Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
The Gran-Turismo website doesn't work for me at the moment and on GTPlanet is only see a blank, white page on the World Series articles. I won't have any time to prepare for this weekends races.

Would somebody be so kind to state this weekends races, what they are about and what you would recomend for a B-Driver on Gamepad with AT who has no time to prepare?

That would be great!
Nations Cup. Catalunya No Chicane, Gr. 3. 12 laps, Fuel x4, Tires x5. Open strategy. Some fuel saving needed.
  • 0 stop (12 Hard). Some fuel saving needed. Avoids the pit stop. BRZ, Porsche 911 RSR good with this strategy. Safe strategy.
  • 1 stop (6 Soft - 6 Soft). Some tire saving needed (aka don't push too hard), as you risk a tire puncture. Use the BRZ. ~29 second pit loss, you also risk battling traffic.
  • 0 stop (12 Medium). Mega tire saving needed, only do this if you 1000% know what you're doing, as you risk a tire puncture at the end. Only use BRZ.

Manufacturer Cup. Laguna Seca, Gr. 4. 14 laps, fuel + tire x1. Mandatory Stop, Hards required.
  • 13 Soft - 1 Hard, or 1 Hard - 13 Soft. Depends where you qualify.
  • Most cars should make the 13 laps on Soft tires.

Last edited:
Nations Cup. Catalunya No Chicane, Gr. 3. 12 laps, Fuel x4, Tires x5. Open strategy. Some fuel saving needed.
  • 0 stop (12 Hard). Some fuel saving needed. Avoids the pit stop. BRZ, Porsche 911 RSR good with this strategy. Safe strategy.
  • 1 stop (6 Soft - 6 Soft). Some tire saving needed (aka don't push too hard), as you risk a tire puncture. Use the BRZ. ~29 second pit loss, you also risk battling traffic.
  • 0 stop (12 Medium). Mega tire saving needed, only do this if you 1000% know what you're doing, as you risk a tire puncture at the end. Only use BRZ.
I’ve not had to do any fuel-saving for this one (probably because I’m not going fast enough). My Z4 finishes with under a laps worth left but never in danger of running out. Auto driver.

Did they change the SR levels in the latest update?

9B0D577D-B67A-4F45-8065-E00F975262F9.jpeg

A+ for SR? My profile page still says I’m at S.

Last edited:
Well that was a complete disaster. Decided to have a go with minimal preparation…
1st attempt I messed up every qualifying lap, and the one good lap I did, I ran wide at the last corner. Started P12, worked up to 10th after a clean start, then my phone rings and I bin it trying to answer. Rage quit #1.
2nd attempt, put it 4th on the grid with a 1.38.9. Easily up to 3rd thanks to the BRZs being slow off the line, and the guy outbrakes himself into turn 1 and punts me. Got going again 10 sec behind 2nd last, and I spin again all on my own trying to make up time.
DNF/DNF. Pretty annoyed with my efforts but that’s all I’ve got in me tonight. Oh well. Better luck next time.

I'll be bucking the BRZ/911 trend and taking one of the Ford GT LMs later tonight. Fully expecting to be the only one of those in my lobby, will be extremely surprised if I'm not.

It needs a tiny bit of fuel management but it's felt far more suited to my driving style than the meta cars. I tried them but couldn't get anywhere close on lap times. I might even give a BRZ a scare off the rolling start with the straight line difference. ;)

I wouldn't normally even consider an MR given the choice but it's felt surprisingly planted. Not sure if that's just how the car is or the recent physics changes (or both) but I'll take it!
Did they change the SR levels in the latest update?

View attachment 1189295

A+ for SR? My profile page still says I’m at S.
Nah, it's been like that on the website since GT7 launched. For whatever reason that section displays S SR as A+.

So I ran a 1 stop softs strat for both my races tonight.

First race I was on for a podium but had been pushing too hard and almost ran out of fuel (which had never happened in practise so took me by absolute surprise). Still got FL tho so yay!

Second race qualifying was super tight, the entire grid within a sec so I started dead last. Cut through the field as before and nabbed 7th. Could have been 5th but the blokes on worn hards last lap were nigh impossible to get by which, of course they'd be blocking for their lives right!

20970907363944820.jpg

Nations GT2 Asia slot 2, Subaru BRZ GT300 '21

Went for the no stop on hard, but kind of regret it.
The BRZ is not nice on hard, and it was just painful to be in the traffic with big understeer and low power.

Qualified Q7, fairly far from my best and in front of a 911, so P8 by the first turn.

