Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.53 Prediction & Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 88 comments
This is true, but they also have to release My First GT for "the holidays".

Now, could they shock us all and release both MFGT and a December update? Sure. But I wouldn't be betting on it.
I think the best bet is that they're saving the MFGT announcement for it's own post/timeframe. So anything new will be reserved for that blog post.

I didn't make many rules for this thread, but... seriously...
DON'T POST WISHLISTS. There are no second chances on this because we've wasted too much time with people who want to divert threads from their purpose and we've gone out of our way to give them enough other places to get it out of their system...

Apropos of that, wishlists go in the Car & Track Wishlist Thread which we made specifically for that purpose:

Four thread bans so far. In three pages.

A recent trend to note regarding the timing of the update:

Starting with the v1.43 update cars (R4, Evo IX, TTS) the official GT Twitter has started posting little featurettes about the cars in the previous update after that update comes out. Like this one:

What's notable about these so far they've always posted the last one for the previous update a couple of weeks before the next update, regardless of the gap between updates - it took until mid-July for them to finish posting the v1.48 cars, and until mid-September for them to finish the v1.49 cars, despite there being month gaps after those updates.

So far they've only posted the Hiace featurette for v1.52. If the GT-R/Evo 8 get posts relatively soon, that's a good sign for a November 6/7 update. If the social media posts for those cars lag, it could imply a later update.

Third post today (Evo).
If we have silhouettes this weekend (which is super unlikely, I think it's too soon), we could see a pattern here.

A recent trend to note regarding the timing of the update:

Starting with the v1.43 update cars (R4, Evo IX, TTS) the official GT Twitter has started posting little featurettes about the cars in the previous update after that update comes out. Like this one:

What's notable about these so far they've always posted the last one for the previous update a couple of weeks before the next update, regardless of the gap between updates - it took until mid-July for them to finish posting the v1.48 cars, and until mid-September for them to finish the v1.49 cars, despite there being month gaps after those updates.

So far they've only posted the Hiace featurette for v1.52. If the GT-R/Evo 8 get posts relatively soon, that's a good sign for a November 6/7 update. If the social media posts for those cars lag, it could imply a later update.

Just now, they’ve released the final car featurette for v1.52 (Evo VIII) so let’s see what happens from here.

Last edited:
It took us almost a year to get a new track post Lake Louise, I wouldn't get your hopes up for one to appear again in a handful of months.

Just for reference ok tracks topic:

-Watkins Glen: June 2022 (3 months after launch)
-Road Atlanta: November 2022 (5 months gap)
-Grand Valley: February 2023 (3 months gap)
-Lake Louise: November 2023 (9 months gap)
-Eiger Norwand: July 2024 ( 8 months gap)

Seeing the pattern next track should come around February/March 2025

Last edited:
Still think we've got a couple of weeks to wait. An update to coincide with the Pro on Thurs 7th makes too much sense.
This is what I think too.

For added context for my original post, "mid-month" usually meant a day in the teens for the last featurette, this is a little later than usual.

EDIT: Actually, I may as well just post the raw data since I have it:

UpdateFinal featuretteSilhouettesUpdate
v1.53?Oct 24??
v1.52Sep 10Sep 28Oct 2
v.1.49Jul 16NoneJul 25
v1.48May 9May 27May 30
v1.46Apr 19Apr 24Apr 25
v1.44Mar 11Mar 23Mar 28
v1.43NoneFeb 25Feb 29

Last edited:
these all sound like wishes to me
Why?

I can see... three that are overly optimistic. And seven that are overt wishlists, but of course no-one else can see those.

Pick any one and tell me why you think it's a wishlist and not something that has at least some thought, reasoning, or evidence behind it. And quote or tag the post so that the member who posted is made aware of your objection and can respond.

these all sound like wishes to me
They are, but they're predictive wishes.

So, for the forthcoming PS5 Pro Update.
- Mazda AZ-1
(I like the spirit, if we all keep predicting it, we'll be right eventually)
- Ferrari 599
(Another returning Premium, we did get two in July, why not?)
- Škoda Superb
(If I were wishing, I'd say Yeti, but I'm predicting.)

This is what I think too.

For added context for my original post, "mid-month" usually meant a day in the teens for the last featurette, this is a little later than usual.

EDIT: Actually, I may as well just post the raw data since I have it:

UpdateFinal featuretteSilhouettesUpdate
v1.53?Oct 24??
v1.52Sep 10Sep 28Oct 2
v.1.49Jul 16NoneJul 25
v1.48May 9May 27May 30
v1.46Apr 19Apr 24Apr 25
v1.44Mar 11Mar 23Mar 28
v1.43NoneFeb 25Feb 29
V1.53
Silhouette on Nov 3rd
Final featurette video Nov 5th
Release on Nov 7th

It's a major update is my prediction:
GT7 Spec 3
Cars and Track(s)

Not a wish....
My gut feel prediction.

Man two important things going at once at the beginning of November with the US election....

Stomach in a knot...

Last edited:
Cars and tracks would be nice but the main thing GT7 needs at the moment is a fix for the physics they broke in the July update. If you play on wheel it's probably fine, if you play on controller it definitely is not, the daily race at the Nurburgring this week exposes the issues with the car losing steering mid corner especially in the carousel's. It's been broke for 3 months, fingers crossed they finally fix it 🙏

It took us almost a year to get a new track post Lake Louise, I wouldn't get your hopes up for one to appear again in a handful of months.
The timing is different with the PS5 Pro, My First GT (probably for PS5 Pro users to help showcase the game) and a few World Series events to end out the year/sales. It's totally likely they would hold off on adding content until they needed the advertising..
Still think we've got a couple of weeks to wait. An update to coincide with the Pro on Thurs 7th makes too much sense.
Every time I put the puzzle pieces together for what might be a great time to release a stellar game update, they react with minimal effort lol. So I agree but want to believe they've been holding back content for more significant announcements

Back