Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Now Available: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,229 comments

What's your favorite car in 1.36 (by any criteria you wish)?

• Chevrolet Corvette C1 '58

Votes: 50 20.1%
  • Maserati MC20 '20

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Toyota GR Corolla Morizo '22

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Toyota Himedic Ambulance '21

Votes: 72 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dodgeforum.com-Japanese-Dodge-Vans-at-Ebisu-Circuit-2.png

The ambulance is cool, but if GT wants to do vans, I wish they'd highlight the hilarious "Dajiban" Dodge Van racing leagues that are a thing in Japan.

ya know..from a marketing perspective this release doesn’t make a ton of sense unless it’s a punt because of the SAG strike. Racing, and sim racing, are at an all time high. Subsequently, smart money would have released cars(and track!) which have tie in’s to the movie.
Ie. Watch the movie, buy the game, grab a car you saw in the movie, load up a track from the movie. Don your psvr2…become addicted.

Its literally shooting fish in a barrel.

The update should have been about capitalizing on new blood not the existing community, and a yuppie cruiser, a goofy hooptie, and a weird ambulance don’t make a ton of sense.

That said, if they update the vr’s hud this time and add a more movie centric update at the end of the month things will make more sense.

Last edited:
I think the car choice is great, love a bit of variety and who knows, the ambulance could be fun! Like aot.of others I would like to see a new track but also I would like one random vehicle to be added each month too for variety. Don't forget car collection is a big part of the game too.

GT Sport was a disaster, not because the game itself was bad in a vacuum, but because it brought a bunch of new players who are only here for their weekly Gr.3/4 races and have no idea what the series' history was.

The ambulance is a perfect fit for the series in every game except Sport. This isn't Sport. It's another numbered game.
Disaster? We both know you’re exaggerating a lot. It was a different but still very good main game (funny how some will always try to claim it’s not an entry into the main series).

I’ve played GT3, GT5, GT6, GT Sport and GT7 and will say that GT Sport is highly commendable for bringing a competitive aspect to the series that was lacking. Sure, there were some competitive time trials in GT5 and 6 era along with online play but from what I recall not as well organised and competitive as we have had available to us since Sport and now in GT7.

Single player career mode is fine for messing about and relaxing while driving around and beating the AI by an eternity but such wins and “racing” gets stale and old quite quickly. There was an obvious void that has been filled since 2017. With your comment I think you’re throwing a lot of people under the bus and into the same bin, as if everyone who races Gr.3 and the like week in and out in Sport mode has no idea what the history of the game was. I’m well aware of the history (and certainly far from alone) but simply prefer what’s on offer online with Gr.3 races and other similar categories.

Maserati hiding by the Corolla on the right as well.

Edit: And the vette behind that. Must be from the trailer.

Last edited:
Wait, the monday update will add 2 cars that won't be available to buy until late august for the ambulance and late september for the corolla?? Thst is really a🤬🤬🤬 decision, basically is just 2 cars for this update🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Wait, the monday update will add 2 cars that won't be available to buy until late october for the ambulance and late september for the corolla?? Thst is really a🤬🤬🤬 decision, basically is just 2 cars for this update🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
What's the point to show them in the silhouette for August 7th then?

What's the point to show them in the silhouette for August 7th then?

Exactly they could have added the cars on the update without showing a silouhette and don't create false expectations about the content that will be available, also adding a car and releasing it 2 months later??🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

At this point now I am concerned the other 2 cars won't appear until late august

Last edited:
Adding an ambulance is 100% on-brand for Gran Turismo. There's always been oddball/strange/absolutely not race cars in every iteration of the game. Am I disappointed that new Gr. 3/Gr. 4 cars to update the roster aren't coming? Yeah, but my excitement to drive something stupid in the game outweighs it.

I have absolutely zero interest in watching a stream of other people playing the game. How long do I have to pretend to watch for to get this freebie? Will it last hours or just minutes? Can I fast forward or skip and still get the freebie?

I have absolutely zero interest in watching a stream of other people playing the game. How long do I have to pretend to watch for to get this freebie? Will it last hours or just minutes? Can I fast forward or skip and still get the freebie?
It's a stream... you can't fast-forward or skip

You don't have to watch at all. Just like last time the answers will be posted here, X/Twitter, Reddit, everywhere.

You don't have to watch at all. Just like last time the answers will be posted here, X/Twitter, Reddit, everywhere.
This ones a prediction - there is no right or wrong. You have to predict the winners of each series

As detailed in our article - and as with the Monaco event last year - it's a multiple choice question. You'll need to watch the stream to find out the answer (likely who qualified on pole, or won race two, or something) so you can provide the right answer.

However it's likely the answer will appear on here very quickly and you could also find out from race reports like the ones we write.

This ones a prediction - there is no right or wrong. You have to predict the winners of each series
No. Predict the Winner/Bonus Campaign and the Viewers Campaign are different things.

Last edited:
As detailed in our article - and as with the Monaco event last year - it's a multiple choice question. You'll need to watch the stream to find out the answer (likely who qualified on pole, or won race two, or something) so you can provide the right answer.

However it's likely the answer will appear on here very quickly and you could also find out from race reports like the ones we write.

No. Predict the Winner/Bonus Campaign and the Viewers Campaign are different things.
Yeah my bad - I thought they were talking about credits

For the Manufacturers and Nations tie=in competitions, yes it's a winner prediction that awards credits.

For the engine and ambulance rewards, it's a question based on something in the race streams - those answers will be posted so no one actually has to watch.

4 competitions - 4 answers - 4 rewards

Wait, the monday update will add 2 cars that won't be available to buy until late august for the ambulance and late september for the corolla?? Thst is really a🤬🤬🤬 decision, basically is just 2 cars for this update🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
I might have missed something somewhere but why late sept for the corolla?

I have the impression that this selection of cars was supposed to land in September. Perhaps the movie delay had something to do with this and the order had to be changed. Update was delayed, two presented cars are gifts which will be distributed late August. All this look suspicious...

Back