Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
A two stop is 14 seconds slower than a one stop, so I wouldn’t recommend doing that.

And there’s nothing realistic about this tire wear. If Hards are dying this quickly, then that makes Mediums and Softs totally useless.
You forget we're in B. Everyone will be spinning off. 14 seconds is better than loosing minutes of spinning across grass and gravel traps with damage from the barrier.
If you hate 10x wear, look away now - details of the missing Nations Cup rounds and new round 5 of Manufacturers

"Tyre Wear Rate (Final): 20x"
Why Alsace test course?! My favourite car on a crap course. :(

I realised that my testing for the SF19 Spa round was all just solo, I haven't been round with any other cars (AI or human) so have no idea of overtaking spots, the normal racing lines & braking points. This is going to be carnage and no time to practice now before the race. If you're racing in the GT2 Euros tonight and get hit by a Jenson Button BAR, I'm very sorry.

Nations GT2 Asia slot 3
Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota '19

My target for that round was just to not make a fool of myself.

I decided to use TCS1 - helped me actually finishing laps, and the time loss was kind of minimum.
(Wonder if the patch also improved TCS, in my memory it was a plain no-go due to how much it slows down the car.)

Qualified Q7 (mid 1.53) and went with Mediums.
Start was as expected - cars flying everywhere, pure chaos.
Got out of T1 P9 with a 2s penalty for some reason, but in reasonable shape.
Using the overtake all the way to Les Combes yield me P6.

Nothing much happens up to lap 6, spin at Pouhon.
Miraculously, the car points forward at the end of the spin - go full throttle (thanks TCS) and overtake button, and managed to save P6 by a few tenths.
Still, that makes me a bit worried so decide to change to Softs at the end of the lap.

Out P9, but on the Softs things are a lot easier, so climb back to P5, then P4 after the car in front miss a corner.

2.5s ahead of P5 at the start of last lap, and I take a track limit penalty in Eau Rouge. It made me loose focus, and by the time I arrived to the penalty area I had less than 1s lead.
I used the last sliver of overtake, and just managed to save the position. Heart racing...

Very happy with that P4, considering my low expectations.

My takes:
  • TCS1 works great on that round for people struggling with the car
  • I did 9 laps with the Softs, they were still fine (thanks TCS?)
  • Overtake button can be a major help
  • I wasn't the only one to struggle with the car... Taking it safe does pay back here.

Last edited:
I realised that my testing for the SF19 Spa round was all just solo, I haven't been round with any other cars (AI or human) so have no idea of overtaking spots, the normal racing lines & braking points. This is going to be carnage and no time to practice now before the race. If you're racing in the GT2 Euros tonight and get hit by a Jenson Button BAR, I'm very sorry.
I wouldn’t worry about braking points etc… If you can make it past eau rouge in one piece then you need to worry about braking. My test races with others been crazy after T1.
What I will say is don’t rage quit tonight. Chances are others might rage quit and you could end up with quite a decent result

Same….I only bought the GT7 a couple weeks ago and been doing the single player stuff….have been months since I raced online (GT Sport).

Euro GT2 League….I ask for forgiveness.

Last edited:
I did some practice races against the AI and oh boy am I in some trouble for the Manufactures Cup Saturday. Since I drive like a barbarian, my tire management is horrible. I'm going to need to coast through more of the turns and be way smoother on entry/exit.

I was doing 5M/10H and I think I'll try that tomorrow. My right front was at 0% after both sessions so no control on corner entry and exit. I'm also hoping that others will be all over the place with the tire wear so high towards the end of the tire stints. This will probably be one of my throw away races so it won't matter where I finish.
If someone enters the Manu race tomorrow without any practice runs in a lobby then they are in for one hell of a surprise.....😆

Last edited:
KCR
Nations GT2 Asia slot 3

I decided to use TCS1 - helped me actually finishing laps, and the time loss was kind of minimum.
(Wonder if the patch also improved TCS, in my memory it was a plain no-go due to how much it slows down the car.)

Miraculously, the car points forward at the end of the spin - go full throttle (thanks TCS) and overtake button, and managed to save P6 by a few tenths.
Still, that makes me a bit worried so decide to change to Softs at the end of the lap.

