Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
I think you only see them at the finish screen. Then you need to wait until tomorrow.

So you can't see your points either? In GTS I could see them on my personal scoreboard and Friends ranking... I guess it's one more of those little things that bug me. Thx for the help guys.

About the race:

I was slowwww today. In the morning I did some practice and was about a second slower than I ought to be. That carried on in to the pre-race warm up, qualifying and the race. Didn't go below the 1:30's once (well, maybe once but it was bad.)

Despite that I qualified in 10th and after that the actual race was quite boring actually. Pitted on L2 for softs with one other guy and had a good clean battle with a Mustang for a couple of rounds before I passed him in turn 5

1662218273035.png

After that took it home with a Mercedes going wide on turn 9 and one other person not pitting for Hards to get P7.

Good enough for me! This is not one of my better tracks and with my pace today a P7 is as good as it gets.

Next round should be interesting. I hope I can get back to my former level. It's still lacking!

Cheers,

Seth

Uh... guys... when are we supposed to be able to see the points we scored? Last time out it was imidiately after the race but my 61 points don't show... Do I have to exit the game or something?

you can see your points immediately after the race in the lobby/chat screen, this is from yesterday

if you miss that, you have to wait until all slots are complete for that round, and then it’s on your results page in Sport or on the website

Attachments

• 969D1432-B4C1-4458-BB18-313E379B21AD.jpeg
    969D1432-B4C1-4458-BB18-313E379B21AD.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
So, entered slot 2 because of F1 qualifying (dont know why i bothered tbh 😂 )
Qualified myself 1st:
1662220366207.png

Was debating whether to actually start on hard tyres but went with my first instinct to just run away till lap 13.
The only incident i had was clipping the dirt to the right at the top of the corkscrew under braking which spun me slowly to the right without hitting the wall, lost 6 seconds there.

Nothing else too crazy and finished 1st.

1662220574686.png

That small spin stopping the hat-trick of stars as I never received a penalty the whole race and that was the only time i went off the track.

1662220731259.png

Here is the full qauli and race again if anyone was interested:

Well, everytime I see the 155 in the higher places of the leaderboards, I know I need to make a good result :)

My biggest fear in reality were the sausage kerbs, hit them so many times in practice :mad: Fortunately no problem during the race, and a good top 5 finish in the end (almost 4th, but I didn't have the courage to do the move there, too much risk of ruining my and the TCR guy race) :rolleyes:

Didn't get to race until the last slot, went to pit on the first lap for softs, didn't realise the pit entrance was so abrupt and so ended up skipping through the tyre selection choice - race over -.-

Such a stupid decision to not let us go back on our tyre choice. This game is full of so many strange little decisions that make it far harder to enjoy than it should.

Last edited:
Was going to do Nations yesterday but when the timer ran out for matchmaking it just didn't put me into a lobby and didn't bother going again

In Manufacturers today, managed to beat my TT time with a 26.4 and that put me P6. Started on hards, pitted lap 1 with one driver ahead doing the same. Was on my own for most of the race and literally did get close to any other cars, unfortunately a couple of big mistakes cost me a shot at the podium but P5 in the end which was ok I guess. Could've gone again but decided against it as it wasn't the most interesting action/strategy wise

Watched kie25 slot 2 on YouTube, found a few pointers that improved my practice to 1.27.8….

Qualified 1.28.5, as p2 only 0.050 behind first. Had an excellent last attempt where I was 0.5s ahead only to die at the corkscrew….p2 start it is. Oh, and the driver ahead of me another Porsche!!

Starting with soft this time…sausage send me flying on dirt, and from this point it was a chain reaction of dirty tyres making me go wide turn after turn, which eventually led to a spin and going last….I quit the race.

Slot 3:

Qualified p3, With a Porsche in p1 and an Alpha Romeo is 2nd. I managed to climb to 2nd by lap 2 and keep it until lap 5 I think when I got shoved to sand by a French in a Mercedes. I go down to 4th and stay there until last lap where I pit and exit in 6th. Which is where the race end.

So I decide to go for the last slot. Qualified 8…3 idiots go back to pit and come out in front of me ruining 3 attempts.
Race ended 9….really crapy day. 53pts.

Haha my negative attitude towards nation and manufactures. Wasn’t feeling todays race at all and was thinking about just skipping it

Couldnt do the (UK) 3pm or 4pm. Had 10 minutes before the 5pm started and I thought about it for a while and decided not enough time to warm up so skipped it. Did some warm up and I wasn’t really feeling this race at all. Was making mistakes all through warm up. Decided in the end to just go for the 6pm race and what ever happens in this race will be my result.

Quali I had a bad quali. My opening lap was my fastest lap but again they was errors in this lap. Was enough for P5 in the end.

