Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.48 Now Available: Volvo Returns, Five New Cars, New Extra Menu, & New Engine Swaps

• Thread starter Famine
  • 572 comments
Looking at everyone's custom JGTC grids, I wish there's a way to create custom grids with multiple liveries without having to buy multiples of the same car, going to GT Auto and applying each livery individually (and waiting for the annoyingly long "Applying" to finish). I have 90 million credits but it's still a PITA multi step process that is needlessly convoluted. And then you end up with multiples in your garage that just looks messy, and you have to wait 1 day between selling each copy if you need the credits back.

Ideally the custom race option should let you select any of the cars in the game independent of your garage content (and also let you choose from their stock colours OR any liveries you have saved). You're not driving them, so there's no reason why you need to buy them to race against.

Even better if you can adjust each individual AI's aggression, speed and BOP (if going into full car settings is too much, a simple power/weight % slider and tyre choice like in GT Sport is enough).

I have loads of ideas for fun custom races but most of the time I just cannot be bothered or have the time to set up everything. In AC it's just a few clicks and you're good to go. Want to race a full grid of 917Ks, 330 P4s and GT40s with period correct liveries? In AC it's a 5 minute process. In GT7 maybe you need 5 years to even grind enough money to buy multiples of the 20 million cars :crazy:

Loving the update in terms of cars but the lack of new track yet again makes me think they are withholding content for GT8 now. Sadly I don't think we will see more than 3-5 cars a month for the rest of GT7's lifespan :/

Last edited:
Yeah. That V40 T5 comes with a Caspian Blue Metallic I want for all my cars. That's a gorgeous blue. I do hope they add that in to the paint chips. Soon.
I had to google this colour to see what it was like, disappointed it's not like the Land Rover Caspian Blue because that has a green metal flake pearlescent in it.

I am biased though 😉
IMG_20230625_141445.jpg

Last edited:
The 240, EG and R31 are such easy versatile blank canvas, it takes practically nothing to make them look good, and there are so much creativity in the community... It's amazing. Really surprised at how this is turning out...

Need more updates like this.

18fcefd9f3672-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Tried out all the new cars besides the NSX which I'll be able to afford next time I play.

The wagon is neat, it's kinda ugly but like a charming ugly, takes forever to accelerate but holds its speeds really well, I'm braking too hard on chicanes and need to adjust myself to take them more straight on almost like I'm driving a much slower much heavier formula car.

The civic exists, it's fine, nothing special.

The V40 has a cool cockpit but the sound seems low, I've never driven one irl and not sure what they're even supposed to sound like but apparently the sound is muffled/off according to people that have which tracks.q

The Skyline GT-S R is absurdly beautiful..... but it has a constant speed limiter chime like once you cross 65mph and I'm all for having unique cars with unique properties but holy crap is it annoying lol. Any way to disable that or no?

The Skyline GT-S R is absurdly beautiful..... but it has a constant speed limiter chime like once you cross 65mph and I'm all for having unique cars with unique properties but holy crap is it annoying lol. Any way to disable that or no?
I fear you can't, but I'd gladly be proven wrong.

I fear you can't, but I'd gladly be proven wrong.
I got the chime to stop on the 2020 Civic Type R by switching to bonnet view.

The fully tuned and max downforce nsx is a blast around the nordschleife :D
Just some nerdy reality here but you’d never run a max DF setup on the Ring for real. You get absolutely killed on the straight to end your lap. In a real race with pro drivers, the one with the max DF car would spend 12 miles building a lead of a couple/few seconds, then get torched down the straight losing the position every time.

The R31 is actually a road car that doesn’t need an aftermarket steering wheel option in the game. In PSVR2 It’s looks very plastic, but the design works with overall racing nature when the car is tuned.

-If you think 30 to 45min a day is hardcore gaming then sure.
-I would still be able to get each car in the game without using any glitches. And of course economy is destroyed, but LeMans 30min or Spa 1h are one of the most fun race in the game, doesn't even feel like grinding (and didn't know it was a bad thing to do...)
I get easily all these reasons, but you don't have to be talented to get what you want in this game, saying it's impossible is a lie. Bronze in TT or CEs are easy to get, and would give 250k and like 300k each... You can't expect to get everything without playing (but the economy needs a big rework).

