Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
That was a tough one. It didn't seem so bad when I did a practice race with the AI to get a feel for the tyre wear, but with other people around it felt like a completely different game. Definitely struggled with the nerves on this one.

1661615085573.png

I was doing well in free practice before the race chaining a lot of 1:17.9-1:18.2-ish laps together but utterly lost my bottle in qualifying. My first lap was a 1:18.556, and my final lap after several quits and restarts was marginally better at 1:18.480 which earned me P12. Time to slap on some Hards and dig in for the long haul.

At the start of the race, the Mitsubishi starting P10 had some kind of major technical issue as they just didn't accelerate. Halfway through lap 1 a message popped up in the chat about the game not handing over control and he quit. On the other hand, I was definitely accelerating.

I took the DBR instead of the Vantage for this round since it's the lighter of the two cars. I didn't actually test the Vantage in proper race conditions but I figured the extra weight would hurt the tyre wear. I knew the DBR was better in a straight line but I've not done any races with it. It definitely caught me off guard a little as I ended up going 2-wide with the McLaren that started P11 into turn 1, with me on the outside.

I ended up fighting with the McLaren over the next few laps, with a free position in the meantime because a BRZ that started P8 binned it in sector 3. We had another BRZ right behind us waiting to pounce... until it got a bit too throttle-happy in the last sector, clipped the grass and spun. I managed to get in front of the McLaren shortly afterwards at turn 1 but it held close and got the inside line at turn 4, taking the position back. The McLaren then went wide through the long banked right allowing me to get in front, only to then lose the position again at the sharp upward right-hander when it did a switchback. Nervous as all hell trying to fight on Hards with this kind of tyre wear but can't complain about some good, clean, hard fought racing. 👍

On lap 5, a Chevrolet binned it at the end of sector 1 from losing the back end so I gained another free position. I've been routinely using TCS1 in GT7 and it's moments like that where I feel it's worth it even though the majority view of it seems quite negative, especially if you're in the higher ratings.

On lap 8, me and the McLaren (who had started dropping me a bit by this point) caught up with a Mercedes with a track limits penalty who ended up being a straightforward overtake in sector 3 as it actually moved over. Looking at the replay, it had absolutely eviscerated a set of Hards and was forced to pit at the end of that lap. The front-right was almost gone when we caught it in sector 2 and completely gone when I passed.

I came in to pit at the end of lap 9, only to then struggle to get used to the fresh Mediums. The Mercedes clearly had better pace over a single lap as it caught up quickly and overtook me on lap 12, but it was shredding the Mediums to bits and got another track limits penalty. The BRZ that binned it on lap 1 also caught me at this point as well, so down to P9 but then back up to P8 from the Mercedes' penalty. The Mercedes' tyres were utterly dead now too, completely unable to keep pace whatsoever.

Going into sector 3 on lap 15, me and the BRZ caught an ailing Supra with a penalty and a bald front-right who moved over - P7. And as a final gift for managing to survive the gauntlet, the Honda that started P3 was just a little bit further up the road, attempting to crawl home on dead tyres and having a nightmare doing it. He couldn't keep it in a straight line, so another free position gained going onto the home straight.

End result, P6 for 201 points which I'm very pleased with. :) I'm not sure I feel like I earned it though. I know I did since I managed my tyres and survived where others didn't, but not quite how I'd imagined things playing out...

Last edited:
In the AMG tyre killer so had to take it easy really. Did the first slot.

Quali. What is it with idiots who crash then proceed to block your flying lap. PD I think need to add a system that can tell when a fast car is approaching a slow car and give that car a blue flag. My fastest lap was destroyed by this clown!
Managed to only get 1 flying lap in as 1st lap was a banker, 2nd made an error, 3rd was my time I set, 4th was blocked and on for a faster lap and then 5th made another error. Qualified P5.

Race start and I had zero grip on my hard tyres. I was struggling for 2 laps and managed to just keep the car behind me from passing. End of Lap 2 I was up to P3 and I totally forgot my braking point towards the end of the lap. Went wide and down to P8. After that I managed to pass the car ahead into P7 then managed tyres well and started to put in 1.21 laps. Pitted end of L9 in P7 and didnt catch anyone, but after a mistake from a car ahead I moved up to P6 and that’s were I finished.

