Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
If there really are no new tracks again that for me is.....

When Kaz introduced GT Sport for the first time,it's a pleasant surprise and you are extremely hyped
When there is no new informatoin a couple of months,you don't give up and your spirit remains high
When your best source of information becomes the facebook guy,
alarm bells, alarm bells, alarm bells!

Last edited:
But what exactly are they simulating here? There is no real world rallying done with multiple cars on the same loop track, only Rallycross but clearly that isn't it. It's all very Sega Rally arcade like.

Completely agree. Looks like rallying in GTS is another wasted oportunity for proper rally and rallycross racing in the series. I can't understand this 90's, "Sega Rally-like", vision for rallying in GT.

But what exactly are they simulating here? There is no real world rallying done with multiple cars on the same loop track, only Rallycross but clearly that isn't it. It's all very Sega Rally arcade like.

If this kind of sega rally racing in GTS are included in sport mode and sanctioned by FIA.

2dd.jpg

That was me after seeing the images.

It's all looking like the same old same old. PD need to make point to point like they did in GT5 and GT2 with Piles Peak.

What exactly is new and exciting about GTS?
When I saw GT1, I could not conceive how realistic the cars looked and handled in the demo replays. The way the game looks now is the norm. It's what's expected.

What are PD packaging beyond looks and online play and possible racing licences?

It's all looking like the same old same old. PD need to make point to point like they did in GT5 and GT2 with Piles Peak.

What exactly is new and exciting about GTS?
When I saw GT1, I could not conceive how realistic the cars looked and handled in the demo replays. The way the game looks now is the norm. It's what's expected.

What are PD packaging beyond looks and online play and possible racing licences?
What are any of the others offering? If everything is the norm, what's the hang up on gtsport?

It's clearly for fun factor and it is also perfectly nailed for split screen play. Serious single time attack rally entertains less people than track pack racing, so this is again very traditional PDish way of introducing dusty jumps for the masses.

What are any of the others offering? If everything is the norm, what's the hang up on gtsport?
Well, not to turn this into a versus thing, FH3 has Bluprint, which is essentially an event creator, and cross play. And anyway, @05XR8 was not talking about "everything", it's the visuals that's the norm.

Last edited:

A race between cars on a dirt track / off road racing :) It doesn't have to be stuck to WRC rally formula and Sega Rally is a great fun game, if GTS can be as fun on dirt track like Sega Rally ( accessible to wide age range but hard to master ), it's enough for me :)

Anyway with all the discussion regarding whether the La Sarthe shot was in-game or Scape seemingly nobody mentioned that whilst the M6 was shown in a scape on the Nurburgring GP circuit that wasn't/isn't actually present as a track yet either. Why not, when we've already got Nords. running? Will it be there?

With only 19 or even 15 locations I think we're going to be in for some disappointing and surprising cuts over GT6.

A race between cars on a dirt track / off road racing :) It doesn't have to be stuck to WRC rally formula and Sega Rally is a great fun game, if GTS can be as fun on dirt track like Sega Rally ( accessible to wide age range but hard to master ), it's enough for me :)

There's nothing wrong with the arcade Sega Rally formula, I'm just confused by it's apparent inclusion in a game otherwise focused on simulation racing events. Well at least that seemed like the idea initially, now it's seeming more and more like just another GT game with typical GT/PD 90s game design quirks with an FIA badge slapped on a very small part of it. Depending on your outlook that is either a good thing or a not so good thing.

Anyway with all the discussion regarding whether the La Sarthe shot was in-game or Scape seemingly nobody mentioned that whilst the M6 was shown in a scape on the Nurburgring GP circuit that wasn't/isn't actually present as a track yet either. Why not, when we've already got Nords. running? Will it be there?

With only 19 or even 15 locations I think we're going to be in for some disappointing and surprising cuts over GT6.

There's nothing wrong with the arcade Sega Rally formula, I'm just confused by it's apparent inclusion in a game otherwise focused on simulation racing events. Well at least that seemed like the idea initially, now it's seeming more and more like just another GT game with typical GT/PD 90s game design quirks with an FIA badge slapped on a very small part of it. Depending on your outlook that is either a good thing or a not so good thing.

