Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments

also which cars are good for the upcoming nation race? it is just the meta Porshe 919?
The 919 is definitely the quickest, but I was able to keep up with it for a single lap in the TS050, and the Toyota felt easier to drive (in fact, I was easily faster with the Toyota for quite a while before I finally got a handle on the Porsche). The problem with the Toyota and Audi is that they recharge their batteries more slowly than the Porsche. The 919 recharges its battery any time it's not being deployed, even when you're on the accelerator. The Toyota only recharges when you're off the accelerator, and the Audi only recharges when braking. This means the others will be at a disadvantage to the Porsche after several laps as the Porsche uses the extra charge to gap them out of the acceleration zones.

The non-hybrids won't stand a chance with all the slow corners followed by long acceleration zones here.

Just finished up Slot 1 of the Oceania Nations Cup. It was pretty straightforward, qualified and started on Inters. The track did dry up a little bit over the course of the race but didn't need to pit. I started P5 but on Lap 2 the driver behind me forgot the track was wet and punted me off. I managed to get back to P7 and finished there.

Last edited:
Just finished up Slot 1 of the Oceania Nations Cup. It was pretty straightforward, qualified and started on Inters. The track did dry up a little bit over the course of the race but didn't need to pit. I started P5 but on Lap 2 the driver behind me forgot the track was wet and punted me off. I managed to get back to P7 and finished there.
Was anyone on full wets?

Probably GT1 because those are the only ones racing for something tangible. No one in GT2 or GT3 are making to the GTWS events.
Yet. I think their intention is to do something for those topping the 2 and 3 leaderboards. Not sure what or when that will be but I think I have seen some wording somewhere of that intent.

I have been overseas since Sunday. Arrived back home today and entered slot 1 in Oceania with no practice. Did 2 laps in pre-race FP and straight into qualifying. Good to see @pennanton in the same lobby again.
Managed Q8 with my last lap.

Ran on inters but the lack of practice showed up as I consistently lost time on turns 1 and 4. 3 cars ahead managed to spin in the first few laps and at one stage I was a couple of seconds clear in p5. It didn’t take long for @pennanton to hunt me down though and with only a few laps left he went past. We then had a fantastic battle for a couple of laps before I made some small mistakes and he pulled a couple of seconds gap. That was how it stayed until the line. I was happy to have avoided any spins or carnage and left it at one and done.

I have been overseas since Sunday. Arrived back home today and entered slot 1 in Oceania with no practice. Did 2 laps in pre-race FP and straight into qualifying. Good to see @pennanton in the same lobby again.
Managed Q8 with my last lap.

Ran on inters but the lack of practice showed up as I consistently lost time on turns 1 and 4. 3 cars ahead managed to spin in the first few laps and at one stage I was a couple of seconds clear in p5. It didn’t take long for @pennanton to hunt me down though and with only a few laps left he went past. We then had a fantastic battle for a couple of laps before I made some small mistakes and he pulled a couple of seconds gap. That was how it stayed until the line. I was happy to have avoided any spins or carnage and left it at one and done.
Did you think the tyres overheated around lap 9 onwards? Around then you caught massive time on me around sector 3 and the lap after I swear my car felt awful through there.

That was why I went towards the pit wall because I thought maybe the tire model was more advanced in this game than I thought it was, and thought I might need to cool them down off line

I don’t think I was particularly quicker than you, I got by you by doing a Craig Lowndes and out braking myself into T1 that somehow became an overtake, I was happy to keep you 1 sec behind in the dirty air because I had a strong feeling you’d be a bit quicker in clear air.

Also general GT7 observations: in this game 4WD is king, torque is king, and maximizing torque delivery is king. When in doubt just short shift on exit and ride the torque

Did you think the tyres overheated around lap 9 onwards? Around then you caught massive time on me around sector 3 and the lap after I swear my car felt awful through there.

That was why I went towards the pit wall because I thought maybe the tire model was more advanced in this game than I thought it was, and thought I might need to cool them down off line

I don’t think I was particularly quicker than you, I got by you by doing a Craig Lowndes and out braking myself into T1 that somehow became an overtake, I was happy to keep you 1 sec behind in the dirty air because I had a strong feeling you’d be a bit quicker in clear air.