Thought about going again as I reckon I can get a good result from this race, but happy to stick with a P6

End result, P6 for 201 points which I'm very pleased with. :) I'm not sure I feel like I earned it though. I know I did since I managed my tyres and survived where others didn't, but not quite how I'd imagined things playing out...
Yea, I'd say you earned it based on what you said, survivability and consistency counts. Well done!

Again had to dig myself out of a hole. If I ever get some luck then I may get a another podium.
But first an update on yesterday. So I got confused with my points. Unlike GTS which puts your points into the charts straight away GT7 waits until the end of the day. Also I forgot that I have done all Nations unlike last week's Manu where I was on my stag.
I did get 70 points and 4th after the Italian quit too early after the race.

I did a test of this earlier in the day and managed to get to lap 10 easily. It told me I could do either a lap 9 or 10 pit depending on the situation. So refreshing to have tyres that old and not spin out at the first sign of a corner.

Qualified P4 which I was very happy with. Dumped my softs for Hards.
Start was o.k. but not going 100% meant a car got me when I went wide in the right after the hill. The into turn 1 a Lancer tapped me strangely but I held onto 5th. A BMW in close attention barged me into the downhill hairpin. However they outbraked themselves into the left at the bottom of the hill and I was back past them only to go wide at the top again. The BMW barged me again and hit me a couple more times. I stopped a wobble and into the next zone I returned the favour. Looking at the replay they must have been on the pad so were able to easily stop their slide and then they hit me again. I wasn't so lucky and span across the grass on the inside of the kink. Thankfully I face the right way and get going easily again but back into 10th now. However it is a godsend as it puts me into clear air so I can do my pace.
I pass a couple of pitters and those who end up going off including the French BMW who is in the barrier at the bottom of the hill again. I pit on lap 9 for meds. I come out in 9th just behind an Alfa. They are obviously struggling as I close in throughout the lap. They pit at the end of the lap and I'm up to 8th. I pass another car who is off and I am catching the 2 ahead. Penultimate lap I cut under the GT-R in the right after the hill as they go wide. Next lap it's a carbon copy as the Beetle also goes wide.
1661617474341.png

I cross the line 5th for a good recovery and even better that I beat my 'friend' who put me off after handbags.
Again it's 70 points for my 3rd 5th (across the line) in a row.

But first an update on yesterday. So I got confused with my points. Unlike GTS which puts your points into the charts straight away GT7 waits until the end of the day. Also I forgot that I have done all Nations unlike last week's Manu where I was on my stag.
I did get 70 points and 4th after the Italian quit too early after the race.
You can see your race points in the lobby after the race. On the very right had side where it shows the race order and the times, the time box changes after about 10 seconds to race points. You just need to remember after the race to hang around in the lobby to check. I forgot today to check, so hoping a P6 is about 65ish

You can see your race points in the lobby after the race. On the very right had side where it shows the race order and the times, the time box changes after about 10 seconds to race points. You just need to remember after the race to hang around in the lobby to check. I forgot today to check, so hoping a P6 is about 65ish
I know. But if you read my post from yesterday I went from 5th on the timing screen to 4th in the lobby screen. I checked my points on autopilot from GTS and saw 65 points. I assumed it kept the points for 5th despite saying I was 4th. Only today I could clarify it for myself and my fans :D.

In the AMG tyre killer so had to take it easy really. Did the first slot.

Quali. What is it with idiots who crash then proceed to block your flying lap. PD I think need to add a system that can tell when a fast car is approaching a slow car and give that car a blue flag. My fastest lap was destroyed by this clown!
Managed to only get 1 flying lap in as 1st lap was a banker, 2nd made an error, 3rd was my time I set, 4th was blocked and on for a faster lap and then 5th made another error. Qualified P5.
Lost my best quali lap to a traffic incident. They went wide in the slow uphill righthander, ghosted as they came back on track. I tried to pass on the outside, they went the same way to try and avoid me - boom. No fault really and they apologised in chat.

Was having trouble finding room on this short track. Usually I wait until everyone else has left the pits so I can manage the gap, but no chance to do that here. Didn’t want to drop back too much and mess up someone else’s run.

Qualify time was 7th, 1 sec from first. Lost 0.2 on last corner, which is my weakest link. All 10 top within 1.2sec.