Gaming every day is essentially taking on a second job. No thanks. PD fix your game

There was another with the same rev limiter alarm too, I can't remember which now, another Japanese
The old Toyota AE86/Trueno from the early 80s and the Nismo GT-R ‘90. Surprisingly these are the only ones from that era.
iirc it's the Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90
That’s a rev limit alarm, not a speed limit minder.

Last edited:
Looking at everyone's custom JGTC grids, I wish there's a way to create custom grids with multiple liveries without having to buy multiples of the same car, going to GT Auto and applying each livery individually (and waiting for the annoyingly long "Applying" to finish). I have 90 million credits but it's still a PITA multi step process that is needlessly convoluted. And then you end up with multiples in your garage that just looks messy, and you have to wait 1 day between selling each copy if you need the credits back.

Ideally the custom race option should let you select any of the cars in the game independent of your garage content (and also let you choose from their stock colours OR any liveries you have saved). You're not driving them, so there's no reason why you need to buy them to race against.

Even better if you can adjust each individual AI's aggression, speed and BOP (if going into full car settings is too much, a simple power/weight % slider and tyre choice like in GT Sport is enough).

I have loads of ideas for fun custom races but most of the time I just cannot be bothered or have the time to set up everything. In AC it's just a few clicks and you're good to go. Want to race a full grid of 917Ks, 330 P4s and GT40s with period correct liveries? In AC it's a 5 minute process. In GT7 maybe you need 5 years to even grind enough money to buy multiples of the 20 million cars :crazy:

Loving the update in terms of cars but the lack of new track yet again makes me think they are withholding content for GT8 now. Sadly I don't think we will see more than 3-5 cars a month for the rest of GT7's lifespan :/

Just to add to this.

I'd love to be able to apply and save custom race suits and helmets to particular cars.

It takes the immersion to the next level.

That’s not a Volvo though.
I guess it kinda isn't while it kinda is. It's kinda weird.

I assume that since Volvo and Cyan work a lot together, it wouldn't be that hard to eventually some of their cars eventually.

If some of you are disappointed about no new tracks and what's going on. Kaz was moonlighting at a foggy N24 instead of fixing this game :lol::dunce:

View attachment 1361360
I've seen so many derogatory comments thrown at Kaz because he was at the N24 and Hyundai presentation. Some don't seem to realise he's the figurehead of a billion dollar franchise and not an indie dev making day-to-day decisions.

Whatever's coming down the line in GT7 was decided many moons ago. If Kaz was actually there on business it's more than likely regarding stuff that's already locked in or planning for whatever's coming after GT7.

I've seen so many derogatory comments thrown at Kaz because he was at the N24 and Hyundai presentation. Some don't seem to realise he's the figurehead of a billion dollar franchise and not an indie dev making day-to-day decisions.

Whatever's coming down the line in GT7 was decided many moons ago. If Kaz was actually there on business it's more than likely regarding stuff that's already locked in or planning for whatever's coming after GT7.
He has also been the information link between developer and player. So, why not spend less time on irrelevant trophy presentation and more on liaison with the people who buy the game?

hope people in this thread don't own animals. If you leave poop behind you, not only will you face a fine, but have an out of control domestic pet

Last edited:
He has also been the information link between developer and player. So, why not spend less time on irrelevant trophy presentation and more on liaison with the people who buy the game?
This is some grade A idiotic thinking right here.

People are allowed to do things outside of their work by the way. If you watch this video you’d understand that the trophy presentation is in fact very relevant to Kaz and Gran Turismo.

Last edited:

It wasn't meant to be derogatory. It was more of a light hearted joke since I was watching the N24 highlights and saw him in the video. The N project announcement I'm sure he has his fingers into it, and I know they are scanning Motegi for a future release down the line.

hope people in this thread don't own animals. If you leave poop behind you, not only will you face a fine, but have an out of control domestic pet
Is Kaz not allowed to have his own life? Or must he spend every waking hour serving our every wish and command?

Back