First few laps were messy, with a big group of 6-7 cars together, and quite a lot of mini-incidents - small hits mostly due to the different breaking points, but making the slow corners quite stressful.

Up to last turn of lap 5, when the car in front of me brake in the middle of the turn, so me as well but the Porsche behind didn't. Pushed me in the sand, and I loose 10s to get out and find myself P13.

Went back to P5 thanks to pit stops mostly, and 2 laps to go with a BRZ on soft catching really fast. I let it through without fight.
Last lap, a Mustang on soft is on my bumper but I'm decided to defend the best I can - leading to track limit penalty, and P7.

Not great, but will leave it there for today.

I’ll never understand how anyone can drive the 911, I hated it in GTS and it’s not any better in GT7. The Huracan was fastest for me in practice followed closely by the BRZ, 4C and NSX but don’t want to contend with the Huracan’s “tendencies” so I’m going with the Alfa tonight, don’t know if I’ve ever used it in an online race so why not

I am going to risk it with my fake 720s , had best time with it with dualsense , hopefully i will end up at least in the top10 :D

good luck everybody
You should do quite well if you're comfortable in it! I've tried the BRZ and 911 and I'm still most comfortable in the old GTR:

1662134909431.png

I think I needed to spend more time with the 911 to get used to it, overall pace is more stable with this even if the 911 can get a quicker lap here and there. Hopefully I'll be able to surprise a few people tonight.

I'm also surprised that this is still the fastest Nissan on the leaderboard... 🤷‍♂️

Best of luck in your race as well! Hoping you'll make it top 5 😁. Best of luck to everyone else as well!

Qualified 1st in 911, 1:39.5…..The BRZ drivers behind me were a 1.5s slower. I was considering doing 5s/7m, but I decided to go hard no stop…hopefully fuel will be enough.

I kept first place for a lap and on end of lap 2, dropped to 3rd. It was still good and my win until lap 3 I got shoved on the dirt by an Emirati driver dropping me to the middle-end of the back at p12, lost +10s. I had to climb back up overtaking 4 in track, and the rest pitted, took back 1st.

The race ended with me 2nd sadly and I can’t help feel utter crap about it. The first only overtook me on lap 11, and I was only 2.2s behind. Should been an easy win.

How are the rules made? If I try a second time and get a worse result, will the last attempt be counted instead?

Edit: and the idiot who shoved me was saying I need to learn how to turn…from someone who lost to me ( he finished 4th far back).

Last edited:
Very tough crowd in Catalunya today. Nothing like seeing people set quali times faster than your personal best over and over and over, especially when your personal best was a fluke. :lol: My lobby was packed with BRZs and 911s, with only me, a Mercedes and a McLaren daring to use something else.

I ended up qualifying P9 with a 1:39.154 in the middle of a couple of BRZs. I'd hoped for a 1.39.1xx or lower, so not complaining.

My pace from practice (mid 1:42s to low 1:43s) unfortunately had deserted me. I just really struggled to get into the flow of things and it took me until lap 7 to get into the 1:42s, with several people getting relatively easy overtakes on me. That was somewhat cancelled out by the number of people making major mistakes though, thankfully.

I was on for P5 until I made a slip-up on lap 9 and went a bit wide onto the astroturf through turn 3, which gave P6 behind me a free pass through turn 4 and brought the two BRZs right behind him into the mix. Things got even more complicated on lap 11 when a couple of people who'd pitted for Mediums came charging back through on Softs. Absolutely no way of fighting them whatsoever so I just let them through. Eventually one of the BRZs got me on lap 12, but that got cancelled out shortly after by the McLaren losing it with dead tyres from attempting a Medium no-stop so I finished P8 for 178 points.

How are the rules made? If I try a second time and get a worse result, will the last attempt be counted instead?
Yes. It's only the last attempt you make that gets registered.

Last edited:
Well it ended better than i expected , qualified 10th eh that went badly 1.41.480

now the race - obviously a lot of BRZs , i should call them BZZZs because they been like a bees around my car , went with RH no pit stop ,
sadly there was quite a lot of dirty driving around and i by mistake hit the damn buzzing BRZ rear thus gotten 5 second penalty , that wasnt that bad as it was close to BZZs to the pitstops , climbed the ranks from the 10th to 7th , all went okay for few laps then RSRs got new fresh tyres and went after me , some got all over the track , even one guy was so pissed at me that it rammed my rear but thankfully it seems all those RSRs had problems with tyres at the end so i ended up in 4th place - got lucky i guess :D

car was great , just my errors and bad luck at the first part of the race
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP Layout No Chicane_.jpegCircuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP Layout No Chicane__1.jpegGran Turismo™ 7_20220902203951.jpg