Two laps in, going down 2, up three…..until the 3 lap…..my cats were chasing each other and seems to have jumped on my nVidia Shield remote controller, turning it on. My “smart TV” did the “smart” thing and switched to Netflix….and with it my race is over, and DR/SR.

Now only one last chance left. Hopefully people won’t drive desperately and turn it into chaos.

The two criminals and their murder tool

Edit: thanks for the merge :D

Attachments

• 75ABF1C9-6DBA-4BCC-8E19-BF3D0CB5AB08.jpeg
    75ABF1C9-6DBA-4BCC-8E19-BF3D0CB5AB08.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
It was impossible to do the "9 laps on hard, 6 laps on medium" strat with the 4C, as in the 9th laps (of my first take at the race) the posterior right wheel was gone completely and I've finished spinning uncontrollably :grumpy:

So in the second take I decided to do one lap with soft tires, doing a two pit stops strat :irked: Fortunately I finished 10th, so not last :sly:

Of course with that strat it became a boring race, but a safe one (except for minute 8:29, I almost died) :lol:

Last edited:
okay, so it is 20.00 hrs here and have not seen a single race report or any other posts whatsoever about today's Manufacturers round yet. That hasn't happened before, i think. Is the round that impopulair after PD's tyrewear change?

okay, so it is 20.00 hrs here and have not seen a single race report or any other posts whatsoever about today's Manufacturers round yet. That hasn't happened before, i think. Is the round that impopulair after PD's tyrewear change?
Plenty including mine. 🤔

Huh? Posts where? The last 2/3 pages are all race reports? :lol:

Started 12th this time in the newest of Nissan's turbo bricks, once again showing that I can't qualify to save my life. My best chance, which was my penultimate lap, was undone as I got spooked by a Peugeot that was parked on the racing line at the final corner like a Range Rover on a footpath. It had probably just respawned, and it was still in ghost mode (despite appearing solid, great work PD), but it was enough to put me off a lap that would have gained me a couple of places.

That said, it was probably for the best that I started (on Mediums) in 12th, as I was one of the lucky few who kept it clean on the opening lap. I made it up as far as 7th by the time I ascended the hill towards the windmills, and 5th by lap 3 thanks to further mistakes up ahead, but that was as far as I'd get. By lap 3, I knew that there was no way I could stretch my tyres out to a 1-stop strategy, and I dove in for Hards on lap 5. My second stint was uneventful (bar falling victim to an Audi using the "run your opponent off the road" meta at Turn 4, where I barely kept 2 wheels on the tarmac), but I had to pit again at the end of lap 12 for Softs, dropping me down to 11th. I just about held on ahead of a Spaniard in another GT-R, but I had no idea of the chaos that would unfold in the dying minutes of the race.

I started lap 14 by taking 10th as someone else succumbed to tyre wear, and then I took 9th from a German in a Ferrari thanks to being able to brake much later on my Softs. 9th became 8th when I encountered a sideways Porsche emerging from the gravel at the exit of Turn 5, then 6th at the end of the lap thanks to an Audi finally succumbing to its snap oversteer, and that Peugeot who spooked me in qualifying careening off at the penultimate corner. From then on, it was just a calm cruise to the finish line to hold onto 6th.

Imagine that….I finished 6th again (started 9th). GT2, B/S

Qualified 9th, first lap was clean in until the last quarter. Two cars in accident but couldn’t take advantage because of a British diver behind me and a BMW pushing me wide on the turn. Ended up down to 11. But Zues struck 2 cars on the wide turn before last, a 3rd went on grass but couldn’t overtake. I would like to note these 3 cars didn’t get into contact with anyone. Each had his own little screw up simultaneously!!!

This meant I’m back where I started, at 9th. But with no one behind to worry about. Meanwhile the 2 cars in front of me starting playing dirty, with the Toyota meeting Barry R, and the dirty Porsche barely in control. I could of kept pressing on but seeing how the other driver was dirty, I let him go ahead. I’m secure in 8th. I slide on turn, losing maybe half a second, but nothing major. The Porsche ahead goes to pit….he was on soft and the lap end seeing me 7th.

Lap 3 end is weird. 2 drivers ahead of me pit….one in his Soft (British diver) and another in medium…seems they are going for 2 stops strategy. I end the lap in 5th….but again I slide twice in lap 4, but keep control…sadly losing 2 positions and back to 7th…..until end of lap 5 where 2 drivers on medium pit. I’m at 5th again. Next lap 2 more people pit, now I’m in 3rd in lap 7 and kept it until end of lap 9.

