Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
I would be very surprised if you end up predicting the introduction of Fuji Speedway...

Or this year's LM race winning Toyota + Nighttime at Circuit de la sarthe

But it will be probably this:

1969_Toyota_7_01.jpg

or this:

release of the 2019 Toyota Supra MKIII road version

I still struggled with the X-Bow with the setup. I just wall ride with the Veneno detuned for a race bonus, no clean bonus but then I can play bowling with the other cars and not worry. I did it a handful of times before getting fed up anyway. I reckon the Nostalgic one is for me now if I need cash that much.

I'd love the Toyota 7 however it would get shoved into Group X as well.

And you'd be needing a few of its brothers in Can Am, the Nissan r382? The McLaren M2HB thingo? Lola?

Can't see a suggestions thread.

As a new(ish) player I'd like to see the sectional track divides (circuit experience) available in arcade mode to allow for more focussed practice of 'problem' areas with particular cars.

Something I feel would really help me - especially on the longer tracks.
yes and the other thing which bugs me is why we always need to wait month to get circuit exp. of the tracks we got last month. It would be better if we will get circuit exp. already with the new track to start to learn it.

J.D
yes and the other thing which bugs me is why we always need to wait month to get circuit exp. of the tracks we got last month. It would be better if we will get circuit exp. already with the new track to start to learn it.

Yeah that makes too much sense for PD.

In bizarro world you should get the circuit experience before you even get the track in general league or sport rotation.

GT inserted this class themed racing with N's and Groups but i feel it still can be greatly improved with the addiction of more subcategories, like hashtags.
Take the Group 1: the Porsche 919 will be a #gr1 #lmp1 #prototype
The bugatti would be #gr1 #gt #vgt
and finally the 787b #gr1 #prototype #classic
That would help sorting out immersive fields in single player and help multiplayer too
Pretty interested in what was done to GTSport, hope to see them elaborate more on what they already have in the future

Flag: PSN ID Nationality
Number on the box: The race number that's set using the Racing Number function in the Racing Items subsection of the Livery Editor/Seed number in Sport Mode races.
Sorry i didn't understand, can you explain it better?

How many ****ing times am I going to get kicked out of a Sport Mode lobby that isn’t even full!?

It’s ****ing maddening, waiting around for a race to start... then to get kicked out and then being forced to wait another 20mins before you can try again....

For all those experiencing disco’s how does PD’s network assessment rate your network connection?
I understand that a ping close to 50 is good but I don't have a clue what the radar looking thing means or how to understand it.
I've only done 4 races since the disconnects started and only been booted once.

Coukd someone explain the radar thing?

Attachments

• 9C928415-BFFA-4BB8-B0BD-A45EAD99CA1B.jpeg
    9C928415-BFFA-4BB8-B0BD-A45EAD99CA1B.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 26
And again... **** this game

The text you can do from the Sport Mode section?

I have a pint of 27 and I’m in the green on everything with the line
“This is a good network environment” under it
Wi fi or ethernet?

Your result is the same as mine, I’m hardwired to router, ping is 23, I have two kids playing fortnite on their xbox1’s at the same time and Ive not had a disco yet, I’ve been in plenty of lobbies as players have been dumped, 220mps download, 12 up.

Wi fi or ethernet?

Your result is the same as mine, I’m hardwired to router, ping is 23, I have two kids playing fortnite on their xbox1’s at the same time and Ive not had a disco yet, I’ve been in plenty of lobbies as players have been dumped, 220mps download, 12 up.
WiFi, no option to hardwire it at the moment.

I played all last night without issue. From what I’ve been able to tell it’s nothing my end, everyother network service is working as it should...

Yup disconnected again, four times in a row. It seems I’m unable to actually join any game after being matched with people. I’m uploading a short clip.

How many ****ing times am I going to get kicked out of a Sport Mode lobby that isn’t even full!?

It’s ****ing maddening, waiting around for a race to start... then to get kicked out and then being forced to wait another 20mins before you can try again....
today it happened to me 3 times.....Frustrating
It happened again!!! :mad::banghead:

5 green bars
4 green bar

I got this tweet in reply to my complaints;

It just reminds me of why I stopped playing GT6, lobby crashes, invisible players etc, whilst the problems are affecting others more recently there always has been an inherent problem with connection to PD’s lobbies.

