Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
Guess wasnt meant for me to race tonight, got "unexpected error" message in both slots i tried, so i guess I'll be only doing manufacturers race tomorrow

So here's a cool new way to get disconnected.

Queued up for 1st slot. Got in ran warmup and quali. Managed P2. Race starts and when it comes out of the intro I'm in pole positions POV. Finally the HUD comes on and it goes thru auto drive. The countdown ends and I notice that I'm still in someone else's POV but I have full wheel control and FFB. You can even see me testing it in the rearview mirror. I go into the pitwall and end up just doing my best to get off track. I can still see my arrow on the course map and it's responding to my inputs. Lap 1 finishes and as I pass myself I get DC'd but I think it's actually due to just sitting off track and getting the red text countdown for too much penalty time/inactivity.

Queued up for 1st slot. Got in ran warmup and quali. Managed P2. Race starts and when it comes out of the intro I'm in pole positions POV. Finally the HUD comes on and it goes thru auto drive. The countdown ends and I notice that I'm still in someone else's POV but I have full wheel control and FFB. You can even see me testing it in the rearview mirror. I go into the pitwall and end up just doing my best to get off track. I can still see my arrow on the course map and it's responding to my inputs. Lap 1 finishes and as I pass myself I get DC'd but I think it's actually due to just sitting off track and getting the red text countdown for too much penalty time/inactivity.

That is… unique. It’s also a bit alarming as there should surely be some validation tests in the code to ensure this sort of thing can’t happen?

Slot 1: Qualified 11th of 13 in Top Split after a somewhat sloppy session, and gained 4 spots throughout the race - 3 from people spinning on Lap 1, then an additional one at the end of Lap 10 when accelerating out of the final corner. I kept it clean and tried to stay on the dry(er) line to bring it home 7th, which was worth a whopping 297 points! Even in Top Split I didn't think a mid-pack finish would be worth that much! I was hoping to possibly get at least a Top 5, but even though it was tempting to go for a better result, I decided to take my points (my highest so far this season) and run.

First round, with little practice under my belt I qualified P14 - yet despite finding myself quite far off the pace, the chaos of Lap 1 meant I ended up in 6th by the 2nd lap.
The pressure here was extremely helpful, and despite not having the pace to keep up with the leaders and the faster cars who had spun behind me, I kept it together for a solid P8.
You mean P9 :sly:

Yeah, awesome race :lol: an early spin (fortunately gone not that bad) barred me from a better position :ill: But I was not the only one, and it was hilarious to record all the other spins :D

You mean P9 :sly:

Yeah, awesome race :lol: an early spin (fortunately gone not that bad) barred me from a better position :ill: But I was not the only one, and it was hilarious to record all the other spins :D

Oops! Freudian slip of a typo there. My brain trying to convince me I'm better than I actually am :lol:.

Manu slot 1 Asia. 16 became 10 when 6(!) drivers got disconnected before practice loaded.

Qualy went better than expected and I managed a 1:40.101 which was only 0.2 off my best FP time. Good enough for Q3 behind an 86 and a WRX. Another Vantage was Q4.

Started on softs and the first 4 laps were a procession with none of the top 5 making any headway against each other. A few midfielders pitted at the end of lap 1 for softs and the field was split into two groups.

Then, on lap 5, p2 got the last left hander wrong and ended up tapping the wall. This allowed me to pull a 2 second gap on him and the other Vantage who also got by him but clearly had to ease off to avoid contact.

Unfortunately this incident allowed p1 to pull a 2 second gap and I couldn’t seem to put a dent in it. By lap 9 the 86 was 3 seconds clear and I had a 3 second gap to p3. The top 5 duly pitted and on pit exit I was still second, but only by 1.5 seconds as one of the midfield starters had jumped p3.

No trouble on the mediums though and I brought it home for a comfortable p2.

258 points is a great result and should see me jump a few spots for Aston.

I actually went back to the replay of what happened at the start of my first Nation's race yesterday. What do you think?

Or is this forgivable by just linking the 'sorry' quote at the end of the race?

Still raging after last nights nations. Just don’t understand how I got kicked out the lobby twice in a row on the same lap and in the same place on track.
Done some testing today and my internet speeds on my PS5 are at 350 down and 80 up. Test connection status was all good and ping was 30-35.

Will try again today with manufacturers on PS5 and see if I can complete a race, if not I’ll jump back on PS4 pro which I’ve had zero issues with at all. Had PS5 issues back in April/May time with laggy and poor lobby connections.

It is not forgiveable with a sorry after the race. It is dificult to decide whether he intended to hit you or he used his breaks to late.

I try to avoid hitting people after missing my breaking point.
I actually went back to the replay of what happened at the start of my first Nation's race yesterday. What do you think?

It is not forgiveable with a sorry after the race. It is dificult to decide whether he intended to hit you or he used his breaks to late.

I try to avoid hitting people after missing my breaking point.
Oddly enough, I was more frustrated at my own spin later in the race!

Its just to brake that late... well I felt it had to be shared now that I've recovered from the whiplash...