Now I know it's totally fair for a GT fan to call out problems with the game and all, and there are/will be many. I have doubts about Rally, for example, because I've never enjoyed it on GT before (seriously, Dirt Rally is a revelation) but still, these shots made me go, damn, that looks good. @Samus what did you like about the recent screens? Just curious.

Now I know it's totally fair for a GT fan to call out problems with the game and all, and there are/will be many. I have doubts about Rally, for example, because I've never enjoyed it on GT before (seriously, Dirt Rally is a revelation) but still, these shots made me go, damn, that looks good. @Samus what did you like about the recent screens? Just curious.

As I said in my first post, graphically the screens all look great. Not much more to say about still screenshots, is there? I like how they look, I'm not keen on what the rally ones depict. I was hoping they would either go proper rally or proper rallycross. Instead it appears on the face of it to be the same old 90s arcade thing.

For me, I would prefer to have a focused rally game if I wanted authentic rally simulation, with all the WRC licenses ( cars and stages + championships ) and that means a separate game, not GTS. I don't mind different kinds of off road racing, hell I would love to drive dune buggy in safari themed rally with many cars/bikes in a long distance stages ( point to point )

As I said in my first post, graphically the screens all look great. Not much more to say about still screenshots, is there? I like how they look, I'm not keen on what the rally ones depict. I was hoping they would either go proper rally or proper rallycross. Instead it appears on the face of it to be the same old 90s arcade thing.

You seem like you're not sure whether to get it or not, is that fair?

Anyway, back more on topic: I wonder how many separate rally stages we'll get as part of the selection. Could be quite a large amount... As @Ridox2JZGTE mentions, maybe just calling them 'off-road' would be better. In fact, have PD ever described these as actual 'rally' stages?
But yeah, disappointed as most are with lack of video footage of this one, and any new track ones.

With track count so small good track selection by PD is a must, honestly they shouldn't have even bothered with rally just a waste of cars and tracks but don't get me wrong those cars and tracks look amazing but they will never get full potential from rally in GT... There are waaay more focused games in terms of rally nowdays. They could have used that space for more real curcuits and have more groupwhatever racecars instead of those rally cars

For me, I would prefer to have a focused rally game if I wanted authentic rally simulation, with all the WRC licenses ( cars and stages + championships ) and that means a separate game, not GTS. I don't mind different kinds of off road racing, hell I would love to drive dune buggy in safari themed rally with many cars/bikes in a long distance stages ( point to point )

I would agree which is why just throwing this in seems rather random and a bit of an afterthought, it doesn't seem to fit the direction of the game. A proper rallycross mode would have been much better IMO.

The game doesn't seem to quite know what it wants to be.

You seem like you're not sure whether to get it or not, is that fair?

Anyway, back more on topic: I wonder how many separate rally stages we'll get as part of the selection. Could be quite a large amount... As @Ridox2JZGTE mentions, maybe just calling them 'off-road' would be better. In fact, have PD ever described these as actual 'rally' stages?
But yeah, disappointed as most are with lack of video footage of this one, and any new track ones.

Well it's a moot point for me at the minute really because I don't have a PS4 yet and GTS certainly isn't going to be the game that drives me to owing to the online focus irrespective of how good it might be. I'm still interested to see how it turns out though, obviously, and will likely pick it up whenever I do get a PS4.

PD has never described their rally tracks as stages, no. Up to GT4 they were just named tracks like any other, in GT5 they had P2P courses but they weren't named IIRC, just course maker generated. Seems with GTS again they will be named 'circuits'. With only 27 layouts there can't really be that many rally layouts I'd have thought, maybe 4 at most. That could be boosted if they finally include reverse layouts without counting them as one.

Last edited:
Well it's a moot point for me at the minute really because I don't have a PS4 yet and GTS certainly isn't going to be the game that drives me to owing to the online focus irrespective of how good it might be. I'm still interested to see how it turns out though, obviously, and will likely pick it up whenever I do get a PS4.