Is anyone using the RX-Vision? Set my fastest single practise lap in it but it was all a bit too Tokyo Drift. Didn't have a chance to do a long test run so wary of the tyre deg.
Good, see below. Good on fuel and tyres, but can be snappy if you have a heavy foot. Also tends to have random understeer, but when do I not?
Qualified 1st in 911, 1:39.5…..The BRZ drivers behind me were a 1.5s slower. I was considering doing 5s/7m, but I decided to go hard no stop…hopefully fuel will be enough.

I kept first place for a lap and on end of lap 2, dropped to 3rd. It was still good and my win until lap 3 I got shoved on the dirt by an Emirati driver dropping me to the middle-end of the back at p12 and I had to climb back up, lost around 10sec.

The race ended with me 2nd, but I can’t help feel utter crap about it. The first only overtook me on lap 11, and I was only 2.2s behind. Should been an easy win.

Yes, your last result is what counts. If you win slot 1 and come 16th slot 2 it's slot 2's result that counts. Keep your 2nd.

Once again I had to claw back up from an early incident. And I'm afraid my streak of 5th's is over.

Equalled my practice lap of a 41:00, but it was only good enough for 11th. My start was good. I had the run on the BRZ into turn 1 thanks to my better speed but cold hards meant I went too deep and they went back up my inside. However I quickly caught the 4 cars fighting towards the gantry. I went for a Hamilton and the inside line. The car from turn 1 tried to be Rosberg but they bounced off me. However they still tried to force their way in through the middle of me and another BRZ on the outside. Thankfully I came out unscathed with a 4 place overtake. 😏
But the tyre disparity and car difference meant I went too deep into the left at the bottom of the hill and the BRZ went back up the inside. Unfortunately the car started to slide. This meant the other following BRZ had nowhere to go but into my rear quarter. Around I went. Thankfully for once I faced the right way and avoided another spin to get back on track DFL. The game played joker and gave me penalty for track limits. :confused:
With a lap I was back on the tail of the cars ahead. I passed last who struggled pacewise. Then the next car ran wide through the last corner. The next lap cars started to pit and I gained places left right and centre. The guy who had set the fastest lap closed on me. Very respectfully they did not force the move but I allowed them around the outside of T3. I started to close on an AMG ahead. I knew it would be worse on tyres than me. But another BRZ started to close again. The Italian who had passed me pit again.
Lap 11 and I was close enough to make a move into T1 and he played fair and made sure we both lost as little time as possible by reading the situation.
1662145975252.png
I then used him as a rear gunner and pulled away. On the last lap I caught a BRZ who was really struggling. However the one behind also caught me. I decided to not fight the one behind in the hope they'd make an opening for the one ahead. It worked. Into the long right of 12 we both went underneath. However the guy ahead then went wide in 13 and practically stopped. So I gained 4th just before the last corner and brought it home!

Again I wonder were I would have ended up without the spin. Best result of the season so very happy.
What's with the penalties at Campsa? I got one for barely running wide (thanks understeer) but saw many run wider without a penalty.

Also in the replay I noticed the jets give out a 2nd smokescreen. Entertaining the fans in the main grandstand perhaps?
1662146292771.png

Same. Tried to join Euro slot 2. List of players came up, then kicked out with an error message.
Damn that's unlucky, I managed to get into the next one.

Qualified first, kept in first till lap 6 where a brz went around the outside half way round, second to last corner, his tyres are gone and goes wide, I go on the inside to overtake but of course he needed to pit - BUMP! he makes it to the pit but i spin into some bollards on the right - no damage.

Re-join in second behind a Porsche, retake first after a couple of laps then he pits (?) on lap 9 or so (med/soft?) I now have a 15 second lead in a race I've already crashed in.