James Hillier (Isle of Man TT rider) plays often and he was expressing his frustration with the pre-update penalties. :lol: He was pretty fast.

I met Jack Aitken (F2 and Renault F1 reserve driver) and he was slightly annoyed that I gave James some tips to go faster than him but it was all good fun. Jack eventually went faster. (Me and Jack below :))

View attachment 753114

Alex Albon (F2) and his brother Luca had a go and Luca was actually faster.

Colin Turkington was pretty quick and his corner cutting at Brands Hatch in true BTCC fashion was pretty funny! His sons wanted him to get on the top 10 board so I helped him out too. There is a very special feeling in these instances where you give drivers of this calibre tips and you watch them learn and improve every lap at an alien-like rate.

View attachment 753115

Alex Buncombe finished top of the board at the end of the weekend and pipped Lucas. :)

There were also some signing sessions including Vandoorne and Kubica at the FIA stand where we had a couple of pods. I didn't meet them but my mate asked Stoffel if he wanted to drive a McLaren to which he replied "no" and instead picked a Honda! Very telling. :lol:
I can understand the frustration. :lol:

Familiar names there, you did the right thing helping a fellow GTer out. Probably not long until Isle of Man is in a GT game.

The real world drivers tend to have a sizeable advantage though as it is large part of their life, they are handy at the real thing and also probably spend quite a bit of time on simulators so already have the know-how. Don't be taken in by their innocence. ;)

It's always interesting to see how real world drivers adapt though to maybe a new experience for them. Reminds me of this Nigel Mansell video on R3E where you can visibly see rapid rate of improvement: Link. IIRC on Lewis Nurburgring reference lap, you could see Lewis started to realise the kind of throttle application needed to get the best traction after a little while.

I hope Sony release PS5 next year with GT and maybe also release a handheld too, that should allow line to reality to blurred even further and hopefully more direct drive wheels come out for consoles too. CPU performance increase will be huge so should give console only first party developers an advantage over PC developers regarding gameplay as they can target a CPU that is at the cutting edge that is extremely capable and take it to its limit, kind of a unique situation and should be great for simulation games. Will be interesting to try out Assetto Corsa Competizione in a few days time...

Alex is a beast, they should do a GT eAcademy, from reality to virtual competition lol. I remember being really impressed a few years back seeing video of him driving to the ragged edge an old priceless Jag around Monaco, like no 🤬 given and him doing an amazing Monza overtaking spree.

He is probably eyeing up a Toro Rosso seat, your mate should have told him the Renault Mégane Trophy is the GOAT in the game. :lol: IIRC McLaren had a time trial on their stand to beat Lando Norris, if he beat him there then he might have kept his seat or at least won a signed hat. :lol: Incredible situation at McLaren with their PU decision making, you couldn't make it up.

That reminds me, did you beat Gasly in the end last year and did you own the times this year at Goodwood? Incredible that he almost went overlooked and now has chance to drive for a top team next year and Vandoorne is potentially out of the series. What a difference a year makes!

Great job man dominating GTS Season 3 Nations, good job they let you out of Area 51 in time to contend. :lol: GTP and UK FTW, hope you can win the trophy. 👍 I heard PDI treat aliens like royalty so you are in good hands. :lol:

Are you still using a T500RS, how is the feedback in GTS?

Maybe wrong; but Having the same issues made me try to go back to main menu each time i complete the daily miles 1 car gift. I wait the gift, then go back to sport mode . Much less issues for me doing that. In one Word , i don’t let a car gift in stock

Maybe wrong; but Having the same issues made me try to go back to main menu each time i complete the daily miles 1 car gift. I wait the gift, then go back to sport mode . Much less issues for me doing that. In one Word , i don’t let a car gift in stock
I don’t really understand what you mean? At the point in which I was being d/c’d from lobbies I hadn’t don’t enough miles to even get the gift car.