That's a good position to be in actually, you can get the NEO without feeling shafted by already having bought a PS4 :)

PD has never described their rally tracks as stages, no. Up to GT4 they were just named tracks like any other, in GT5 they had P2P courses but they weren't named IIRC, just course maker generated. Seems with GTS again they will be named 'circuits'. With only 27 layouts there can't really be that many rally layouts I'd have thought, maybe 4 at most. That could be boosted if they finally include reverse layouts without counting them as one.

Yeah, I've always hated reverse counting as an extra one. If these are just fun, dirty, open off-road things, with smashable fences, then I'm in... Otherwise, meh.

Yeah, I've always hated reverse counting as an extra one. If these are just fun, dirty, open off-road things, with smashable fences, then I'm in... Otherwise, meh.

The physics have always been the biggest turn off for rally in GT, they've always just had that weird, floaty, no-grip feeling. Part of what makes a game like Sega Rally or even Dirt fun are the easy to pick up, fun physics. The GTS rally physics have never been fun.

Could this be a possible course maker track? :confused:

Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_08-17-16_014.jpg

At least I dont see what known track that could be :odd:

Isn't that looking backwards along the bit after Flugplatz?

It's fine, it's just a bit of an anachronism. They could have turned it into amateur rallycross with little effort. Add a bit of tarmac, remove the (presumably) invincible magic plastic tape.

It's very close. I'll be interested to see someone do a full lap to see how close.

Forza Horiiiiiiiiiiiiiizon. ;)

You know you want to.

TL;DR - I'm really looking forward to playing GT Sport and experiencing that GT feel once more. The eSports aspect interests me too, but time will tell how that one will play out.
I just cant wait to play a GT game with the DS4.

I *hate* the DS3(too small, terrible triggers for racing sims) and it played a big part in me not spending a ton of time with GT on PS3.

The X360 pad spoiled me for racing games and now the DS4 is up to par so I'm excited.

I just cant wait to play a GT game with the DS4.

I *hate* the DS3(too small, terrible triggers for racing sims) and it played a big part in me not spending a ton of time with GT on PS3.

The X360 pad spoiled me for racing games and now the DS4 is up to par so I'm excited.

Why have you completely fabricated a post for me? :confused:

the (presumably) invincible magic plastic tape.

It will be laughable if they do have that. I remember back when Colin Mcrae Rally 3 came out on PS2, it was a big talking point that a game now had proper destructible tape. That was 14 years ago.

It's fine, it's just a bit of an anachronism. They could have turned it into amateur rallycross with little effort. Add a bit of tarmac, remove the (presumably) invincible magic plastic tape.

It's very close. I'll be interested to see someone do a full lap to see how close.

Forza Horiiiiiiiiiiiiiizon. ;)

You know you want to.

You know, I always wished PD release an off road game one day with bikes and trucks in it.

Forza Horizon ? Never really interested in it as I'm not keen on buying the Xbox. I like MotorStorm, and unfortunately I have been with Sony far too long, all my mates are with Sony and there are Sony exclusives that I followed :) Unless someone gives me Xbox console :D

Forza Horizon ? Never really interested in it as I'm not keen on buying the Xbox.

But it's on pee cee... :D

You know you want to. ;)

But yeah, if you haven't already watch the E3 gameplay footage. It has supercars flying down country roads, rally raid trucks hooning off road and down the beach, and an off road buggy vs a Willys jeep hanging from a helicopter. I wouldn't buy an Xbox for it but if you ever have a system that can run it, I think you'd have a good time. :) It may not take itself seriously, but it looks like heaps of fun.

I think that's the best you can hope for with a game like Gran Turismo and dirt racing, something that's a bit of fun. Which is why I hope that the dirt track is fairly open and free flowing. Let us stick it in the ditch, let us fly into an embankment, let us roll down the road. Let us do all the silly jumping stuff that Cape Ring used to be used for*. Let's have a track that allows people to hoon around and have a good time instead of being stuck between two invisible walls.

(*As an aside, I hope they've fixed the jump physics to be something a little more realistic. That always bugged me.)

And if Forza Motorsport Apex is anything to go by you'll need an uber powerful pee cee to run it!! ;)

Not really. Apex runs just fine with my 770, and that's with quite a lot of stuff turned on. You could probably run it with something less and get an X1 equivalent experience.

I find it to be less demanding than pCARS, for example.

Back