Strategy I didn’t know what was best. Soft/hard or Hard/soft. In the end I decided on the H/S. Car behind was on soft as they closed up on me, and I had to defend to keep them behind. Pitted end of lap 1 for softs. Opening lap didn’t really go well. The fast left hander before the cork screw I made an error and nearly spun out and then at the corkscrew I cut the corner and got a 0.500 penalty. L3 made the fastest lap of the race which was not beaten so that was nice like bonus for me. For the next 5/6 laps I was making small gains on the leader and then I came across the last place car not to pit and I was worried they were going to fight me. As I got close they made a small error but didn’t fight me and I was past. Now it was ultimate hammer time. L13 I was 35 seconds behind P1 and the L14 as I’m going down the main straight I see them leaving the pits. Round the hairpin and P1 is 2 seconds in front. I’m catching them every corner and on the penultimate corner they make an error and run wide a little. This was my chance to pounce and take the win. I didn’t send into the last corner as I was just a little too far back plus that not my style to send it. They defend the corner well but I get a better exit but they just had the car length to beat me by 0.172.
Good race. The penalty maybe just cost me the win, plus I had a few scruffy laps. I’ll take a P2 and 91 points after all that. Good weekend again in mid B lobby. P3 yesterday and P2 today.

Again the boring race vid. 😀

Today would have been my attempt to get back into B. But after two disasters (one by me, one by PD) I was so low in C now that a next disaster might put me back into D. So I was a bit anxious about doing another race, although I also expected that my next attempt might resemble a bit of sealclubbing; surely I would have to be the favourite in a lower C lobby?

So, third attempt started and qualifying did not go well; i made a mistake and then had to deal with slower cars in front of me. Only in my last lap i managed to get a 1.28.9 and a bit. Previous two slots that was good enough for pole but an Englishman in a Toyota Supra was 4 tenths faster.

So started in second and had a good start, got next to the Supra in turn one and we went side by side to turn two. Then the Supra lost control right next to me, spun in front and went into the gravel. I was not sure what had happened, was this caused by me?

1662232579088.png

Anyway; had to focus on the race; A Spanish Lexus passed me after the next corner but in the corner after that i got on the inside and passed him to get the lead back and from that moment on i just focussed an staying ahead and extending the lead. Managed to do that although my driving was nervous and sloppy. Got to the finish with about 9 seconds ahead, but was not really pleased as my previous races were so much better regarding pace untill they ended prematurely. I think i was about more then a second slower per lap.

1662232541439.png

But it is a win in the end and I am back on track for B. I checked the replay and was releived to see that the crash by the Supra was not caused by me, he just lost the rear, think because he maybe started on hards. I do think that this driver would have won was it not for this first lap incident, he set fastest lap well over a second faster then my best lap.

Anyway; will likely not be able to race the next few weeks so this season is pretty much done for me....And i will now live up to my promise and donate 16 EUR for the Esther Vergeer foundation as I had intented to do a week earlier.

Last edited:
Probably going to skip next weeks Nations. Don’t like Gr.1, meta will probably be some VGT nonsense, Fuji is one of my worst tracks and it’s a boring 1/1 sprint. Just horrid all round. And it’s a wet race judging by practise so absolute carnage incoming.

Last edited:
Nations

I was up late last night because slot 1 locked up. Hung out in the pit waiting for qualy until 5 minutes before slot 2. Backed out and joined the 2nd slot. As soon as qualy started, the game crashed.

Slot 3 Was able to race! Started p13 in the Porsche and went no stop Hards. Did well to move up and had a really good race. Finished p7.

Manu

Not super excited as the Jag feels slow at Laguna. We'll see.

Got in to enter second slot in Oceania. Felt a bit off the pace and wasn't able to put anything together in qualifying, being dead last until the last flying lap and I dropped over a second on my time to move me up to p11. Shows how slow I had been. I start on Hards and at the start of the run uphill a soft runner behind puts his nose in, I hold it on the outside but they run their line as if I'm not still out there and ahead. Wheels on the dirt and my correcting it means I give them a pretty good side slam but it was just trying to stay on track. They keep it in for the lethal fast left and I don't notice until late and turn in, we touch but they realized they should back out and we both survive, just a little slow. In my annoyance I clip the corkscrew and get a penalty and pit for softs.

Nothing much else after that. I came out in clean air, would catch the cars behind then make silly mistakes losing all that gain and a little more so I steadily dropped back a bit. Couple of wrecks in front and some straight pace advantage means when everything cycled around for the last lap I manage to just nip ahead of someone on their pit exit and am p9 but a sizable gap ahead. Heading to the final turn I see yellow flags and the other Jag who was fast but reckless in qualifying has binned it and can't get back to the track. So I'm still a p8. I'll take it. I was a bit too inconsistent to really be much higher but didn't wreck so that's a bonus for me there.

