Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
I get with the R18, but the GT-R is supposed to be a unicorn car that you can only obtain by golding everything on campaign. Granted it's not exactly the best car to gift with that achievement nor is it useful, but there's still some value to it :)
But maybe instead of gifting, we get a notification that the GT-R Pace Car is now for sale on Brand Central or something. First purchase is free, but you can purchase it again so that you can have multiple liveries in that car as well as being able to put many of them in one scapes shot
You can already do that, with the scapes....
8152078286368834588_0.jpg

I initially bought ps4 to play red dead redemption 2 but its still 3 weeks away and my local market has gt sport on 15€ sale. Should I go for it or wait for gt7?
I used to play a lot gt5 but haven't played racing games since.
I'm in the exact same situation and yeah, it's a worthwhile purchase to kill some till RDR2 releases.

Is there a list anywhere of how long the pit stops are (excluding tires and fuel) for each circuit? I could time them myself but Im far too lazy for that.

Stupid question: - My PS4 just died. I didn't have a backup with my game progress somewhere else. However, the game does save things online, right?

So, if I get the game in a different PS4, how much of my progress is saved?

*sorry if the question is too simple or too stupid. Just didn't feel like starting a new thread on it.

Yes the game save every of your progress, online.

The local save data is only used for offline use. The game will always sync to the servers first before starting.

(I switch between home and office PS4s with same PSN account)

That doesn't make sense. I think I've seen one Sport Mode race for it, in 7 months. If I delete my GT-R Pace Car, then what?
It doesn't have to be used in a Sport Mode race. Nor does the dirty R18.
You're not understanding. One has to get the R18 by sheer luck.
All the Missions, Tests, Circuit Experiences, are able to be completed by everyone, to get the pace car. That's not a rare car according to your view.
Again, in circles, we get to choose two pace cars that don't feature in any races other than Custom Race and online Lobby. Why not offer the GT-R? We got the R34 pace cars in the Used car DEALERSHIP, for GT6.

Same for Gr.3 road cars. Depending on color, those are rare as well(if one doesn't follow Famine's cars and colors breakdown). Yet, we can purchase them.
Alright, we will simplify this even further.

They arent purchaseable because PD doesnt want them to be. It doesnt even matter why, thats simply the way they designed it.

However, there is a reason for PD to make them unpurchaseable. The R18 is merely an easter egg, a simple little thing for people who are paying attention.

The pace car is simply a reward for completing certain activities.

Alright, we will simplify this even further.

They arent purchaseable because PD doesnt want them to be. It doesnt even matter why, thats simply the way they designed it.

However, there is a reason for PD to make them unpurchaseable. The R18 is merely an easter egg, a simple little thing for people who are paying attention.

The pace car is simply a reward for completing certain activities.
And it's 50:50 they will or won't put them in Brand Central. So....

And it's 50:50 they will or won't put them in Brand Central. So....
I absolutely guarantee they wont, at least not any time soon.

Dont worry I normally have to eat my words within one week of saying them so you are probably correct.

I absolutely guarantee they wont, at least not any time soon.

Dont worry I normally have to eat my words within one week of saying them so you are probably correct.

Well I hope you are wrong also because I've been waiting a year now for that R18. grinded to level 50, 100% campaign, platinum, and 200+ daily workouts still don't have it. Extremely frustrating.

Well I hope you are wrong also because I've been waiting a year now for that R18. grinded to level 50, 100% campaign, platinum, and 200+ daily workouts still don't have it. Extremely frustrating.

Isn't that part of the fun with this car?It's the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow,it's a rare thing that will take time till you find it.

Isn't that part of the fun with this car?It's the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow,it's a rare thing that will take time till you find it.

There is some truth to what you say, but I would say that feeling wore off about 4 months ago. 1 year is way too long.

It would be different if it was something you grinded for, so I could at least extrapolate when I would receive it. Like if it were a prize for level 50, for example.

but with every passing update they add ~8 more cars and your chances of getting it become closer to zero. It's basically impossible to get at this point, if you crunch the numbers and take the algorithm into account. I would gladly buy it out of the PS Store for real money.

The Audi R18 TDI Le Mans 2011 is the dirty version of the Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) '11. The Audi R18 '16 doesn't have a dirty version.
I've got it then. I've wondered why I've got two Audi R18 with the the same year (11) but slightly different names.

Cool. :cool:

Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) '11
0E6556F6-60FF-4244-987B-5FBE3070DD2C.jpeg

Audi R18 TDI (Le Mans 2011)
B3B611D7-35CA-4CBD-A9F9-DA82414E974C.jpeg

Difference

Are there ways to upload the full resolution images and a working animation GIF?

Last edited:
The best thing for me is having the two Audi R18 TDI's without realizing I had them both.

I was given it as a prize car before I started cataloging vehicles I was winning from the daily prize wheel and it was only in the later
part of this year when the trophy for taking a photo of the car on La Sarthe popped on my PS4 that made me check and find it was
the rare car.

Very much doubt anything will change with that car or the GT-R Pace car anytime soon but I do want the Skyline Pace car from the
earlier Gran Turismo's back in the game as that one is still a favorite of mine.

Quick question - how likely is it and/or where can you win the 787B? I'm on the verge of buying it, but would like to save myself 1,000,000 Cr...

@Touring Mars I don't think it's a guaranteed win anywhere in game. You'd just have to get lucky on the daily workout wheel.

Speaking of the wheel. I started an alt ID to have the extra decal upload space, but I've been playing through the game. I've been doing just enough each day to get the workout, but have already cleared(gold) all school, missions, and circuit experience. Working on the races, I've figured I wouldn't buy any cars, just use what the game has given me. This is presenting a problem already, as there are 5 events in Amatuer I can't do, as I don't have a qualifying car.

I've moved on to the next, but I can see it being difficult to do all the races, without buying a car.

Last edited:
The lastest news about the next gen, rumors about some next gen games, and even some news from Poly, I start to think that the next GT won't be on PS4 and I would be happy with it.

The lastest news about the next gen, rumors about some next gen games, and even some news from Poly, I start to think that the next GT won't be on PS4 and I would be happy with it.
Wouldn't be a bad idea to post links about the things you've posting about.

Gr. X Nostalgic Cars, probably won't get fixed. I think it's just a One Make class when used in Custom Race.

I think it was the Audi VGT that I was able to race against Gr. 2 cars. If I can do that, I don't see why Gr. X doesn't race against their same class, in Arcade Mode.

Wow... OK, so I haven't played GTS for a while, so I didn't realise you can buy cars with actual money...

£2.49 for the 787B :lol: I nearly choked on my doner kebab...

I think I may have binned the rare Audi ><

I occasionally go through and remove duplicate cars obtained on the daily roulette. I was sure I had several Gr.1 Audis but checking last night I only had the two Team Joust ones from Brand Central.

Back