Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
The original Japanese title of "The Passion of Dr. Wankel" is "ヴァンケル博士の愛情 (Wankel (Vankeru)-hakase no aijou)".
I think it was inspired by the Japanese title of a movie, "Dr. Strangelove".
The Japanese title is "博士の異常な愛情 (Hakase no ijou na aijou, The Strange Love of the Doctor)", yeah, actually it was mistranslated though.

The official title is sooo long, so it's engraved in many people's hearts.

Last edited:
The original Japanese title of "The Passion of Dr. Wankel" is "ヴァンケル博士の愛情 (Wankel (Vankeru)-hakase no aijou)".
The Japanese title is "博士の異常な愛情 (Hakase no ijou na aijou, The Strange Love of the Doctor)", yeah, actually it was mistranslated though.

I hope they don't change it it's perfect

I might be on my own here, but I hate Eleanor and pretty much any hot-rodded versions of muscle cars appearing over their stock variants. I would much rather an original fastback mustang or Chevy Nova compared to a modified, lowered wide body variant with 700hp.

Anyone having issues playing online or is it just me?
Just got kicked out from daily c almost at the end of the race.
I cannot enter any other race and if I try to do the connection test says that the function isn't available.
The error is ne-210000cd

I might be on my own here, but I hate Eleanor and pretty much any hot-rodded versions of muscle cars appearing over their stock variants. I would much rather an original fastback mustang or Chevy Nova compared to a modified, lowered wide body variant with 700hp.

You're talking about the Mach 40?I don't think it's called Eleanor

Last edited:
He's talking about Restomods. Restoring classic cars with new technology, widebodies, etc. I'm not entirely sure Eleanor qualifies as Restomod, but the Mach 40 definitely does.
I agree most Restomods are weird looking and sometimes it feels like they are degrading the original version of the car,but i love the Mach 40,it might be a exception to the rule but the wide bodykit really suits that mustang.

Anybody else randomly get a message saying they're able to register as an S rated driver. I just did but I'm confused because I'm not even A+, I'm halfway between A and A+ atm but I'm very surprised lol. Was it because I finished top 200 in the regional manufacturers? Should I do it? What are the downsides?

Anybody else randomly get a message saying they're able to register as an S rated driver. I just did but I'm confused because I'm not even A+, I'm halfway between A and A+ atm but I'm very surprised lol. Was it because I finished top 200 in the regional manufacturers? Should I do it? What are the downsides?

This has been popping up sporadically for some people. Yes, it's based on FIA Season 3. Got mine last week.

This has been popping up sporadically for some people. Yes, it's based on FIA Season 3. Got mine last week.

I was outside the top 200 in season 3, in the exhibition season 1 I was in the top 200 though. How do people like IRTNissman and Calster not have the S rating?

I was outside the top 200 in season 3, in the exhibition season 1 I was in the top 200 though. How do people like IRTNissman and Calster not have the S rating?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Why so late, why only some people, and why not all at the same time...

My S Rating was for this exhibition season, caltser beat me to the number 1 spot for Lambo, I guess he will have received his registration today like me, Ive messaged him to ask if he has received it.

Rest assured. There's a DR D driver with an S rank because he's from an obscure country/manufacturer

Haha, I don't see any reason not to take it now tbh, how many other chances am I going to get to be an S driver. I did finish 5th for Hyundai so I'm no slouch but I'm way off the top 10 stars usually, my best around Fuji is a 1:39.0, some 1.3 seconds off the top time and that is pretty standard. Hopefully I get matched against the big boys and I can take part in a Tidgney live stream race :dunce:

Haha, I don't see any reason not to take it now tbh, how many other chances am I going to get to be an S driver. I did finish 5th for Hyundai so I'm no slouch but I'm way off the top 10 stars usually, my best around Fuji is a 1:39.0, some 1.3 seconds off the top time and that is pretty standard. Hopefully I get matched against the big boys and I can take part in a Tidgney live stream race :dunce:
Not saying you shouldn't. Go for it and good luck on your endeavor

I got 200,000 credits, and 5000 ME points yesterday on both my IDs, for an American Nations Cup victory, apparently. A nice surprise since I've never ran a NC race, on either account, or even signed up.

Given that most of the character names in Dr. Strangelove (including the Dr. himself) are sexual innuendos, I guess 'The Passion of Dr. Wankel' is very much tongue-in-cheek.... well played PD! 👍

MMX
I got 200,000 credits, and 5000 ME points yesterday on both my IDs, for an American Nations Cup victory, apparently. A nice surprise since I've never ran a NC race, on either account, or even signed up.
I got the same on my UK account and I've NEVER done an online race in this game at all.

GT7SP_ELISE_11_THUMB.png

Makes me wonder if there were more Lotuses that were cut after seeing the TCRF page for GT Sport.

GT7SP_ELISE_11_THUMB.png

Makes me wonder if there were more Lotuses that were cut after seeing the TCRF page for GT Sport.

Thanks, I hope the return of Lotus too...

Edit: The page description says that this image and the other Lotus images had been attached yesterday...
Will something happen soon?

Quite coincidence that few days ago was Lotus 70th birthday. And now we have this mysterious Elise image came from nowhere... 💡

Last edited:
Back