I am not so sure it was intentional....In my race, the pole sitter did it to himself by braking late and missing lap 1 turn 1 and he did it again on lap 2 (pushing me off). I think it was just fresh tires on wet tarmac and it did not brake like it did in practice or warm ups.....it was nice to see that he got a penalty though! The guy who hit me got 5 seconds....and then quit.

Believe it or not, that's not the first time I've seen that happen...

Manufacturers GT2 Asia-Oceania slot 2
Nissan GT-R Gr.4

Poor qualif (1:41.1) giving Q10, start on soft.
First lap I miss the chicane of sector 3, hit the wall (not that hard) and get engine failure. The new damage model is no joke.
Anyway, race is pretty much over, finished P15.
Possible improvement: don't hit the wall...

Manufacturers GT2 Asia-Oceania slot 5
Nissan GT-R Gr.4

Better qualif (1:40.4) - Q2.
First lap I miss again the same chicane, fall to P6 but don't hit the wall this time (small improvement I guess).

Good race after that, battled against the same guy the whole time, very clean.
He passed me on the last lap, but I managed to pass him again right on the finish line, for a P4.
The difference on the line was 7ms, the closest I ever had.

Went with my Audi TT cup car , did qualification - 5th place 1.40.560 , really good espacially with TT car with dualsense :D

Soft tyres of course , started fine went pretty good went up to 3rd place for a minute then after 4 lap to the box to get Mediums , after that ended up 7th but went back to 5th in 8 lap then i got lucky in the end when two guys bumped into each other and spinned out thus finished 4th 😜

Pretty good race all in all , i was expecting being too slow with Gr.4 but it was decent
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220910163611.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220910163643.jpg

Last edited:
Slot 1 started 11th - went softs from start, passed a few when they pitted on lap 1 to get off their mediums. Was in a good position and battling with the car in front, went to follow him through the esses as close as possible without us both losing time and lost sight of the apex, went wide and into the wall. Engine knackered, passed by 3 or 4 cars and all told lost 8 seconds on that lap. Ended up 13th but penalties jumped me up to 10th. Knew if I could just avoid a mistake like that I can get a better result here.

Slot 2 - Started 6th - Same plan but avoid mistakes. Passed the car in front as he went wide into the long left after the esses, he then viciously punts me off at the next corner and..

Race over obviously as that's more than 8 seconds, lol. Do I go again, I don't know, this game is infuriating sometimes. :scared:

Today's race went much better than yesterdays. :) It looked like @Cabelmania had a bit of a nightmare though. 🙁

I started in P6 with a 1:40.390 and decided to gamble on potentially being the front of the Medium runners. Turns out I was far from it as P1, P2 and P5 had also done the same. My goal was simply to survive lap 1 against any Soft runners behind, but they didn't catch me until the last hairpin. They did give me a bit of a scare though. The Mercedes in P7 went around the outside and the Jaguar in P8 was right behind me. I thought I was going to get boxed out of being able to enter the pits but thankfully the Mercedes got in front just in time for me to take the pit entry lane.

From there it was just churning out laps trying to keep pace with the leader of those that hadn't stopped which I was (thankfully) more or less doing. At the crossover point with the pits, I discovered that I had actually jumped the Subaru that had started P4 and prevented the Jaguar from jumping me, but it was tight! :D

1662825453420.png

1662825539716.png

P5 would have been great, but then on the final lap an Alfa Romeo that had been fighting hard with a Subaru for P2 completely outbroke itself and went into the wall at the end-of-sector-2 hairpin. P4? Don't mind if I do! :P

225 points will do very nicely, as it also sets me up so that every result that will count towards my season total is >=200. I believe that's a first for me. :D

Last edited:
Finally got a race in today. Had to switch back to the PS4 pro as I just didn’t have any trust in the PS5.

Only did the 5pm slot as F1 consumed the few hours beforehand.

Not a track I particularly like. The two chicanes are horrible on this track, plus in a SLS so not in the kings cars (4WD)

Quali P8. I try to make a gap but the other cars behind have zero race etiquette and were overtaking or was right behind me on the lap. 1st lap I just aborted, and 2nd lap was were it counted. 1.41.6. Couldn’t better myself.
Race strat I decided on the mediums for the opening lap to get clear air on the softs as I don’t want to be involved in a 9 lap fight. Made it round the first lap in P6. Exited the pits 4 seconds behind last place (they spun or something) so potential they could slow me down when I catch them. Lap 4 the car ahead spun on the S’s and they rejoined back on the racing line ghosted going slow and I was panicking as I just knew they were going to un ghost. Luckily that didn’t happen. Lap 6 a Ferrari ahead pitted of the softs for the mediums, and I just got ahead of them. Held them off for a few laps until they decided to divebomb and hit me. Escaped with a broken bumper and a few seconds lost, and they let me past again. Car behind did manage to get past again with a another dive bomb. This time I saw it coming and got out the way. Lap 9 running in P6 now and that Ferrari who divebombed me lost it on the 2nd chicane. Had to laugh. Brought it home for a P5.

After yesterdays issues im taking this result and running away. Don’t think I can better my result.

