go) to save you some data charges

It was originally scheduled for August 11th. It was delayed to the 25th. We wrote about it:
However I did some research and, as I addressed in the GT Movie thread, the delay appears to be for U.S. only...?

When you sign up for the Toyota Cup there’s a pretty extensive questionnaire (not sure if it’s optional?).

In it they ask what incentives will get you to watch World Series events, if you’ve taken part in these promotions etc. They ask what cars and motorsport series you’re interested in and a bunch of other in-depth questions.

Seems this is one of the main ways PD are getting player feedback.

Last edited:
When you sign up for the Toyota Cup there’s a pretty extensive questionnaire (not sure if it’s optional?).

In it they ask what incentives will get you to watch World Series events, if you’ve taken part in these promotions etc. They ask what cars and motorsport series you’re interested in and a bunch of other in-depth questions.

Seems this is one of the main ways PD are getting player feedback.
I think Toyota's doing that survey given how some of the questions are Toyota-centric.

Good job I asked for the TS010, TS020 and more WEC/Le Mans content!
I sent in:
  • Minolta 88C-V
  • GT-One TS020
  • GR Supra GT300 and GT500 (the latter one would likely be a package deal with the Honda and Nissan counterparts though)
  • Camry Next Gen NASCAR (would be likely a package deal with the Chevrolet and Ford counterparts though)
  • 2005 Supra GT500
  • Avanza Veloz GR Sport (because local car)
  • Agya GR Sport (because local car, though I like Honda Brio better)

However I did some research and, as I addressed in the GT Movie thread, the delay appears to be for U.S. only...?
Can confirm Canada is also included in the delay, which shouldn't be a surprised as most studies treat USCA as one "domestic market".

Also, a few theatres will still have advance IMAX screenings on Aug 8, despite the delays.

Throwing it in a mission would probably make some sense. Getting to first before the finish line for the gold.. (Tokyo track?) But seeing as though a new mission hasn't been added in a long time.... yeah, nah.
Do not give up hope so easily. We were recently blessed with new Music Rally content that had not been touched since launch. Missions could still be on the way!

Tomica Town strikes again!

View attachment 1276248

Fire truck when?
Rumor has it that every toy car you see in Tomica Town, will be added to the game. Don't know if it's true but if so then that means LFA coming our way?

Sweet I get to drift Ratchet G1 version 🤙🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• de4fdwo-bac3fd6d-0871-41a9-876c-9958101be91c.png
    de4fdwo-bac3fd6d-0871-41a9-876c-9958101be91c.png
    205 KB · Views: 10
Loving the car list, a nice selection of things to have fun with but is anyone else hoping we get a big update that doesn't necessarily add new content but just a bunch more curated races at every track in the game?
By that I mean SP races in a range of classes/themes (eg Gr1, Classics, Clubman!) at every track.
Maybe everyone plays mainly online but GT has always primarily been a single player game for me since the beginning. I think it's a shame because the tracks are great and there are so many cars that go unused because there isn't anything really to do with them.
When you play races like the Spa 1hr race with dynamic time and weather and make your way through a treacherous and terrifying night only to bolt on new slicks on a drying track and have your own "golden hour" experience you realise no other game does this.
It's such a shame as the tools are all there but PD just need to spend some time putting them together.

I predict two Extra Menus:
One for Toyota's GR series, the other for Maserati.
There very well may be a GR menu book, however you need to keep in mind that the GR Corolla isn’t available in BC until end of September according to PD

Because they probably don't have another vehicle for this coming update and they needed to add the car anyway for the competition, also for those who enter the car will be available in the end of August.
I think you can use it from Monday in Free practice?

I wonder when we will get some more info about this update. Something tells there is more than this cars now. Maybe new championships? Maybe new missions?

Because they probably don't have another vehicle for this coming update and they needed to add the car anyway for the competition, also for those who enter the car will be available in the end of August.
Then why not make it available to everyone now instead of Sept...

I think the trailer Will drop on sunday, but its likely that only the Corvette c1 and Maserati mc20 will be buyable when it drops, i think a new track is possible but i do hope they finally can finally give us more missions or championchips

When you play races like the Spa 1hr race with dynamic time and weather and make your way through a treacherous and terrifying night only to bolt on new slicks on a drying track and have your own "golden hour" experience you realise no other game does this.
Such a beautiful, evocative image.
Absolutely agreed on that front - with the right things coming together, GT7 can provide a cinematic racing experience like no other. Dynamic time and weather is a huge part of that.

To artificially increase viewership and participation in the events that reward the corolla and the ambulance.
To make it look like the events are more popular than what they actually are
I kind of agree with you there,I will probably wait and buy the corolla from BC when its available,as for the ambulance thats a no from me. :lol:

Such a beautiful, evocative image.
Absolutely agreed on that front - with the right things coming together, GT7 can provide a cinematic racing experience like no other. Dynamic time and weather is a huge part of that.
It is brilliant… but my issue is that the wet lines are very artificial. The karting lines don’t seem to appear and the dry line appears regardless of traffic volume - which I know is exaggerated because time is sped up and would need more laps to be realistic but it does bug me a bit.

Especially as there are no “micro” climates. In real life for example the dry line on the Mulsanne (Le Mans) depends on the position of the sun and is affected by the shadows of the trees. But it in the game it always appears on the left before chicane one and the right after (then back again after chicane 2) effectively just mirroring the racing line

Last edited:
Back