I exit the pit in 7th and guess who is behind me…the British diver :ill:. By end of lap 10 I gain 2 positions curtesy of two who pit a second time. Another pits next turn and I jump to 4th!!! Only to be shoved by him next turn…and he starts to over break next turns, causing the British diver to catch up. He overtake and last lap see me finishing 6th and 58 points.

Honestly the race wasn’t that fun like yesterday. The constant fear of ending with no tyres made concede too much to others. I took my feet of the pedals in order to conserve and ended like this…

Attachments

• 473F1CB7-13B3-476B-9F95-3238DFF7DBD1.jpeg
    473F1CB7-13B3-476B-9F95-3238DFF7DBD1.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 785C71D8-7DD0-41B9-A1DA-EDA3D336B573.jpeg
    785C71D8-7DD0-41B9-A1DA-EDA3D336B573.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 10
After getting hip and shouldered in my first race on lap 1, I tried to get a better qualifier in in the next one. Broke into the 18s but that was only good enough for 8th. Thought I could run a med, hard, med strategy and try and put the pressure on the last few laps. The run through T1 was pretty clean, first spinner came off the edge of the banked corner from about 4th, then got another car coming off the hairpin after they went wide and fell victim to the kitty litter quicksand. Then picked off a Supra coming down to T1 knowing he was going to cover the inside line I gave him the old outside-inside cross and cleared him, next a black AMG lost it at the exit to the last corner, and I'm catching 4th, until my pitstop to start my Hard tyre stint, came out behind the black AMG and picked him off with another move into T1 only it was a pure around the outside move, just got in and tried to be consistent with my times and not make mistakes. Then at end of lap 11 was the time I was going to come in for my 2nd stop for mediums. Came out in 8th and got the head down to catch the guys in front of me, can see that they are really struggling for grip, pick the first one of the two coming out of the tight hairpin in the short run to the double apex, then pick the next guy off coming onto the main straight to start my last lap.

6th after that race was the best I could of done as the guys up the front were on the next level. 112 points from that race and a clean race as well. Looking forward to the next race as I'm getting used to the short shifting needed in the M4 to be competitive

Asia GT1

Just did slot 1 @ Sardegna GT1. That was interesting, started 4th on Med...guys in front got aggressive and started bumped, I slipped through into first 1/2-way through 2nd lap. Held it towards the end of the 6th when my tires were completely fried, right front totally red. Came in too hot into the right hander before the uphill and slid into the kitty litter, by the time I got back on track and into the pits I was in 10th. Worked back up to 8th on the hards but my right front again was completely red by about the start of the last lap. Finished 8th.....need to be little less aggressive on the throttle on those long left handers to try and save this front tire a bit more in slot 2.

I did few more test races for the Manu Cup over the past few days and I felt that I could get a top 8 good that I could finish in the top 8 and that would be a success in my eyes. I entered the GT2 20:00 East Coast slot and saw @mobilmasher which was cool to race with/against again. I wish I did more practice in the soft ties as my first lap was my best lap and it was good enough for P9. I was sliding all over the place.

The race starts and I'm doing my strategy of when to lift and coast and save my tires. I lead a lap when I all the leaders pit and i passed the true race leader. My hard tires lose all traction on the final corners of the 9 lap stint and I have a heck of a time staying on track. I pit and switch to the medium compound.

Then disaster strikes as I touch the grass coming out of the left hand turn before the final chicane. My car is wrecked and all my practice and planning down the drain. And I burn my tires trying to catch up and the ties lose all traction in the same exact spot. I lose a spot and finish P11 for 74 points.

I was not going to run that again so that's it for tonight. The race was a tough challenge and I almost had a great run in the end. Who knows what would of happend if I didn't wreck my car. Oh well, it happens and I'm on to next week.

9:00 oclock USA split, sorry for the backwards driving. My screen went blank and I was frantically trying to get it back on, exitted the race ASAP.

Got close but that BRZ seemed to only stop once lol, had few people try to run me off into sand on curves few times but i will take it...only did one banker qualy lap because i feared getting hammered again on 1st turn
20220827_204331_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Damn this is a hard one, at least for me. Big trouble keeping the pace AND doing a 1 stop only with the Lambo. About to try again in a few...

