Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
have you guys seen the specs of this monster? It's lighter than a Ford GT and it has 100 hp more... How is this thing not in Gr3?

You can say whatever you want about PD, but they know how to design a car, not many game developers can say that. upload_2018-8-30_9-33-15.png

609ps, 1050kg...
Wow, almost perfect!
But isn't its downforce too low?

Gr.2 is only for the japanese GT500 (I know because I asked the same thing in my first post and people explained to me). If you want to see the real life GT500 series (with Jann Mardenborough first gamer to become proper GT racer) here is the last Fuji 500 this summer

have you guys seen the specs of this monster? It's lighter than a Ford GT and it has 100 hp more... How is this thing not in Gr3?

You can say whatever you want about PD, but they know how to design a car, not many game developers can say that.View attachment 762525

Gr.2 is only for the japanese GT500 (I know because I asked the same thing in my first post and people explained to me). If you want to see the real life GT500 series (with Jann Mardenborough first gamer to become proper GT racer) here is the last Fuji 500 this summer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the downforce levels are not as high as Gr. 3 class cars I think. Then there's the issue about body rigidity- as it's only a heavily modified S2K, the basic bodyshell remains, along with its rigidity, or lack thereof

But that doesn't make me love that car any less :D

You can say whatever you want about PD, but they know how to design a car, not many game developers can say that
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the downforce levels are not as high as Gr. 3 class cars I think. Then there's the issue about body rigidity- as it's only a heavily modified S2K, the basic bodyshell remains, along with its rigidity, or lack thereof

But that doesn't make me love that car any less :D
And then there is the issue of not having Center Lock wheels from the get-go, which is standard for Gr.3 cars.

so... is not a real GT1, is a modified s2000? so is an overpowered Gr.4. Still I can't wait to race in arcade against Gr3 in N400, it must be a money maker this car. All I need is a big fat track, easy to overtake... Red Bull?

So... it's not a real GT1
"GT1" is just a name. It's not a GT1 category race car.
It's a modified S2000?
Yes.
So it's an overpowered Gr.4.
No.

A Gr.4 car is a road car-based race car. They include mandatory safety cages and, commonly, homologated components like gearboxes, suspension and engines (although sometimes production-based engines are allowed), with minimal interior.

The Amuse S2000 GT1 is a road car, not a race car. It's built as a time attack track car - essentially a tuned production car designed to do the fastest possible single lap time of a track like Tsukuba, while still remaining technically road legal. They usually have to use road tyres, and there may be other road legal considerations (such as with the Street Eliminator drag class, where cars have to complete a 75-mile road circuit the day before racing). The Amuse car has a wide body kit for aero, a turbocharged F20C worth 550hp+, a six-speed sequential gearbox and an R34 GT-R rear differential. It also has a full interior - factory standard red leather and red carpet, with a pair of red Bride racing seats and five-point Takata harnesses.

That's why it's in N600.

"GT1" is just a name. It's not a GT1 category race car.

Yes.

No.

A Gr.4 car is a road car-based race car. They include mandatory safety cages and, commonly, homologated components like gearboxes, suspension and engines (although sometimes production-based engines are allowed), with minimal interior.

The Amuse S2000 GT1 is a road car, not a race car. It's built as a time attack track car - essentially a tuned production car designed to do the fastest possible single lap time of a track like Tsukuba, while still remaining technically road legal. They usually have to use road tyres, and there may be other road legal considerations (such as with the Street Eliminator drag class, where cars have to complete a 75-mile road circuit the day before racing). The Amuse car has a wide body kit for aero, a turbocharged F20C worth 550hp+, a six-speed sequential gearbox and an R34 GT-R rear differential. It also has a full interior - factory standard red leather and red carpet, with a pair of red Bride racing seats and five-point Takata harnesses.

That's why it's in N600.
thanks for the info!:bowdown:

I reckon with a good set up this 600 hp can beat gr3 in some tracks, perhaps Monza? any ideas? (also any tuning setup for this car?)

Except for Megane Trophy (the MR one), which I heard did somehow got a GT4 class certification, hence why it's a Gr.4.

Except for Megane Trophy (the MR one), which I heard did somehow got a GT4 class certification, hence why it's a Gr.4.
The Megane Trophy is a GT4 car because it was homologated as a GT4 car.