Out P9, but on the Softs things area lot easier, so climb back to P5, then P4 after the car in front miss a corner.

2.5s ahead of P5 at the start of last lap, and I take a track limit penalty in Eau Rouge. It made me loose focus, and by the time I arrived to the penalty area I had less than 1s lead.
I used the last sliver of overtake, and just managed to save the position. Heart racing...

My takes:
  • I wasn't the only one to struggle with the car... Taking it safe does pay back here.
The overtake is enabled? I was sure it was turned for a previous race with these cars. Remapped that button, will have to remember to adjust my config before the race.

KCR
Nations GT2 Asia slot 3

Out P9, but on the Softs things area lot easier, so climb back to P5, then P4 after the car in front miss a corner.

My takes:

Was wondering about TCS as well as I use it if playing on pad, I tried it at Willow and was very close to my times without it, within 8 tenths which is better than the 1-2 seconds it was costing previously, depending on track of course.

Are others using it finding a big difference or was this just a happy accident?

You forget we're in B. Everyone will be spinning off. 14 seconds is better than loosing minutes of spinning across grass and gravel traps with damage from the barrier.
By all means, go for it if you think you can make it work. But I race in high A/low A+ lobbies, so I personally wouldn’t go into this expecting my opponents to make those kinds of mistakes.

Last edited:
Wow the SF car is tons hard to control than the last time we raced at Spa.

That fast double left hander for me used to be flat, not its impossible for me flat.

Thought I’d give a couple of other cars a test around Sardegna to see if its worth a try if I can manage my tires better, and the answer is nope! Definitely a waste of time for me in the Corvette trying to compete. :lol:

Corvette after 5 laps on Mediums:

373367F1-39D5-470E-B649-479FCA366096.jpeg
Hyundai after 6(six) laps on Mediums:

1B7DC2ED-D773-4D08-B47D-3C75FD1C096F.jpeg

BRZ after 5 laps on Mediums:

8B07C2D8-DBBA-4FF7-AA40-5D6EDFAF052C.jpeg

So congratulations to Subaru drivers for round 3 :lol:

Finally i won something lol , qualified 7th with lap 1.54.640 , not the best but doing on dualsense it felt good xD

Start of the race went okayish but one guy just rammed the front pack and gotten 5 second penalty

after that incident i was first , used softs like 9 laps and then the rest with mediums -

i was expecting much worse with the tyres , it ended up a non issue 😎
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220826204825.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20220826204931.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck to anyone doing the Super Formula round in the Nations. At this point I'm almost certain to give it a miss; I just can't reliably keep that thing on the track at Pouhon.

That one turn has murdered me so many times now whilst trying to practice, I can't even finish a stint in a race against the AI without binning it! :dunce: It kind of feels like you turn in, roll the dice and pray the back end doesn't decide to go walkies...
So I ended up disregarding this and actually doing this round. The utter insanity that was awaiting me, oh my god. This was one hell of a rollercoaster.

My lobby loads up and I'm in with Rick Kevelham(?!!!?!). He ended up quitting long before the race even started though! Does this mean I can officially say I beat someone who's been at the World Tours? :sly:

I narrowly start P2 with a 1:50.856, then get punted to Narnia trying to navigate turn 1. Down to P15, as WiFi Password got taken out in the chaos as well. Lap 1 is a penalty and incident strewn mess but I manage to stay alive through it. Back up to P8.

The Portuguese driver that caused the chain reaction that took me out (and went unpunished) punted a Brit at the bus stop chicane and got a 5s penalty because the Brit immediately quit. The Portuguese driver quits on the spot, back up to P6 by the end of lap 2.

Fast forward onto Stavelot and a Greek driver loses it and quits on the spot. P5. Just moments later at Blanchimont, two French drivers in front of me make contact when one tries sweeping around the outside which results in one losing control. P4!

I try fighting with the other French driver for a bit but struggle too much in the dirty air so I end up dropping back. Then on lap 9 I get some fishtailing at Blanchimont, can't catch it and go to get intimate with Barry R... but I somehow don't lose any positions recovering and struggling to get into the pits to switch to Mediums. A few other people come in behind me to go from Softs to Mediums as well.