I haven't done any GTWS Manu races this season and was going to sit this one out as well, but with 10 minutes to go before slot 1 deadline, I figured I had nothing to lose and it would also be my 50th GT7 sport mode race, so I could at least get my trophy.

Low A/S GT1 lobby and things go as expected as I qualify 14th out of 15 (15th didn't set a time) and off I go in the Jag. Get through the turn 1 and 2 carnage and emerge 8th. Couple crashes ahead and some penalties saw me move up to 5th by lap 3. Had a great mid race back and forth battle with an Argentinian and eventually pulled away and was running a comfortable 4th when others started to pit.

I stuck to my 9H/6M strategy and was shocked to see a couple guys ahead do a 2 stopper putting me in P2 with 3 to go. I had nothing for the leader who was 10 seconds ahead at the end, but I'll happily take my 154 points and call it a night. Very surprised how that all went and the tire wear was not that hard to manage really.

As for my 50 race trophy, it never did trigger. Is that a glitch?

Gran Turismo® 7_20220827204045.jpg

Ran the second Manu slot in the Americas with the WRX.

GT1, A/S lobby.

Weekends don't work for me so it's been a couple months break from Manu so I was a bit rusty. Qualified P7 with a 1:18.7, 0.220s off pole.

The race was uneventful. Did 9H / 6M and came home 6th, only 0.008s behind 5th. 156 points.

That brings my 100% podium attendance in Manu to an end in my 11th race.

Kind of a weird, boring race. Hopefully I can squeeze another Manu race here or there some weekend.

Tried to do this race twice and both times got disconnected after qualifying. Qualified 12th the first time and 7th the 2nd time.

GT1Lobby DR - A - Manu @ Sardegna

Not a great night of racing for me, even though I had an ok practice time under the 1:18's

- Might be the Huracan, might be the latest update or my controller, but something felt off the whole time. I found it really hard to tire save in the Lamborghini, to the point where I did the 2 stop strategy on my last race. Finally ended with 140+ points but I had little higher expectations for tonight.

Anyways, much fun still. Thanks to all the clean racers 🌞 Stay safe

Decided to sport in on a round of Manu this season. Did a last minute sign with Ferrari. Despite the improved physics, it’s still a somewhat tricky car, especially at a circuit like Sardegna. Slot 1 N/A region GT1 was a train wreck for me. Qualified almost DFL, only gained positions as peoples tires went off. Finished 10th

Took the next 3 slots off as the wife and I finished up hanging some wall paper.

Last slot:

Finally somewhat got the hang of the 458. Had a decent qually and ended up 6th on the grid, but a full second off pace. Started on hards and just applied light pressure to those in front of me, with eventually 3 of them going off as their tires faded at the end of their respective stints. Found myself in second with 4 laps to go and closing in on first fast. Got on his bumper with 1.5 laps to go, but quickly realized that the colorful flag in front was the type that was going to win at all costs. Being that this was the last slot, I didn’t force the issue too much. Ended in a close second.

All in all I had a blast. Even though there wasn’t much in the way of strategy, the race required a certain amount of racing IQ which is just as good. Think I’m re-hooked on sport mode!

D381A885-4272-4AFF-8F90-A8C651C171DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Don’t really know what’s going on with the physics but the car felt like it was full of water sloshing back and forth the entire race, like every corner was at risk of a tank slapper happening. It always wanted to keep steering after every corner was over. Reminded me of PCARS a little bit. Other than that the race was fun last night.

Even though it was a bit extreme hopefully we’re getting away from the 1x fuel consumption 1x tire wear snoozefests.

Last edited:
Don’t really know what’s going on with the physics but the car felt like it was full of water sloshing back and forth the entire race, like every corner was at risk of a tank slapper happening. It always wanted to keep steering after every corner was over. Reminded me of PCARS a little bit. Other than that the race was fun last night.

Even though it was a bit extreme hopefully we’re getting away from the 1x fuel consumption 1x tire wear snoozefests.
Next week's Nations race looks interesting - 12 laps of no-chicane Catalunya, any compound, no mandatory stop, fuel x4. tyre x5. Initial thoughts - not sure even the BRZ can do a RH no-stop now.

Unfortunately Manufacturers is a 1x/1x snoozer at Laguna, AWDs to dominate again.

Back