Lap 11, that infamous glitch kerb comes out to play and spins me right round baby right round but stay on track for the last corner and continue. Now just a 9 second gap. nothing else happens. Win with a total time of 20:49. (20:30 is what I should've gotten)

SHARE_20220902_0746500.jpeg

I see, I think I will go home with the 2nd position. A shame I was really hoping to get my first win ever in gt7, and in a championship at that (even though it’s the GT2 league).
Congrats in the podium! The only difference between that and a win is like 3 points or so. You also have something to aim for next time! 👍

Win with a total time of 20:49. (20:30 is what I should've gotten)

View attachment 1189390
Congrats! That's insane pace for B. For context as to what that pace is capable of, this is what my lobby results looked like and the points to go with it. With a result like that, I reckon the people in your lobby probably thought you were an alt account. :lol:

1662149050003.png
1662149098847.png

Congrats! That's insane pace for B. For context as to what that pace is capable of, this is what my lobby results looked like and the points to go with it. With a result like that, I reckon the people in your lobby probably thought you were an alt account. :lol:

View attachment 1189392View attachment 1189393
😂 Probably! And thanks. It was my friends that suggested that i just go and do online finally lol. Not even 30 races on sport since the game released. How was the Ford?

I can't seem to broadcast to YT but I can to twitch.

This is the unedited race if anyone is interested (I'm not bothered about views or anything, it's just there for anyone interested)
I should've let the guy pit but I thought it was lap 5 🤦‍♂️ I'm also 50/50 about defending hard when I'm clearly on a no stop so could've been more sportsmanlike and let the quicker cars through?

I have such a negative attitude towards these GTWS lately. I enter them thinking I have zero pace, or I can’t compete as I’m not in the meta car.

So I missed the first UK slot and watched a YT stream to get my eye in and see how it goes. They were in the Porsche and everyone else BRZ. Porsche got murdered in top split. This then made me doubt whether I should even bother race as I was using the Porsche too. Couldnt get the lap times in the BRZ.

Entered slot 2 and lobby was a fairly mixed car lobby. BRZ, 911, Supra, RX Vision and Corvette.
Qualified in P5 with a 1.40.218
Picked hard tyres for my race. Race starts and I have zero grip on these hards. Lose a couple of places to the soft and medium runners. Make a small error at the hairpin and I’m down to P8 down. L4 the hard tyre finally switches on and I’m starting to make ground on the cars infront. Make a pass for P6 and then L6/L7 the cars ahead all start to make there stops, so gain positions up to P2. At this point I have a BRZ on mediums right behind me. I knew I had to keep them behind me for a good result. Managed to do this and L9 they start to lose ground on me. One of the front runners who pitted caught me up due to my bad start and the error, decided as they were on fresh tyres they would try risking a move on the no chicane section. We both nearly went off track and destroyed our races. Said in the lobby after the race it was a risky and silly move to which they apologise, so fair play to that driver. L12 i just brought the car home for a solid P3. Very happy with how my race went and my result considering what I saw before I entered the race.

Sorry to bore people with the video.

I have such a negative attitude towards these GTWS lately. I enter them thinking I have zero pace, or I can’t compete as I’m not in the meta car.

So I missed the first UK slot and watched a YT stream to get my eye in and see how it goes. They were in the Porsche and everyone else BRZ. Porsche got murdered in top split. This then made me doubt whether I should even bother race as I was using the Porsche too. Couldnt get the lap times in the BRZ.

Entered slot 2 and lobby was a fairly mixed car lobby. BRZ, 911, Supra, RX Vision and Corvette.
Qualified in P5 with a 1.40.218
Picked hard tyres for my race. Race starts and I have zero grip on these hards. Lose a couple of places to the soft and medium runners. Make a small error at the hairpin and I’m down to P8 down. L4 the hard tyre finally switches on and I’m starting to make ground on the cars infront. Make a pass for P6 and then L6/L7 the cars ahead all start to make there stops, so gain positions up to P2. At this point I have a BRZ on mediums right behind me. I knew I had to keep them behind me for a good result. Managed to do this and L9 they start to lose ground on me. One of the front runners who pitted caught me up due to my bad start and the error, decided as they were on fresh tyres they would try risking a move on the no chicane section. We both nearly went off track and destroyed our races. Said in the lobby after the race it was a risky and silly move to which they apologise, so fair play to that driver. L12 i just brought the car home for a solid P3. Very happy with how my race went and my result considering what I saw before I entered the race.

Sorry to bore people with the video.

No need to be sorry for that video, at least for myself, I like analysing what people do and I'm sure those in the Americas are taking note on all these videos! You got a great result out of it as well! Also subbed 😜

Last edited:
Well that was eventful. Managed to actually enter Euro slot 3. Only qualified 12th, as ever don’t have the pace over one lap.

Absolute carnage on first 2 laps. People swerving, spinning, ramming. Managed a couple of clean passes and avoided the immediate revenge punts, then made a mistake - ran wide on seeing a spinner up ahead and hit them as they were rejoining, then shoved into the barriers by the following car. Middle of lap 2 and I’m reversing onto the track with engine damage and down to 14th.