Also general GT7 observations: in this game 4WD is king, torque is king, and maximizing torque delivery is king. When in doubt just short shift on exit and ride the torque
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this, without knowing if that particular system is even in the game

Nations GT2 Asia slot 2
Porsche 919 Hybrid '16

Completely missed my qualif, and started Q10.
Lap1 last turn - I get pushed out and spin. P15 (and last). Then go back to P10
Lap3 last turn - I get pushed out and spin. P15 again. Then go back to P10
Lap x first turn - I get pushed out and spin. P15 again.
Finished P13 :grumpy:
Couldn't really stay on such a painful race, since I clearly had the pace.

Nations GT2 Asia slot 3
Porsche 919 Hybrid '16

Qualif P3, moved to P1 after 2 laps and extended my lead to around 5sec at lap8, so looking like an easy win.
Since nothing much was happening, I started thinking about tomorrow's plan, which doesn't play well with Gr1 at rainy Fuji.
Obviously lost it at R100: time loss + dirty tire + penalty, the 5s lead is gone and I'm P2.
Focus is gone as well at that point, and finished P3. Not bad, if a bit disappointing.

Both races had the qualif drying up a bit, and race as well - but no way to use Softs, or Wet. So IM the whole time for everyone.
The wind was very different and impactful: first had tailwind in R100, really couldn't go fast there. Second one had headwind, and could really push quite a bit.

Interesting races and quite a bit of a change.

Last edited:
Well this went better than i expected - qualified 6th with 1.37.670 , went with IM of course it went well just as always i do a stupid mistake and bumped one guy into the rear boom 2 second penalty , that costed me 6 ranks but i managed to climb to at least 7th place

Pretty good race , just i wished it was even longer :D

Last edited:
Very interesting combo tonight at Fuji, wet weather good for intermediates and gr1 cars. In qualifying I noticed the track constantly improving, despite a constant medium rain. Same in the race. This was due to 16 drivers on the track, so the optimal driving line kept getting slightly drier and drier. I did a very nice 1.34.7 on last lap of the qualifying and started P3 in the 919 hybrid.

Race then, got chaotic immediately in T1 as I was pushed to the very outside of the track, and then I got bumped wide off the track at the entry to T3 and fell to P5. After that had some fighting for 2-3 laps, but finally broke free slightly of the pack behind at the end of lap 3. The leaders were gone, but I was still in P5.

After that slowly fell back from the Italian in P4, but broke away from the French driver in P6. Gap to P4 was like 3 sec at the start of lap 9, gap behind to P6 was 4,4 secs to a German driver who just got the P6. Then the gaps closed last 4 laps, but nothing else happened and in the end I finished in a solid P5 and scored 170 pts. Just under 2 sec from P4 and just over 2 sec to P6.

I liked the car and track combo. But like typically in wet races, the field tends to spread out after first few laps and not much fighting going on after that.

Attachments

• IMG_20220909_213719165_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220909_213719165_HDR.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220909_213753870_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220909_213753870_HDR.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
FUMING! 🤬🤬

Miss slot 1, so in slot 2.
Qualify in P2.
Race starts and everyone get round in one piece no problem. Race goes on and lap 9 P2 and P1 all of a sudden go wide at the last corner and I think this is it I’m in a race win but no! Bang….Server just dies and game freezes. I can see everyone get disconnected too in the left hand side with the x person has left the lobby.

Genuinely don’t know if I can be bothered to go again!

Wasn't expecting much for this one so the plan was just not to crash. Qualified P10 though ran out of hybrid on the lap so probably lost a couple positions from that.
Survived the start and as the race went on gained positions from other's misfortune.
Realised partway that I had to start dragging the brakes to have enough hybrid on the straight and it did help me pull away from those behind.
Had a couple of side by side moments but couldn't really complete any moves as I wasn't the most confident in the braking zones.
In the end it was P6 (again) in a race that I actually had fun in, was clean racing throughout from my PoV

So, I'll probably come back and add some screenshots in at some point.

1662754524264.png

The first race was less than optimal, taken out first corner, taken out again by someone else, ended third by 3 seconds to the leader:

If I didn't spin, I may have won that race. Alas my own stupid mistake cost me time.

So naturally, went in again and got the hat-trick win.

1662755023608.png

I actually found how to drive the car early on, but how to drive and keep charge, I learnt in the first race. Here is the second race:

I broadcasted live as my friends wanted to watch. First time I've managed to set up the PS5 to stream to YouTube so not sure if it's better or worse than the twitch recordings.

EDIT: 139 points taken so my highest yet for a B rated driver still. After the Manufacturer's race today I may tick over to A rating! I'm going to finish my livery to give my GTR a fresh look and will post a picture with my report later.