That reminds me, did you beat Gasly in the end last year and did you own the times this year at Goodwood? Incredible that he almost went overlooked and now has chance to drive for a top team next year and Vandoorne is potentially out of the series. What a difference a year makes!

Great job man dominating GTS Season 3 Nations, good job they let you out of Area 51 in time to contend. :lol: GTP and UK FTW, hope you can win the trophy. 👍 I heard PDI treat aliens like royalty so you are in good hands. :lol:

Are you still using a T500RS, how is the feedback in GTS?

Gasly beat me last year. He was ridiculously good. We both had our eyes on the same optimal lap, just couldn't put it together. I'm not surpised he's in a top team already.

Thanks! Still using the T500 RS, nearly 6 years old but still feels like new. The T-GT gives more information in GT Sport. For example, you can really tell when the front starts to lose grip with the T-GT. But I don't like the feel of it and the rim's too small

I hope Sony release PS5 next year with GT and maybe also release a handheld too, that should allow line to reality to blurred even further

If you think PS5 and a new GT are remotely possible next year, let alone a handheld I would say your line is already incredibly blurred to begin with! ;)

Gasly beat me last year. He was ridiculously good. We both had our eyes on the same optimal lap, just couldn't put it together. I'm not surpised he's in a top team already.

Thanks! Still using the T500 RS, nearly 6 years old but still feels like new. The T-GT gives more information in GT Sport. For example, you can really tell when the front starts to lose grip with the T-GT. But I don't like the feel of it and the rim's too small
Now he can fight! Max will be tough to beat though, the movement in the driver market has sure created some interesting head to heads...

In the end T500RS after a few revisions seems to have turned out as potentially the most reliable wheel for PS3 / PS4, who would have thought lol. I was tempted to get a T-GT but reliability issues has put me off, now tempted by the Fanatec F1 DD1 PS4 wheel although hoping Logitech make a cheaper direct drive wheel.
If you think PS5 and a new GT are remotely possible next year, let alone a handheld I would say your line is already incredibly blurred to begin with! ;)
It is perfect timing for new consoles IMO, I would be happy with even a GT tech demo on PS5 soon. Ideal scenario will be for Sony to release handheld earlier in the year (That could be like 25x faster than a PS Vita :crazy:) and PS5 later in the year which GPU and memory wise maybe about twice as powerful as a PS4 Pro and CPU might be like 6x faster which should allow for a big improvement in gameplay as IPC is very important for better AI and complex simulations.

The head of Sony's gaming department has said PS5 won't be for a few years. Obviously Sony want to keep people buying existing stuff but they announce it well in advance and since the message recently is "PS5: not for a while" I don't expect the PS5 announcement until late next year at the earliest, with release in 2020.

As for specs, it's all still guesswork but they are mass market not high end machines, so it will be lower than what people demand at the time but games will run fine and people will be happy anyway. LMAO games are always bugged and no one is ever happy, but you know what I mean!

Back on topic, I think the future of GT is actually in VR since fixed cockpit games are the best first step as they solve the whole "sitting while moving around" problem, and the most limiting thing for racing and awareness is IMO the fixed viewpoint.

And again... **** this game

The test you can do from the Sport Mode section?

I have a ping of 27 and I’m in the green on everything with the line
“This is a good network environment” under it

DmpdNa_W0AA4RmB

Let’s try a 4th time..

Currently I am unable to use this feature. It states “The test feature cannot be used at this time. Please wait and try again later.”

It’s been that way for a couple of hours now. There’s a PSN test from the XMB, I’m Type 2, 78.3, 9.5. I have not tired to join any Sport races today. I am wired and never had any sports mode disco’s. I have had invisible racers in lobbies.

Now that we pay to play online is quite upsetting.

Currently I am unable to use this feature. It states “The test feature cannot be used at this time. Please wait and try again later.”

It’s been that way for a couple of hours now. There’s a PSN test from the XMB, I’m Type 2, 78.3, 9.5. I have not tired to join any Sport races today. I am wired and never had any sports mode disco’s. I have had invisible racers in lobbies.

Now that we pay to play online is quite upsetting.

Mine doesn't work, either. USA account connecting from Argentina.

Back