Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
Yeah, I would totally be a PC gamer too, if it wasn't for the extreme cost. Even buying a NEO too this 'gen' will be cheaper than a decent PC.
So Forza will never be for me, at least for now. Looks like a cool game though. Horizon not so much. Prefer more realistic stuff.

Back on topic, I so badly want to see some Nurb at 8pm footage! @Zlork - you played this right? How was the lighting during gameplay?

RUF? PORSCHE?
hfdtghdfhnf_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png
You wish. Is an Alfa 4c clearly

Not really. Apex runs just fine with my 770, and that's with quite a lot of stuff turned on. You could probably run it with something less and get an X1 equivalent experience.

I find it to be less demanding than pCARS, for example.

Im waiting for more reason to upgrade to win10 :P i still run a 670 and modern games still run pretty smooth with almost everything turn on. ( except NVIDIA gameworks : its the stupidest thing )

unless its a console exclusive, anything else i prefer playing on pc :P

And if Forza Motorsport Apex is anything to go by you'll need an uber powerful pee cee to run it!! ;)

You dont need a super powerful pc.

To clarified things abit, im haven't play this because im on win7 still.

Back on topic, I so badly want to see some Nurb at 8pm footage! @Zlork - you played this right? How was the lighting during gameplay?
I second this! The screenshots of it look absolutely amazing.

Im waiting for more reason to upgrade to win10 :P i still run a 670 and modern games still run pretty smooth with almost everything turn on. ( except NVIDIA gameworks : its the stupidest thing )

unless its a console exclusive, anything else i prefer playing on pc :P

You dont need a super powerful pc.

To clarified things abit, im haven't play this because im on win7 still.

Yeah but that PC costs the same as an xbox one... so whats the point? :odd:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I would totally be a PC gamer too, if it wasn't for the extreme cost. Even buying a NEO too this 'gen' will be cheaper than a decent PC.

Meh. PS4 was $500 at release, you can get an acceptable PC for $500. But most people have a PC in addition to their console, and so if you combine what you'd spend on your random net PC and your console you'll find you can get something pretty good.

People make PC gaming out to be a lot more expensive and difficult than it really is. Consoles have their place, but purely price-wise a PC can be competitive. Especially since if you're looking at a console you're by definition accepting that you won't have the brightest, shiniest graphics anyway.

Well mine runs pCARS and AC perfectly fine with very good FPS at full ultra settings (960) whereas it wouldn't run Apex anything above low and even that had terrible fps drops. I chucked in another 8gig RAM and can now run at medium/high settings but still get bad lags if too much is going on at any one moment. Apex seems to be a total resource hog, and I'm told Horizon 3 will need a higher spec PC than Apex does. Anyway, a little off topic, sorry.

Last edited:
Well mine runs pCARS and AC perfectly fine with very good FPS at full ultra settings whereas it wouldn't run Apex anything above low and even that had terrible fps drops. I chucked in another 8gig RAM and can now run at medium/high settings but still get bad lags if too much is going on at any one moment. Apex seems to be a total resource hog, and I'm told Horizon 3 will need a higher spec PC than Apex does. Anyway, a little off topic, sorry.

Yeah, it's totally off-topic :) Sorry for contributing to that!

If there was evening Nurb at Gamescom, maybe we'll finally get night Nurb at TGS :)

Could this be a possible course maker track? :confused:

Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_08-17-16_014.jpg

At least I dont see what known track that could be :odd:
Seems odd the lettering is reading the right way on the signs.

The AI impressions seem good.

The handling impressions seem good.

The ambience impressions seem good.

Is this for real? Is this game guaranteed to produce fun?

Where I'm torn(first time ever considering NOT to buy a GT game) is, offline play.
I waited for reviews from F6, PCars and Assetto Corsa. When I tried F6 and Pcars, I know I will get the next versions of those. AC seems too good to pass up. I'm hoping GT doesn't disappoint.