Thanks to my screwup however, I end up with a Spanish driver charging hard on Softs, but with them wearing out and with him picking up a track limits penalty he doesn't catch me. Then on the final lap, the polesitter bins it at Stavelot and I'm able to just sneak past heading up to Blanchimont. P3!

From P2 to P15 to P3 in an A+ lobby that had a World Tour driver in it, for 243 points (new personal best) in spite of being taken out at turn 1 and then binning it. I think I need to go lie down... :dunce:

Last edited:
Thanks for the update PD. Was looking forward to Manufacturers, had decent pace and done a few practice races and felt confident. Now it looks like I won’t even bother.

Hards were completely dead by lap 8 and Mediums completely bald by end of lap 13. Car just heads off the track in a straight line. Not happy :irked:

View attachment 1186780

Oh and thanks for putting in Kyoto too, one of my least favourite tracks 🙄
Perhaps this time you judged to quick. Perhaps EVERY brand needs a 2 stop race? I'm assuming softs are available?

Perhaps this time you judged to quick. Perhaps EVERY brand needs a 2 stop race? I'm assuming softs are available?
Available but not required. If anyone can get away with a 1-stop it's definitely what they should be doing. The Softs barely last 2 laps from what I've heard as well.

Last edited:
A good race in the end. My only laps of practice came in the time trial before the race. But I was able to constantly improve so I wasn't too downhearted. I muck up my first flying lap at Eu Rouge with too much kerb. Good start. Then I get a couple of decent laps but I can go marginally quicker. I then proceed to get a wobble on out of Malmedy. Lap ruined. Only good enough for a P13 start as someone pipped me down another place on the last lap. Still plenty to make up in the chaos of this race. Meds on and see how we go.
Start is o.k. but out of La Source I am now 10th. Then with a little more carnage in Les Combes I am up to 8th. Not bad for a first lap. However due to a fight into Stavelot 1 I duck too narrow and spin on the kerb. I loose places up the back straight left right and centre as the kerb somehow did my engine in. Now in 15th. Thankfully accidents, fighting and pits have me back up into the top ten within a few laps. It then settles down and I come into the pits at the end of lap 9 in 2nd. I come back out in 9th and this climbs back up to 7th when 2 more pit later. A Spaniard finds the wall in Les Combes giving me a place. Same lap a Belgian spins into Stavelot 1 and I am up to 5th with a decent gap behind. Whilst the Belgian does close in again before loosing it on the last lap again I hold steady to bring it home in 5th. Apart from a silly spin lap 1 I had no issues with the car. I guess as I don't really push it due to my snails pace I have to do something silly to bin it. (That I can do very easily)
Once the post race screen came up it put me in 4th with 70 points as the Italian ahead quit the room. But when I check my points the leaderboards still say 65 points for my 5th place I guess. Strange. Still a very decent result though.

Started dead last and well deserved, practice and qualy times are way off the pace. Total carnage in the race, I was up to 7th at one point before my one and only spin dropped me back. Finished 10th, and not through good driving!

Tempted to go again as I think I can be more consistent and pick up a couple more places but I'll likely leave it there.

I like SF, I like Spa, I've been competitive in this combo before, work to be done to figure out where this one fell apart in practice.

Good luck everyone.

11th in qualifying, 1:54…..3 sec behind number one.

I jump to 6 after first lap, but go down to 7th…..kept up until lap 6 when 3 spins in a row killed me to last….and kept spinning every time I get close to the car ahead. Finished last in Round 1

Round 2 , 12th qualifying. Start good, but got walled into last and spin….but I didn’t give up….through the race I kept pushing and up to 7th, when I got pushed into wall again for daring to overtake after last chicane. Kept pushing and 2 cars ahead of me spinning, one of them is the scumbag. Pushing ahead finished a classic sex….I mean six.

I will pass on round 3.

It was a fun day, despite the dirty play from a couple drivers. Got 61 pts.

Don't know what they did to the car in the BOP settings - it was a completely different animal compared to my practise runs in custom one-makes. A virtually untameable beast.