A pity as I had really good race pace on the mediums. Was catching back up to the pack at over a second a lap. One benefit, the 2 slow laps saved the tyres and let me push through to lap 8.

Pitted from 8th, came out 13th and thought it was all over. So much pace and grip on the softs, 2 seconds faster than before. Loads of people ahead had shredded their tyres. Green Porsche ahead and I started last 2 laps in 12th and 13th. We finished 7th and 8th.

Hits my season target for each round but I can’t help wondering what could’ve been with a clean start. Don’t really want to go again though.

Last 2 laps - “never give up, never surrender”

No need to be sorry for that video, at least for myself, I like analysing what people do and I'm sure those in the Americas are taking note on all these videos! You got a great result out of it as well! Also subbed 😜
Hahaha thanks!
Yeah happy with the result. Been having some great results this season. 3 podiums and 2 top 7‘s.

Yeah I look at the comments on the guys and girls that have done the Oceania name Asian races for tips.

😂 Probably! And thanks. It was my friends that suggested that i just go and do online finally lol. Not even 30 races on sport since the game released. How was the Ford?

I can't seem to broadcast to YT but I can to twitch.

This is the unedited race if anyone is interested (I'm not bothered about views or anything, it's just there for anyone interested)
I should've let the guy pit but I thought it was lap 5 🤦‍♂️ I'm also 50/50 about defending hard when I'm clearly on a no stop so could've been more sportsmanlike and let the quicker cars through?

Not as well as I'd hoped, but I'm not sure how much better I could have done anyway. My lobby was very competitive. Whilst the car felt good practicing in free air, not so nice in dirty air. My best in practice would have been good enough for a P3 but that was running completely in clean air so I would never have been able to replicate it.

Still, was worth a shot. I've already got 3 scores that far exceed my expectations in this Nations season from my P1 - P1 - P3 streak, so one average result doesn't hurt. I'm already doing so much better than I'd thought I would be. :)

Well that was eventful. Managed to actually enter Euro slot 3. Only qualified 12th, as ever don’t have the pace over one lap.

Absolute carnage on first 2 laps. People swerving, spinning, ramming. Managed a couple of clean passes and avoided the immediate revenge punts, then made a mistake - ran wide on seeing a spinner up ahead and hit them as they were rejoining, then shoved into the barriers by the following car. Middle of lap 2 and I’m reversing onto the track with engine damage and down to 14th.

A pity as I had really good race pace on the mediums. Was catching back up to the pack at over a second a lap. One benefit, the 2 slow laps saved the tyres and let me push through to lap 8.

Pitted from 8th, came out 13th and thought it was all over. So much pace and grip on the softs, 2 seconds faster than before. Loads of people ahead had shredded their tyres. Green Porsche ahead and I started last 2 laps in 12th and 13th. We finished 7th and 8th.

Hits my season target for each round but I can’t help wondering what could’ve been with a clean start. Don’t really want to go again though.

Last 2 laps - “never give up, never surrender”

Ah, glad you got a race in! Glad you hit your targets as well. Interesting that you used the BMW, was it just something that suited your driving?

Not as well as I'd hoped, but I'm not sure how much better I could have done anyway. My lobby was very competitive. Whilst the car felt good practicing in free air, not so nice in dirty air. My best in practice would have been good enough for a P3 but that was running completely in clean air so I would never have been able to replicate it.

Still, was worth a shot. I've already got 3 scores that far exceed my expectations in this Nations season from my P1 - P1 - P3 streak, so one average result doesn't hurt. I'm already doing so much better than I'd thought I would be. :)
Ah yea I like the way GTWS only picks the best 4 results so that it's actually a lot less pressure on people. I've missed the first rounds of both nations and manu's so sort of playing catch up myself. I honestly appreciate the fact that you went for a car you wanted to drive, rather than go with the meta. Keep up the positivity my friend!

So I ran a 1 stop softs strat for both my races tonight.

First race I was on for a podium but had been pushing too hard and almost ran out of fuel (which had never happened in practise so took me by absolute surprise). Still got FL tho so yay!

Second race qualifying was super tight, the entire grid within a sec so I started dead last. Cut through the field as before and nabbed 7th. Could have been 5th but the blokes on worn hards last lap were nigh impossible to get by which, of course they'd be blocking for their lives right!

View attachment 1189299
Oh hey guy. Thanks for punting me out of 2nd on the last lap at nations a few weeks ago. Really appreciated the acknowledgment too

Latest Posts

Back