For about 700 bucks you have a decent gaming PC with a good CPU and GPU. It might be 2 to 300 euros more than a console, but you save that back over time because of free online, cheaper games and all your hardware still working on it (controllers, wheels, etcetera).

Can't recommend it enough ;)

I wouldn't get too carried away on that yet. We've had people wax lyrical about AI in past GT games and it turned out to be quite the exaggeration. Same for sound and a few other things actually.

Good or bad, you can't really put too much stock in individual peoples feedback from these events. If everyone starts saying the same thing, then you might be able to consider it to be true.

Yeah but that PC costs the same as an xbox one... so whats the point? :odd:

EDIT: Oops, double post. Seriously thought I was posting on two different threads.

But PC plays way better and cheaper ( steam sales. Dont want to sound like a PCMR here

Meh. PS4 was $500 at release, you can get an acceptable PC for $500. But most people have a PC in addition to their console, and so if you combine what you'd spend on your random net PC and your console you'll find you can get something pretty good.

People make PC gaming out to be a lot more expensive and difficult than it really is. Consoles have their place, but purely price-wise a PC can be competitive. Especially since if you're looking at a console you're by definition accepting that you won't have the brightest, shiniest graphics anyway.

Yes, which is why i solely buy console for exclusive, if not i wouldn't even bother to buy a PS3. I only have 4 games for my PS3. Which is GT5, GT6, Initial d and GOW.

Well mine runs pCARS and AC perfectly fine with very good FPS at full ultra settings (960) whereas it wouldn't run Apex anything above low and even that had terrible fps drops. I chucked in another 8gig RAM and can now run at medium/high settings but still get bad lags if too much is going on at any one moment. Apex seems to be a total resource hog, and I'm told Horizon 3 will need a higher spec PC than Apex does. Anyway, a little off topic, sorry.

Mine GPU was roughly the same performance as your 960. APex run bad probably due to memory leaks, even my friend with a 780ti also find it hard to say its smooth. And to be fair, its a BETA and its free so no complains.Maybe you could try close some background apps and tried it again or play with the settings in Nvidia control panel. I don't think horizon3 will have this problem, because we will be paying for it. Surely they would do more optimization.

Anyway back to topic, does anyone here find it hard to Spot which is SCAPES photo which is not from the newest shots?

I wouldn't get too carried away on that yet. We've had people wax lyrical about AI in past GT games and it turned out to be quite the exaggeration. Same for sound and a few other things actually.

Good or bad, you can't really put too much stock in individual peoples feedback from these events. If everyone starts saying the same thing, then you might be able to consider it to be true.
I won't say it's the most clever AI ever but at least it looks challenging. Even in this video I can see the biggest change : AI doesn't brake at each contact (like it was in old GTs)

That why I use the word "seems". I'll be waiting for certain player's reviews when they get the final game.

Could this be a possible course maker track? :confused:

Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_08-17-16_014.jpg

At least I dont see what known track that could be :odd:
Seems odd the lettering is reading the right way on the signs.

The handling impressions seem good.

The ambience impressions seem good.

Is this for real? Is this game guaranteed to produce fun?

Where I'm torn(first time ever considering NOT to buy a GT game) is, offline play.
I waited for reviews from F6, PCars and Assetto Corsa. When I tried F6 and Pcars, I know I will get the next versions of those. AC seems too good to pass up. I'm hoping GT doesn't disappoint.
That shot is definitely Nurburgring, the signs are V-shaped so they can be seen from both directions. I've taken many a photo looking back that way along there in GT6. ;)

Not 100% sure why, but this new rally location really remind me of the course maker from GT6. Obviously it looks like a big evolution but still it looks somehow familiar. I think it looks great.

What I saw here:

They must implement damage and penalty/flag system on it. Otherwise it will be occurred to these unnecessary collisions (somobody knock you car from behind without any consequences = ruin multiplayer races).

Back