Last edited:
Server error and slot 1 is gone. I guess they broke something in the latest update..
leading the race in my second attempt, and after 10 laps suddenly a black screen; unexpected error!
Wow. Error and warm up hasn’t even started. Sort it out PD
ANOTHER ONE
Was going to do Nations yesterday but when the timer ran out for matchmaking it just didn't put me into a lobby and didn't bother going again
I was up late last night because slot 1 locked up. Hung out in the pit waiting for qualy until 5 minutes before slot 2. Backed out and joined the 2nd slot. As soon as qualy started, the game crashed.
Chupa's Friday was disastrous too with 2 network disconnections, as I mentioned earlier.

Last night during Nations Oceania his slot 3 went black-screen during matchmaking. He waited 40 mins. No dice.

So, he missed out on 3 slots over the two nights due to network errors.

Last edited:
For GT2 i entered the 1st slot and that race was more exciting than I thought it would be. It was honestly a mostly clean race from the people I was around.

My qualifying was almost a disaster as I set a banker lap and then run into traffic that ruins my next 2 laps. Fortunately on my last lap I finish in P6 with a 1:28.573. I'm pleased with that time as I was a few tenths quicker than my practice times.

I start the race on the hard tire and I dive in the pits along with everyone except 9 cars end of lap 1. This is going to be interesting in the end as I come out of the pits in P10. I'm being way too timid and not pushing the car limits as a trip to the sand is an instant race over. Lap 4, I get the corkscrew all types of wrong and lose a bunch of time that factors into the race finish. The next few laps I have more troubles through the corkscrew again. I figured out that my tires are going away faster tan anticipated and I break earlier to compensate. That allows P11 in a Porsche to catch up. A driver pits on lap 7 and I'm super confused but take the free spot to P9.

The Porsche makes a dive on me in turn 4 on lap 11, and hits my rear and goes by. Annoying as it was clean up until that point. Whatever, I continue on. The Porsche that dove on me runs wide in turn 6 on the next lap and I get my spot back. I consider that an even trade for the dive. On the last lap, those who didn't pit come in and I go to P6 with me right on the tail of P5. I just can't get by clean and going 2 wide in the corkscrew ain't going to work. The Porsche hits my rear quarter-panel AGAIN on turn 10, but I don't lose control and go for the finish line. A mess in the final turn when an AMG that we were also racing with makes a dive and hits me. Somehow, I don't lose control and and the AMG and Porsche both slow down to let me by and I finish P6 with 107 points.

Now, I think that if I didn't mess up on the corkscrew on lap 4, I would have finished P5. I would have been a second or so clear of P5 who was coming out of the pits by my estimates. I could be wrong as well and it wouldn't have made a difference in the end. I'm still happy with my result and happy to get a triple digit score. Aside from getting hit a bunch, I had a fun time in the race. It wasn't as stressful as last week with the tire wear and such. Looking forward to next week as I'm having an overall great time in this season so far.

GTWS Manufacturers Laguna Seca
GT1 - A/S lobby
WRX Gr. 4

Surprised myself by getting pole with a 1:27.162. Started on softs and pitted on lap 13 for hards.

Got a 0.5s penalty on the first lap for cutting the Corkscrew and that dropped me to 2nd but it didn't matter, the guy ended up pulling away anyway. Also lost 2nd place due to some scrappy driving. Followed him closely up to the end.

Back on the podium and 184 points. Pretty content with the result.

DSC_3588.JPG

DSC_3589.JPG

DSC_3590.JPG

Last edited:
2022 GTWS Manufacturers Cup Season 2 - Round 4
Slot 4 - 23:00

Not much to say about this one. Qualified towards the back in P13 and started on Hards. Driving consistently is what helped me gain positions from others who ended up making major mistakes. I spent virtually the whole race with a sizable gap between me and other cars and didn't get into a battle with anyone. Landed 8th place at the very end after a WRX driver with a 3 second penalty from cutting the pit lane went off into the sand. Ouch. Added 162 points to my score with this result.

4A828B7F-9779-4DC0-9518-53EFCAE19CDC.png

97BE9126-8C54-420A-8E0E-0F005D1F8903.png

Chupa's Friday was disastrous too with 2 network disconnections, as I mentioned earlier.

Last night during Nations Oceania his slot 3 went black-screen during matchmaking. He waited 40 mins. No dice.

So, he missed out on 3 slots over the two nights due to network errors.
I do love watchings Chupa's livestreams; he is very fast but can make me laugh too....

I am still wondering if the unexpected error was only for me or for the entire lobby? Does anybody know? It for sure wasn't the internet connection; there were no signs of any bad connection or anything; just alll of a sudden a black screen and the error message.

