Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
I'd imagine that the sound from the car would change with the doors open versus when they are closed as some of it must be leaking into the cabin. With all of the acoustic variances they're capturing it makes me think that they do some level of interpreting and mixing of various acoustic perspectives to create the finished sounds.

But what concerns me is how they're recording the audio without much regard for the background as they seemed to have just pulled a car halfway into a garage. The reverb of that would be horrible for a recording like that.

That's not a garage, it's an anechoic chamber specifically designed to absorb sound reflections. Kaz has talked about the difficulty of recording sound for GT Sport since they have to go out of their way to haul cars into anechoic chambers to get suitably good recordings.

I think the door open/closing sound thing refers to the sound of the door mechanisms, the recording of which is old news IIRC. On the other hand, PD have been known to record the sounds of convertibles with the top up and down separately in the past, so it's possible that they do record each car twice with open and closed doors as well.

The fun part is trying to figure out where the Zonda R will go.

Either Gr.X (realistic) or N800 (based on hp and the fact the Vulcan is in an N class too)

Hopefully no more hypercars, they are just too powerful, and not meant to be controlled with the index finger and the thumb imo.

There are literally about 4 hypercars in the game

That's a negative. They are the only two Lotus vehicles in the files that I've seen:
YuexynG.png

If there were anymore listed in any text databases, I'm unable to read them (yet) because PoDi has encrypted them this time around...
Wow this could be an amazing addition into my GT Sport deleted and cut content thread.

Now I wonder if we would get Zonda R or Huayra returning in GTS... Or any recent Pagani's...

Edit : Recently found on my Instagram feed, someone who owned NSX revealed that his car was used for the GTS sound recording. Possibly it is sound sample for recently added NSX-R but if you noticed the car used for recording sample is an Acura though :

However, this is probably the most interesting piece as someone asked to him :

View attachment 770819

I wonder what "open and closing doors" for to be honest...

this is how they record all the cars engines sounds in GT Sport ?

Edit : Recently found on my Instagram feed, someone who owned NSX revealed that his car was used for the GTS sound recording. Possibly it is sound sample for recently added NSX-R but if you noticed the car used for recording sample is an Acura though :

View attachment 770819

Deleted now.

Recording the sound of doors opening and closing is about the most PD thing ever
Especially when they can never be opened in-game. With how detailed they get into modeling cars, you'd figure that there would be a Virtual Tour in Brand Central, allowing you to open doors, look around the interior and just gawk at other parts of the car that aren't otherwise seen during gameplay.

Especially when they can never be opened in-game. With how detailed they get into modeling cars, you'd figure that there would be a Virtual Tour in Brand Central, allowing you to open doors, look around the interior and just gawk at other parts of the car that aren't otherwise seen during gameplay.
Or maybe for VR Showroom purposes?

Offtopic, but I want to talk about the racing groups. I don't understand why PD doesn't just make new racing classes for certain vehicles versus lumping them in an existing one (I.E. placing Group C race cars in Gr.1). I mean, wouldn't it be better to just create a class for them? They could call it "Group 1 Retro" or something. It seems to work well with Project Cars.

Offtopic, but I want to talk about the racing groups. I don't understand why PD doesn't just make new racing classes for certain vehicles versus lumping them in an existing one (I.E. placing Group C race cars in Gr.1). I mean, wouldn't it be better to just create a class for them? They could call it "Group 1 Retro" or something. It seems to work well with Project Cars.
^this x100000000

As it stands now we get a Gr.1 race every what, 2 months? Imagine halving that number. You're talking about 2-3 Gr.C races a year.

Obviously going back to Daily races would solve this. But we can't bet on that.

Logistically it would make more sense for them to adjust the BoP until Gr.C is competitive.

Yessss!
Now I wonder if we would get Zonda R or Huayra returning in GTS... Or any recent Pagani's...

View attachment 770819

About the Corvette Art Morisson back in 2007:
https://jalopnik.com/238136/from-bucket-to-binary-morrison-corvette-scanned-into-gran-turismo
"They took video of me going through the gears, and the starting sequence of the car. Turning the wheel. Setting the e-brake. Pulling the hood release. Hi-beam Lo-beam. Everything." said Craig.

And still no forzavista mode. :banghead:

Deleted now.

Already noticed, thanks 👍 That makes me wondering if there some kind of embargo going on here. Perhaps the owner get warned by some PD or GT related staff/crews as it seems.

On the other hand, 22B is coming out of nowhere from today's Asia-Oceania stream! :eek: :D We need PD do this surprise more often as it is good and clever marketing strategy in my opinion 👍

Latest Posts

Back