Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments

1722439115471.png

:lol:

Last edited:
Had a blast racing Tokyo 600 with the GR86 (VR). Not the right car @ 600pp, came in 4th, but really responsive.

Great balance to test the physics. Getting the car to rotate into the slip angle with the brake on the way in, and throttle on the way out, is fantastic. Could get non-flick braking oversteer drifts when tires were worn with normal settings and no handbrake. Everything I ever wanted in a racing game.

Also, I could save the car after an AI PIT maneuver pushed me over, was never able to catch those once a spin started.

Getting the car to rotate into the slip angle with the brake on the way in, and throttle on the way out, is fantastic. Could get non-flick braking oversteer drifts when tires were worn with normal settings and no handbrake.
Agree. I dunno what some people are talking about re: more understeer. I haven’t played nearly as much as a lot of people have since the update landed but put in 45 minutes tonight. Front end definitely feels stronger and I can get more rotation on initial turn in which then allows me to pick up the throttle earlier on exits. And it feels more realistic and smoother to catch and control slides.

I’m wondering if a lot of people are used to a more unrealistic driving style that worked to exploit the previous handling models, so that’s why they’re having issues now, or misunderstanding/not liking why it handles this way. I never drove that way even if it was quicker in the game, so this new model feels more realistic and works for me. And when I say that, I say it as someone with a lot of track time in countless types of cars.

Yeah, the glitches need patching and all that, obviously. But the underlying physics are absolutely an improvement and more fun to me as someone who wants more realism from the actual driving feel and responses to my inputs on a wheel and pedals.

Last edited:
I love gamer dudes who get so bent and dramatic about … video games 🤣

News flash to those folks, especially about driving games/“sims”: No matter how good one is, it’s still just a game. Fake. The things that will never be simulated no matter how great a physics etc model is: Fear. Consequences. Repair bills. Regular bills for tires, brakes, consumable parts, heat, cold, exhaustion, dehydration, etc etc.

Last edited:
Whoa, entered race c, cold without any practice on the new "physics" ehmm i guess i need to start over again?
And how much is physics and how much is settings, after watching @Tidgney exploring the new physics deeper it seems to be a combination of new settings on the cars coupled with new physics..

Whoa, entered race c, cold without any practice on the new "physics" ehmm i guess i need to start over again?
And how much is physics and how much is settings, after watching @Tidgney exploring the new physics deeper it seems to be a combination of new settings on the cars coupled with new physics..

My admittedly early take from my experience so far: Anyone suggesting the new physics are less realistic than the old has never driven a real performance car on a real track.

Ye it's definitely a combination of them both for sure! I think there's less drastic changes in some cars then we realise with the new physics. They are definitely more realistic, but it depends whether realistic means more fun. At the moment the drastic shift in some cars due to the setups really makes it not fun at the moment for alot of people (In my opinion)

Ye it's definitely a combination of them both for sure! I think there's less drastic changes in some cars then we realise with the new physics. They are definitely more realistic, but it depends whether realistic means more fun. At the moment the drastic shift in some cars due to the setups really makes it not fun at the moment for alot of people (In my opinion)
Hmm, i think/hope it is mostly a question of getting used to the new stuff, but there is something to be said about losing many hours of practice on the old stuff O_0.

I am carefully optimistic about the way the cars feel, it's more natural?
But then, i never really cared or stood a chance to be among the best, i just like to race, and here is a chance to do that :-)

Any word on how the tire temperature is handled in singleplayer races that mostly have no tire wear?

Also if we had some information it would possibly be interesting if a two stopper at Tokyo makes a difference for example.

I love gamer dudes who get so bent and dramatic about … video games 🤣

News flash to those folks, especially about driving games/“sims”: No matter how good one is, it’s still just a game. Fake. The things that will never be simulated no matter how great a physics etc model is: Fear. Consequences. Repair bills. Regular bills for tires, brakes, consumable parts, heat, cold, exhaustion, dehydration, etc etc.
Repair bills could be simulated, if PD gave us a proper damage model. NFS Porsche had repair bills and cars that would remain damaged until repaired, which did add an extra layer of depth and sense of ownership to that game. Though I can't recall any other 'mainstream' racing series having that besides NFS Porsche.