Last edited:
Oh my god I’m done! Exactly the same thing has just happened to me.
Quali all fine, P2 again.
Race all fine, again clean racing. Still in P2 and on Lap 10 as I’m going down the pit straight the server gone again!

FUMING! 🤬🤬

Miss slot 1, so in slot 2.
Qualify in P2.
Race starts and everyone get round in one piece no problem. Race goes on and lap 9 P2 and P1 all of a sudden go wide at the last corner and I think this is it I’m in a race win but no! Bang….Server just dies and game freezes. I can see everyone get disconnected too in the left hand side with the x person has left the lobby.

Genuinely don’t know if I can be bothered to go again!
Just FYI, when it shows everyone else getting disconnected, it usually still means you were the only one who got dropped. I've had that happen to me in public lobbies, only to find that the room is still active and I was the only one who got dropped...

Same thing happened in GTWS races, where the game would drop me and (apparently) several others, only for me to check out a stream of the race I was supposed to be in and see that I was the only one who got dropped.

Just FYI, when it shows everyone else getting disconnected, it usually still means you were the only one who got dropped. I've had that happen to me in public lobbies, only to find that the room is still active and I was the only one who got dropped...

Same thing happened in GTWS races, where the game would drop me and (apparently) several others, only for me to check out a stream of the race I was supposed to be in and see that I was the only one who got dropped.
Ah ok… thanks for that.
So god damm annoyed too. What’s annoying is it’s happened on the same lap at the same place on the track. I normally race on my PS4 but tonight I was able to do it on my PS5 instead. Looks like I will not be touching that system again!

Awesome race that. Went for two rounds, attrition rate was really high in both and you could pick up a lot of pace by just surviving the first few laps when the track is at its wettest.

First round, with little practice under my belt I qualified P14 - yet despite finding myself quite far off the pace, the chaos of Lap 1 meant I ended up in 6th by the 2nd lap.
The pressure here was extremely helpful, and despite not having the pace to keep up with the leaders and the faster cars who had spun behind me, I kept it together for a solid P8.

My first attempt at round 2 had a server error on loading, so I played Splatoon 3 for 45 minutes.

My actual round 2 was a huge surprise, I was slightly more with the pack through qualifying, settling in around 8th or 9th - before my last lap catapulted me to 4th, where I thankfully ended up starting. Some more lap 1 chaos put me down into 8th half way through the lap, and yet I found myself in 2nd going into the 2nd lap!
I kept this pace for a while, as I was quite fast in the wet now - but cracks started to show in my pace as a dry line began forming, something I hadn't really practiced for. I had no major mistakes, just a general lack of speed as other people adapted better to the new conditions, and I fell back to P4 where I had a comfortable finish and collected about 250 points.
20969919701394193.jpg

I think I'm going to take the TS050 to the 919 race tonight, i had more stability in that car than the 919 on wet track, did yall see anyone else using it in the earlier races?

I think I'm going to take the TS050 to the 919 race tonight, i had more stability in that car than the 919 on wet track, did yall see anyone else using it in the earlier races?
My first round was entirely 919s, the 2nd was 919s with one Mazda LM55 VGT, who got 6th.

God speed if you're trying anything else - though I'm sure others cars are more competitive than the leaderboards would suggest.

I had a frustrating one today. Whilst I wasn't on the same level of pace of the winner, I could have had a reasonable mid-pack result if not for being taken out early on.

My race had a very strong (11m/s, 40km/h) northwestern wind which was a bit scary to see, but it ended up being not so bad. It made 100R and the hairpin after it a little sketchy, but it could have been worse had it being going in a different direction. I dread to imagine what turn 1 would have been like if that was acting as a tailwind...

(Side note - the weather effects were nice. I've not done much in the way of wet races but the combination of wind and rain looked really good. Seeing the massive spray coming off the cars (and going in the right direction at that) was cool! :))

I qualified P10 with a 1:36.738 in an almost one-make lobby. The only non-919s were a single LM55 and a GR010. Lap 1 started off well after cleanly surviving turn 1 (whilst watching P11 behind me overshoot it) and then picking up a position from a German who ran wide at the hairpin after 100R. It went downhill at the start of sector 3 though, as the German and I banged doors going into the Dunlop Corner, pushing me wide and costing me some positions as I dropped down to P13 through the twists and turns.

