Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
Unknown track?
Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_08-17-16_029.jpg_600.jpg

Hey man, sadly not, it's this industrial location scape, probably with that 'blur the background' thing to fake movement...

i11J8CUPpxrjcb.jpg

Great pics though! I love new stuffz... :)

Its not the word you used, its what you used to describe a casual player. It doesn't seem like an issue with language in this case. A casual player is not one who expects everything to be like NFS, like I said. That would just be someone who is only used to arcade games. Someone can be a hardcore gamer with arcade games, or any game for that matter.
Firstly i use the casual word when i talk about physics, nothing to do with what type of game he play

Firstly i use the casual word when i talk about physics, nothing to do with what type of game he play
It's really odd that you specifically mentioned the game he was expecting, then. Either way, being a casual player doesn't really have anything to do with physics either. Like I said, I'm a casual player, and I very much enjoy games that are the higher-tiered games that are available to me on console.

What was the last game on Ps3 from the GT series? Translation, interpretation.. Name it like you want.

I did it just for information to the thread and the best i could.

If you don't like it,well do it yourself Mr prefect.
He doesn't talk about the last game but the PlayStation 3 games so GT5 and GT6, the correct word he use is ' PS3 versions'

It's really odd that you specifically mentioned the game he was expecting, then. Either way, being a casual player doesn't really have anything to do with physics either. Like I said, I'm a casual player, and I very much enjoy games that are the higher-tiered games that are available to me on console.
That s why i said it s maybe the wrong word
Don't see a link with Nfs or you will misunderstand what i want to say
Maybe the correct word is noob for the skill, but i didn't use it cause it seem like rude

Yikes. 78 new screenshots and still no indication of new tracks. Unless we're getting new set of screenshots later, there doesn't seem to be any hope of new content shown other than the probable rally gameplay.

C'mon PD! Let's see some new tracks and features!

I'm confused, isn't Fisherman's Ranch a new track?

Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_08-17-16_031.jpg

We can see through the wing mirror. Since GT6, there are more and more colors like in Forza when GT5 was "cold".

GT6 are really good at designing the kind of race cars that people want to see.

Judging by all those screen shots it looks like GTS will be the top game when it comes to the visuals, looks very good. Now I just want to have real 3d foliage. But it does look 2d still, especially at nordschlife, imagine driving in VR.. bläääh.

Okay, so about the AI...

First time I tried the game, I took the SLS GT3 around the Norschleife, Slick Medium, no aids, AI set to professional. First thing I notice during the race is that the AI opponent are fighting to keep their position. They blocked me, drove faster and when I eventually got to pass them they went crazy fast trying to catch me up. Arrived at Dottinger Hohe I eventually got to the first place (not without multiple fights) but right before Tiergarten a Peugeot VGT went down to the inside and passed me while we were driving at top speed. I never saw anything similar in previous GTs. I only won the race because I dived on the Peugeot's inside at Hohenrain, and even there the AI managed to avoid me.

Second time I tried the game, I took a Subura on the new dirt track. The AI opponent was a modified Mustang. Same settings as the SLS GT3, no aids, AI set to pro. You guys know how slow the AI was on GT6 when racing on a dirt track. Well, that's another story in GTS ! I'm still impressed at how the Mustang managed to stay right at my ass the whole race and during the last lap it took an opportunity to pass me. I couldn't catch up...

Damn too bad I couldn't film to prove you guys how fun that was...

What about FF compared to GT6 or Project Cars?

Can we choose time of day?

Have you played Project Cars? If yes, try compare AI on both games (I usually played AI 85-90 on PC).

Tell us more about graphics, any problems with framerate or V-Sync?

Okay, so about the AI...

First time I tried the game, I took the SLS GT3 around the Norschleife, Slick Medium, no aids, AI set to professional. First thing I notice during the race is that the AI opponent are fighting to keep their position. They blocked me, drove faster and when I eventually got to pass them they went crazy fast trying to catch me up. Arrived at Dottinger Hohe I eventually got to the first place (not without multiple fights) but right before Tiergarten a Peugeot VGT went down to the inside and passed me while we were driving at top speed. I never saw anything similar in previous GTs. I only won the race because I dived on the Peugeot's inside at Hohenrain, and even there the AI managed to avoid me.

Second time I tried the game, I took a Subura on the new dirt track. The AI opponent was a modified Mustang. Same settings as the SLS GT3, no aids, AI set to pro. You guys know how slow the AI was on GT6 when racing on a dirt track. Well, that's another story in GTS ! I'm still impressed at how the Mustang managed to stay right at my ass the whole race and during the last lap it took an opportunity to pass me. I couldn't catch up...

Damn too bad I couldn't film to prove you guys how fun that was...
Looks like the AI annoyingly adjusting themselves to your speed instead of going all out like they should is still a thing...but at least they're faster overall.

I didn't try any FF.

For the Nordschleife I could choose between 3pm and 8pm

I played Project Cars but I'm too busy to try it right now sorry.

There are still some glitches (the barriers are still buged, some corruption might appear on the track) and framerate seems to be unlocked with dips below, but that was rare.

Looks like the AI annoyingly adjusting themselves to your speed instead of going all out like they should is still a thing...but at least they're faster overall.

Actually no, I was watching other people "driving" while waiting for my turn and the AI easily built up a gap of about 2 minutes.

Back