20970487231201975.jpg

Lucky Strike BAR didn't bring me great fortune. I can understand why PD don't let us have grid starts very often. Utter carnage, some of it caused by me misjudging the braking point. Sorry to all concerned. FIVE well deserved seconds of penalties on lap 1 dropped me to the back and then I was just trying to keep it pointed forward until the flag. A few sketchy moments but no spins (of my own making, I got the obligatory rear ender at the chicane). Others were not so fortunate and I made it up to 10th by the finish. Didn't' reach my seasonal top 8 target but it's in the points and I really don't want to do that again.

Dropped me down to a A SR, haven't been below S since my first week racing online. Shameful. Gonna have to crawl around at the back of some dailies to get it back up.

One of my best Nations Cup races in GT7, twice before have I finished P2 in GTWS races. Quali was a good 1.51.6 but only good for P7, didn't really have the raw pace on one lap here. Started the race on mediums which turned out to be a great strategy.

Lap 1 was chaotic as expected, avoided the worst carnage and up to P6 end of lap 1. I did however lose like 4 sec or so due to taking temporary damage twice, but could have been worse. Ran consistent pace for 6 laps and then pitted for softs.

Really found some good pace on stint 2 and I had luckily saved enough of nitrous/overtake for this stint. Around lap 8 I passed a spaniard, P4. Then at the start of lap 9 or 10 two drivers emerged from the pits just ahead, but they were both on mediums. Passed a Frenchman on lap 12, P3. Then only 2,5 secs from P2 on the better soft tires. Almost passed him on lap 14 but had a poor exit out of turn 9, and fell back to P3. Nitrous almost 0.

Start of lap 15 managed to get close enough to P2 German after T1. Even with barely any nitrous left passed him into the braking zone of les combes, P2. And then kept the position until the end.

197 pts in a tough chaotic race, very happy with that. 😎🏁

Attachments

• IMG_20220826_224737307_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220826_224737307_HDR.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220826_224810270_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220826_224810270_HDR.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
If someone enters the Manu race tomorrow without any practice runs in a lobby then they are in for one hell of a surprise.....😆
This is absolutely true. Don't forget the people that don't practice or half-hearted, are at a serious disadvantage. They are probably also a large majority. Take advantage from that and see what you can do in a two stopper. I wish I could join all of you in this one. Seems to be a smashing race, but I'm still on vacation. Can't wait to get home and start practice for R4.

This is absolutely true. Don't forget the people that don't practice or half-hearted, are at a serious disadvantage. They are probably also a large majority. Take advantage from that and see what you can do in a two stopper. I wish I could join all of you in this one. Seems to be a smashing race, but I'm still on vacation. Can't wait to get home and start practice for R4.

Well Mistah MCA guide on Youtube says you're still better off pitting just once. But yeah tire wear will be horrendous, especially if you don't know how to save tires properly. That is something I struggle with so not sure what kind of result I get tomorrow 😅

But well, not sure really.. Mediums dead after 5 laps, hards after 9 with GT-R.. One extra lap with either and you lose a lot of time. Easily 5-6 secs lost to best lap time with a dead front right tire 🥶

Attachments

• IMG_20220826_234925290_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220826_234925290_HDR.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220827_000402608_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220827_000402608_HDR.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Started 10th, 2 seconds off pole, as I just couldn't get it hooked together (especially at Pouhon) over my 5 hotlaps, and wound up 3rd thanks to my opponents suffering a variety of skill issues, especially at La Source at the very start. I pitted at the end of lap 8 for Mediums just to play it safe. The only hairy moment I had was getting tapped under braking for Les Combes on L13, but the punter appeared to come off worse as they fell back into the pack.

...also, I was 30 seconds behind the Ferrari-liveried duo who fought over the win. 😅

Managed a PB in quali which put me P5 on the grid. Unfortunately my internet connection let me down at the start and I had a lag spike at La Source which caused an incident, so I dropped myself to the back to stay out of the way. I kept going and just got positions through others misfortune and in the end finished P6. Was kinda annoyed though as I felt that I definitely had a shot at the podium

Well, had to claw my way back up to 5th & fl, from the beating i took starting in 3rd on those 1st couple laps, and especially that 1st turn was brutal with the punting all over the place

Back