Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
For the practice time trial, I tried the r35 GTR with a 1:39.8, then the BRZ and got 1:39.2, then tried the R34 GTR and got a 1:38.8. That's position #390 as of writing which I find astonishing considering I'm just some average B rated driver. Practice race lap times are in the 1:42 range on Hards with no stop strat. No idea if this is good enough for GT2 category and not even sure if it's the best car to use so will be trying some more options out.
If you can do lap times like that, I suspect you're on for a very good result in a B rated lobby. That's the kind of pace I'm currently doing and I've recently been hovering around the high A/low A+ range.

If you can do lap times like that, I suspect you're on for a very good result in a B rated lobby. That's the kind of pace I'm currently doing and I've recently been hovering around the high A/low A+ range.
Thanks, I gave the Porsche a go as well as the NSX. The Porsche feels on par with the old '99 GTR with my abilities and the NSX needs delicate driving to avoid slipping. The BRZ is good in the mid section but overall lap times were slower than the GTR in qualification or in the test race. I was attempting to aim for 1:41's originally for the race.

The Porsche can brake later (for overtakes) but is horrible for understeer out of corners whereas the old GTR has terrible understeer going into corners, extra cornering performance is gained in the GTR from using the throttle through corners and it's just a case of not wheel spinning on the exits to the tighter turns.

I feel that the Nation's race will be best using whatever people are comfortable with?

Have you decided on a car for Friday? For Saturday is the same case in terms of older is better, as the Silvia might end up being my choice for Nissan.

Thanks, I gave the Porsche a go as well as the NSX. The Porsche feels on par with the old '99 GTR with my abilities and the NSX needs delicate driving to avoid slipping. The BRZ is good in the mid section but overall lap times were slower than the GTR in qualification or in the test race. I was attempting to aim for 1:41's originally for the race.

The Porsche can brake later (for overtakes) but is horrible for understeer out of corners whereas the old GTR has terrible understeer going into corners, extra cornering performance is gained in the GTR from using the throttle through corners and it's just a case of not wheel spinning on the exits to the tighter turns.

I feel that the Nation's race will be best using whatever people are comfortable with?

Have you decided on a car for Friday? For Saturday is the same case in terms of older is better, as the Silvia might end up being my choice for Nissan.
No idea how you’re getting that GT-R to do those times. I tried it and the back end was constantly stepping out on me. I’m turning very similar lap times in the RSR on hards, but I’m also contemplating a no stop on mediums. In the race test I did there was still some life left in the tyres without any attempt to conserve them. Once this maintenance is done I will test it to see if it’s feasible.

No idea how you’re getting that GT-R to do those times. I tried it and the back end was constantly stepping out on me. I’m turning very similar lap times in the RSR on hards, but I’m also contemplating a no stop on mediums. In the race test I did there was still some life left in the tyres without any attempt to conserve them. Once this maintenance is done I will test it to see if it’s feasible.
you must be very easy on the tyres, I can’t get close to a no-stop on the mediums. did a couple more runs, tried 6S/6S and 7M/5S but just going with the hards is still coming out as fastest. can’t utilise all the grip of the softs because of traffic and fuel load.

I'd probably play it safe in the race and go on hards, it would take too much effort for most to run mediums on a non stop in a race, not counting top split of course! The issue would be performance on an empty track vs a race where you'll end up battling and wearing your tyres out.

I've also managed to improve my time this morning:

SHARE_20220901_0910310.jpeg

Maybe I'm just a nutcase that gel's with this car? 😂

I haven't actually made it in the 1:41's in the race but the best thing to work on would be consistency. It will be weird in my race as I feel there will be people who will go fast and pit. Time for some race testing for a rough overall time.

I'd probably play it safe in the race and go on hards, it would take too much effort for most to run mediums on a non stop in a race, not counting top split of course! The issue would be performance on an empty track vs a race where you'll end up battling and wearing your tyres out.

I've also managed to improve my time this morning:

View attachment 1188995

Maybe I'm just a nutcase that gel's with this car? 😂

I haven't actually made it in the 1:41's in the race but the best thing to work on would be consistency. It will be weird in my race as I feel there will be people who will go fast and pit. Time for some race testing for a rough overall time.
I’m A+ and will likely be Oceania 2nd split. My first no stop trial in the RSR was 20:32 dead. That should give you a benchmark.

you must be very easy on the tyres, I can’t get close to a no-stop on the mediums. did a couple more runs, tried 6S/6S and 7M/5S but just going with the hards is still coming out as fastest. can’t utilise all the grip of the softs because of traffic and fuel load.
I can’t make a medium no stop work in the Porsche. I can get to the end with the tyres, but I lose too much time babying the car.

BRZ mediums might work. Tyre die after 11 laps, but it’s weather your good enough to save the tyres for 12 laps

I noticed that the old 84 Skyline is about 200kg lighter than the next Gr3 car..... has anyone tried running laps in it? In theory, you would think that the lower weight should contribute to lower tyre wear....