The hybrid on the Porsche helped me get one of those back in sector 1 as I blasted past the LM55 heading into Coca Cola. Things seemed even more promising as a French driver overcooked Netz Corner and went sideways after unbalancing the car on the kerbs, which also took out the German from before. Back up to P10 in spite of my bad lap 1. However, I could see a bit of a divebomb with contact behind me on the radar as I exited Panasonic Corner and that should have been a warning as to what was to come.

The French driver had qualified P5 and didn't seem to have any qualms about doing whatever it would take to get back there after making that mistake.

On lap 3 I went a bit deep at Panasonic Corner, forgoing the dry-ish line on the track and taking the line that's fairly common in dry conditions to get a good exit onto the straight. I saw the French driver approaching on my radar and stopped going for the apex to leave room, but apparently that wasn't good enough as I just got ploughed into and spun out. Checking the replay back, I don't think any effort was made to avoid the collision. It was very much a case of "I'm putting my foot down for the straight and I don't care who's in my way" IMO. Not impressed, especially because he went on to cause more incidents afterwards with very aggressive moves throughout the rest of the race.

On lap 5 I ended up back fighting for P12/P13 as the German (poor guy) had accidentally spun out a Brit and then showed good sportsmanship by waiting for him to recover. The Brit seemed to be struggling a bit for consistency but the dirty air and rain made it hard to pass. When me and the German both did get past on lap 9 after capitalising on a mistake in sector 3, we started to increase the gap quite quickly.

I ended up P11, with the French driver that took me out in P5 about 19s up the road. I'd lost about 14-15s from the incident so I would have been hard pressed to beat him. However, I could have potentially been fighting for P6/P7 going by the final standings if I hadn't lost all that time.

Last edited:

The car definitely felt different late in the race. I was just putting it down to inters on a dryer track, but maybe it was tyre temp? At least now I know why we spent one lap randomly up against the pit wall.:D

That move around the outside at turn 1 was gorgeous. All I could do was applaud and then spend the next few laps cursing the dirty air. All race I simply couldn’t seem to be courageous enough to put the power down early out of T1 and kept losing a chunk to you there.

And the advice about torque is golden. Short shifting to avoid wheel spin is key.

My first round was entirely 919s, the 2nd was 919s with one Mazda LM55 VGT, who got 6th.

God speed if you're trying anything else - though I'm sure others cars are more competitive than the leaderboards would suggest.suggest.
What im thinking is if alot are gonna be all over the road in these conditions, then maybe i can sneak in top 5 by staying stable and having consistent laps... Thats my thought anyways, doing it is another thing, but silver lining is if i bomb rd, I'll race in next slot with 919 lol

What im thinking is if alot are gonna be all over the road in these conditions, then maybe i can sneak in top 5 by staying stable and having consistent laps... Thats my thought anyways, doing it is another thing, but silver lining is if i bomb rd, I'll race in next slot with 919 lol
Yeah the first few laps are pretty much guaranteed chaos - if you can keep it together and make up a few places, it's just a case of keeping it consistent as you go, the time loss from spinning in the wet is huge.

You might lose time as the track dries, but ultimately you lose more from putting it in the wall so if you feel safer in another car than you do in the 919, it's safer to go for the other one, lol.

The car definitely felt different late in the race. I was just putting it down to inters on a dryer track, but maybe it was tyre temp? At least now I know why we spent one lap randomly up against the pit wall.:D

That move around the outside at turn 1 was gorgeous. All I could do was applaud and then spend the next few laps cursing the dirty air. All race I simply couldn’t seem to be courageous enough to put the power down early out of T1 and kept losing a chunk to you there.

And the advice about torque is golden. Short shifting to avoid wheel spin is key.
Oh I definitely out broke myself, I saw you were still on the inside and figured I’d give you as much room as you needed and let you slip by if it meant I could cut back and get on the power early, turns out the karting line worked out better than I thought. I short shifted to 3rd and the thing just pulled.

I need to save replays more haha.

Just did slot 1, GT1 Fuji Gr1 in the rain. Entire field was 919's minus 1 LM55

That race was actually surprisingly fun. Everyone that I encountered kept it fairly clean considering the conditions. For sure the wind direction had a big effect in certain corners and braking zones. Q'd in P10 just a tad slower than in practice so I was satisfied with that. Interestingly as the race went on my last 4-5 laps were all faster than I did in practice, and fuel and tire wear were barely changed so I'm wondering if it was the conditions being slightly different.

A few mistakes from other drivers and a pass or 2 got me up to 6th by the end. Satisfied with that, another 1 and done night for me. And got a 500K credit daily workout raffle ticket as a concession prize haha :)

Last edited:
Back