Last edited:
Repair bills could be simulated, if PD gave us a proper damage model. NFS Porsche had repair bills and cars that would remain damaged until repaired, which did add an extra layer of depth and sense of ownership to that game. Though I can't recall any other 'mainstream' racing series having that besides NFS Porsche.
There’s a WRC or generic Rally game that even has used car wear taken into account. It has used car repair bills. I think I posted some BMWs with difference in price and wear. Can not for the life of me remember where I posted it. Even while I’m searching through my posts.

...And it feels more realistic and smoother to catch and control slides.
There definitely seems to be more traction in slides. Feels like the car is able to 'dig-in' way better than before. Mild to moderate punts are way more survivable. I couldn't catch the car AND get back on line prior to this update. Catching it was a 50/50 endeavor alone. 🤣

I was reading your comment and it took me back to a Spa race last week...there's no way I would've been able to save this pre-update:

:cheers:

There definitely seems to be more traction in slides. Feels like the car is able to 'dig-in' way better than before. Mild to moderate punts are way more survivable. I couldn't catch the car AND get back on line prior to this update. Catching it was a 50/50 endeavor alone. 🤣

I was reading your comment and it took me back to a Spa race last week...there's no way I would've been able to save this pre-update:

Cool, it looks to me like you all had a stable driving experience, so that tells me PD stepped up to their responsibilities in the game.

Part of me hopes this could lead to a behavior change. Its one thing if wrecking someone in race b puts them out. Its scummy, but highly productive. Quite another, if there’s potential to save it, and be 2 seconds back and suddenly in a chipper mood.

I like it!

Cross-posting this here since it seems more relevant than the weekly challenge thread where I put it originally - here's a list of all the stock PP changes from the update.

The things I want to call out:
  • Stock Gr.2 has changed dramatically, with Group One cars having big PP increases and the '90s GT1 cars having significant decreases.
    • The longtail F1 GTR in particular has had a huge drop, and is likely now a contender for meta for WTC800 grinding and Neo-Classic recommendation.
  • In general, modern aerodynamic race cars (including stuff that may as well be a race car like the Valkyrie) and '90s JDM cars have seen double digit PP increases.
  • Every Gr.B car has seen a PP decrease. PP scaling was already favourable to them, this will make that even more pronounced.
  • They fixed my favourite anomaly - the 911 993 RS CS used to be rated worse than the base 911 993 RS for some reason, but now it has a higher PP as you would expect. I don't know if that gives any of you smart people any hints as to what they changed?
Here's the list:

Just download Simdashboard on your phone.

The free version only lets you add 3 items but it's enough for most people, and if you just want tires then just put them on it.

This is how mine is set up
View attachment 1377324
Thanks! I did it. I didn't think it would be that easy.

I tried a stock Mazda Roadster Touring Car at the Japanese Clubman Cup at Laguna Seca. Race started with tires at 59° and ended with 59° in the rear and 52° in the front.

Then i took a stock BMW M3 '07 to the European FR Cup at Brands Hatch. Same starting temperature. At the end i reached 64° in the rear and 61° in the front.

The difference in (front) temperature is probably due to the heavier car and the windy track, i guess.

What does that tell us? Is there any knowledge of optimal tire temperature for Sports and Comfort tires?

Next i should test Sports Medium and Sport Soft tires under the same circumstances but it will take a while.

I Hope PD will immrove the shifting behavior of the scuderia, I know it useed a very fast gear shifting (60 ms above 5000 RPM) but it's still a single clutch transmission.

The rear grill is also closed in gt7 while it's completely transparent in the real Scuderia (we Can see the engine bay through)

Last edited:
There’s a WRC or generic Rally game that even has used car wear taken into account
Colin McRae Rally 2 did as a core game mechanic.

Here's the list:
Of course this only accounts for base PP and is vastly exxagerated once the cars are tuned (depending on how the tune was setup).
Most of my 600PP (Tokyo) tunes have seen a change of around +20 with the E-Type sitting at a whopping +40.
Most of my 700PP (whatever) tunes have seen a slight decrease around -5

Colin McRae Rally 2 did as a core game mechanic.

Of course this only accounts for base PP and is vastly exxagerated once the cars are tuned (depending on how the tune was setup).
Most of my 600PP (Tokyo) tunes have seen a change of around +20 with the E-Type sitting at a whopping +40.
Most of my 700PP (whatever) tunes have seen a slight decrease around -5
Wait! I think that's it! Dirt or Dirt Rally(something)!

I think I posted there about the used cars with damage and some without. Shoot! Gotta find that post.:lol:

Back