I noticed that the old 84 Skyline is about 200kg lighter than the next Gr3 car..... has anyone tried running laps in it? In theory, you would think that the lower weight should contribute to lower tyre wear....
I’m 1.5 seconds per lap slower in it than the RSR. No way I’m making that up through tyre wear. YMMV.

Thanks mate! I ran my first 5 laps last night (in the BRZ) and was way off the pace with a 1.39 or so. Might have to finish work early today and do some testing this afternoon. Might give the 99 GT-R or the Supra a try too.

Thanks mate! I ran my first 5 laps last night (in the BRZ) and was way off the pace with a 1.39 or so. Might have to finish work early today and do some testing this afternoon. Might give the 99 GT-R or the Supra a try too.
It's driving style dependent, but my quickest lap times on hard tyres have been, in order; RSR, Mustang, RCZ, Z4, 4C, FT1. (The first 3 will do sub 42s for me.) Everything else has been at least a second slower. I'm struggling with most of the FR cars (including the BRZ) due to excessive wheel spin out of corners on the hard tyres. They're a lot better on softs.

I'll do some more testing this evening, but I'm looking 90% certain for a no stop in the Porsche.

It's driving style dependent, but my quickest lap times on hard tyres have been, in order; RSR, Mustang, RCZ, Z4, 4C, FT1. (The first 3 will do sub 42s for me.) Everything else has been at least a second slower. I'm struggling with most of the FR cars (including the BRZ) due to excessive wheel spin out of corners on the hard tyres. They're a lot better on softs.

I'll do some more testing this evening, but I'm looking 90% certain for a no stop in the Porsche.
Thanks for the tip!!! The McLaren felt the best for me….then I tried the RSR and was almost a second a lap quicker, into the 41s on hards.

Just did Nations Cup Oceania Slot 1. Pretty much half and half BRZ and 911, there was a Mustang and an Aston in there too. Way off this pace for this combo so I started 9th in the 911. Did a no-stop on RHs and just went flat out, without any on track overtakes I ended up 5th due to people messing up the strategy and making mistakes. Good enough for me.

Wasn’t going to be able to hit the N/A slots today, so I decided to stay up and hit the first oceanic slot for a little heel-toe FUn Run. Pretty boring race actually. Fun to watch everyone try different strategies tho. Time for bed

04DEAFD2-2C65-40D5-AE73-31624F893F4B.jpeg

First slot, second split Oceania. In with @TheWeapon874 and @pennanton along with several other well known friendlies.

Did a 38.4 in FP immediately before and then couldn’t break 39 in qualifying. Only enough for Q5 right behind @pennanton. Did a no stop on hards and had a great race with a group of hard but fair racers. A couple of mistakes from people here and there, but nothing untoward. On lap 7, after a few pitted and a couple of genuine overtakes I was up to p3 and things were looking good for a podium. But Pennanton was soon all over me and took p3 when I made a small mistake at the last turn.

Then came the only sour note of the whole race. The BRZ that started on pole had one stopped and was closing on the front runners fast. On lap 10 he had closed to within slip stream distance of me in the back straight. I was preparing to watch him go past me into the last couple of turns when he divebombed me at pushed me wide at the hairpin. He then did something very similar to pennanton at turn 2. The comments afterwards suggest he repeated the divebombing on the last 2 lap as well to get the win.

Meanwhile I settled in to 5th and finished the race without incident. The final standings were BRZs 1 and 2, RSRs 3,4&5.

Overall a good race. Didn’t see my points tally at the end. I’d guess around 220? One and done.

First slot, second split Oceania. In with @TheWeapon874 and @pennanton along with several other well known friendlies.

Did a 38.4 in FP immediately before and then couldn’t break 39 in qualifying. Only enough for Q5 right behind @pennanton. Did a no stop on hards and had a great race with a group of hard but fair racers. A couple of mistakes from people here and there, but nothing untoward. On lap 7, after a few pitted and a couple of genuine overtakes I was up to p3 and things were looking good for a podium. But Pennanton was soon all over me and took p3 when I made a small mistake at the last turn.

Then came the only sour note of the whole race. The BRZ that started on pole had one stopped and was closing on the front runners fast. On lap 10 he had closed to within slip stream distance of me in the back straight. I was preparing to watch him go past me into the last couple of turns when he divebombed me at pushed me wide at the hairpin. He then did something very similar to pennanton at turn 2. The comments afterwards suggest he repeated the divebombing on the last 2 lap as well to get the win.

Meanwhile I settled in to 5th and finished the race without incident. The final standings were BRZs 1 and 2, RSRs 3,4&5.