If it was just me then the Sirocco that was in second about 12 seconds behind me must have been very happy to see me dissapear. :lol:

2022 GTWS Manufacturers Cup Round 4
Laguan Seca - Group 4 Jaguar
Slot 1

Another good lobby as I got to see @F1Bernardo in the ole paddock. We said hello and then jumped on track. I ran that cat around the track as quick about as I could for qualifying which landed me a 1:26.7xx. That held me in spot Q5 unitl the last lap of qualifying when I was dropped down to Q8. Which stunk, because that put me just behind the 90 degree left hand corner for the start of the race. I think Bernardo was only 2 spots back but then ended up one spot back as the race progressed.

Anyway, I managed that left at the start without dying and set my sights on catching the group ahead. I had 3 racers in front of me jump in the pits to swap off their Hards on lap 1. Then I pulled in another racer on lap 2. My goal was to outpace the early pitters and see where I ended up after I put my Hards on at the end of Lap 13. I did well, came out tied for P4 but the other guy had on soft tires...so it didn't last long. LOL. Then made a mistake in the fast left before the uphill and went a bit wide. I wanted to kick myself. Lost another position there and then had to battle to hold onto P6. Ended up a fun race. I was happy topPut 248 points in the bank and call it a night.

I love driving Laguna, in the right car :)

I ran three slots in the Genesis G70 finishing 6th, 4th and finally 3rd.

Couldn’t get near poll but always had a reasonable starting position. My worse start was 9th. This started me just short of the last bend…..not great. The rolling start really penalised anyone starting from 9-16. Kind of unfair really.

I ran the same tactic in all 3 races, starting on softs and running as long as I could. The G70 was really gentle on the tyres. In the final race I only pitted for hards for the last lap.

I always find Laguna a little “slick” so I ran TCS 1. This really helped the car get the power down out of the corners.

Very little “dubious” driving in evidence with most folks driving with respect. A refreshing change from the Dailies.

Was a fun session. Can’t say better than that. :D

I do love watchings Chupa's livestreams; he is very fast but can make me laugh too....

I am still wondering if the unexpected error was only for me or for the entire lobby? Does anybody know? It for sure wasn't the internet connection; there were no signs of any bad connection or anything; just alll of a sudden a black screen and the error message.

If it was just me then the Sirocco that was in second about 12 seconds behind me must have been very happy to see me dissapear. :lol:
Afraid I don't know mate. We'd have to find someone else who was in the same split and slot I 'suppose.

One thing's for sure, everyone would have left Chupapi's 3rd-slot race last night 'cause he waited right up until the minute 4th the slot opened. Had to reboot the game 'cause there was no other way out; the Exit button didn't work.

I agree it was unlikely to have been your internet connection. Chupa tested his on Friday and Saturday and all the while he was live-streaming without any glitches in the stream. Plus, others here have reported similar issues. If I had to guess I'd say it had something to do with Thursday's server maintenance.

Being a silver-lining guy, I'm taking this as a positive sign that perhaps something significant in the way of upgrades happened and that once this issue's sorted out the service will be better overall.

Last edited:
No practice. The stupid penalty line meant I started... oh, somewhere near the back. Finished 10th. Had a nice incident with a TCR driver in an SLS who barged his way past me through two consecutive corners and did the same to a Subaru later on. Meh.

Also discovered the Silvia can't flash its headlights, I think.

Hey. Sorry about that. Mind sharing the video if you saved it. I know it doesn't help, but TCR has a reporting system. May not change much, but if said driver is an actual TCR driver, I'm sure @Tidgney would be interested to see.

Last nights race at Laguna Seca was (for me at least) a bit of a snooze fest given the lack of genuine strategy options.

That said the final 2 or 3 laps were certainly entertaining, given the sloppy driving on display by some in the field. And I also had a great two lap battle to the line with a Porsche.

I started down in 12th despite setting a personal best lap in Qualifying with the Jaguar. Bolted the Hards on for the start and ran as fast as possible on them without making any unforced errors. Pitted at the end of lap 1 in 11th, overtook the other Porcshe in the race as they were driving through the gravel near the pit entrance.

Came out of the pits in 12th and set about nailing quick consistent laps in clean air whilst those who didn't pit were still fighting for positions.

Out dragged a Porsche on lap 3 up the main straight after they served a half second penalty, then got into a groove and before I knew it it was lap 10 and I was up into 9th and closing rapidly on the pole sitting Subaru, I got past him after he had what appears to have been at least their second or third off track adventure.

Overtook a Toyota after they ran wide through the gravel on the run up to the Corkscrew and then off at the Corkscrew on the same lap. Also got past the lone Nissan in the race at the Corkscrew after they went off.

And then had one last drag race up the main straight with the same Porsche from earlier after they attempted to go around the outside on the final turn.

Came home in 6th place, which was about as good a recovery from my starting position as I could have hoped for.

Would that be Chuupaghetti? Just checking his stream. He does it smart, uses a sidekick.

Latest Posts

Back