Hey, it's the race that was going okay but then at the end of lap 8 the belgian ahead of me decided to slam the brakes in front of me and I managed to not punt him but I then met Barry R and my race was ruined and I finished dead last WHAT A JOY :mad::banghead:

So.......Take 2 went absolutely better in every way, qualifying 6th; starting with the medium I managed to gain a position before the pitstop and then it was a easy walk in the park, nothing happened and got 4th at the end :)

Except the Polish in front never pitted.................a free podium ? Don't mind if I do :sly:

Last edited:
Not a lot to say. Qualified 11th, about 0.7 to 1.0 secs off the other Vantages. Started on softs, up to 4th by lap 3 due to pits and incidents in front. Let another Vantage past as they were recovering from an incident and clearly much faster. Ran in clear air to lap 9 without much real pace. Pitting dropped me to 9th, penalties bumped me back up to 7th. Will absolutely take that, along with the clean race - a miracle on that circuit. 58 points.

103370AD-9469-4A24-80E7-332DD5F67BC3.jpeg

4759537F-2810-4F33-BA28-96CCD5623A5E.jpeg

Attachments

• 6B3D264A-52A6-4334-83BF-9F9D27293CEF.jpeg
    6B3D264A-52A6-4334-83BF-9F9D27293CEF.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 11
So finally got a race in! With my new livery ready to go:

SHARE_20220910_1025241.jpeg

SHARE_20220910_1025230.jpeg

I just couldn't get a clean lap in for qualifying, ended up starting 4th:

1662832528192.png

Started on the mediums so pitted lap 1, all I had to do was run my time trial to the end and lower the 20 second gap to first. Kept it clean throughout the race to come home 1st by over 9 seconds:

1662832766611.png

1662832738630.png

This gives me my highest points to date in the Manufacturers Cup:

1662832857898.png

I didn't get the hat-trick today, but considering the first attempt ended in a black screen that added a race to my total tally, I'd take this one and leave for this round. I don't do daily races atm so after next weekend I should end up gaining my A rank!

As usual I'll include the full broadcast if anyone has trouble sleeping:

Last night's race at the Nations Cup included me winning that race via Slot 1, the only one I entered. There had been been only eight players entering the warm-up and qualifying sessions. When the race began, only seven started and five had finished including me. The fifth round of the NC was the third one I entered this season and my points total is at 91.

Slot 1 started 11th - went softs from start, passed a few when they pitted on lap 1 to get off their mediums. Was in a good position and battling with the car in front, went to follow him through the esses as close as possible without us both losing time and lost sight of the apex, went wide and into the wall. Engine knackered, passed by 3 or 4 cars and all told lost 8 seconds on that lap. Ended up 13th but penalties jumped me up to 10th. Knew if I could just avoid a mistake like that I can get a better result here.

Slot 2 - Started 6th - Same plan but avoid mistakes. Passed the car in front as he went wide into the long left after the esses, he then viciously punts me off at the next corner and..

Race over obviously as that's more than 8 seconds, lol. Do I go again, I don't know, this game is infuriating sometimes. :scared:
So I did end up going back for a third helping after a bit of chill out time.

Qualified 9th in a very competitive lobby, it's typically what I expect at this level. Thankfully despite a Ferrari shoving past early, who went on to pit off mediums on lap 2, there weren't any major incidents to ruin this race, made no mistakes and avoided most battles. Spent the first 9 laps mostly in space so I could hammer out some laps on the softs which is exactly what I was hoping for, once others had pit it had me sitting in 4th place.

Came out for the last lap on meds in 7th and finished there, not the great gains I had hoped for but by the third slot people know their strategy, know the track and you get a loss less chance to put up a strong result on the back of others errors.

I'll take it, nice to be back racing again despite my complaints, it's all part of the game for better or worse.

FcTvEruXgAItkuj.jpg

Do you go again? I guess the answer to that is what are you playing towards?
So after this weekends results (2 no score races in nations and a 1 score P5 in manufacture) I’ve started to question, why do I stop after getting a good result?

For me the GTWS is just the same as a daily race apart from they differ in that you have a qualifying session and you get points at the end. Daily races we will grind all week picking up podiums, top 5s and top 10s etc… and if we get a win we dont stop and we go again. Yet in the GTWS we only have 5 slots to do these races yet once we get a result we like we stop. But why do we stop? As a B rank driver what do I actually achieve from these races apart from DR/SR and a prize fund? Apart from those top what 30 drivers who get selected for the GTWS live finals, they is no rewards for all the other drivers. As for those drivers who are A+ and have a chance at reaching these finals I can totally see why you would take the points and stop, but for lower rank players are you stopping for the leaderboard bragging rights?

FYI Im not judging anyone by the way In how you play the game, as everyone plays games for different reasons etc..I’m just curious as to why GTWS matter so much to people.

Absolutely nowhere in the Jag today. Don't know if I have a tremendous skill issue or not but I have been struggling like crazy to pull the Jaguar into a good position for the past few races, especially the Gr.4.

Qualified 11th and 12th in both my attempts, and finished 11th and 12th as well respectively. Just felt like no matter how fast I was driving, other cars were faster. Kyoto is one of my favourite tracks too!

147 points, and 1 race closer to a new manufacturer contract.

Back