Overall a good race. Didn’t see my points tally at the end. I’d guess around 220? One and done.
I’ve got the silly new GT usernames displayed, so if he is who I think he is he’s always been a bit of a goose. I gave him plenty of space in t1-2 and he squeezes me wide nearly off.

Otherwise, nice having a proper run with you, we’re usually a couple of cars ahead or behind each other. Was interesting observing your lines

Is anyone using the RX-Vision? Set my fastest single practise lap in it but it was all a bit too Tokyo Drift. Didn't have a chance to do a long test run so wary of the tyre deg.

Kind of stuff always irks me, it's just dumb driving. If a car is much faster behind me with a perfect chance to just pass me on a straight ahead yet they put both our races at risk with a stupid move. Yet it never seems to click it's this impatience and bad attitude that's why they'll lose more than a few of these races they should have won, and don't progress up the rankings as their speed would otherwise say they should.

There's a bunch of turns at Catalunya that just aren't overtaking spots yet for some reason people just can't resist trying to force a move through. The last one is literally 3 turns before the main straight, totally daft.

I’ve got the silly new GT usernames displayed, so if he is who I think he is he’s always been a bit of a goose. I gave him plenty of space in t1-2 and he squeezes me wide nearly off.

Otherwise, nice having a proper run with you, we’re usually a couple of cars ahead or behind each other. Was interesting observing your lines
Yeah, I had a very good view of what he did to you. Given the relative tyres he could have kept it tight through turn 2 and easily hung it around the outside of turn 3.

Same goes for you man. It was intriguing battling. We each seemed to have a couple of turns where we were stronger, but overall I just couldn’t match your consistent pace. I never quite worked out those last 2 turns.

Yeah, I had a very good view of what he did to you. Given the relative tyres he could have kept it tight through turn 2 and easily hung it around the outside of turn 3.

Same goes for you man. It was intriguing battling. We each seemed to have a couple of turns where we were stronger, but overall I just couldn’t match your consistent pace. I never quite worked out those last 2 turns.
I think it’s just the 911. The BRZs were difficult to deal with though there, it felt like they made most of their time there making them difficult to set up for passes into t1.

Tbh the 911/BRZ dynamic is probably the closest PD has gotten to a good BoP, which I’m willing to bet they didn’t mean to do

Entered into slot 2 in Oceania. Committed to a no stop in the 911 as I've never gotten a handle on the BRZ. Qualified p7 within a tenth of my best practice lap so that's all good. Early lap 1 a known sharp-eyed eagle problem is behind so I conveniently miss an apex and they get through. I follow along closely and get into rhythm. Heading into lap 3 they run into the swerve blocking wildcard from my Deep Forest round. The dove bomber versus the swerve blocker ends as you would expect and I'm through into p5 but have to serve a 1 second penalty I got avoiding the turn 1 carnage.

I make a few small mistakes and settle back down to lapping smoothly and eventually work my way into p4 on lap 8 and set to really managing my tires. I gain 1.5 seconds on p3 but never threatened them. Possibly not getting the penalty means I'm battling for p3, but climbing up there and being fairly consistent is something I won't argue with. It was fun, but my tires were crying.

Good luck out there.

The Gran-Turismo website doesn't work for me at the moment and on GTPlanet is only see a blank, white page on the World Series articles. I won't have any time to prepare for this weekends races.

Would somebody be so kind to state this weekends races, what they are about and what you would recomend for a B-Driver on Gamepad with AT who has no time to prepare?

That would be great!

The Gran-Turismo website doesn't work for me at the moment and on GTPlanet is only see a blank, white page on the World Series articles. I won't have any time to prepare for this weekends races.

Would somebody be so kind to state this weekends races, what they are about and what you would recomend for a B-Driver on Gamepad with AT who has no time to prepare?

That would be great!
Today's is the Nations Cup. 12 laps at the no-chicane layout of Catalunya. Any Gr.3 car, can use any tyres as well. The Porsche 911 and Subaru BRZ are the metas - Subaru is a bit slower in a straight line but easy on the tyres and great through the bends, 911 is good everywhere. Those are probably the best options to just jump in, use softs in qualification and then no-stop on the hards. Just be mindful of the tyre wear towards the end.

Saturday is Manufacturers Cup at Laguna Seca in whatever Gr.4 car you have available from your sponsor. 14 laps, hards and softs available but you have to use the hards and make a mandatory stop. 1/1 on tyre and fuel so no real strategy. The AWDs will likely dominate.

Last edited:

That would be great!
If you have blank pages here then how can you read responses?

Anyway, if you can read it:
Nations race is today, BRZ i heard is the best choice for gamepad because of it's relatively stable handling, Porsche is also up there.
To play it safe for strategy, just stick to hard tyres on a no-stop strategy. Fuel should be enough to last but keep an eye on it now and again.

Manufacturer's race, as Fezzik says above, but its either pit lap one from hards to softs or start on softs till the last lap then switch to hards

Back