Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
Next week's Nations race looks interesting - 12 laps of no-chicane Catalunya, any compound, no mandatory stop, fuel x4. tyre x5. Initial thoughts - not sure even the BRZ can do a RH no-stop now.

Unfortunately Manufacturers is a 1x/1x snoozer at Laguna, AWDs to dominate again.
Hang on…. So next week in the daily races we have Catalunya no chicane in gr3 and then the nations race is Catalunya no chicane gr3?

Next week's Nations race looks interesting - 12 laps of no-chicane Catalunya, any compound, no mandatory stop, fuel x4. tyre x5. Initial thoughts - not sure even the BRZ can do a RH no-stop now.
I'd be very surprised if it can't. I did a test run in the Ford GT LM last night and that managed an RH no-stop. I'd tried the RM no-stop first but the left tyres gave up during lap 11.

I'd be very surprised if it can't. I did a test run in the Ford GT LM last night and that managed an RH no-stop. I'd tried the RM no-stop first but the left tyres gave up during lap 11.
ah, good that there’s some options if the Ford can do it.

ADD - just done a practice run, yeah it's another boring no-stopper on hards, don't even need to fuel save.

Last edited:
Laguna next week is your classic GT Sport race with a pit stop either after lap 1 or before final lap, just to get the Hard compound out the way. Other 13 laps on Softs.

21 minute race with the usual Laguna 3 hour pit stop! :lol: (It’s actually roughly a 35 second pit stop so can still go and put the kettle on while the animation is rolling!)

Laguna next week is your classic GT Sport race with a pit stop either after lap 1 or before final lap, just to get the Hard compound out the way. Other 13 laps on Softs.

21 minute race with the usual Laguna 3 hour pit stop! :lol: (It’s actually roughly a 35 second pit stop so can still go and put the kettle on while the animation is rolling!)
or even better, get yourself one of these:

1661710837913.png

I’m watching Kireth on YouTube…apparently in the SF race, the overtake recharge after one lap constantly.

I want to cry.

Edit: that video was from May…I guess it was a bug then and fixed?

Last edited:
Wrong colour and too much head.

here's a drink for you then, maybe more of your taste?:

1661722842701.png

Cheers! :cheers:

on topic: doing some testing at Laguna Seca. Really like this track but it so difficult to get consistent here. I found it helps to turn the TCS on just before the corkscrew....makes it so much easier to get clean through it. Surprised to see it is not just the WRX topping the leaderboard, there is actually a variety of cars, the Sirocco topping the charts at the moment.

Last edited:
Nations will be interesting this week. My testing tells me that some cars have a VERY big difference between lap times on softs vs hards. Some are much closer. I think the lemmings who choose their ride based on the FP leaderboard are in for a surprise.

Nations will be interesting this week. My testing tells me that some cars have a VERY big difference between lap times on softs vs hards. Some are much closer. I think the lemmings who choose their ride based on the FP leaderboard are in for a surprise.
Is it worth using the softs (or even mediums) when the hards will let you do a no-stopper pretty comfortably?

I did get 10 laps from the mediums in a test, so maybe a 2S/10M would work but I'm not sure it's much quicker, and no-stopping avoids any pit penalty issues.

Is it worth using the softs (or even mediums) when the hards will let you do a no-stopper pretty comfortably?

I did get 10 laps from the mediums in a test, so maybe a 2S/10M would work but I'm not sure it's much quicker, and no-stopping avoids any pit penalty issues.
Just in the middle of testing myself now.
My runs in the Porsche.
Test 1 was mediums 8 laps, softs 4 - total race time 21.05 - 1.42.6
Test 2 12 laps hard - total race time 20.47 - average lap 1.43.8

20 seconds time difference. The pit lane is were all the time is lost.

Any of you oceanic peeps have a UTC time of when your guy’s slots start for nations? Might be my only shot at getting an FIA race in this week.

Any of you oceanic peeps have a UTC time of when your guy’s slots start for nations? Might be my only shot at getting an FIA race in this week.

Thanks Famine, was on the Gran Turismo website but it’s difficult to navigate to say the least

Just in the middle of testing myself now.
My runs in the Porsche.
Test 1 was mediums 8 laps, softs 4 - total race time 21.05 - 1.42.6
Test 2 12 laps hard - total race time 20.47 - average lap 1.43.8

20 seconds time difference. The pit lane is were all the time is lost.
Try a 6s/6s in the BRZ. I think it should be better than the RSR one stop.

It may be faster overall but the Subaru just feels defenceless down the straights.
Agreed, I have been running the BRZ on Daily C and the 911 is a pain to defend against.
Actually, starting ahead of one is already a problem - by the time we reach the first corner, it is already on my rear bumper...
I do like driving the BRZ better however, so will probably go with it for Nations, but not sure if one stop of no stop.

It may be faster overall but the Subaru just feels defenceless down the straights.

KCR
Agreed, I have been running the BRZ on Daily C and the 911 is a pain to defend against.
Actually, starting ahead of one is already a problem - by the time we reach the first corner, it is already on my rear bumper...
I do like driving the BRZ better however, so will probably go with it for Nations, but not sure if one stop of no stop.
So far I think the 911 no stop is quickest. But I also think the one stop on softs in the BRZ will be better than a no stop in that car because the gap between soft and hard lap times is huge.

I expect a lot to see the leaderboard and assume the BRZ is meta. But so far I think there are at least 3 other cars that are better options.

From the racing so far in Catalunya, I'm nowhere near fast enough in the 911 or BRZ. Going to need to try something else for Friday if the majority will be running those.

From the racing so far in Catalunya, I'm nowhere near fast enough in the 911 or BRZ. Going to need to try something else for Friday if the majority will be running those.
For the practice time trial, I tried the r35 GTR with a 1:39.8, then the BRZ and got 1:39.2, then tried the R34 GTR and got a 1:38.8. That's position #390 as of writing which I find astonishing considering I'm just some average B rated driver. Practice race lap times are in the 1:42 range on Hards with no stop strat. No idea if this is good enough for GT2 category and not even sure if it's the best car to use so will be trying some more options out.

Back