Seriously hope the Livery Editor gets more options.
On some cars, the "Paint: Other" option are available. On some, we have to select "Other" and apply decals to change the color. Making the former option available, with Front, side, etc selectable, would help quicken some of the painting/decal process.

Trim removal. Ah, the bumpers in the Mini and Beetle. GT AUTO had the good choices with the Beetle. For the Mini, removing those bumpers would transform many of the liveries.

Seriously hope the Livery Editor gets more options.
On some cars, the "Paint: Other" option are available. On some, we have to select "Other" and apply decals to change the color. Making the former option available, with Front, side, etc selectable, would help quicken some of the painting/decal process.

Trim removal. Ah, the bumpers in the Mini and Beetle. GT AUTO had the good choices with the Beetle. For the Mini, removing those bumpers would transform many of the liveries.

I'm praying for the day when we can 'group' layers together... CAN YOU IMAGINE

Or... just to imagine, like fools(!)... the ability to save custom colours!

Last edited:
It’s nice to have this S2000 back, it was my primary car back on GT6.

One car I really would love to see added, would be a Subaru 22B.

Attachments

• 91F680A7-E00C-4B78-A518-1C4E46FE191D.png
    91F680A7-E00C-4B78-A518-1C4E46FE191D.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 853873A5-F347-4998-8933-5AE68193964F.png
    853873A5-F347-4998-8933-5AE68193964F.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 22
Actually, the one in game has a seven-speed gearbox, strangely enough. I'm not quite sure where that originates from but I do know there's several GT1s out there in varying specifications.
I'm not surprised - I'd even be unsurprised if the original car is still in its original state.

I love how accurate the VW 1200 sounds, specially the cricket sounds at lower revs is what stunned me, the irregular idle is also amazing.

In general they did a great job on the car, I'm very impressed with it.

You can say whatever you want about PD, but they know how to design a car, not many game developers can say that.View attachment 762525

Cat is a beast. Bought it last night and still learning how to drive it. It spins like the Ford GT and gets stable at the end of 4th gear going into 5th. Im going to tune the LSD tonight and hopefully I can get the car stable at 3rd or even 2nd gear. If I pull this off I will destroy people online with this car.

Raced yesterday at the new Red Bull Ring in the AM V12 Vantage. Didn't have any specific setup yet, so I stuck with my Dragon Trail setup. I believe my quickest time was a 1:28.6xx. Not sure if that's remotely fast on these boards here.

The Amuse S2000 GT1 is a road car, not a race car. It's built as a time attack track car - essentially a tuned production car designed to do the fastest possible single lap time of a track like Tsukuba, while still remaining technically road legal. ...

I came in here briefly and saw this, just want to say thank you and a big thumbs up for this wonderful explanation. I was so happy to see this car added to this iteration of Gran Turismo. The real car was actually not completed into what it was supposed to be, due to the founder of Amuse, Tanabe san having passed away before putting in the Turbo F20C into the S2000. GT5/6 had the N/A version of the GT1, which was how it debuted originally. It also makes me realise how this car has now slipped away from the limelight.

I was mildly annoyed by the amount of youtube videos where people say it's a drift car, it's not :banghead: :boggled:

What game is this car coming to...?
Aren't those dots target markers for laser scanning?

(Firstly, is this really for a video game?)

はしか (麻疹) means measles. Of course he's joking.

Last edited:
I think For a and PC2 already have this car.
Trying to follow the comments, doesn't seem like anyone are asking what the dots are for.

Looks like a restoration project to me. The dots are curious though...

Numbers (so far only 0s) began showing up over some cars after the last update.

See the '0' next to the flag?

P9VvCcm.jpg

But notice it is not on every car. Anyone have any idea what this is?

I think it may be a bug related to cars with liveries.

Numbers (so far only 0s) began showing up over some cars after the last update.

See the '0' next to the flag?

But notice it is not on every car. Anyone have any idea what this is?

I think it may be a bug related to cars with liveries.

I think the number and flag is for drivers who signed up for the FIA Cup

According to him, it's not for Gran Turismo...
If true, I feel sorry.

Latest Posts

Back