Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
That is a scape. There is a random car parked in the pitlane and small imperfections/bits of dirt on the track that you wouldn't add in a game. The little black bit on the bottom left is even casting it's own little shadow.

Last edited:
Car showcase by duo and the background is too detailled to be 3d models
That background does not look too detailed to be in game and we still have no confirmation from PD that it is a scape so we should stop saying that as fact. It could very well be a scape, but we do not know for sure yet.

That is a scape. There is a random car parked in the pitlane and small imperfections/bits of dirt on the track that you wouldn't add in a game. The little black bit on the bottom left is even casting it's own little shadow.
Scape or not now am positive that we will see La Sarthe in GT Sport. :) It would be so stupid to promote track and not put it in game.

Jaggies coming back it looks like!

upload_2016-8-17_17-14-45.png

Everything else looks great though (as usual). 👍

Scape or not now am positive that we will see La Sarthe in GT Sport. :) It would be so stupid to promote track and not put it in game.

Probably but it's still rather concerning that they aren't showing off any other circuits. It's a very strange strategy and one can't help wondering if it's because they're still very unfinished. We know even the ones they did show initially were far from finished.

Two friends of mine came to my house some days ago when GTS was first showed. They REALLY wanted to show me a youtube channel that mainly talk rubish about the PS4(they both owns a PS4 and like GT series).
They wanted me to show this videos wheres this guys who really loves Xbox One and hate PS4, where him shows a paused image, from a trailer filmed off screen and with huge compression issues, then they said:
"Look how bad the game looks like, i wont buy it!"

Then i showed a direct feed video from GTS, and explained how gorgeous the game are and that the last thing we have to worry about is the grafics.
They didn't believed me!:ouch::ouch:

It's amazing how youtubers have so many influence in those young people(they are younger than me, i think they're 18/19).

After our conversation, they said that they will wait for me to buy the game and play it at my house...

As for the dirt track graphically it looks great but it's the same old PD design, too wide. I'm not sure whether they've ever seen real rallying.

I can only imagine they're attempting to go for a retro arcade rally game vibe?

Is it too much to ask for real rallycross tracks? These circular rally stages are no good and are very awkward to drive, let alone race on.

Yes, the same old :) Those wider tracks serve online multiplayers very well.

They really don't...

Two friends of mine came to my house some days ago when GTS was first showed. They REALLY wanted to show me a youtube channel that mainly talk rubish about the PS4(they both owns a PS4 and like GT series).
They wanted me to show this videos wheres this guys who really loves Xbox One and hate PS4, where him shows a paused image, from a trailer filmed off screen and with huge compression issues, then they said:
"Look how bad the game looks like, i wont buy it!"

Then i showed a direct feed video from GTS, and explained how gorgeous the game are and that the last thing we have to worry about is the grafics.
They didn't believed me!:ouch::ouch:

It's amazing how youtubers have so many influence in those young people(they are younger than me, i think they're 18/19).

After our conversation, they said that they will wait for me to buy the game and play it at my house...
True,especially the little kids that has never played the game

I thought the Group B Rally Mustang was the most beautiful thing ever. Until i saw that new Rally WRX STI :drool:
I know, right? It looks like straight out of hell, ready to beat every car crossing it's way. Can't wait to see how menacing it looks in Matte Black.

But think about it: recording, say, with a camcorder or your phone almost invariably makes the game look worse. The exposure, color temperature, contrast, etc. are usually all wildly different than what they actually look like in-game, there's glare, and the perspective typically isn't 100% head-on so some stuff can look warped. It makes sense that they wouldn't want people filming if most of the footage is going to look like crap.

In case you don't know. It was PD who started recording footage using phone

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-launches-official-snapchat-channel/

You know what? I'm ready to play a Gran Turismo game on PS4, I've enjoyed GT6 for as long as I could, as well as many other racing games and games of other genres but nothing else comes close to capturing that Gran Turismo feeling. I suppose knowing you're playing game in a series that's got a huge legacy is part of it.

Watching the documentary, "KAZ: Pushing The Virtual Divide" made me like Kaz's personality even more. I mean, how can you not respect the man? He races professionally, and his passion for driving and racing is insane, in a good way, plus he develops games for one of the most successful racing franchises of all time. Something about him is really likeable.

Now, obviously, GT Sport won't be perfect, no game is, other great racing games will most likely outshine GT Sport physics wise and in a few other areas too, but it'll still feel like Gran Turismo. And if I'm honest, I've been missing that feeling recently. I know I'm coming across as a massive PD fanboy right now, but I'm just so excited to play a PS4 GT game.

I've waited three years. Is this what people felt like in the build up for GT5? I've played GT3-GT6, but I've only been part of hype for GT6 updates and GT Sport. Looking at those new screenshots, man, they look incredible. If there's one department where PD shines, it's the visuals. Truthfully, Kaz probably pushed the PS3 too hard in his quest for perfection and ended up with a buggy, unstable mess in GT5 and GT6 (at least at launch for both games, I've heard horror stories about the GT5 bugs).

With PlayStation 4, he seems to be pushing the platform again, but from early impressions from our guys here at GTP, the frame rate drops don't seem to be as bad but we won't completely know until we get our hands on the game.

TL;DR - I'm really looking forward to playing GT Sport and experiencing that GT feel once more. The eSports aspect interests me too, but time will tell how that one will play out.

Back