Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
Since the likes of the Lancia Delta HF Integrale made it to GT Sport, I'm just gonna throw in my 10 predictions for the next update (decided to put it here since I don't know where else to put it):

- Lancia Stratos
- Lancia Delta S4
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX MR GSR
- Honda NSX Type R (NA2)
- Dodge Charger 440 R/T
- Lexus LFA
- BMW M3 GTR ALMS
- Porsche 911 R
- Porsche 918
- McLaren P1

So I bought the Cobra Daytona Coupe 1964 (Gr.X) yesterday and what an incredible car it is. I really liked it in GT6 but it just feels on a whole different level in GTS.

After doing some testing with it I think this car would have been right at home in the Gr.4 class and not in the Gr.X class.
They put the all these cars in Gr.1
787B 1991
R92CP 1992
Sauber C9 1989
XJR-9 1988

So I don't see why we couldn't get an older car in Gr.4. I really wish they would put some of the Gr.X cars in different classes instead of just dumping everything there.

According to him, it's not for Gran Turismo...
If true, I feel sorry.

Project Cars 3?

That's a good thing. If it were for GTS, we'd be seeing it in Gr. X. I'm happy to wait for proper classes in GT?.

Uh i think they will continue with the Gr classes,i expect their next games will improve upon this group system and i'm pretty confident the online mode of next GT will be similar or exactly the same as GT Sport which is the right choice to make.Sport mode would work amazingly well with a mainline GT game.

:lol: GTA 4 has still the funniest rag doll engine.

But more clues for bikes in the next GT...
Wait actually you might be onto something, makes sense to add ragdoll physics if you have bikes because of dismounts and other hospital worthy things that might happen to poor TT Spec Timmy.

Well the latest update rejuvenated my interest in this game. About time. Not sure why, maybe it’s the latest cars and some of the new events in GT League like the Group 3 & 4 races. And I just cleared level 30 which opened up the endurance league which should be fun.

Still don’t have any interest in Sport mode or the FIA events though. It will be interesting to see what online events come down the pike once the current season ends. There’s currently nothing on the calendar.

Project Cars 3?

Uh i think they will continue with the Gr classes,i expect their next games will improve upon this group system and i'm pretty confident the online mode of next GT will be similar or exactly the same as GT Sport which is the right choice to make.Sport mode would work amazingly well with a mainline GT game.
Proper classes meaning, hopefully, we won't see the mash up of old and new in one class. Hopefully, we see proper LMP cars in their class, 1960s prototypes in their class. Similar to what the Nostalgic race is showing.

If the Groups are still in for the next game, it should be more refined to proper eras.

I'm not an expert but what is the point of rag doll simulator for cars?

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/recruit/jobs/974/
・Development of a rag doll simulator

Tire walls?The movement of the driver inside the cockpit?

Well the latest update rejuvenated my interest in this game. About time. Not sure why, maybe it’s the latest cars and some of the new events in GT League like the Group 3 & 4 races. And I just cleared level 30 which opened up the endurance league which should be fun.

Still don’t have any interest in Sport mode or the FIA events though. It will be interesting to see what online events come down the pike once the current season ends. There’s currently nothing on the calendar.

I think PD will make some virtual only championships that gives huge credit prizes,Polyphony Digital Cup was one of the championships on GT Sport release.

Proper classes meaning, hopefully, we won't see the mash up of old and new in one class. Hopefully, we see proper LMP cars in their class, 1960s prototypes in their class. Similar to what the Nostalgic race is showing.

If the Groups are still in for the next game, it should be more refined to proper eras.

I think they can startw with some simple changes right now in GTS:

GrX/GrX Classic/Gr X VGT

Gr 1/Gr1 VGT

Seeing VGTs labeled as Gr1 with real cars is kinda annoying and it's a simple change that wouldn't hurt the game.

Last edited:
Tire walls?The movement of the driver inside the cockpit?

I think PD will make some virtual only championships that gives huge credit prizes,Polyphony Digital Cup was one of the championships on GT Sport release.

I think they can startw with some simple changes right now in GTS:

GrX/GrX Classic/Gr X VGT

Gr 1/Gr1 VGT

Seeing VGTs labeled as Gr1 with real cars is kinda annoying and it's a simple change that wouldn't hurt the game.
In GTS("we could have called it GT7"), GT League still carries the tradition of using one car to do multiple races. I can take a S660 and race in MR, Club an, Sunday Cup. However, I can't tune it to run in the Endurance races like past GTs. I think GT5 was the last race we could do this(tune the Lotus Elise with the RM option and run it in the Dream Car and Le Mans 24H).
Can't for the life of me, remember the endurance races in GT6. Those may have been limited.

Edit:
We also have Multi-class racing in the Nurburgring Meister Mission Challenge. All these challenges with this feature and no Sport Mode or Custom Options for it.

Last edited:
This game is unplayable right now lol

It crashed 5 times in the past hour. Thought I could get back into the game after a two week hiatus but what am I thinking. Nice job PD!

This game is unplayable right now lol

It crashed 5 times in the past hour. Thought I could get back into the game after a two week hiatus but what am I thinking. Nice job PD!
It's all the more frustrating that this behavior is unpredictable. At least if it happened to everyone, or if it happens if you do certain things, PD would take notice or we could deduce why this happens. But no this bug is totally random :irked:

It's all the more frustrating that this behavior is unpredictable. At least if it happened to everyone, or if it happens if you do certain things, PD would take notice or we could deduce why this happens. But no this bug is totally random :irked:
It’s so annoying :(

After the last update my game didn’t crash for like 3 or 4 weeks straight. Before that I would usually get the blue screen of death when the game was running for more than 3 hours.

But now? Ugh...

I had a massive crash a couple months ago. No blue screen, but the entire system (Slim) just shut down. Bit disconcerting but no issues since then..

Getting the feeling this game is winding down in the quality stakes. The switch to weekly daily challenges is the start, the new circuit experience with the latest update is another. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE GOING

The video does a bit of a poor job of demonstrating the amount of bloom, but in real terms playing its about twice as much

Getting the feeling this game is winding down in the quality stakes. The switch to weekly daily challenges is the start, the new circuit experience with the latest update is another. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE GOING

The video does a bit of a poor job of demonstrating the amount of bloom, but in real terms playing its about twice as much

The GT by Citroën's cockpit has a really narrow visibility to somehow emulate a jet fighter cockpit. And apparently, Sainte Croix's lighting looks excessive.

the new circuit experience with the latest update is IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE GOING

The choice of car doesn’t help much either. Terrible

Another confirmation for NASCAR:
https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2018/05/14/Technology/NASCAR-innovation.aspx

NASCAR’s consumer innovation group was formed in February and is headed up by Blake Davidson [...]
Other gaming companies licensed by NASCAR include Microsoft’s “Forza Motorsport,” Sony’s “Gran Turismo” and EA’s “Real Racing.”
NASCAR already confirm in the ending credits, Not very surprising. But it good thing we have extras info to confirm NASCAR really coming.

Is the something wrong with the Ford GT or do I just suck at the game? I can't seem to make turns very well at all. I just understeer into and out of the corner. Is that the way the car handles in rwal life?

Is the something wrong with the Ford GT or do I just suck at the game? I can't seem to make turns very well at all. I just understeer into and out of the corner. Is that the way the car handles in rwal life?

I'm assuming you're talking about the Gr.3. Yes it is pretty understeer-ey for an MR. But it has insane top speed, that's why it's OP right now.

I use a 5 year old 36" Sony Bravia Smart TV. Haven't experienced the blindness others have.

Back